Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2935 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans
28. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 14, 2012, 05:00 John

Since they are getting more money than they asked for, they'll be able to hire more folks to help get the game with all the added stuff done in about the same amount of time.. That's why the 2nd big city is a $500k jump from the previous goal vs $100-200 which many of the others were.

I have confidence that they know what they're doing and will make this game awesome. Even if it's half as good as it sounds I'll be happy!

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer
16. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 13, 2012, 22:08 John

Good choice guys.. Looking forward to this one. As other said, coop would be cool though.  

24. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 21:21 John

I wonder if the PE shirt will say Project Eternity on it or whatever the actual name of the game will be? I'm guessing it'll be the name of the game.

I'll probably add the expansion and Obsidian shirt as well. And after looking at other popular game Kickstarts, the last two days see a big increase in backers so I'm confident that this will too putting it over the $3.5mil mark even without Paypal backers.

21. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 14:50 John

nin wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 14:35:
Hey, maybe we'll be caught up on the Fall 2012 game releases by then!

Yeah, the BL2 DLCs will keep us busy for a while along with everything else that's been coming out. I've got plenty others from before still to play as well.

18. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 13:01 John

Optional Nickname! wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 11:48:
Has anyone heard anything regarding the music, or featured composer in this Project?
Update #14 mentioned the music some. They also released the music from the KS campaign video in that update.

Also they're almost up to 60,000 backers and passed 20,000 likes on their Facebook page so that means we get 2 more Endless Dungeon levels!

16. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 12:48 John

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 02:05:
Kicktraq says 3.5m is now on the radar, last time I saw a trend run like that it went straight up on the last day, so we might even get way beyond 3.5m , maybe there should be another stretch goal beyond 3.5m (3.6 / 3.7 / 3.8 (I think 3.8 is the real limit) because with Paypal we are now essentially guaranteed to be over 3.5m at the end. (Planetary Annihilation made 5% of their funding with paypal and I think this time it's going to be even more...)
Yeah, I too agree that they will pass $3.5 mil before the end. I'm not sure how well the momentum will carry over the weekend but I bet the last two days will see a lot of last min folks jumping in. I'll probably add another shirt or something before the end even though I already get one at the $140 tier.

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
48. Re: removed Oct 12, 2012, 13:53 John

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 13:18:
The KS page indicates over 40k likes? Different counters?
Hmm, I'm not sure.. I think that is only people that like the PE KS page. They need to specify that everyone go to Obsidian's FB page and like that instead.

Edit: Also they just reached $2.8mil! Who was saying they might not make $2.6 a few days ago?

46. Re: removed Oct 12, 2012, 08:22 John

abcthjm wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 02:52:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 12, 2012, 04:21.
Huh, this must be a major troll since all of his comments so far have been removed.

But anyways, Kicktraq is showing an [experimental] total of over $3.3mil now so it's looking better for them to reach the $3.5mil goal with Paypal backers included.

Also, I see that Obsidian's FB page is at 18,763 Likes now so it should reach 20,000 by the end of the KS..

44. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 12, 2012, 01:05 John

John wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 22:08:
Almost to 57,500 backers too which means another dungeon level! I hope more folks "like" it on FB too so they add yet another level.
Wow, they got almost 200 more backers since I said that!

42. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 11, 2012, 22:56 John

Go for it nin!  

39. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 11, 2012, 22:08 John

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 21:49:
Wow -- over $100k today -- first time since day 4...
Yep, it's picking up momentum! Almost to 57,500 backers too which means another dungeon level! I hope more folks "like" it on FB too so they add yet another level.

21. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 11, 2012, 15:39 John

Oh yeah? I don't care much about the Stronghold either but they do cool cities. I think that'll be quite a stretch for them to make it to $3.5mil anyways but they might just make it if they get enough Paypal backers. The last few days have seen pretty good backing though..  

19. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 11, 2012, 15:20 John

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:15:
Holy shit, they released a (provisional) screenshot
Nice! That'll look great in 1080p on my 24" monitor!

Also their $3 and $3.5 million goals sound good! I hope they reach $3.5 mil cause a 2nd huge city would be sweet..

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 10, 2012, 22:56 John

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 20:56:
BS. My mother in law and her 5 sisters all have them, and 3 of them also have IPads.
The article doesn't say that iPhones aren't popular with older folks, it just says that there are a higher percentage of people over 35 that use Android phones vs iPhones. My mom uses an iPhone too but that's because I gave her my old one when I upgraded.

News Comments > Valve Play Testing
1. Re: Valve Play Testing Oct 9, 2012, 21:06 John

I wanna play test HL3.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2
20. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2 Oct 9, 2012, 11:12 John

By expansion planning I meant planning what's going to be in the expansion, not that they are planning to do an expansion.

And their 'testing a new funding system' looks to be doing pretty well! I wonder how much they have so far in Paypal backers..

Edit: Also I see they just reached 55k backers meaning we get another Mega Dungeon level!

18. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2 Oct 9, 2012, 10:22 John

Domgrief wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 09:08:
Whose creative vision includes an expansion pack?
Mine does.

I don't see what the big deal is anyways. They have done expansions for many games in the past so they just expect to do one for this too. It's not like they're going to be working on that instead of the actual game. They've got enough stretch goals to put into the game in not too much time so I don't see them doing any expansion planning now. They just wanted to sweeten the $165 digital tier for the people that asked for it.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2012, 10:27.

9. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2 Oct 8, 2012, 23:13 John

Dev wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 21:58:
FTL was kickstarted 2000% above its goal and it didn't stop it at all from selling a pile of copies on steam.
Yeah, I'm sure they'll get lots of extra sales once the game is released. There's a lot more people who don't do Kickstarter. I will stay on the $140 tier however because I did back WL2 and I'll just buy the PE expansion when it comes out. It's cool they offer that as an option though. If they make those into "addons" to current tiers they could probably make even more.

News Comments > More Project Eternity Stretch Goals
38. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 8, 2012, 13:43 John

Oh, don't you worry Mr. Tact.. It'll go back up especially towards the end.  

News Comments > More Project Eternity Stretch Goals
32. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 23:05 John

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 19:15:
Looking at its Kicktraq I can see it making $2.5m, but $2.6m would require an uptick...
An uptick? It's still got a steady increase which will get it past $2.6 mil easy. That's not to mention the PayPal backers that aren't included in the KS page total until the end.

2935 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo