Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Sep 12, 2001, 18:09
Total Comments 2979 (Senior)
User ID 10960

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
34. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 01:44 John

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 01:22:
So your first premise is that I'm crying because I'm complaining about a bug. Then you go on to say all RPG's have a shit load of bugs, which is certainly a giant blanket of bullshit. So you just bend over and accept a load of bugs in your RPG's? Man, talk about indoctrinated.
It's not a giant blanket of BS though.. Most RPGs have many bug fixes in the first patch or even the first few patches sometimes. With such a large world and tons of quests there are always things the developers miss.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
57. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 22:26 John

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 21:14:
I am not liking the RT combat even with the slow speed. I'm still all about that bass, er uh I mean turn-based. Shit flies by so fast I have no idea if my spells and skills work half the time without looking at the combat text. It also makes it a real PITA using food/potions. I'd like to see them last significantly longer than a few minutes.
You can set 'pauses' for many different events and/or at set time intervals and there is an auto-slow feature. I prefer RT though like it was in BG and IWD because it speeds up combat and if I need to pause for some reason I just press the space bar.

47. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 19:39 John

I found my name in the strategy guide! In which I must say it is a great looking and thorough guide.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 17:53:
First complaint - why the arrow keys? Why way over there? ugh. Is there a better way? Can't use the mouse? I have to really move my hand all the way across?
I assume you're being sarcastic as the commands can be configured however you like and the mouse works fine.

18. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 14:58 John

Glad to hear all the great initial reviews! I'm getting ready to download it myself but I will have to wait a little while before I can play it..

It looks like I selected the $140 tier then added the future expansion pack for $20 extra.

Interesting to note that Kevin from the inXile team doing Torment:ToN said he first heard about the Project Eternity Kickstarter right here on Blue's News! That's where I heard about it too!

News Comments > Gone Gold - Broken Age Act 2
1. Re: Gone Gold - Broken Age Act 2 Mar 23, 2015, 08:41 John

It's about time! I look forward to checking this out finally.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Carbon3D Mar 18, 2015, 09:50 John

Yeah, even to see all the 3D-printed prosthetic limbs that people and animals are using nowadays is great. There are many cool filaments too such as wood, rubber, wax (in testing), carbon fiber, and some with metallic properties.

When I have some time I want to print and build these though:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:644933
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:713815

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
9. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 09:33 John

If you really could play a game for 14 days then return it for a refund, that would be enough time to finish most games!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Carbon3D Mar 17, 2015, 23:33 John

That's pretty cool! I have a 3D printer and it's really slow but I can print significantly larger objects with it. I know that resin isn't cheap either compared to ABS filament.

I'm excited to see new 3D printing technologies though.. There are many cool things in the works now.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 10, 2015, 08:14 John

DangerDog wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 03:58:
Doesn't the apple iwatch have a fast discharge of like five hours and you need to charge it up again?
According to Apple it gets about 18 hours so it would need to be charged every night. We'll have to wait and see what the reviews say about battery life after it is released.

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 9, 2015, 19:10 John

nin wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 18:42:
Line up for that $17,000 watch!

Ok, that's just crazy.. Is it solid gold or just plated?

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Mar 9, 2015, 08:16 John

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 06:50:
Hrm, this sounds like a vastly (graphically) superior version of Interstate '76...

If so, that would be pretty cool!

News Comments > Steam Top 10 [Updated]
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 8, 2015, 12:59 John

Good to see HWR at the top again! I'm still enjoying the first one.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
24. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 8, 2015, 00:55 John

I thought you all were just being extra critical about the graphics because it appeared to be played on a console, but then I watched it and it does look worse than other gameplay videos I have seen.. Particularly the character models.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams
3. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams Mar 6, 2015, 08:09 John

Xero wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 08:01:
Never even played the first but I heard good things about it. A lot people even claimed it as their game of the year. I would definitely like a run thru that one before seeing what this sequel is all about.
It's actually a prequel so maybe you should play Old Blood first!

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 5, 2015, 08:56 John

descender wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 08:38:
Why is there even going to be a market for "mobile VR"?

Why are people seemingly convinced they will be able to see the difference between 1080p and 4K on a 2 inch screen?
I don't know about mobile VR but Microsoft's Hololens would have mobile applications.

And I don't know if anyone can tell a difference in that resolution but it is more noticeable when it's a couple inches from your eyes.

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 5, 2015, 08:36 John

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 02:06:
And btw, I also think the only way with VR is going to be with custom controllers. Even ignoring the BASIC problem (VR not knowing where your hands are) you need to have a controller that is connected and linked to movements within the game...

This looks promising as a VR controller.. among other things: https://www.thalmic.com/en/myo/

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2015, 08:30 John

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 12:51:
John wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 08:42:
If they didn't do anything right then it wouldn't be the #1 seller and so highly rated on Metacritic.
Well, DayZ was the number 1 seller for months, and it was and is an unfinished buggy mess. Just sayin'
Bah, zombie games don't count.. There is a large group of people who will buy anything zombie-related.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
2. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 10:17 John

Hope so! They should use the new Unreal Engine.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2015, 08:42 John

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 17:33:
I'm embarrassed to say I preordered HWRC, something I haven't done in literally ten years. Embarassed

But I'm loving it, so money well-spent!
I don't know how long it's been but I haven't preordered anything in years either until HWRC. I'm enjoying it too though and am re-learning which ships are best to use against the enemy.

Krovven wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 20:23:
There is a bug preventing you from zooming in closer to ships...which means for units like Collectors you cant see how many RU's they are holding.
I haven't noticed this.. All you have to do is 'Focus' on one ship then it lets you zoom in very close.

Wraith wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 01:12:
It crashes randomly all over the fucking place. They didn't do anything right - Gearbox is still fucking Gearbox.
It must be your rig because I haven't had it crash at all and I've gotten a good 8 hours or so into it already too. If they didn't do anything right then it wouldn't be the #1 seller and so highly rated on Metacritic.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming
13. Re: Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming Feb 27, 2015, 22:44 John

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 21:59:
Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 19:23:
So are the visual improvements white and gold or black and blue?

Depends on your skill level. Good players get white and gold. Bad players get black and blue. Punch
No, no.. It's the other way around!

2979 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo