Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Uther

Real Name Uther   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email uther@rpgplanet.com
ICQ 108666155
Description
Homepage http://rpgplanet.com/ultima9/
Signed On Aug 20, 2001, 16:16
Total Comments 5 (Suspect)
User ID 10729

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > More on the WTC Disaster (Updated)
304. Re: Let's not make this a witch hunt. Sep 11, 2001, 22:33 Uther

For the record, I am a teenager who watches Jackass. I have also read the Crucible, and consider myself to have morals. You can't just denounce a whole generation based on the apathetic, amoral view given in the media.

-Uther

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on the WTC Disaster (Updated)
303. Re: Let's not make this a witch hunt. Sep 11, 2001, 22:30 Uther

Everyone copes with something like this... humor is a common mechanism. Just because someone is joking doesn't mean they're not taking it seriously; you can't criticize someone for taking some time to fully comprehend the magnitude of this disaster. When we feel threatened, many of us compensate with humor; I can't speak for you, but I feel pretty damn threatened.

-Uther

News Comments > Duke Nukem Consoles Take Forever?
3. No subject Aug 29, 2001, 23:29 Uther

Wait a sec... they're delaying Duke Nukem Forever? My whole world is crumbling around me...

-Uther

News Comments > Violence & Kids & Mods
28. No subject Aug 28, 2001, 18:02 Uther

Gamers need to take a more active role politically. Right now, computer games are an incredibly easy target for ambitious politicians. What they need to realize, though, is that gamers are their constituents. I have sent a number of letters to my senator (who just happens to be good ol' Joe Lieberman) on the matter, and I encourage others to do the same thing. If gamers make their presence as healthy, normal individuals known when they're accused, rather than just talking on BB's, maybe games won't be such an easy target.

-Uther

News Comments > Computer Games &... Brain Damage?
7. No subject Aug 20, 2001, 12:23 Uther

"Kawashima's study looked at the brain activity of hundreds of students playing a Nintendo game..."

Hmm... a single, unidentified Nintendo game doesn't stimulate the brain. What game was it? I doubt they'd have the same results if they were using a strategy game, an RPG, or even some interactive fiction (I'm sure Zork stimulates the brain :)).

Bottom line, you need a lot more than they have to declare that games rot your brain. All that is acomplished by stories like this is giving the general public a negative view of what is actually a very intellectually stimulating activity.

-Uther

5 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo