Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1480 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer
39. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 28, 2011, 09:24 Shataan

"Once skiing was discovered, Tribes got really fast without any mods. Look up Tribes Legacy on Youtube. All that stuff is vanilla Tribes. I thought the movement in the T:A video was actually a bit slow. Reminded me of T2 more than T1."

I know all about it man. I was there when it was discovered. Well at the time. But, not everyone ie all Classes did not ski equal speedwise. What I am talking about was the 1 particular mod where you could jet pack extremely fast anywhere and not use skiing at all. THAT kinda fast.

Tribes did get faster for certain Classes once the skiing thing was exploited yeah.

As always, everything is good in moderation. For the record, someone below mention how the peeps who enjoyed Tribes back in the day are in their 20s/30s now. hehhhe I am 49 this year. You guys must have been sneaking onto Dads pc to play Tribes back then.

I`ll try to keep an open mind, bu8t if they blow this when they have Tribes 1 as a blueprint on how to do it right, I`d be sadly surprised.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer
17. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 27, 2011, 18:26 Shataan

erm, don`t really wanna see Tribes does Quake fps vids, what I wanna see is peeps setting up defences, the Classes, a few vehicles, fewer the better. That kinda thing. I hope it sticks to the Tribes way. Really hope they don`t do to Tribes what adding all the vehicles did to Unreal Tourney.

Btw, the vid is less than convincing, for me anyways. Tribes originally was NOT UBER fast..... gameplaywise. It did get hella faster with a few mods etc. I forget the name of the faster than heck mod, but that was truly a fun diversion away from the actual game.

I will keep my eye on this, to see if it even comes close to Tribes 1 feel.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2011, 18:33.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River DLC Tomorrow
1. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River DLC Tomorrow Jun 27, 2011, 18:20 Shataan

waste of code.  

News Comments > More from Jim Redner
7. the sad truth is..... Jun 23, 2011, 09:13 Shataan

Companies and the masses in general WANT to be bullshitted to. Peeps with real integrity do NOT rise in the ranks. The B/S Artists do tho. Once they scroow up, it is off to a new job where they can start the whole B/S process all over again.

So Redner won`t be out of work for long. B/S is like job camo for these types. And because the World thrives on as much B/S as the ears can handle, it is spin doctor heaven.....

There is the way that we want the world to be... and then there is the way the world REALLY is.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2011, 09:19.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Duke Nukem Forever and Jim Rednerís Balls of Squeal. Jun 22, 2011, 11:04 Shataan

"and if youíre going to turn on the waterworks when your game is trashed, you should not be in an industry"

or better yet, just make a good game. I am really starting to feel that the devs these days are so high on themselves they can do no wrong in their own eyes. And invariably we seem to more often than not be getting what they feel is enough to give, and what they feel is a great game.

But imo they are a tad out of touch with the gamer/buyer base of today. We are a Far Cry from the old days where there was healthy competition, and the games were not made by rock star attitudes. And the dev teams had ideas..... fresh ideas.

Unlike today where we gotta see FEAR after FEAR etc, or COD 4,5,6, etc. We seem to be in the " Hey lets just keep doing sequels" era. As for DUKE, well we all know it was rockstar Ego that spelled DKFs 10+ year demise. You definately do not get accolades for such a monumental screwup.

But I am sure that today in the Boardroom somewhere, there is no lack of back patting, and ass kissing, more than enough to make em all feel like the game was a success.

News Comments > PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend
19. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 22, 2011, 00:03 Shataan

Tribes 1 will never be equaled imo. Oh you can easilly copy the look, but as soon as you scroow with the gameplay as it WAS, you`ll kill what Tribes was all about.

This is where the other supposed sequels failed. Keep the gameplay and balancing intact to the original, and it might have a chance.

News Comments > Betting on Duke Pays Off
24. welll imo..... Jun 19, 2011, 11:11 Shataan

50 bucks 10 years ago, got you a way better game, and way more actual gameplay content. So, does it REALLY pay off to bet on Duke? Highly doubtful. Looks like great propaganda tho. Another opportunity to pat themselves on the back.

The best props would just have been to release an amazing game.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Launch Trailer
1. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Launch Trailer Jun 18, 2011, 10:52 Shataan

When are these devs gonna let go of the dead girl thing? They`d be able to make a more desirable game experience sans the Jap dead chick rip off. Imo.  

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
86. ya know.... Jun 15, 2011, 16:56 Shataan

if the dev and or publishers would just make better games instead of relying on marketing hype for sales.... there would be way better releases qualitywise on all levels.

But I suppose it is alot easier to stroke their own egos, bullshit the buyerbase etc. That is, until the masses are playing their 59 buck boat anchor.

They don`t have to give anyone any 15 hour + gameplay experiences anymore. Ya gotta pay for maps now. And weap upgrades, the list doth go on and on.

Eventually this is all gonna catch up with them. Sooner or later it always does. They are gonna have to do much better soon, cause most gamers are eventually gonna wiseup, and decide finally, they are from Missourri.

Show me 1st. Or STFU.

Game Producers and Marketers are the next polititions. Ya can`t trust em it seems.

If they really cared bout a franchise or licence, you`d see it in the final release. Proof is always in the pudding.... peeps. ;p

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer Jun 8, 2011, 17:45 Shataan

Stunning! I can`t wait to try the beta.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Announced
9. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 19:40 Shataan

if it is like FarCry 1, for sure I`ll buy it. If however it is anything like Farcry 2? No sale.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite Beta This Summer, Launch in November
5. ahuh.... Jun 6, 2011, 17:56 Shataan

" "you still get everything you used to"

for a price. Actually, these days you pay more, and get less.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
59. nope.... Jun 3, 2011, 17:55 Shataan

"Is this another Daikatana?"

but it is prolly a "Duketana".

News Comments > Star Wars Games "Our Priority" - LucasArts
33. Re: Star Wars Games Jun 2, 2011, 19:34 Shataan

It sadly amazes me how the likes of LA and M$, the list goes on and on.... how they blatantly refused to deliver updated next gen versions of their games that totally rocked us way back when. The dough is just sitting here waiting. For like..... fuxoring years!!!!!!

WTF is our Next Gen Mechwarriors, our Heavy Gears, our Tribes, Battlezones , our X Wing/Tie Fighters , Jedi Knights...... etc etc etc?????

Inevitably.... they will ALL come crawling on back saying how they are committed to delivering bladda yadda yadda. Well track record be damned, the proof is always in the pudding. I seriously doubt being away from their core buyer base for so long that they can even deliver anything as cool as those awesome games we loved years ago. Love to see em try tho.

The soul of those cool ass games is not JUST a dev teams/Publishers name or game name on a box. If they can`t be sure to deliver, they might as well not even bother. They`d only deliver something pale incomparison.

Take Novas Delta Force as a great example. After DF 2, they repeated failed to deliver a real DF experience. To this very day.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines in Spring
15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines in Spring Jun 1, 2011, 19:11 Shataan

Pretty stoked about this announcement, but I REALLY hope we do NOT have to handhold or babysit any A.I.. So the A.I. had better be autonomous.  

News Comments > Futuremark Teases Three Games
13. Re: Futuremark Teases Three Games May 28, 2011, 10:03 Shataan

No actual incockpit view. Meh. Guess we are de evolving back to Quake.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Detailed
12. hmmmm May 28, 2011, 09:59 Shataan

Let`s see. We need gimmicks to set our game apart from everyone elses. How bout? Kamikaze Soldiers and Exploding dogs!!!??? Yeah that`s the ticket!!! *yawn*  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Retrospective, Part 2
3. Re: Duke Nukem Retrospective, Part 2 May 18, 2011, 09:20 Shataan

I still think anyone actually involved with this supposed game*cough*cough*, should have a nice cup of STFU till they actually release the supposed game.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd [Updated]
18. Re: Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd [Updated] May 17, 2011, 08:55 Shataan

Sounds like more B/S to me. Peeps who have waited so long for this game, I am not one of them btw, but to not just release a demo? Azzholes.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer
7. hmmmm May 17, 2011, 08:52 Shataan

it`d be nice if devs used marketing for a decent game. Everything I have seen for RR so far blows. Take the above vid. Ya call that a sniper scope? The guy might as well be using iron sights. Sniper scopes allow for a greater image magnification than what is shown in the vid. Ya might as well grab an M16 and get close enough to insert the rounds manually.

The mocap in some areas is nice, but crap in others. Specificly how the A.I. moves when you move forward. Codey needs some good A.I. coders for sure.

I was looking forward to this 1, but my Gods it does look even worse than DR. Now it is a long wait for BF 3.

1480 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo