Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2934 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Interstellar Marines: Prologue Explanation
3. Re: Interstellar Marines: Prologue Explanation Nov 22, 2012, 18:51 John

Don't know but it looks like they've put a lot of work into it. I know there isn't a chance that they'll get funded but I hope they still make the game. I think they've even gotten Greenlit on Steam! Not that it means they'll ever have something playable..

Edit: Yes, they were Greenlit on Steam but it won't do them any good if they can't finish it. As of now it shows 'Late 2013' for the release though.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2012, 22:00.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
5. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 16:37 John

DangerDog wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 16:31:
Don't forget you'll need to pile on Games for windows LIVE to play it.
Well that doesn't sound too good.. Is that something like Ubisoft's Uplay that is required even through Steam?

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
1. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 16:05 John

Hmm, don't see anything I'm too interested in on this sale. I am eyeing AoE3:CE though.. always enjoyed the old AoE games. If they had Deadlight for 50% off I might have gotten it.  

News Comments > Double Fine Public Prototyping Project
14. Re: Double Fine Public Prototyping Project Nov 21, 2012, 15:57 John

Speaking of, DF has just posted a new update about the current progress of the game!

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 14:12 John

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 10:24:
DARPA has it, its a military project (for now). And yes I want it too! But man that is going to be ripe for abuse.
Hmm, sounds interesting! I would try it as long as it doesn't have any crazy side-effects such as suicide, death, ED, etc..

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 09:50 John

Ant wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 09:31:
Nice. Where can I buy free times to play all these?
Yeah, where's the pill that replaces sleep? I could get a lot of extra gaming done in those 6-7 hours each night!

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: Steam's Autumn Sale Starts Tomorrow, According To One Developer Nov 21, 2012, 09:29 John

Another sale already?! Bring it on  

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 17:00 John

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 16:51:
You don't think there's anything wrong with handing over money for stuff sight unseen? Sweet! Have I got a deal for you. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd just LOVE to sell you cheap!
And I got some ocean front property in Arizona..

8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 14:40 John

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 14:21:
So you really believe the DLC would never have been made had it not been funded by season pass? Or can you truly not see the difference?
I'm not talking about whether it would have been made or not, I meant paying upfront without knowing how the content would be. Not that there's anything wrong with that.. Tiny

4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 12:51 John

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:37:
No, you think, guys? You think that paying upfront for content when you have NO IDEA what it's going to be wasn't such a good idea? I'm truly shocked. SHOCKED, I SAY!
Like you have been doing on Kickstarter?

News Comments > Strike Suit Zero Funded
3. Re: Strike Suit Zero Funded Nov 20, 2012, 12:47 John

I saw it and backed it at the early $15 pledge level. It doesn't look quite as good as Star Citizen but I felt for $15 I'd go for it.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage Trailer
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage Trailer Nov 20, 2012, 12:41 John

That would be cool..  

11. Re: Double Fine Public Prototyping Project Nov 20, 2012, 11:06 John

wtf_man wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:28:
Yeah... I don't logon to the forums much.
Any new ETA given? (More out of curiosity than wanting a hard date)
Not that I know of.. From the Episode updates, it sounds like they are just trying really hard to make the May release. They originally planned for Bagel to do most all the in-game artwork, but with the game being so much bigger they think it will take him too long to do it himself. It looks like he will instead be in charge of the art direction and have multiple artists under him to get the work done quicker.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 3 now available Nov 20, 2012, 10:49 John

Does anyone know if the Spartan Ops requires an Xbox Live Gold membership to download and play? I was looking at it last night and it said it requires a Gold membership to download them which I think is stupid since it says Spartan Ops is included free with Halo 4.. It's not really free if you have to pay for Xbox Live to get it.

But anyways, I think the game comes with a code to get a few months only 14 days free of the Gold membership so I will just wait until all the episodes are out and then use the code to download them. Hopefully I don't have to be online just to play the missions alone though..

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2012, 15:43.

7. Re: Double Fine Public Prototyping Project Nov 20, 2012, 10:11 John

Suckage wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:40:
So... that's why we haven't gotten any updates for the DF Action game in a while?
They have been doing a main video update (Episode) about once a month and it hasn't been quite a month since the last one. It would be nice to see another sidequest video though..

wtf_man wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 09:46:
Honestly, I don't know what the hold up was... I thought the game was supposed to be out in October... but apparently it has been delayed.
It was supposed to be in October when the plan was to have a few people at DF make a short adventure game with the ~$400k they were originally asking for. But once they saw how many backers supported them and the millions they gave for the project, Tim decided to get more DF folks to make a bigger and better adventure game which he said would take longer. If you look at the tiers added later, the delivery date for those show May 2013.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2012, 10:22.

News Comments > Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer
12. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 15:13 John

Quinn wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 13:23:
Ordered Far Cry 3 for 20,- at WOWHD.com. I'm repeating myself here for people who've heard me say it before, though.
Hmm, that's pretty good! I'll have to check them out..

News Comments > Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer
2. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 12:57 John

Yeah, but a 250GB SSD for $170 and a free copy of FC3 isn't a bad deal! ..although I have no idea what a TLC nand is.

I would consider it but I recently bought a 256GB SSD.

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
44. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 10:42 John

InBlack wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 10:25:
...but I can't see this being designed AROUND single player since adding a single player campaign was a stretch goal, not part of the original project.

Well fuuuck me. Single player was a stretch goal?
I'm pretty sure SP was included to begin with.. The stretch goals have just increased the number of missions and such.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
151. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 19, 2012, 10:37 John

Gib007 wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 11:59:
All I know is that I have always updated Windows to the latest version almost immediately upon availability. All the way from Windows 95 to Windows 7. With Windows 8 however - no thanks mate!
So you actually bought WinME and Vista?

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
36. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 08:33 John

Strango wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 21:24:
The single player / squadron 42 aspect of the game is suppose to be very similar to past Wing Commander games. Now that they've reached the $5M stretch goal there will be 50 missions (branching) in the campaign. That for me is worth the price of admission regardless of how the persistent universe turns out.
Yeah, that is why I kept my early adopter backing of $30 (I was going to back out if it didn't look better by now). At the KS launch it didn't sound like the SP campaign would be much, but now that it has raised so much money and the SP has been increased to 50 levels, I feel my $30 will be well spent. I also added another $25 for a shirt since they are pretty nice looking.

2934 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo