Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2940 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > "Full-Fledged" Tom Clancy's: The Division on PCs
17. Re: Dec 20, 2013, 14:13 John

Darks wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 10:11:
And I am totally onboard with these developers; I met these guys years ago when they worked on Ground Control at E3. The Devs were a great bunch of people to talk with and cared about their games and getting community feedback.
It would be cool if they did a new Ground Control game. I really enjoyed them especially the first one. I didn't care for the look of the units as much in GC2 but the improved graphics were nice.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered
5. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 12:36 John

You mean they haven't gotten another million yet?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 19, 2013, 07:54 John

Denthor wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 07:42:
I really hope that you can turn off the led in the future, battery issues aside, it's pretty annoying on my tv at night.
Yeah, it causes a glare on my TV too so I just cover it up for now. I hope they get rid of it though so I don't have to do that anymore and so the battery lasts longer.

I noticed that it is used to show my health in Killzone (green when fine, red when almost dead), but it's not easy to see while playing so it's pretty much pointless.

News Comments > Morning Previews
12. Re: Morning Previews Dec 16, 2013, 13:28 John

BitWraith wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 11:45:
I liked VATS pretty well. I voted for real time with pause on Torment...
For Torment or Project Pillars of Eternity? I voted for RTwP but unfortunately the turn-based people won.

harlock wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 13:21:
you sound like a real expert on this
You don't know? Cutter is an expert on anything!

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
10. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 16, 2013, 07:47 John

Redmask wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 07:22:
Projects overlap guys, you don't just finish something and the whole team moves onto something else. Games are completed in pieces and whole sections of the team move onto the next product. It is perfectly normal to want a product before you 'kickstart' another one but they aren't doing anything weird by starting a project while finishing another.
Yep, just like inXile has one team finishing up Wasteland 2 while another is starting Torment: Tides of Numenera.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week
2. Re: Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week Dec 12, 2013, 21:19 John

Where does it say that?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 12, 2013, 07:35 John

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 01:32:
If you go by launch titles alone from the 360 and PS3, the 360 had a very solid line up, and once again with the Xbone.
I wouldn't say it's solid.. Neither of the new consoles have much to offer game-wise yet.

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
26. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 15:02 John

Jerykk wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 12:32:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 09:36:

You're talking about breaking a contract here, not a delay. There are potential legal repercussions here. You don't alter the deal after it's done. Only Darth Vader can do that. Pray he doesn't alter it further. If they're going to push the game back for this then I'm demanding a refund. Few things chafe me more than when people don't keep their word.

This isn't a contract at all. You never signed anything. Your pledge amounts to nothing more than a donation made in good faith. There are no guarantees or legal obligations involved whatsoever.

It never ceases to amaze me when people think of Kickstarters as investments with some sort of guaranteed return.
Exactly. Also, this is something requested by and will be voted on by the backers. It's not like they're just going to change things because they feel like it..

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
19. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 07:43 John

InBlack wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 03:38:
"Hey we will hold the game back a bit to see if we can squeeze more moneyz outa you guyz...."

Thats kinda lame. No thats super lame. I was going to pay full price for this game when its released but this kind of behaviour is fucking unnaceptable is what it is. Sorry, but fuck that.

No, that's not what it is. It's a poll to decide whether backers would like to add more features that some have been asking for:

We've always taken your pledges seriously and we remain committed to giving our backers every stretch goal you reached during the Kickstarter campaign. Budgeting a game of this size can be daunting, but we always remember the cornerstones of our pitch and the features you funded. Even so, there are two things we know a lot of you have asked for: more wilderness areas and more companions. Both of these are very time-consuming, but we understand why so many people want them. Because we've seen these requests more than a few times, we would like to ask the community if you would be interested in new stretch goals to fund additional development. If not, no worries: we're still going to deliver on everything you've backed.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 10, 2013, 07:26 John

DangerDog wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 04:12:
I've already fixed this problem with StartIsBack, seamless integration into the OS, doesn't run as a background program or service.

Proper Start menu on Windows 8. $3 bucks and done.
Yeah, that's what I got and love it. Boots to desktop and that's where I stay.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
81. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 13:30 John

Speaking of conspiracies, I hear we never landed on the moon.. and JFK was shot by someone on the grassy knoll.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
14. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 10:34 John

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:07:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 09:59:
FFS. Who CARES!?
I do.
Why? You already know they are coming for you...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2013, 10:30 John

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 09:53:
PS4 Global Sales Update. 2.1 million sold.

And that's before Japan, their stomping ground.

Woot!
I wonder if the Japanese are pissed that Sony is selling to so many other countries before them.. Sony's homeland.

News Comments > Survivor 2299: "Nuclear winter has come"
2. Re: Survivor 2299: Dec 3, 2013, 10:27 John

What does it say above "Nuclear winter has come"?  

4. Re: Peggle 2 gets release date and price for Xbox One. Dec 2, 2013, 10:41 John

nin wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 10:10:
Meanwhile, in Germany...

Is that for real?! It looks like Black Friday at Walmart!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
8. Re: Killzone: Shadow Fall gets 1.05 patch Nov 30, 2013, 23:53 John

I hope they patch the game to allow more adjustment of the music. I turned it down to the lowest setting (50%) and it still seems too loud at times. Maybe it's just me but I don't like much music in most games..  

News Comments > Black Friday Consolidation
3. Re: Black Friday Consolidation Nov 30, 2013, 00:47 John

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:50:
This article is specific to the U.K.
Yeah, I was going to say.. The PS4 launched 2 weeks ago!

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 14:21 John

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:08:
Personally i always get almost motion sick looking at tv's with the 120/240 options set on. Just doesnt look natural to me and i can notice slight 'jerkyness' from it as well. I have a pretty expensive samsung tv and its infinitely better with the function off and running at standard 60hz.
I didn't even know that could be changed! I guess I'll figure out soon enough though. I'm also looking at Samsung or Vizio.. both have good reviews.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 12:55 John

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 12:03:
Its different with tv's then it is with say monitors. With tv's its making up frames that dont exist and 'guessing' what frame will come next. I suppose its possible that maybe 240 is more accurate then 120 in that its guessing more and quicker. For me though thats the first feature i turn off with any tv.
Yeah, I was trying to find some more info online and most sites say that there's not enough difference to justify going with 240. I'll just go with a 120hz because it's cheaper and stores are having better Black Friday discounts on those.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 09:47 John

I know this is kinda OT, but does anyone notice screen blurring when playing games on a 120hz TV? I heard 240hz is better because fast movement is sharper but those TVs are several hundred dollars more than 120hz (well, at least on the size I'm looking for). I hope to find a good one tomorrow and don't want to spend more for something that isn't really noticeable..  

2940 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo