Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1480 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Avatar: The Game
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Avatar: The Game Dec 1, 2009, 22:32 Shataan

Too bad this is an asscam game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA 2 Interview
6. Re: ARMA 2 Interview Nov 30, 2009, 23:05 Shataan

Ya know, I love what ARMA 2 offers. But I as well love a good sp campaign experience. This game doesn`t have 1. And I don`t make maps/missions etc, not interested. I gotta say I am a fan of regular patch updates. Not seeing any regular patch updates either.

Had ARMA 2 had a decent sp campaign, I`d still be playing it, much like I did with Flashpoint 1. So lack of a decent campaign, lack of reg. patch updates, lack of enough performance polish to keep all my friends with the lowball system specs interested.... these all contributed to all my buds jumping ship.

I kept playing holding out for the 5th patch. It STILL isn`t released. So.... deleted.

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Trailer
2. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Nov 27, 2009, 18:07 Shataan

I`ve seen enough already to know it = Rebellions AVP 3 kicks Monoliths AVP 2 in the nads.... alot. lol Rebellion knows what the AVP fans want, and they will deliver the goods.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Confirmed
31. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 25, 2009, 08:55 Shataan

"I don't think leaning means anything... a lot of PC shooters never had lean, and it really is a silly feature, no offense to those who like it."

Ya know, it is funny how every time a dev feels that a certain movement is unimportant, MANY of us naturally use those movements ingame. So when ya go to crouch, walk, sprint, run, etc etc etc, and for some odd reason unknown only it seems to the dev team..... something just is missing movementwise, it feels very unnatural.

I remember Men Of Valor. They made it so you can`t move when you are shooting. Anyone remember that 1? Now THAT was fuxoring moronic. And they tried like hell to convince PC gamers that their console aiming method was the 2nd Coming of Heyzues. lol

Long story short,Hello Dev Teams???? Please don`t fox with our immersion by dicking around with natural movement ability.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Confirmed
12. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 25, 2009, 00:07 Shataan

Wel;l, I liked Farcry, hated FC2. If FC3 follows FC2, it`s a no sale for me.  

News Comments > 2K Mystery Game = Spec Ops
5. Re: 2K Mystery Game = Spec Ops Nov 21, 2009, 22:37 Shataan

The Original Spec Ops was awesome. All downhill after that.  

News Comments > Gearbox Passed on Blade Runner
28. ya know.... Nov 16, 2009, 17:56 Shataan

I am pretrty dissed at how up till now certain Devs get a hold of an awesome licence, ala BladeRunner for example, and inevitably they always release it as an ASSCAM game. And... it fails miserably.

Stuff like Terminator, or BladeRunner etc etc etc, these would make amazing 1st person games if the right
Dev team got a hold of it. Especially these days with the engines and pc gear we have now.

The best thing a Dev team can ask themselves... "can we do the licence justice?". If not? Stay away from it.... and let someone who CAN do it justice, do it right.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Patched
31. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Patched Nov 14, 2009, 20:29 Shataan

I think I`ll look at Bad Company 2 soon. Demo in December for PC.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow
13. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 14:10 Shataan

demo?  

News Comments > Painkiller: Resurrection Released, New Demo
3. Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Released, New Demo Oct 30, 2009, 09:11 Shataan

I remember trying the 1st PainKiller demo for the Original. It was pretty cool.  

News Comments > AvP and Dedicated Servers
18. Re: AvP and Dedicated Servers Oct 27, 2009, 20:56 Shataan

I wouldn`t mind Steam being used as the Pub match system. But d/l-able Dedicated PC server software is a must. I`d like to run a pw ded. server for myself and a few friends.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 4 at Midnight? (No) [Updated]
1. Re: MechWarrior 4 at Midnight? Oct 27, 2009, 20:31 Shataan

Quakewarrior 4 for free? Naaaaah  

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator to Use DirectX 11
19. Re: Upgrade Time! Oct 22, 2009, 09:17 Shataan

I just can`t see Rebellion dropping the ball on this 1. They KNOW what the fans have been wanting from an AVP game, cause they have been listening ever since in the forums. Time and time again, the AVP games most fondly remembered are the Jaguar and PC AVP 1. And since they made the Originals for the Jaguar/PC, it is a good bet this game will deliver.

Now, all we gotta do is wait for the demo.

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator to Use DirectX 11
3. Re: Aliens vs. Predator to Use DirectX 11 Oct 21, 2009, 20:12 Shataan

So, is there a DX 9/10 version as well? Has to be. DX 11 hardware is not even out yet, is it?  

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed
16. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 17:53 Shataan

Didn`t you guys just get Ghost Recon Dragon Rising????  

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Trailer
20. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Oct 17, 2009, 11:52 Shataan

I liked Rebellions Original Jaguar version of AVP best. Yeah it is obviously wayyyyy outdated now, but it really captured the feel way back then. 2nd place comes Rebellions PC AVP.

I had been secretly hoping Rebellion would get the chance to redo AVP. So far this AVP looks overthetop.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. win 7.... Oct 15, 2009, 16:55 Shataan

I don`t give a rats ass about their power problems. All their dicking around with cores etc, had better not effect my gaming.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patch Plans
9. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patch Plans Oct 14, 2009, 20:13 Shataan

Hey??! Are you dissing the MOST realistic milcombat experience out there?

LOL I totally agree. Codies can make whatever game they want, but it blows how they used the good Flashpoint name to flog this game. If their game is a different game, and say by golly it couldn`t BE any more different from Flashpoint (complete opposite really), then it is only right their game deserves a different name.

Imagine how many peeps sucked in thinking their were getting something like Flashpoint.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC Plans
16. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC Plans Oct 13, 2009, 17:54 Shataan

Don`t really care that much about the game itself. Would like to try the demo tho. Just so I can see 1st hand how the Flashpoint name was brought so low. I really wish if devs are gonna make a different game, that they`d use a different name.

It is as bad as Novalogic calling their games Delta Force. There hasn`t been a real Delta Force game since DF 2.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
37. ahuh.... Oct 6, 2009, 17:57 Shataan

"the lack of a quick save feature of some description is a nightmare for all but the most accomplished of gamers."

rough translation

"the lack of a save feature is a nightmare for all but those who can withstand the mindnumbing experience of replay after replay etc etc etc.

LOL

Btw? The no save thing was horribley missed in FP 1. I well remember trying endlessly to cross a field loaded with A.I. patrols and tank patrols as well.

I remember finally completing that mission, and there was absolutely no joy in doing so. But there was a whole host of expletive deletives I used to describe how insane the mission ended up being.

I definately wanna try THIS Flashpoints demo, if only to make a close comparison to the Original Flashpoint.

1480 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo