Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2920 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 26, 2013, 21:11 John

Yeah, the two-tone controller looks nice too. I wonder if any of them will show up on eBay.  
This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 23, 2013, 21:52 John

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 19:59:
I have 3 friends in this world. Everyone else is an acquaintance of varying degrees. And funny enough, none of my 3 friends use FB.
Well, I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2013, 12:53 John

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 12:40:
I played the first one last month. It's good, but (and I can't believe I, of all people, am saying this) it got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too longwinded at the end, and the much-vaunted story makes no sense whatsofuckingever.

And there doesn't seem to be much "importing" going on (it's mostly a few dialogues that mention what you did in game 1), and I'd say read a synopsis of game 1 then start with game 2.

Unless you have 60 or 80 hours to kill, in which case, play 1 first.
Hmm, I may have to do that since I haven't had much time to play lately but I'll see how it goes after I move. I do have a couple weeks of vacation left that I still need to use this year though so I could use some of that if I don't end up going somewhere.

Parias wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 22:38:
I never tried the Uprising expansion for Red Alert 3.. was it any good? I skipped over it because I heard it didn't have the campaign co-op play (which was what really sold me on the RA3 core game).
I haven't played it either but the Metacritic scores for it are in the 60's (critic and user) so that's not good..

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2013, 10:02 John

cronik wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 06:59:
Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 21:42:
Playing Witcher 2 now, pretty cool so far.

Agreed, why didn't I jump on this earlier?!
Did y'all play the first Witcher as well? I got both but haven't gotten around to playing either yet.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 23, 2013, 09:14 John

killer_roach wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 19:32:
I agree, but from Microsoft's perspective a Kinect game is an ironclad exclusive. Hence their attempts to push it as much as is humanly possible.
I understand that, but they need to understand that many people would prefer games that don't have Kinect features. I wonder what % of 360 owners even have a Kinect..

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 22, 2013, 17:01 John

Tumbler wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 16:18:
The whole "kinect" is optional change is them basically giving up on it. I don't think they can pull it from the boxes they intend to sell so their stuck with selling that $500 box, question is what do they need to throw into it to make people bite.
Bah, they got a few months to design new boxes! Take that junk out and sell a 'basic' version for $400.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 22, 2013, 16:16 John

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 16:10:
PHJF wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 15:41:
If they are giving FIFA14 to Europe, what the fuck does NA get?
Halo 3
Halo 5... next year

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 22, 2013, 13:01 John

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 11:19:
That said, I do agree that there's nothing on it that I want to play right now, which is why I'm not going to get one at launch.
I kinda wish I had pre-ordered early to get one at launch so I could turn around and sell it for more on eBay but I waited and probably won't get one until December sometime..

As for games, I also pre-ordered the new Killzone game because I enjoyed 2 & 3 on the PS3 but other than that I'll just wait and see how reviews are.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 22, 2013, 09:28 John

I ordered from Sony Store so I wonder how long it will take to get mine..  

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 21, 2013, 12:59 John

While I like Sony and look forward to getting the PS4, I gotta say they really don't know how to give a good presentation. There are many awkward moments where the screen is blank and only sounds or music are playing.  

News Comments > Titanfall Gameplay Trailer
9. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 08:26 John

DangerDog wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 03:56:
What else do you do in the game? I mean it looks good but if it's just deathmatch against stompy mechs and grunts that'll get old pretty quick.
Yeah, it looks cool but I don't do MP-only games.. Maybe they'll have a SP campaign version of the game later.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Aug 20, 2013, 15:16 John

Ah! I see now. I missed "two Origin copies" part.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Aug 20, 2013, 08:26 John

jimnms wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 05:54:
I haven't bought the bundle, I have no problem with Origin, I'm just not interested in the games. I read on another forum that with the games in the bundle that are redeemable on Steam, you can right click the game in Steam, view CD key, and use that key to activate yet another Origin copy. Basically you get a Steam key and two Origin keys.
You don't even have to do that, when you buy the bundle it gives you the keys for both copies.

News Comments > Thief in February
27. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 16:54 John

Acleacius wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 16:18:
Too bad people don't wait till the first 50% off sale, that would send an amazing message.
That's what I usually do.. lot of times I wait for more than 50% off since I got so many other games to play still.

News Comments > Thief in February
23. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 14:53 John

Quinn wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 10:37:
They removed jumping!?!? My fucking goodness!!!! I'm not being sarcastic here. They removed jumping in a game where you're playing a nimble thief!? What if I wanna jump onto a certain object from higher ground for tactical reasons? It's taken away from me.
They didn't remove it completely.. It will just be limited so that you can only jump when there's something to jump to so you don't fall off of a building.

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month
7. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 14:49 John

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 11:22:
Anyway, dunno why they didn't target this for closer to Halloween as it would be much more conducive to this genre. Still, hope it's good too. Simply love the title.
Well, if you wait until Halloween to buy it then it might be on Steam's Halloween sale..

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 14:44 John

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 12:06:
Aaaaaaaand region locking is gone. So what is there left for Microsoft to backscrabble on? We're really running out of things here...
They still need to sell a $400 version without Kinect..

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: Humble Bundle Aug 15, 2013, 08:24 John

Kythlyn wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 23:39:
Most of them are on Steam, and for those, you get one key for each platform.
Yeah, but the two I want the most (DS3 and BF3) are only on Origin.

I still paid for the bundle anyways.. just wish Origin wasn't required to play those two.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: Humble Bundle Aug 14, 2013, 23:13 John

This wouldn't be bad if all the games were on Steam..  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 13, 2013, 12:39 John

Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:12:
Except for the first one the rest are silly or useless for myriad reasons. Or rather, the novelty of them would wear off in no time flat and people would want to disable them. Controller's are such shitty mechanisms to begin with anyway.
I think having certain sounds coming from the controller would be interesting.. but it would have to route through the speakers instead when using headphones.

2920 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo