Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Leatherface

Real Name Leatherface   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LFace
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 19, 2001, 21:58
Total Comments 263 (Amateur)
User ID 11388

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > New Worms 3D Demo
18. Re: Camera control Oct 29, 2003, 10:11 LFace

Camera is horrendous nevermind annoying. First 3D games out had better camera than this.

Agreed the 2D game is better, there was no need to go to 3D. If it aint broke dont fix it. This is a step backwards as far as Worms goes, they should have done another 2D game with better visuals, maybe have a 3D engine but still have side-view action and add stuff people actually want like a true custom weapon editor that lets you create your own weapons and models, modding support to create your own missions and landscapes that involve more things than just destroying the opposition.

There is so much you could do to Worms other than a hack job of turning it into 3D like every other sellout company is doing these days. 3D is not the natural progression - improved gameplay is.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 10:12.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Max Payne 2 Gold
9. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2003, 12:44 LFace

I liked those dream sequences in the first.

Very surreal and disturbing with the baby crying which was nice and atmospheric. Kinda reminded me of some of the out-there film directors/writers like David Lynch to some extent which is probably why i liked them so much - im a huge fan of weird/bizarre/surreal films from lynch and the like.

News Comments > "Official" Worms 3 Demo(s)
14. Re: Demo Sep 20, 2003, 15:22 LFace

Hope the bug i found is fixed in final version.

I fired a rocket at a worm and it blew away part of the landscape and knocked the worm flying underneath a bit of land which was just that little bit too small for the worm to fit under (least thats what it looked like) and the worm was stuck in the sliding animation with the clouds and smoke appearing underneath its "feet" and the game was essentially frozen until either time ran out or i quit.

News Comments > Kreed Movie
9. Bag of mashings Sep 14, 2003, 15:57 LFace

Ooooooooh, they know how to do deathmatch. impressive.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boring gits, that looked as interesting as a rerun of are you being served.

News Comments > AMD Quake III DLLs
5. Re: Interesting Sep 9, 2003, 05:17 LFace

Is there any point in this as Quake 3 should run like a dream on the chip mentioned anyway, so is this just a case of willy-waving for the sake of it. Woopee doo you get more fps which your eye cant detect anyway.

Its been over a year since ive had Q3 running at stupid frame rates so i simply cannot see the point.

News Comments > Condition Zero Website
15. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2003, 11:14 LFace

Pretty much how I felt about CS as well. I played it for about a year none stop. One thing you could guarantee if you went on a public server was there being at least one cock on there who was either cheating blatantly or acting like a knob doing his own thing which ruined everybody elses game.

I stopped playing because of people annoying me on it, and also that the gameplay got very dated after a year of playing it when newer team games like RTCW came out.

News Comments > Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness Patch
8. Re: This game is... Jul 5, 2003, 05:15 LFace

Its simplicity yet thoroughly enjoyable gameplay got me hooked. Only TR3 I thought was crap. All the rest were pure genius and I played them all til the end then again to try and find all hidden areas.

I always knew this new TR game would be shite from reading about how they changed it a bit from the standard gameplay we (or at least some) all loved. Im definately not looking forward to playing this. It sounds like they have shot themselves in the foot with a missing shotgun

Why they felt the need to revamp the series baffles me. The previous TR games always did well and people loved them. Are they trying to piss those of us who loved the gameplay style off and get a new audience because it seems like they havent pleased anyone. Its not as good as MGS or Splinter Cell if you like those kind of games (which I dont) and its not a Tomb Raider game anymore so I wont like it.

Such a shame. Waited so long for a new Tomb Raider game and along comes this steaming bag of wank.

News Comments > Flight Sim 2004 Preview
2. Re: I hope these were run on... Jun 10, 2003, 06:33 LFace

It does look ropey.

I also hope this time round MS doesnt ignore Europe in the details. Flying around london may as well have been flying above new zealand for lack of recognisable features. Sure it had the millennium dome and big ben, but where was the other stuff like the London Eye.

It was also missing other landmarks from around the country here like the big shopping complex Meadowhall in Sheffield.

Nit picking I know, but thats what I like to see in things like this - if your gonna do a job, you may as well finish it.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Trailers
12. Re: What? May 31, 2003, 19:35 LFace

Yeah your right about the first one being a multi platform release. I didnt play it on PC but rather on my beloved Saturn. Anyone who said the saturn was crap at 3d games should check out TR1.

No game to date has ever given the same jaw drop that TR1 did when you shimmied across that sphinx face and the camera zoomed out far. That to me was mind blowing at the time when most games were 2d.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Trailers
7. Re: What? May 31, 2003, 06:23 LFace

I have to agree. TR1 was a phenominal game.
Out of all of the PC versions so far, only the 3rd one I didnt like. Not sure why - I thought I had gotten bored of the TR gameplay but the ones after that I liked just as much as 1+2 so thats out the window.

I would be really disapointed if this new incarnation sways too far away from the gameplay style Ive loved in TR. I would be quite happy to have sequel after sequel with updated graphics and no change in gameplay because I like the game that much.

If its too much like Splinter Cell/MGS then I can see me being bored before the 2nd level.

News Comments > GTA Vice City Patch
5. Re: No subject May 16, 2003, 20:32 LFace

use a radeon card and you will see what that is

Funny that, me and several friends all have Radeons in various forms (9500, 9800 pro) and the game is flawless. Another friend with a FX 5800 on the other hand gets severe corruption.

Nvidiot fanboy.

News Comments > Unreal II Demo
11. Re: HUH?!?!? May 1, 2003, 17:47 LFace

maybe 30 minutes of gaming at the most
Crikey, theyre giving away 50% of the game in a demo !

News Comments > On Enemy Territory Lag
15. Re: All you guys who are complaining Apr 25, 2003, 17:07 LFace

And as a freeby, I have to say im very impressed. I actually like the voices too. The axis sound comical "use grenades...USE PANZERFAUST!"

Played it a few times today and its superb. Could be made into a superb team game just like its WolfMP counterpart.

Very surprised it was cancelled as a commercial addon, it shows real promise.

News Comments > Enter the Six Matrix CDs
13. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2003, 17:17 LFace

So let me get this straight, people are justifying this being on 6 cd's because it has over an hour of video ?
Last time I checked, you can have superb quality video thats 100 minutes long (and over) on a single CD (DivX, XviD etc..)

Are they using that shite Bink again for fmv. What a joke that codec is.

This should be on DVD I have to say.
The price increase has nothing to do with it being on 6 cds as cds cost pennies to make. So with it being on 6 cds as opposed to the standard 1 or 2 means it costs the manufacturer, gasp, about 10p more I would imagine. 10p !!! Crikey, thats gonna lose em millions !!</sarcasm>

News Comments > Postal 2 Demo
88. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2003, 06:59 LFace

Yeah games are the sole cause of people being fucked in the head, because tv never shows news of people getting killed or wars in progress does it...

Video games DO NOT make people violent psychopaths. They are psychopaths to begin with. Does seeing someone get buggered in a film such as Deliverance make you want to go out and bugger some fat bloke chanting "squeel like a pig boy" ? I bet it dont.

If videogames really did make people violent psychos, dont you think there would be a hell of a lot more incidents than the few that occasionally happen? Theres MILLIONS of videogame players out there, so does it make sense to you that they are to blame when 1/1000000th of them actually goes postal (no pun intended) in a school or mall or whatever?

Theres more cars stolen than there are murders in the world, and it was like that before GTA came on the scene so whats to blame for that? Cop shows on tv where you see cops take someones car in the name of the law to chase a villain?

Give me a break.

News Comments > NVID-EA
53. Re: NVID-EA Apr 11, 2003, 06:29 LFace

Thanks for making this page harder to read hebrew yer prick.

News Comments > The Postal Always Rings Twice
8. Re: Who are you.... Apr 10, 2003, 16:23 LFace

No, he's probably just an informed reader of the reviews that have more or less demonstrated the game's lack of quality

Like the reviews that state the game takes upwards of 90-120 seconds to load levels even though they are nowhere near that and closer to 20 seconds in reality (or at least for me with 768mb ddr ram)

Reviewers who dont know how to setup hardware properly shouldnt mention hardware related defects in game reviews.

News Comments > Vietcong Patch
17. Re: Man! Postal 2... Apr 8, 2003, 13:41 LFace

And might I just add to the previous comment about levels taking 2 minutes to load... They dont. They are 10 seconds for me on average, the tard at IGN obviously doesnt know a thing about computers and must not have done any tweaking or set it up properly because 2 minutes is just plain wrong and they should issue an apology because people might be turned off by that "issue" which frankly does not exist.

News Comments > UT2003 Demo DoS Fix
11. Re: mMm burning bodies. Apr 7, 2003, 05:38 LFace

Is this the fix that makes the demo fun...
Sorry, nobody else has said it yet and we cant have a Quake2003 thread without saying that

News Comments > New Desert Combat
9. Re: jeep jeep Apr 6, 2003, 06:30 LFace

Net problems are rife with BF1942.

Take yesterday for instance when I was playing on an EAUK server.

There was me and this chap at the top of this hill shooting each other until our clips were emptied. We both survived.

We then started firing our pistol at each other until the clips were emptied. We both survived.

We then got out our knife and started slashing for what seemed like 2 minutes and we were both unharmed.
Eventually he lobbed a grenade at my feet which managed to wipe me out.

If this was 2 dialup modem blokes I could understand as it was a full 48 player server, however I am on 1mb cable and he had a ping of around 40 so either ISDN or Broadband as well.

This type of stuff happens all the time in the game and its a crying shame.

263 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo