Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toad

Real Name Toad   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 12, 2001, 18:34
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 11329

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
31. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 19:28 Toad

Prez wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 17:57:
I got the same bundles - some REALLY good gaming for a tiny amount of money. The strange thing about it is that I could have sworn that MNC went Free to Play so I am wondering why there is a key for it...

The free-to-play game is called Super Monday Night Combat and is separate from MNC. I'm not too familiar with them, but I think I heard SMNC superseded MNC for gameplay and players.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 01:44 Toad

"Just like that river twisting through a dusty land."

I KNOW I've heard that somewhere before. Metallica? Maiden?
Duran Duran - Rio

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2013, 01:50.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jul 2, 2013, 04:54 Toad

Here are the links for standalone 326.01 installers hosted at nvidia.com: NVIDIA blog.

There are no release notes on the driver pages (except for the mobile 64-bit 326.01 page listing 320.18 release notes). Googling didn't turn anything up for me.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jul 2, 2013, 00:12 Toad

They also released 326.01 WHQL on June 29th at Guru3D and Windows Update for Win8.1 : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379973  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
51. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2013, 18:33 Toad

Sadly, my keyboard was made 21 years ago. I can't operate Windows 8 efficiently.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
58. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 14, 2013, 02:46 Toad

Jivaro, I think you'd do well to revisit and read this (from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/agnostic?s=t ):

Synonym Study
Agnostic, atheist ... refer to persons not inclined toward religious belief or a particular form of religious belief. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings.

Also see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released
13. Re: Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released Jun 27, 2012, 16:03 Toad

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 15:41:
Hmm, something's not right with that Meet the Pyro vid on Youtube. 59,000 likes, but only 307 views?
http://videosift.com/video/Why-do-YouTube-views-freeze-at-301

The video content is summarized in one of the comments if you don't want to watch.

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Steam Plans
91. Did anyone here play Die by the Sword? Sep 20, 2005, 13:45 Toad

It provided the option of freehand mouse-controlled movement of the character's sword arm. I'm not here to discuss it myself - only to suggest a past, presumably-similar example of this type of control scheme for more negative discussion.

News Comments > Sam & Max Rescued
10. Re: You know what? Sep 15, 2005, 13:34 Toad

Use ScummVM (http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/) to run LucasArts SCUMM games (including Sam and Max) on modern computers. The only online vendors I found carrying Sam and Max Hit the Road have a huge premium price tag on it.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 13:37.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: More drilling Jun 21, 2004, 09:55 Toad

http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=64&vid=67&category=

Extension for Firefox that adds BugMeNot to the right-click context menu.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. A relevant Firefox extension... Jun 15, 2004, 16:27 Toad

I picked up an extension (from extensionroom.mozdev.org) that adds BugMeNot to the right-click context menu. If you encounter a site with forced registration for content, right-click and select the BugMeNot menu item. You'll get a popup window with accounts submitted to bugmenot.com for the site you're visiting.

It seems the New York Times, at least, periodically disables logins "abused" in this way, so you'll need to log in with a freshly retrieved account when it happens.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 16:28.

53. Re: Mozilla Firebird Aug 25, 2003, 02:16 Toad

I love my IE... less than a second to load the thing, this google toolbar that now works to kill popups and my entire toolbar squeezed comfortably on one line.. good times.

All the toolbar buttons can be moved up in-line with the top menu just as in IE. View -> Toolbars -> Customize, and drag the buttons where you want them.

The load time is due to IE's "integration" with your OS, so that many of its components are loaded to RAM when you start Windows. There is a quickloader for Mozilla et al. which does the same thing: loads browser components into RAM at startup and keeps them resident for seemingly accelerated startup times.

26. Re: Rrrm Aug 27, 2002, 12:53 Toad

There is a lot more to the game. Unfortunately, the difficulty selectors in that Shockwave interpretation are non-functional. Level 1 cuts out much of the game's enemies and topography. There are at least two more castles, a large fog-enveloped maze (the player can only see a short distance around his avatar), the blue maze becomes far larger and more complex... the most irritating enemy, the bat, which steals items and drops them in random locations in the game world...

The magnet is for use in retrieving items dropped in screen locations you can't easily reach. Enter a screen with the magnet in hand and any items on the screen are drawn to it. Sometimes that's the only way to reclaim an item dropped by the bat (locations like the space between a castle's towers). If I remember correctly, the magnet is the only item the bat won't touch.

News Comments > New HLGuard
4. Re: how about Jun 18, 2002, 20:52 Toad

Well, VS would be Vampire Slayer.

News Comments > DOOM III Video
84. Re:#82 May 26, 2002, 22:18 Toad

Monkey Strike should have gone with the poo-slinging concept.

News Comments > DN: Manhattan Project Previews
5. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2002, 05:48 Toad

Bwah! The textures look like they're designed with old 3dfx hardware in mind (256x256 max texture resolution) and the dominatrix model lacks polygons in the derriere, giving it a spiky appearance.

I'm all in favor of the 3D-scroller game style myself. Strider 2 was pretty nifty.

13. Re: Blue Mar 22, 2002, 14:09 Toad

The front page of the site would have given you a better idea of the spirit of the creation of the Brick Testament. From the front page's poll:

What do you admire most about Rev. Smith?

-boyish good looks
-unafraid to weep uncontrollably
-lies down for what he believes in
-hung like a llama
-once shot a man just for snoring

News Comments > Renegade Demo Lag Revisited
17. Re: No subject Feb 19, 2002, 17:55 Toad

Excellent post, #15. I just hope it receives the audience it deserves.

19. Re: LOTR Test Jan 17, 2002, 15:46 Toad

Sauron for me.

6. Re: Quake monster Nov 22, 2001, 16:18 Toad

In an alternate dimension I'm Chthon.

'As Chthon, you're subject to fits of rage and hurling fireballs. Calm down and watch out for powerlines.'

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo