Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1480 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Posthumous Penalties
11. Re: Bad Company 2 Posthumous Penalties Mar 22, 2010, 08:34 Shataan

"Goddam exploiters are ruining it for the rest of us."

When are peeps gonna finally realize that it will always be this way? The day a dev team makes a game that can`t be exploited in any way, that will be the day that we see games that are virtually no fun to play, because there will be way too many restrictions.

Blame the players.

What would be cool is if the game itself could know/tell if a peep used an exploit, and could permanently ban that player. Of course this won`t happen. But it`d be cool if it could be done.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer
16. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 20:07 Shataan

I loved ARMA 2s visuals etc etc etc. But gave up on it cause quite frankly, the sp campaign sucked ball. I don`t buy games for the editor either. If they ever actually release something with a decent campaign, I might give it a try.  

News Comments > NVIDIA's 3D Push
22. Re: NVIDIA's 3D Push Mar 15, 2010, 21:31 Shataan

Ya know, when I got my Samsung 2233RZ 120 hz monitor, I tried the nVidia glasses. What a joke. It does do 3D alright, at way too high a cost. That cost being how dark the screen gets when viewing thru the glasses. And the total washout of all those high rez textures we are paying to see.

I did buy the Samsung 120 hz monitor, but nVidia can keep their glasses. LOL

News Comments > Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel
15. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 20:03 Shataan

I hope Rebellion does do the Sequel. AVP screams for a part 2. Can`t wait for the bug fixes, DLC maps, and performance optimizations!!  

News Comments > CoD: Vietnam Confirmation?
11. Re: CoD: Vietnam Confirmation? Feb 19, 2010, 18:06 Shataan

I have played alot of Milcombat games. But only 1 rose above the others for sheer fun, and excitement. And that was Vietcong. There is absolutely nothing like jungle warfare man.

I can`t believe we have had to wait this freaking long for a next gen Nam experience.

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator Website
10. Re: Aliens vs Predator Website Feb 18, 2010, 08:57 Shataan

I love the game. It is everything 1999 was, and way way more. Rebellion did an amazing job of this AVP. But there are still a few bug fixe patches and optimizations to deal with. I hope we get a patch soon.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs Predator, Dedicated Server Plans
24. absolutely love the game.... Feb 17, 2010, 17:59 Shataan

the only critique of mine is.... wtf is the .cfg? Why is the games refresh locked at 60 hz, when we have an ingame option to turn off vsync??????  

News Comments > On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC
19. Re: On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC Feb 9, 2010, 17:29 Shataan

" We actually have a big PC-focused team just working on the PC version of the game."

Is there a sprint/prone/lean/crouch function in the game?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 7, 2010, 17:57 Shataan

AVP is already on the best sellers list?  

News Comments > AvP Demo Patched
7. hmmm.... Feb 5, 2010, 12:35 Shataan

"Pretty much comes down to Vultching, wait for 2 people to go at it and just kill the victor before he's done, thats what everyones doing and yea its lame.."

Funny you say this. Cause basicly DM IS Quaking.... right? In DM that is what peeps do. I doubt in a DM we will ever see anyone just stand back and wait till others are finished their engagements, and then go for the victor.

In DM almost anything is fair game. Accept for glitching etc etc etc. As for waiting for 2 peeps to go at it? Same thing, players are stealthing thru the map and happen upon an engaging pair or group. It happens. Take advantage. *shrugs* Or you can wait like the chivalrous peeps you may be, and some enterprising Pred or Alien player with stealth YOU, and get the win.

Again, that`s DM. DM has always been that way. I have been killed alot in the demo, and not once did it feel lamer. Infact, it felt the complete opposite. It was awesome. Ya don`t hand out lamer comments, ya give a high 5er to the peep who got ya.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2010, 12:36.

News Comments > AvP Demo Released Early
50. well.... Feb 4, 2010, 17:54 Shataan

"Bitching about connection problems on a pre-release demo is a bit pointless"

I disagree, cause if ya can`t connect, ya can`t try the demo.... right? Anyways, I myself have gotten to play just once so far since d/ling last night. Played as Marine, and I found I really like what I am experiencing with just the 1 play.

Not bad for a pretty well feature barren demo. Can`t wait for the final release.

News Comments > AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer
11. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 24, 2010, 09:45 Shataan

Imo this AVP 3 is gonna crush the original. As for AVP 2? The Original crushed that 1. lol Rebellions deilvering the goods man.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Vietnam in November?
17. Re: Call of Duty: Vietnam in November? Jan 10, 2010, 13:27 Shataan

Finally, a Nam game done right.... hopefully. Way too many ww2 scenarios out there, yet we have to fight for a few well done Nam games. Makes no sense.  

News Comments > Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers
9. Re: Why Shooters need Dedicated Servers Jan 5, 2010, 12:34 Shataan

"Hosting the game on your computer puts you at a very great advantage. You will have the lowest effective ping in the game (approximately ~20ms). It's the host's computer that decides the outcome of every battle, which means that what the host is seeing on his screen is the closest to what the registration algorithm thinks is actually happening."

I disagree. As host you still carry the burden of processing all the other players info as well as the game world itself. This as well means having to process THEIR lag. How is this an advantage?

Now, IF you had a dedicated pc in your home runng the server, and you linked to it, then, maybe then you might have the actual advantage. Cause then you`d be closest to the server, and you wouldn`t be carrying that burden of processing the game world, the other players with their lag, and your own.

The last thing peeps wanna do is host. I`d rather join a server, or host a dedicated server from an exra house PC. If ya feel hosting makes you allpowerful and omnipotent, well.....

News Comments > Metaverse
9. well.... Jan 4, 2010, 12:07 Shataan

"He has no idea the repercussions of his demands. The end result is a tyrannical police state"

we don`t know if Bono actually made that statement. But no matter who did, you are right. Chinas efforts to curb internet access eh? Well if that was adopted over here, we would have a Dictatorship tyrannical police state.

Actually when you add political correctness into the situation we are already heading in that direction.

Would whoever possibly made that statement care? I dought it. Say it was Bono for example. He is a stinking rich poli-musician now. And the rich could care less if the buyer base hands get slapped. Cause they are the creative talent and it is their right blah blah blah blah. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

With the amount of lawyers out there protecting artists these days, I doubt any artist is hurting at the Bank. What they are wanting is every last EXTRA sheckle they can squeeze now. And they wouldn`t blink an over who they gotta walk over, bad peeps and good, to get their desires met.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2010, 12:09.

News Comments > Battlezone 2 Anniversary
2. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 29, 2009, 19:05 Shataan

BZ 2 rocked in its day!!!!!  

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Trailer
15. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 22:27 Shataan

"You need only look at Rebellion's track record to see that they have consistently produced mediocre and bad games for years now."

I don`t care about their track record of other games. All I know is that I (and many) loved AVP Jaguar and PC version. Hardly perfect games, but both had that special something, that Monolith couldn`t reproduce.

I think it is awesome that Rebellions got the chance to do a next gen AVP. And so far by the looks/sounds etc etc etc, they are nailing it. Rebellions AVPs are so fondly remembered by the gaming community, do ya really think they wanna drop the ball with this release?

I suppose anything is possible. But I think it`d be highly unlikely. As always the proof is in the final release play, but diiiiamn, it is looking too sweet so far. My vote is for Rebellion for the win. ;p

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2009, 22:28.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced
10. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 16:57 Shataan

THE slickest thing about FP DR was their dev team marketing vids. Man oh man they had everyone duped by all the "we got this, we got that .... DR is THE most realistic yadda yadda yadda".

Of course, then there are the realities. ;p

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2009, 16:57.

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: Evening Previews Dec 17, 2009, 08:20 Shataan

I`m not worried at all. The only cool games Rebellion made imo were the AVP games.  

News Comments > Avatar Patch
3. Re: Avatar Patch Dec 9, 2009, 18:57 Shataan

did they add the 1st person view?  

1480 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo