Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2933 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 1, 2013, 10:18 John

nin wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 09:26:
Do you have a preorder in? Just curious...
I do and I finally got an email from Sony saying "Your PS4 System will be arriving on or about 11/15"! Hopefully their 'about' isn't weeks later. I'm guessing they'll send another email once it actually ships.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 15:35 John

SimplyMonk wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:49:
If you have an iOS device, you can use this Logitech app for free:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touch-mouse/id338237450

Works pretty well. I was able to play Scrolls and a few other turn based games when my daughter was a newborn and using me for a bed. Perfectly fine for navigating, browsing and loading up videos.
Cool! I was actually just talking about remote desktop apps like LogMeIn to play media and such from my PC, but that's good too!

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 13:34 John

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 13:19:
HDMI cables are great.. IF you have your PC right next to your TV. Those of us that don't live at home with our parents and have our own places, usually don't put our computers right next to our televisions.
You can get long HDMI cables for pretty cheap nowadays. I plan to run one from my computer through the wall and/or ceiling over to my TV. Then I can use my phone or tablet to wirelessly control my PC to play anything I want.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 31, 2013, 08:23 John

Huh, battery life has been even better for me over the previous phone. Glad I didn't get one with the battery issues.  

News Comments > Raindrop Kickstarter
1. Re: Raindrop Kickstarter Oct 29, 2013, 16:31 John

This looks pretty interesting and a lot of work for just two guys.. I hope they get funded.  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 13:23 John

Yeah, and now Sony is selling Ultra HD (4320p) televisions yet their PS4 has trouble with 1080p!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 14:44 John

JoeNapalm wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 14:10:
YEAH!!!

...wait...

What?
That's just Cutter being Cutter.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2013, 12:40 John

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 11:12:
Flo wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 10:30:
OK, now I'm pretty sure this is gonna crash and burn. Mark my words.

Bookmarked for future gloating on your behalf or mockery on mine
I just hope the single-player campaign is good.. They're adding all this stuff but a lot may not apply to SP.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2013, 10:32 John

What the heck? Didn't they just hit $23mil less than a week ago?! They must have put all this money in some bank account and are earning interest on it..

The new stretch goal this unlocked is a public transportation system, and they outline what happens if (when?) their fundraiser hits the $26 million mark:
Yeah, when is more like it! At this rate they'll pass $30mil. Do they have a funding deadline?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 08:23 John

Simon Says wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 14:27:
+1 and btw, 4g/LTE/whatever is still utterly limited to 80 to 150 mbps per tower. Each tower could serve thousands. 150mbps/1000/8 = 0.01875 megabyte per second, iows, 19,2 kilobytes per second, that's well, less than 3 times faster than dialup LOLLL. And that's a best case scenario without overhead, with overhead, it's a total joke. I'd hardly call that broadband.
Wow, I get most of the bandwidth from the tower near my place then because I get around 70mbps.. Which is good because there is no cable, DSL, or fiber there.

News Comments > Cyan Kickstarting Obduction
18. Re: Cyan Kickstarting Obduction Oct 18, 2013, 13:52 John

Oops, double post..  

17. Re: Cyan Kickstarting Obduction Oct 18, 2013, 13:51 John

saluk wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 03:44:
Wow, all the hate?
Yeah, I don't understand it either. I guess some people only like games with a lot of action. While I do too, I enjoy the laid back puzzle games as well. I played Myst I-IV and have V but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

News Comments > Supreme Ruler 1936 Kickstarter
6. Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 Kickstarter Oct 18, 2013, 08:21 John

GL1zdA wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 04:55:
Why are you burnt out on crowd funding? I'm pretty happy with the few Kickstarted products I supported and it looks like the crowdfunded projects give much more consideration to what their customers say.
Agreed.

I don't agree with Cutter though because crowd-funding is still going strong. Maybe not with all projects, but when there is something people want the funding really goes up fast.

4. Re: Cyan Kickstarting Obduction Oct 17, 2013, 13:45 John

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 12:55:
Too bad it uses Unreal Engine.
Why?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 14:17 John

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 12:36:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:28:
Meanwhile Obama's approval is down to a record low of 37%, even lower than Bush's rating at this point in his presidency. When Bush finally reached it after 6 years the liberal dominated media celebrated. Now it's not even being reported by those same hypocrites.

Of course it isn't, too busy still blaming the majority controlled GOP congress for everything. The GOP created Obamacare too doncha know.

You have to remember, Obama is innocent in all this, I mean throwing temper tantrums and demanding the other side always give you everything you want, yet still call it "compromising" is so acceptable for someone who's President of the United States.

No all the worlds woes are because of the GOP, or Bush. The majority liberal media and all the brainwashed school children of the last 20 years say so.
Well said. They all just need to be let go.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." -Ronald Reagan

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Design Competition
5. Re: Star Citizen Ship Design Competition Oct 11, 2013, 13:23 John

BadIronTree wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 12:46:
Also check out the new ships :D
Retaliator
Gladiator
Pretty cool stuff! I wonder if the single-player campaign will include the same ships that are in MP though..

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
25. Re: Serves Microsoft right Oct 10, 2013, 15:01 John

Alamar wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 10:05:
Their shit is outdated (resolutions, performance, form factor), but they're consistent, and people can keep using the apps they love, across every (current) device.
Hmm, I know this is off topic but I don't see how those things make it outdated. Sure, the resolution isn't as high as some Android devices, but the screen is smaller too. Performance-wise the new A7 chip is certainly not outdated. As for the form factor, that's more personal preference than anything else.

I do agree that a larger screen would be nice and the OS could use more work though. Even with the iOS7 changes, it's really the only thing that feels outdated to me.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Serves Microsoft right Oct 10, 2013, 09:00 John

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 21:22:
Had they kept the original design, I think it would have been a much more pronounced difference. But now that they've rolled everything back, there's a not a lot of differences between the two, outside of exclusives.
..and the Kinect and price difference. That's the main thing I don't like. I can understand them wanting to include it with every Xbox so everyone has it, but I'm just not interested.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 9, 2013, 13:43 John

Speaking of curved screens, this would be pretty sweet. This is a concept from 2011 so I'm surprised there's still nothing like it around..

Triple-Display Flip Phone

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2013, 14:05 John

nin wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 08:44:

Nope.

That's what I thought.. Axis needs to get his facts straight.

2933 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo