Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2933 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Google misses Q1 2014 earnings with $15.42 billion in revenue Apr 17, 2014, 08:31 John

Only $15.42 billion in Q1? That's chump change..  
This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 14, 2014, 08:12 John

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 21:54:
Shame nobody but Sprint offers unlimited plans though.
I believe T-Mobile has an unlimited plan. But one reason Sprint offers it is because no one can get much data from them anyways with the bad signal!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 9, 2014, 08:14 John

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 04:22:
Why hello there...

Interesting! I wonder if it includes the expansion..

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 30, 2014, 23:20 John

"As Early As September".. What's significant about that? They've been launching in September for at least a couple years now.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
8. Re: Morning Previews Mar 19, 2014, 17:13 John

MajorD wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 12:28:
nin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:48:
Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:39:
Hard to believe Firefly was only 14 episodes. What a boneheaded move it was to cancel that.

Fox loooooooooves to cancel stuff. Futurama (also canceled by fox) loves to remind them of this, with numerous jokes...

It'd be great if Netflix picked Firefly back-up; possible if the cast isn't currently too committed to other things.

I think SyFy wanted to purchase the rights to Firefly back when Fox cancelled it but Fox didn't want to sell for some reason. I would really like to see someone take it from Fox though because it was a great series.

News Comments > Planets≥ Kickstarter
6. Re: Planets≥ Kickstarter Mar 7, 2014, 08:38 John

Ludomancer wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 20:48:
I've never been kosher with Kickstarter. Paying for a product that doesn't exist doesn't sit right with me.
It's paying for a product you would like to have which may not exist otherwise. That's the whole point of 'kickstarting' it. I'm not interested in this game but when something good comes along like Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Torment, etc., then I'm all in!

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
14. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 3, 2014, 21:55 John

PHJF wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 20:59:
Tried twice but couldn't get into it.
How far did you get into it? I didn't care for it too much at first but once I got further in with more abilities I really liked it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 3, 2014, 21:49 John

Although the fine print says you have to give them your current phone for them to buy you out.. So they sell your phone and you have to buy a new one from them. Not the best deal.  

3. Re: Thief runs at 900p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4 Feb 18, 2014, 21:39 John

It was revealed yesterday that the upcoming Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will run at 720p on Xbox One and 1080p on PS4.

The pair are the latest in a long line of games that offer an increased resolution or framerate boost on PS4 including Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassinís Creed IV: Black Flag, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition as well as upcoming titles The Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs.

Wow, I didn't know that many games ran at lower res on the Xbox! I wonder if any Xbox One exclusives would run better on the PS4 too.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Netflix & TWD Jan 22, 2014, 01:23 John

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 11:27:
They will. The comment wasn't about asap, just carrying...
Yeah, I know they do have past season episodes but I don't like to wait because I have coworkers who discuss the episodes the day after they air and I don't like to feel left out.

So they will start airing new episodes? That'd be good.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 21, 2014, 08:41 John

Yeah, the prices they charge for cable are outrageous already and they want to add on more fees?? After my 1-year introductory price is over I'm going to be dropping cable TV too. The only cable show I really like which isn't available on other services is The Walking Dead but I could just pirate that once I drop cable.  

17. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 21, 2014, 08:38 John

robdot wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 23:35:
My ps4 has been flawless, but I was stunned today to discover it doesn't play 3d blurays, wtf.
Yeah, I don't get that either.. hopefully they can add that ability in a future patch.

I don't have a 3D TV though so it doesn't bother me too much but it is pretty stupid that it can't do it. Could the PS3 play 3D BRs?

News Comments > On Sale
35. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 00:37 John

Newegg.com has XCOM and the Enemy Within expansion for $20 for a limited time.  

News Comments > "Full-Fledged" Tom Clancy's: The Division on PCs
17. Re: Dec 20, 2013, 14:13 John

Darks wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 10:11:
And I am totally onboard with these developers; I met these guys years ago when they worked on Ground Control at E3. The Devs were a great bunch of people to talk with and cared about their games and getting community feedback.
It would be cool if they did a new Ground Control game. I really enjoyed them especially the first one. I didn't care for the look of the units as much in GC2 but the improved graphics were nice.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered
5. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 12:36 John

You mean they haven't gotten another million yet?  

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 19, 2013, 07:54 John

Denthor wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 07:42:
I really hope that you can turn off the led in the future, battery issues aside, it's pretty annoying on my tv at night.
Yeah, it causes a glare on my TV too so I just cover it up for now. I hope they get rid of it though so I don't have to do that anymore and so the battery lasts longer.

I noticed that it is used to show my health in Killzone (green when fine, red when almost dead), but it's not easy to see while playing so it's pretty much pointless.

News Comments > Morning Previews
12. Re: Morning Previews Dec 16, 2013, 13:28 John

BitWraith wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 11:45:
I liked VATS pretty well. I voted for real time with pause on Torment...
For Torment or Project Pillars of Eternity? I voted for RTwP but unfortunately the turn-based people won.

harlock wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 13:21:
you sound like a real expert on this
You don't know? Cutter is an expert on anything!

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
10. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 16, 2013, 07:47 John

Redmask wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 07:22:
Projects overlap guys, you don't just finish something and the whole team moves onto something else. Games are completed in pieces and whole sections of the team move onto the next product. It is perfectly normal to want a product before you 'kickstart' another one but they aren't doing anything weird by starting a project while finishing another.
Yep, just like inXile has one team finishing up Wasteland 2 while another is starting Torment: Tides of Numenera.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week
2. Re: Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week Dec 12, 2013, 21:19 John

Where does it say that?  

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 12, 2013, 07:35 John

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 01:32:
If you go by launch titles alone from the 360 and PS3, the 360 had a very solid line up, and once again with the Xbone.
I wouldn't say it's solid.. Neither of the new consoles have much to offer game-wise yet.

2933 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo