Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dr.Del

Real Name Dr.Del   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dr.Del
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description - Dr.Del
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 20, 2001, 09:14
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 10723

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman 2 & Sikhs Follow-up
96. Re: Blah Nov 14, 2002, 00:17 Dr.Del

Shadow,

no, I just treat others the way they treat me.

People treat me with respect, I treat them with respect.
People treat me rudely, I do the same back.

I think you should re-read your post #95 and realize what a rude individual you are being.

You seem to have some anger issues to resolve.

PS: I have answered your question in #73 numerous, numerous times in this thread and the original thread.

- Dr. Del
http://www.SuperBlog.com
AMD XP 2200+, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, 512 RAM, 19" ViewSonic LCD flat panel, 120 G WD HDD 8meg cache, WinXP Pro SP1

Mothers Are Everything. Jan 1, 1943 - Oct 19, 2002.
This comment was edited on Nov 14, 00:19.

- DrDel
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

93. Re: Blah Nov 13, 2002, 16:42 Dr.Del

/AgentD's Parent Mode On
ignore our child and he will go away.
/AgentD's Parent Mode Off

I probably work more hours than you do and still have time to post at Blue's. I won't be going anywhere in a long time... and I have been here for a while, ever since the www.panix.com days.... just usually posted anonymously over the years until the recent login requirement.

PS:, AgentD:

...too busy copying dictionary quotes and eating paste to get a job.

what is "eating paste"???

- Dr. Del
AMD XP 2200+, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, 512 RAM, 19" ViewSonic LCD flat panel, 120 G WD HDD 8meg cache, WinXP Pro SP1

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 17:11.

- DrDel

92. Re: Blah Nov 13, 2002, 16:36 Dr.Del

...just because a term changes in meaning over time does not make it incorrect.

I agree with that totally, bit I also agree with this:

...just because a term changes in meaning over time does not make it incorrect or correct.

I agree with you too that terms like mongoloid, gay and amateur have been changed over time. But their use also seems to depends on the context, reference and individual one is talking to when using these terms. To avoid confusion I always specify "white caucasian" or I just say "Indian" instead of "brown caucasian". The english language is a complex one and very few will probably ever master it. I don't profess to be one of them! I hope no one else on this forum pretends to be one either! ha!

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Enter the Matrix
6. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2002, 13:28 Dr.Del

seenitall,

I hope not... most movie games suck ass b/c the dev team are trying to churn it out while the movie is still a novelty... mehtinks this game has been under production for a while... so I think there is some potential.

maybe I am just being optimistic...

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

4. Re: DR. DEL Nov 13, 2002, 12:59 Dr.Del

yeah it is a pretty spiffy system indeed!

UT2K3 runs like silk on it... it's great...

cost me a fortune though, you would have a heart attack if you found out, mainly b/c I paid Canadian for it.

do you have the same monitor too? the 19" LCD? The only thing I regret is the monitor... I think I should have gotten a 21" CRT... probably better for the art and stuff that I do on the puter....

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

89. Re: Blah Nov 13, 2002, 12:54 Dr.Del

Nagumo2001,

The terminology caucasian is typically acssociated with the white race, as negroid (or negro) refers to people within the black race, and asian refers to people of asian descent.

please tell me then, where does half of the world's population fit in (ie. Italians, Spanish, Greek, Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Middle Eastern) individuals fit if caucasian refers to only white people?

The sources I have read and enlightened people I speak with seem to state that the above groups also fit under the term caucasian. That is how I have been using this word for years, but correct me if I am wrong. I realize that you have a reference that you have quoted, but is there a possibility that due to the modernization of the term "caucasian" that using it only to refer to white people is incorrect?

If not, then what classification do the above groups fall under of the Big 4 (Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongaloid, Australiopithacoids (sp?))? send me a source too please...

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

88. Re: Blah Nov 13, 2002, 12:46 Dr.Del

markv,

You will realize, if you actually read my posts, that I have seen enough screenshots and press releases and the game itself being played for me to make my judegement about the game. If you would actually read my posts rather than shooting your mouth off you may realize this. Hence, I am NOT making my decisions on third party conjecture but rather from what I have experienced first hand (ie. watching people play the game in front of me with the actual Sikh events unfolding). I have stated this a number of times. Contrary to popular belief, one does not have to play the game to form an opinion, seeing others play the offending segments and looking at screenshots is enough for this situation. So, I have seen the elements in question firsthand. Please do not continue to spread your misinformation among these posts. I would rather you ask me whether I have seen the game firsthand than you assume that I haven't played the game and then incorrectly post it on this thread.

Hence, your quote is entirely incorrect:
Shadow - Dr. Del has never even played this game, so he has nothing to be offended about...

One does not need to play a game in order to be offended by it. Seeing offical screenshots and others playing the game segments in question are enough information for someone to create an opinion. It makes no difference if I am 3 feet from the screen using the keyboard to witness the Sikh desecration or 3 feet from the screen watching someone else using the mouse/keyboard. If there is, please let me know. I am unsure how many times I have to state this, people in this thread just do not seem to understand this.

With regards to your numerous definitions, you can cut and paste all you like and change various portions of your definitions. The bottom line is that we both, I think, seem to agree on similar definitions of the term caucasian -- it is classified primarily on facial bone structure, which is related to other characteristics like skin color, geography and Rh status. Your new term caucasian has been modified by individuals like yourself and it has been adopted into everyday language. I think this modification of the word is where a lot of the ambiguity surrounding this word seems to arise. Also, I hope you understand that just because it is being used in everyday language does not mean it is correct either.

There are a lot of terms in modern English that have been modified from frequent misuse but it does not mean they are correct. Take "amateur" for instance... people use the term "You amateur!" as an insult, when really they are complementing the person since it is derived from the (Greek, I believe) word "love". People are deemed amateurs due to their "love" of the game, not their lack of skill... does that mean using the term "amateur" in a derogatory manner is incorrect? I would say so. Others may not. Who knows. The same goes with the use of the terms caucasoid, negroid, and mongoloid. These terms are contentious and I do not believe there is any truly correct definition based on the modernization these terms have gone through. But one thing is for certain, there are no black caucasians, as you stated previously in your post. Furthermore, the term "white caucasian" is indeed acceptable and is more accurate than just using the term "caucasian", since using the term "caucasian" alone leads one to infer the skin color.

I can give you some examples where the term "white caucasian" still applys in the modern world. An autopsy done on any corpse in the free world, for instance, still gets classified by the old way as you would put it, the way that is no longer in scientific use. I am not sure if every North American institution does this, but the ones I have been affiliated with certainly do. The pathologist would classify the deceased as a white caucasian formally, although, I agree, informally they may just use the less accurate term caucasian. The APBs that I have read when working with the police also seem to state whether the suspect is a white caucasian or some other race. I have seen these on APBs myself -- although I can understand your misrepresentation of the word since the news reporters misconstrue the term and cut it down to "caucasian". Whether the term "caucasian" can be used alone to represent "white people", I do not think anyone is entirely sure.. but I am sure that in modern day practice it does not seem to be an accurate representation since there are two examples cited above that still use the full description "white caucasian". But my original statement is not redundant, "white caucasian" does seem to be totally acceptable in modern day english language and is still used in the scientific world today.

In summary, you and the Peanut Gallery can cut and paste all the definitions you want, claim that you took them from the most prestigious references on the planet, you can change the subject, attempt to insult my intelligence or my family or think you are pasting my home address and email on the internet... but the bottom line is this:

Eidos made a mistake by incorrectly portraying the Sikh community. The Sikh community, unlike a lot of other groups, were wise enough to stand up against it. Within 14 days they received an apology from Eidos. Eidos retracted the media on the site which offended the Sikhs and they are working to remove the Sikh desecration from the game.

Whether Eidos sells more copies for their game Hitman 2 still needs to be seen. But one thing is for certain, as they have stated, Eidos will never repeat this behaviour again.

If this comes down to a win or lose situation, which most things in the busniess world seem to, I think you know who "wins". Subsequently, I think you know who is "right".

Discuss.

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

1. scans, pulease? Nov 13, 2002, 11:33 Dr.Del

post some links to scans?

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

83. Re: Blah Nov 13, 2002, 00:12 Dr.Del

you poor kiddy:

"apology

\A*pol"o*gy\, n.; pl. Apologies. [L. apologia, Gr. ?; ? from + ?: cf. F. apologie. See Apologetic.] 1. Something said or written in defense or justification that is wrong "

Please do not try to obscur something so obvious again. Ok? kthnx.

Secondly, there is no such thing as a black caucasian.

Thirdly, and I quote:

"The general term for that word [caucasian] is in regards to the 'white' races of mankind."

umm... no it isn't. If you knew much about anthropology you would know that the term caucasian has nothing to do with skin color, but rather facial bone structure.

thanks for coming out... don't quit your day job.

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

News Comments > DAoC: Shrouded Isles Gold
1. No subject Nov 12, 2002, 12:42 Dr.Del

anyone test this puppy? is it worth going back to DAoC?

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Vin is my Idol Nov 12, 2002, 11:23 Dr.Del

Go Vinney!

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

77. Flavour Flave says... Nov 12, 2002, 03:25 Dr.Del

... " F I G H T T H E P O W E R "

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

18. Re: Hrm Nov 9, 2002, 14:07 Dr.Del

Wazootyman,

umm.. when someone APOLOGISES it is because they were WRONG.

don't try to obscure something so crystal clear.

kthnxbye, gotta go to work....

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

14. Re: EQUALITY!! Nov 9, 2002, 13:56 Dr.Del

the white people can write a petition, so can the italians for being protrayed as mobsters and so can any other ethnic race...it's America after all, you can petition anything you want... stand up for your race if you think you are being portrayed in a poor light...

..but don't blame the Sikhs for standing up for themselves because of your apathy.

/gloat on
I love the word "apologise", especially when it means I was right all along.
/gloat off

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

5. Re: Blah Nov 9, 2002, 11:06 Dr.Del

are posters 1, 2, 3 and 4 white caucasians out of curiosity?

ps: I love being right.

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Army Game Fallout
189. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2002, 15:34 Dr.Del

well put Sharpei Diem,

couldn't agree more....

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Hitman 2 Backlash
233. Re: A problem in our world today... Nov 6, 2002, 13:44 Dr.Del

Alex Johnson,

Sure there is racism going on in India today but changing the topic has nothing to do with the racism in Hitman 2 directly.

For the record, Indians commit crimes in America just like other Americans. No one is saying Indians are perfect!

But let us not forget the class system in America. If someone doesn't have money they do not receive the same health care as someone who does.

Let us not forget about the racism that goes on in America too, but that is a whole new topic.

People can point a finger at the age old class sytem in India, which is slowly being eroded away, but let us not forget about the class sytem in our own front yard.

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

230. Re: Hitler 2 Nov 6, 2002, 13:07 Dr.Del

And wow, it's pulled for buy.com...that's SO impressive. The sky really IS falling.

I love it... even when

a)the game starts getting pulled
b)a non-Sikh politician starts his letter writing
c)Eidos removes the offensive pictures and story from their website
d)Eidos agrees to remove all Sikh related content in the GC version (basically admitting that they are WRONG)
e) Eidos allegedly apologizes

when it has only been 7 days after the initial petition was released, the Hitler 2 Fanoys *still* don't think it's a big deal.

Let me guess, there are still no Sikh portrayals in the game either, right?

bahaha...

as I say.. I love being right.

- Dr. Del

- DrDel

228. Re: Hitler 2 Nov 6, 2002, 12:44 Dr.Del

Von Helmet,

You're a moron Del.

ah, the intellect of Von Helmet... no arguments from his side so he resorts to name calling. sad. very sad.

keep watching the gaming sites.. a few big announcements about this issue will be made soon enough (assuming they want to post it that is).. better yet just do a google search for "hitman 2 sikh" and you will learn the truth about how the Sikhs are winning...

- Dr. Del

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 12:50.

- DrDel

226. Hitler 2 Nov 6, 2002, 12:06 Dr.Del

if I remember correctly, it was this link where a lot of the Sikh killing information was:

http://www.hitman2.com/content/india.htm

The Hitler 2 team has now PULLED the screenshots and changed the background story of the level.

and get this, as things develop further:

According to the article, Eidos has removed references to the Sikh and the mission from the game's official web site and has apologised for the offending references in the game ...

I love being right.

ps: just for clarification in my previous post for those who can't seem to read english even though it is their native tongue, no the warezed copy was not mine.

- Dr. Del

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 12:10.

- DrDel

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo