Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2933 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
3. Re: Sunday Screenshots Dec 31, 2012, 10:43 John

Yeah, those shots do look really nice! I just hope the singleplayer campaign is good and long with plenty of places to explore. It would be cool to fly to distant planets and moons looking for hidden loot on crashed ships and such.  
This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 08:51 John

Techie714 wrote on Dec 29, 2012, 16:51:
Nvidia 580 1.2GB
Should last me a few years
Most of your build should last years, but you may want to upgrade that video card in a year or 2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2012, 08:38 John

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 05:24:
GAH Warthog went on a flash sale!
Yeah, I picked it up when it went on the community vote sale. It looks pretty good but I think I'll need a better flight stick for it.
Dev wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 08:36:
While it sounds like it has awesome graphics and sounds, its also a very accurate simulation, so it would require a huge investment in time to learn everything. I thought about it and decided I'd rather have something more like the old Jetfighter games, where it gives you a feeling that you are flying a flight sim in combat, but has all the tedious details removed.
It has a basic mode where you don't have to learn all the details too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 16:57 John

jimnms wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 13:33:
XCOM is $17.50 on GMG today. It's 50% off and stacks with the 30% off coupon (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831).
Thanks for the heads-up! I might just get it at that price.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: The Walking Dead Game Free On XBL Dec 28, 2012, 08:58 John

Well the title says "The Walking Dead Game Free On XBL".. that sounds like the whole game to me. It doesn't say "Episode 1 of The Walking Dead Game Free On XBL".  

News Comments > Boxing Day Mobilization
27. Re: Boxing Day Mobilization Dec 27, 2012, 21:09 John

Kitkoan wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 15:21:
Most of the ones I've seen, after the cracked screens, the Home button is a very common issue. And it was also the biggest complaint on Ars Technica when asked what they wanted to see in the iPhone 5, a decent quality Home button (or removed and be more like Android).
Well if that's the most common issue then I think Apple is doing pretty good. I like their build quality a lot better than the Androids I've seen. Not saying anything negative about Android, I think it's a good OS as well and my brother even has a S2. It would be nice if Apple removed the physical home button though and changed it to some motion-sensing touch pad or something like that.

1. Re: The Walking Dead Game Free On XBL Dec 27, 2012, 10:55 John

Bah, that's just Episode 1!  

21. Re: Boxing Day Mobilization Dec 27, 2012, 08:43 John

Kitkoan wrote on Dec 26, 2012, 20:37:
I am curious though, what is the long term costs of the iPads? Seems all those Apple devices have low build quality in the Home button (seems most don't live past a year, with two years being a rarity.) Everyone keeps wanting those to be the future, yet they keep having so many problems and issues with them.
I've got two iPhone 3G's (the 2nd gen model, not 3GS) and both their home buttons work fine still. One I actually just gave to a friend for his daughter and the other I use as a universal remote. I also have three newer iPhones (one is almost 3 years old) and an iPad with working home buttons.

Sure, I know some people have problems with them, but I would only say a small number do even after a year. Many of my co-workers own iPhones too and I have yet to hear of one having that issue. Most of them have the 4 or 4S which they keep for at least 2 years when they can get an upgrade. And typically they pass their old phone to their kids when they upgrade.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art
12. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Dec 27, 2012, 08:27 John

I don't really care.. If I get it it'll be digitally through Steam so it doesn't matter what's on the box.  

2. Re: Boxing Day Mobilization Dec 26, 2012, 12:55 John

Only if they're playing Words with Friends.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 19, 2012, 19:34 John

DangerDog wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:12:
If I were Google I would have slapped on a .99 charge for the maps app, a special idiot tax for buying an Apple product in the first place.
So everyone that buys an Apple product is an idiot? Yeah, that makes sense.. dumbass

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 17, 2012, 13:49 John

But it includes a GoW-Ascension demo!!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
57. Re: This Dec 17, 2012, 11:20 John

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 16:10:
So, what to do? Can't we agree that a 10-day waiting period and extensive background check to purchase a gun should be the bare minimum nation-wide? Can't we agree that we should properly fund mental healthcare so people with problems can be identified and assisted instead of left to fester? Can't we agree to close the gun show loophole?
Ok, so how would that have made a difference in this case? And if he had bought the guns himself, would a 10-day background check kept him from getting them? There are a lot of crazy people who aren't labeled as being so. You gotta be pretty messed up to shoot your own mother.. not to mention defenseless children.. but who could have predicted that?

Gun regulations correlate with lower gun violence. That's just a fact. And in countries where gun ownership is prohibited (China) or very strictly regulated (Japan, UK) not only are gun murders orders of magnitude lower, but also murders overall.

A school attack in China happened yesterday too. The attacker used a knife. 20 children were injured but no one died. If he had access to guns, that would obviously be different.
That's because guns have been prohibited there for many years and they never had millions of them in their country. Of course there are fewer gun-related deaths when no one in the country owns any. People have always owned gun in the US however and there is no way to get rid of them now.

"More people should have guns to protect themselves." Lanza's mother did. He took it and shot her, then shot 20 kindergartners.
That was her fault for having them where her son could get to them. Any parent with guns should keep them locked away from their children.

"Teachers should carry. They could have shot the shooter." And if they had and missed and shot a child? And the cost would be much greater: How many carrying teachers nationwide would lose their tempers and shoot coworkers and students over the course of a year? Just like more cars on the road lead to more accidents, so to do more guns in the population lead to more deaths, regardless of the noble purpose. Humans are irrational, and supplying irrational beings with a force multiplier results in multiple times the force, injuries, and death.
I don't think teachers should carry, but it would be good to have a security guard in the school or have the principle trained to use a gun. And actually deaths on the road have gone down even though there are more because of laws requiring more safety features in cars. That can be true with gun deaths too with the right laws but it's not so easy to enforce what people do at home.

News Comments > RAGE DLC Next Week
14. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 22:33 John

How 'bout a free DLC that gives the game a better ending? I liked RAGE for the most part, but the ending sucked IMO. There was no kind of final battle or anything and the closing video was really short and uninspiring..  

News Comments > EVE Fanfest 2013 Ticket Sales
7. Re: EVE Fanfest 2013 Ticket Sales Dec 12, 2012, 14:13 John

edaciousx wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 13:50:
Only good thing I got out of eve was 700 bucks for my characters.
Really? I wonder if my character would be worth much if it still exists.. I haven't played it in several years so my account may have been removed by now.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold
1. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold Dec 12, 2012, 10:21 John

If it was such a success, why did GSC close?  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced
14. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 12, 2012, 09:40 John

Huh, I never heard of Rise of Flight before but it looks pretty cool. There are many WW2 flight sims but not many WW1 sims that I know of so this is something I'll have to try out.

I don't like how it's a F2P game though.. I see if you want extra planes, better guns, or more missions you have pay for them. There is a version you can buy with several planes included, but it appears that you still have to pay if you want more.

Does anyone know if there is a way to unlock new planes and such just by completing missions?

News Comments > Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Free Level
1. Re: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Free Level Dec 11, 2012, 12:34 John

I played this and thought it was pretty fun.. It plays well with a controller. I haven't been able to beat the final boss yet though.  

News Comments > Spike VGAs
26. Re: Spike VGAs Dec 10, 2012, 08:37 John

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 19:33:
Couldn't care less about the awards, but I did pick up about 5 more golden keys from the Gearbox twitter posts after BL2 won a few categories.
Yep, me too!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 6, 2012, 08:22 John

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 23:40:
How much for Xbox Live a month if I don't want all the extra crap? Marketplace, Multiplayer, Friends List and Voice Chat?
Priceless.

2933 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo