Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2927 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 31, 2013, 08:22 John

Not bad.. I paid enough to get Dead Island Riptide since I didn't pick it up during the Steam Summer Sale.  
This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned
3. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 10:23 John

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 09:54:
Couldn't care less about the challenge stuff, but the return to Rapture sounds good! Odd timing, as I just started replaying Bioshock (original) last night...I think I enjoyed Rapture more than I did Columbia.
Yeah, I think that was my favorite of all with Infinite being a close second.

Looking forward to the Burial at Sea DLCs but I'll probably wait until both are out before I go back to it.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Google Babel Jul 29, 2013, 08:42 John

His?  

News Comments > MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled
8. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 26, 2013, 13:14 John

Trevellian wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 14:29:
Something tells me you are referring to Frappe Rally. I was in a I'76 gang named Frappe, where everyone drove the Rattler (Shelby Cobra). One of the tests to get in was to race gang members around the track. Definitely one of the more skilled groups in the game, using a lighter car with minimal weapon racks to dominate.
That map sounds familiar but I was in a gang called VSF and one of the members made the map I'm thinking of. It was a wild track with bumps and jumps and it really beat up your car.

5. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 12:40 John

Tumbler wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 12:33:
I think they launched way too early. I don't remember seeing anything but concept art. Some of it looked good but if you want to get something like that funded you have to show something that makes your vision of the game clear. Gameplay in most cases. Some kickstarters have been successful just talking about ideas but I don't think this idea is good enough to stand on that.
Companies like Obsidian and inXile can get away with just concept art and an idea, but these guys definitely need to show more and have something more people want like SP.

Also it would help if they ask for less money and then add more through stretch goals because a lot of people are more likely to back a project that appears to be doing well than one that's not going anywhere.

4. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 12:35 John

Yeah, I suggested they work on a good SP campaign like I'76 had then add some maps for MP and release tools to allow players to create their own maps. One of my favorite maps from I'76 was a race track that a fellow clan member made. It was crazy difficult to complete but I had a lot of fun trying.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 23, 2013, 11:01 John

wtf_man wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 10:00:
Never heard about that one... but now that I'm actually buying a console (PS4), I probably will be more in tune with console exclusive announcements.
Yeah, I just got on the PS4 pre-order bandwagon too. I have both a X360 and PS3 and have many pros and cons about each, but between the XOne and PS4 I feel that Sony has done a better job this time.

News Comments > Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin
22. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 22:35 John

How do you run the plugin once it's installed? I have Chrome and can't figure out how to run it! I don't have any icon for it like I do with other plugins..

Edit: Never mind, I see it automatically adds some things to the Steam website. When I first looked I didn't notice anything different but now I see some new things.

2. Re: PS4 and Xbox One pre-orders 'twice as high' as last-gen Jul 19, 2013, 10:47 John

And PS4 pre-orders 4 times as high as Xbox One  

News Comments > MotorGun Kickstarter
12. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 08:25 John

Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 20:50:
Yeah. If they were doing a new I76 I'd be in, but no real interest in arena car combat.
Yeah, I actually agree with Cutter for once! I'd love to see a new I'76 or something really similar with a SP campaign and that funky music. I did play quite a bit of MP in I'76 but it's gotta have SP too.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Jul 12, 2013, 09:37 John

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 22:19:
So uh, not sure how long this will last, it's gotta be some kind of error... You can buy a digital download of Metro: Last Light for $0.01 from BestBuy.com right now. The description mentions it being free with the purchase of certain graphics cards, so I guess it's supposed to be a special bundle thing. But clearly, it's not working as intended, lol. My order went through and it says I should get a code within 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours in some cases, so we'll see what happens.
So did you get the code? The link was gone when I tried it.

News Comments > Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2
26. Re: Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2 Jul 11, 2013, 13:32 John

InBlack wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 09:54:
Shadowrun, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity....

Its good to be a PC gamer once again!
..and Torment!

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 12:54 John

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 11:21:
Regarding OR...

How well does it work if you wear glasses? All the 3D devices I have tried are monster pains in the ass if you already wear glasses.
I heard they have several different eyepieces to accommodate for people with glasses. I wear glasses too so that is something I am curious about, but I am nearsighted so I wonder if I will even need to wear glasses with OR..? I can see objects up to about 6" away clearly w/o glasses. Hmm... Inquisitive

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 10, 2013, 12:43 John

Creston wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 11:40:
I love the concept and the ideas, I just don't think that they can pull it off for a million bucks. It seems like the kind of thing that really needs 10 million bucks at the least to be really done right.
They just need to ask Chris Roberts how to do it then! He passed $10mil and is still getting more!

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:14 John

wtf_man wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 18:11:
Ray Marden wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 18:01:
I was even hoping to flip the X180 to help pay for the PS4, but the market interest is generally lacking at the moment.

You could always flip your "day-one PS4" to pay for your Xboner and several games.

/snicker
Yeah, it looks like there may be plenty of new Xboxs around this year with the lack of interest!

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 13:18 John

Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:40:
nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:17:
I have to wonder if MS will do a last minute price cut to $399. Eating an extra $100 on the console would be painful, but no more so than the competition running away with the show...

That would be the ultimate crow sandwich for them to eat. After 8+ months of "We think we deliver enough value to justify 500 bucks" for them to then have to lower it would be the height of comedy.
Well if they would get rid of the mandatory Kinect and drop the price by $100 they might do OK. As of now I have no interest in it even though I used my X360 more than my PS3.

News Comments > Star Citizen Campaign Soars
6. Re: Star Citizen Campaign Soars Jul 8, 2013, 11:24 John

Wow, where do they keep getting money from?? I backed this on KS but I'm surprised they are still making millions without any kind of advertising that I know of. I just hope they use some of that money to improve/expand the SP portion of the game.  

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 10:08 John

Wetworks wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 09:55:
I like how their own website can't even get the facts right. They claim Titanfall and Spark as Xbox exclusives yet both of these are coming to PC.

They consider it all the same since it's still MS.. It would be nice though if all Xbox One 'exclusive' games also were available on the PC. That way there would be no reason at all for me to get One since I prefer PC gaming anyways!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
23. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 25, 2013, 10:24 John

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:02:
PropheT wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 23:29:
There's a big difference between digital distribution on consoles and the PC.

One is probably cost. We always wondered id digital would bring costs down. We always wondered if cheaper games sold enough more to make it cheaper for the buyer and more profitable for the dev. I think in both cases it came true. Console world with the additional console license and arrogance... probably can't risk it.
The thing that sucks though is that many new PC games on Steam cost the same as the console version which is stupid. It's usually the big name games but still.. At least prices for PC games drop faster and seem to go on sale more often.

News Comments > Frozen State Kickstarter
2. Re: Frozen State Kickstarter Jun 24, 2013, 08:33 John

If it was a 1st or even 3rd person shooter then I would be more interested. I can't feel the 'horror' much in these top-down view games.  

2927 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo