Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2922 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
19. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:19 John

deqer wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:08:
That art picture of the dungeon levels is so epic. I loved that picture even before I knew it was able to grow depending on the budget. Now I love watching it grow.
Yeah, I think it's cool and would love them to add a small "banner" of it with the game. Or at least a cheap addon. You should support them too though and at least put in for $25!

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:06 John

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:02:
3 hours to go.
It's just under 4 hours actually but the counter seems to round down. It officially ends 9pm EST.

10. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:01 John

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:51:
Enh, I really wish they would have made making a good NWN style editor a MAJOR focus as expansion goal. Extend the game life for years and let the community build stuff they want. That sort of thing is infinitely more important - to me at any rate - than any and all of their stretch goals put together.
They mentioned that in one of their updates I believe. They said they would release a game editor if possible once they got more experience with the new engine they're using (new to them). It may be something they can add to the expansion as well.

4. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:49 John

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:43:
3.72 currently, with kicktraq saying "3.492 to 3.692".

Yeah, no use in using Kicktraq anymore except I like to see the "Pledges & Backers by day" tab. Over $350k added today so far!

3. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:45 John

It keeps going and going and going... UP!  

News Comments > Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans
54. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 16:42 John

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 15:34:
Can we get to $4M in 5 hours? The race begins!
I think it's possible with Paypal backers.. It'll be close though!

48. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 15:29 John

They listened to ya nin! See Update #26!  

46. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 14:14 John

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 14:11:
Only 30 slots, already all taken.
Seriously?! That's just crazy man..

43. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 14:02 John

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 13:51:
check your emails!
There you go nin! The $350 tier is perfect for ya!

If they had a tier with a new intel chip instead and if I hadn't just got a new CPU I would jump on it but I'll have to pass on it. I wonder if anyone will get the additional $5000 tiers..

41. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 13:45 John

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 13:39:
Fergus (spelling approx) posted they were doing some interview, but that was hours ago...there were more than a couple of people, myself included, who said on their FB page "no more stretch goals, we want you to concentrate on what's already been promised", but I admit I'm surprised they've not posted anything.
Yeah, I think they should do that too. It looks like they're getting ready to add a new tier or new tier item though because there's an AMD bag down in the list of tier items now. I'm sure they're getting ready to send an update anytime now..

37. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 13:16 John

Hmm, I wonder where Update #25 is at. They hit $3.5mil a few hours ago so they should have something to say about that.. especially since they mentioned adding another tier this morning.  

36. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 11:01 John

I agree, they should have no problem getting all the extras in the game with all the money they raised. I'm sure they have around $100k from Paypal as well.
Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 10:52:
Player house + Stronghold (I'm sure these two are now just one thing. 2M and 3M)
Probably so but I think it will start out as a house early in the game then later you can upgrade to a Stronghold once you get the money/experience.

31. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 10:28 John

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 10:22:
$3.5m on the KS page. Need new stretch goals! Wink
Yep, either that or use the extra to help pay for everything!

At the end of Update #23 they said they "have some plans for a crazy new reward tier for Tuesday morning" so I wonder what that'll be.. I'm sure they are about to release the next update now that they officially reached $3.5mil and another dungeon level.

29. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 10:08 John

Just passed 67,500 backers and $3.5 million is really close!

Now on to 70k backers.. At least they don't have to worry about adding another level from Facebook Likes because they only have about 24k there and want 40k to add another.

28. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 09:57 John

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 09:49:
I do think that endless dungeon may have gotten a bit out of hand for them. They probably they never expected that to go beyond five or six levels...
Yeah, it's about to hit level 11 and could see level 12 before it's all over. One thing I wonder is if the Paypal backers will be included in that backers total for the dungeon.. if so then who knows how many more there are!

25. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 09:12 John

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 09:07:
Never dreamed it wold do THIS well!
Yeah, now only 300 more backers needed for the next dungeon level! It's went up around 200 backers in the last hour! Crazy

If this keeps up then all the extra money over $3.5 will have to help pay for this deep dungeon.

23. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 08:58 John

I think it's because this is the last day and it predicts by day.. if you click on the [Exp] Projection though it shows a high near $3.7mil.

I just saw another $20 tier open up but then it filled soon after.

19. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 08:13 John

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 07:49:
edit: And wow! 3.451 this morning. Assuming they are including the paypal funds (and I don't know why they wouldn't), big city 2 is locked, and everything after this is to cover folks that back out/can't provide what they pledge, and covering the 8-10% going to KS and amazon payments.
Yep, it'll pass $3.5mil without Paypal easy today.. I actually think it'll go past $3.6mil. Kicktraq shows a projected high of almost $3.7 but I'm not sure about that with less than 13 hours left.

Oh, and they only need about 500 more backers for dungeon level 11!

Edit: Wow, it's going up pretty fast today.. In less than 10 mins there were 10 more backers!

Edit 2: Now only 400 more backers needed!

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2012, 08:46.

14. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 01:34 John

ASeven wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:40:
$3.4M $3.35M now.
Not much longer and it will be $3.4M! It'll certainly make it to $3.5M before it's over in about 19 hours.

The Paypal money will just be a little extra icing on the cake.

News Comments > Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached
48. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 22:41 John

Ceribaen wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 22:24:
How do the 'addons' work?
You just add an extra 20 dollars and hope that you get the addon you want somehow?

Doesn't really seem to be a wait for it to be supported through KS unless I'm missing something.
It's easy. Just go to "Manage Pledge" and 'add' the amount for the addon to the tier you selected. They have some examples. Lets say you're at the $140 tier and you want to add the $20 expansion. Just use "Manage Pledge" and change the total to $160. Then later after the KS is over, they will email you asking what addons you want with the tier you selected. Just be sure to have the correct total.

2922 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo