Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend
14. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 21, 2011, 22:19 Morgan19

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. If T:A (T&A?) lives up to the hype, then great. If not, I won't be any more disappointed than I was with T:V.

That being said, it would be AWESOME to end up with a successful T1/2 hybrid... Here's to hoping.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sony's DCUO Make Good Plan
12. Re: Sony's DCUO Make Good Plan May 5, 2011, 10:03 Morgan19

^ That's pretty funny, now that you point it out...  

News Comments > Section 8: Prejudice in May
5. Re: Section 8: Prejudice in May Apr 6, 2011, 18:39 Morgan19

For rocket launchers and similar weapons where it makes sense, sure. But including auto-aim/lock-on for weapons like assault rifles and sniper rifles? There's no reason for it.  

News Comments > Section 8: Prejudice in May
3. Re: Section 8: Prejudice in May Apr 6, 2011, 17:08 Morgan19

Neither Tribes 1, Tribes 2, BF2/1943/2142, or any other PC FPS game I can think of off the top of my head felt the need to hold a player's hand in terms of aiming.

How is including it here in any way a "fundamental" gameplay element? It didn't seem necessary in the original game and the same can be said of what I've seen in Prejudice so far. The gameplay would be fine without it, no excuses.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2011, 17:29.

News Comments > A Fool and His News 2011, Part 1
14. Re: Gmail Motion BETA Apr 1, 2011, 16:38 Morgan19

I really enjoyed the Commando videos. =P  

News Comments > The Man Who "Killed" Starsiege Tribes
17. Re: The Man Who Mar 30, 2011, 00:27 Morgan19

Morgan19 wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 00:26:
in the last thread someone supposedly discovered that the renegades guys (renwerx) were recently bought by some other company

That someone was me, but I didn't "supposedly discover" anything; I just made an interesting observation about Renwerx being bought out shortly before Ascension was announced...

http://forums.renwerx.com/showthread.php?p=47672#post47672

Note that no one ever replied to my question, so whether or not the Ascension team was brought on to develop Tribes: Ascend is up in the air.

News Comments > The Man Who "Killed" Starsiege Tribes
16. Re: The Man Who Mar 30, 2011, 00:26 Morgan19

in the last thread someone supposedly discovered that the renegades guys (renwerx) were recently bought by some other company

That someone was me, but I didn't "supposedly discover" anything; I just made an interesting observation about Renwerx being bought out shortly before Ascension was announced...

http://forums.renwerx.com/showthread.php?p=47672#post47672

Note that no one ever replied to my question, so whether or not the Ascension team was brought on to devlop Tribes: Ascend is up in the air.

News Comments > Ultima IV Remake Speculation
8. Re: Ultima IV Remake Speculation Mar 29, 2011, 23:18 Morgan19

I didn't play any Ultima games. What made it great compared to what is coming out these days?

This read is a good start:

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=15965

News Comments > More GTA V Indications?
14. Re: More GTA V Indications? Mar 29, 2011, 13:02 Morgan19

GTA:2142!  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
28. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 21:07 Morgan19

What is wrong with that page?

I'm going to assume that the video actually works, given the number of comments here, but I tried firing up the video at least a half-dozen times this afternoon and it always just sat on "loading" no matter how long I wait.

I eventually just found it on YouTube, which loaded instantly. >_<

News Comments > Brink Class Trailer, EU Preorder Bonuses
6. Re: Brink Class Trailer, EU Preorder Bonuses Mar 15, 2011, 18:19 Morgan19

Is Brink's only mode like ET:QW, in that you sort of have "scripted" MP levels? Like it's do one objective, proceed to the next section of the map, do something else, proceed, etc.?

If that's the case, that would be the one thing I'm not too excited about... That rigid setup (vs. something like a domination mode, where your overall progression and chokpoints are more fluid) never appealed to me much, just seemed too forced.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Announced
75. Re: Tribes: Ascend Announced Mar 14, 2011, 09:05 Morgan19

also always wondered why the renegades guys didnt do their own game

They actually were working on their own Tribes-like game called Ascension (oddly enough). It looked like it'd gotten pretty far but after 6+ years of development they pulled the plug on it last January, I think due to lack of resources. The Ascension website was fully functional at one point with media and screenshots, but it's no longer live.

Here's a forum post detailing the game and its cancellation: http://forums.renwerx.com/showthread.php?t=5343

(EDIT) Well this is interesting... Another forum post (linked below) mentions that the Renwerx/Ascension team was acquired by a "major studio". It may be a leap, but given the similarity between the names Ascension and Ascend, I have to wonder if the former Renwerx folks are now working on Tribes: Ascend?

http://forums.renwerx.com/showthread.php?t=5351

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2011, 09:38.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Announced
50. Re: Tribes: Ascend Announced Mar 12, 2011, 08:59 Morgan19

I think you may be the only person in existence who feels that way. There are some who enjoyed both T1 and T2 but to enjoy T1, T2 and T:V is borderline madness.

Nope, count me in too. I bought T1 the day it came out and played it to death for a good five+ years, did the same with T2 until the servers shut down, and was a bit disappointed with T:V but still played and enjoyed it even though it was quite different.

The games changed, and those who enjoyed them all definitely had to adapt to those changes. I wouldn't necessarily call that madness.

I'm sure there'll have to be some measure of that for the new game too (as you pointed out, the audiences they'll try to please are just way too varied to expect otherwise) but I'll be looking forward to it for what it is: the next Tribes game, however that's handled. It won't be T1, T2, or T:V, no, but expecting it to be exactly any of those is destined to result in disappointment.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 2011, 09:06.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Countdown? [Updated]
9. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Countdown? Feb 25, 2011, 21:36 Morgan19

Make it MW:2142 and I'm interested.  

News Comments > Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3
18. Re: Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3 Jan 25, 2011, 23:10 Morgan19

I don't think that would discourage anyone from buying a game ... except Ed Flanders.

And Ned Flanders, too.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Dec 18, 2010, 17:58 Morgan19

So how does this integrate, gameplay-wise, with BC2? Do you have choose to launch the original OR this with separate icons and never shall they mingle, or does the Vietnam stuff get "mixed in" as you're playing BC2 online? Hope that makes sense...  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online to Expand
3. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online to Expand Nov 19, 2010, 11:39 Morgan19

I started right when F2P went live and have been enjoying it immensely.

The only cash I've dropped has been about $10 to pick up a few things from the LotRO Store that make travel easier and a boxed copy of the MoM expansion for $9 from MicroCenter, which gives m free VIP for a month and unlocks a BUNCH of helpful things like no gold limit, all inventory bags, etc.

News Comments > Battlefield Announcement Friday
31. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 3, 2010, 09:08 Morgan19

I'd go for 2143 in a heartbeat...  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned
4. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 11:27 Morgan19

Removed the blue box behind the chat window.

FINALLY. Most annoying thing ever.

News Comments > LOTRO Revenue Doubles
36. Re: LOTRO Revenue Doubles Oct 8, 2010, 18:04 Morgan19

I knew there had to be a catch. Love getting nickle and dimed to death.

"Nickle and diming" is hardly the case here... I've probably put in over 40 hours on the F2P version so far (a perk of working from home) and have spent *maybe* a grand total of $10, and even that was only to get a few fast-travel perks that made travel easier. It was in no way necessary to enjoy the game until you get way up in levels-- and at that point the time you've put into the game means you're likely one who would either be subscribing or buying a full-priced game in the first place. But there's plenty to do without paying a penny.

It's a fun game, even more fun that it's free. Turbine deserves the revenue it's getting.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo