Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2894 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
102. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 15, 2012, 17:32 John

Dev wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 16:15:
lYes, but now I want to know, preload of what?
Yeah, I was wondering that too!

Well they got their funding now and it's still going! I estimate it'll go over 3mil easy. I'm waiting now to see what kind of stretch goals they will have and other info about the game. I'm backing at $20 now but will gladly increase it if they give more details.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

96. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 15, 2012, 12:46 John

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 11:50:
This studio in particular, out of all the Kickstarter projects, I expect to actually deliver. Still they are probably laughing their asses off at how easily and quickly they are earning the money, and kicking themselves for not asking for like 5 million.

They don't have to ask for that much, they'll probably get over that much by the time it's over!

88. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 21:54 John

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 20:49:
Yeah, by the looks of it, it'll be done by tomorrow. It's already popped $600k.
It'll probably be funded tomorrow, but it won't be done! The Kickstart keeps going until the time is up so I hope they get a lot of money to make a great game.

I wonder when Obsidian will post their first update about the huge support they've gotten so far.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2012, 22:14.

75. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 19:41 John

Wow, 50% funded already! By end of day tomorrow it may already be fully funded.  

43. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:23 John

ViRGE wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:20:
Am I the only one that finds Obsidian using Kickstarter to be a bit repugnant? They're an established developer - they should be going to a publisher and doing it right, not hitting up gamers for money before they've even begun. It's like a millionaire panhandling.
Maybe they want to make the game how they and we want without a publisher telling them how to do it and how quick to finish it.

23. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 16:27 John

Tumbler wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:49:
I'd drop $100 today on them if this was a scifi game or something set in the future. My only complaint is that this is a fantasy game. I can get over that and enjoy it anyway but my funding this is hoping this project goes nuclear and gets WAY WAY WAY more funding than 1 million and they're able to deliver a product no one thought possible.

Then they try and do a future scifi game and pull in double what they get here!

I think some kind of futuristic game like this would be cool too. It would be nice if they let the backers vote on stuff like that.

18. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 16:05 John

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:54:
Eh, the weakest part of Baldur's Gate and especially Planescape Torment was the real time with pause combat. These type of games work best when turnbased.
I actually prefer the pause system over turn-based combat because it feels more realistic to me. You can pause it and give them all their commands then watch it action instead of spending more time taking turns attacking.

Just my opinion though! I still don't mind turn-based games (and backed Wasteland 2 as well) but prefer to pause to give orders.

9. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 15:50 John

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:04:
Goddamn! 248K in a few hours! I got in at $20, but I'm debating if I will raise it later.

I too backed at $20 and may also raise it depending on what kind of updates or additional info they provide about the game before the Kickstart ends.

Over $315k now!

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
44. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 13:45 John

Yeah, they should at least accept Paypal as well.  

39. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 10:16 John

ASeven wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 09:30:
A machine for pigs.

That's it! Even the name sounds twisted so I hope the game will be too.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 14, 2012, 09:38 John

It's stupid though.. data is data. It shouldn't matter how we use it. You'd think over time the competition between phone companies would make things better for us consumers but it isn't happening.  

34. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 09:20 John

Good for them. I'm already looking forward to their next game.. some kind of pig machine or something? What's it called? Anyways, I saw the trailer and it looks pretty creepy.  

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Beta Begins
27. Re: Steam Big Picture Beta Begins Sep 12, 2012, 10:47 John

It's funny that they say, "With Big Picture for Steam, we are trying to do our part to give customers and developers what they want - their games, everywhere, optimized for the environment in which they are playing." ..yet it doesn't even support WinXP. Sure, it's an old OS now but I bet there are many still using it. I will just be upgrading to Win7 this year when I upgrade my PC hardware.  

News Comments > First Steam Greenlight Selections
12. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 16:44 John

Aw, no love for some games I voted for. I wonder if those actually got the "100% of the votes necessary" to be considered for sale on Steam..  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
50. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2012, 00:19 John

Yeah, I thought the 'K' models were unlocked but maybe they're just overclocked already? I probably won't OC mine much or at all anyways unless I feel it needs it.

I planned on getting just 2 sticks instead of 4 because I thought thats what was required for the dual channel to work but I wasn't sure. I never really looked into it though but that's good to know.

45. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 20:10 John

Creston wrote:
If all you're doing is games, the i7 is overkill. Get the i5-2500K. Best processor for its money with its insane overclocking capabilities. But even at stock it's already faster than anything you could possibly need.

Hmm, I may do that. The i5 3570K is only $10 more than the 2500K though and is the Ivy Bridge so it should run cooler. That's good to hear about your 660 Ti too. Glad I went with that one and I'm looking forward to seeing it perform in person.

What about memory? I was considering going with 16gb but most games I looked at only recommend up to 4gb so now I think 8gb should be enough.

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 16:33 John

That's not a bad idea dj! I may do that with mine once the 660's get around $100. The motherboard I'm getting supports SLI so that would work out good.  

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 16:05 John

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 15:48:
I've had a 500 series for a year or so and can throw pretty much anything at it at 19x10. A 600 series should last you awhile.
Thanks! That's good to know. It will be a while before I can do another upgrade so I want this to last. I'm also getting a 3rd Gen i7 CPU to go with it.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 15:31 John

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 14:43:
Which one did you get John? Not sure which generation you are upgrading from, but how does it compare to the 500 series? I have a 560ti (awesome card) but I'm looking at upgrading again.
I'm not even sure which one I'm upgrading from! I got it about 6 years ago though so that shows how old it is. I could look it up later at home but don't remember the model right off..

I am getting a GTX 660 Ti though. I was looking at some higher 600-series models but this seems to be the best card for the price.. at least for the price I wanted to pay. I also considered getting a high-end 500-series at first, but when I saw the 660 and above come with BL2, I decided to get it instead.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 13:59 John

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 12:39:
I couldn't resist any longer. It will take until Xmas for Borderlands 2 to be that cheap again, and it hasn't even shipped! I broke my "no buying a game until a week after it has shipped" rule. Hope I don't regret it.

I can beat that! I'll be getting it for free!*

*Free Borderlands 2 game download with purchase of qualifying video card

2894 Comments. 145 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo