Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dr.Del

Real Name Dr.Del   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dr.Del
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description - Dr.Del
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 20, 2001, 09:14
Total Comments 657 (Apprentice)
User ID 10723

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy I: Final Fantasy XI
5. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2003, 11:17 Dr.Del

somebody PLEASE tell me how this game is when you get it... I am very curious after reading about it at www.gamefaqs.com

- Dr.Del

- DrDel
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2003, 13:02 Dr.Del

man, this shit is all over the Toronto newspapers this morning!!! whole editorials all about Sony and their Quebecer video game level!

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > War of the Ring Gold
1. No subject Oct 25, 2003, 01:28 Dr.Del

sweet! cant wait for this one!

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Silent Hill 3 Demo
14. Re: Where is 25MB version? Oct 24, 2003, 15:32 Dr.Del

better yet, Blue, why not have a link to an internal Bluesnews.com screenshot gallery of all the latest games? that would be "too kewl"...

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Silent Hill 3 Demo
13. Re: Where is 25MB version? Oct 24, 2003, 15:22 Dr.Del

hey Blue,

I think I have asked this before but never got an official repsonse from El Presidente himself.

Is there anyway that you can post links to the developer's website when announcing a new demo or game?

For instance do a "A demo for <HTML LINK TO DEV>Silent Hill 3</HTML LINK TO DEV> is now available from ..."

(This is a request from us laaazy phucks (and the 1handed internet surfers like fredster) who are too lazy to do a google search ourselves.)

- Dr.Del
This comment was edited on Oct 24, 15:23.

- DrDel

News Comments > Flagship Studios Announced
4. Re: ken williams Oct 22, 2003, 13:04 Dr.Del

dont think so:

http://www.flagshipstudios.com/bios_kwilliams.htm

what I would like to know is, who be funding this new company... no mention of it on the website...

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Flagship Studios Announced
1. :( Oct 22, 2003, 12:57 Dr.Del

a lot of Hoopla... just announce the damn game and then release it.

edit: here is the website of the company: http://www.flagshipstudios.com

here is the first piece of concept art:
http://www.flagshipstudios.com/concept.htm

based on their first interview, it doesn't sound like this is Diablo 3, or any Diablo "ripoff/genre" style of game...

- Dr.Del
This comment was edited on Oct 22, 12:59.

- DrDel

News Comments > Steam Update
15. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2003, 18:21 Dr.Del

weeds, no one cares about being lied to and commercial fraud? no one but you, fanboi.

look out weeds, Gabe is behind you, time to grab you ankles. *snicker*

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

9. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2003, 18:02 Dr.Del

sc4r4b, you're high. Pass me that pipe.

- Dr.Del
This comment was edited on Oct 21, 18:02.

- DrDel

6. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2003, 17:38 Dr.Del

a Steam update will automatically install Half Life 2 the next time Steam is used thanks the the hacking talents of ANON. You will be able to see Half Life 2 and its astouding AI. Yes, even if you kill that bad buy before he kicks the door open, the door still gets kicked open! The AI reacts just like real humans do! Way to go Gabe! Have another phucking Big Mac.

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 Mod Toolkit Beta
5. Re: No subject Oct 17, 2003, 16:48 Dr.Del

It is interesting that if you create a quality game with good gameplay and don't release proper tools until 2 years later that modders still have the motivation to create great mods. In contrast, if you release a crap game and the mod tools are on the retail CD, modders still are not interested in creating mods.

It is even more interesting that when you pump out a copy-cat game every year, release the mod tools on the retail CD AND hold contests that PAYS modders to create mods, you *still* don't get the quality mods that the few quality games are providing.

The consumers are not stupid. The market is fickle. Yet game developers still release copycat games with poor gameplay.

When will they learn?

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Walking the Dogs Oct 17, 2003, 11:46 Dr.Del

speaking of walking the dogs, ever think that dog poop is biodegradable, but when you wrap it in a plastic bag it isn't?

so what if someone sold biodegradable dog poop bags, that way it is all compost/recyclable?

is this already being done? does anyone know?

damn: a quick google search shows it is being doneup the yingyang..

anyone use these products?

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Halo Demo Tomorrow
25. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2003, 22:33 Dr.Del

I love it when kiddies call me a noobie.

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Halo Demo Tomorrow
12. Re: hmm Oct 16, 2003, 20:30 Dr.Del

Bungie,

3 years a little too late.

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > UT2004 Pricing Plans
5. Re: Double post Oct 16, 2003, 13:20 Dr.Del

"...and an Unreal window sticker"

why do they even include crap like this?? do they really think a sticker would motivate us to buy the box set???

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

News Comments > Max Payne 2 Demo & Tools Plans
24. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2003, 00:51 Dr.Del

AcidDrone,

are you referring to your 5th digit (little finger) and the 4th digit (ring finger) on the dorsal side (the opposite side of your palm, aka the back of your hand)?

If so that is the nerve distribution of the ulnar nerve:

http://www.carpaltunnels.com/ctsimages/dorsalulnar.jpg

and that is likely due to 1) cubital tunnel syndrome (at the elbow (funny bone area) or 2) wrist compression of the ulnar nerve

If it's any consellation, I get that too since I lean my wrist on the ulnar side (the side of my baby finger) when I use the mouse... so I stopped leaning on it..

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

20. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2003, 23:35 Dr.Del

AcidDrone,

if the numbness is in your thumb, index and long fingers (on the palmar side) then that is the region of sensation supplied by the median nerve which passes through a boney tunnel surrounded (mostly) by carpal bones and a ligament. Hence, it is known as carpal tunnel syndrome.

here is a link of the areas of numbness illustrated by the illustrious Dr. Frank Netter:
http://www.idiom.com/~drjohn/ctsensory.gif

Classically, the individual feels numbness, pain, pins and needles during the nighttime in the above mentioned area of distribution. Although you can still have CTS and not be bothered by it at night. These symptoms are due to compression of the median nerve when flexing the wrist chronically. So, there is something you are doing on a regular basis that is putting your hands in this position (typing on a keyboard, maybe)? Assuming you have CTS, whatever it is that is aggravating it, stop doing it.

The second step of treatment is wearing a wrist splint that prevents you from flexing the wrist. Physiotherapists can also work with you, but I only recommend this is the Physio is a hottie.

The third and final stage of treatment is surgery, which is a 3-5 minute simple procedure where the hand surgeon makes a little slit along the palmar side of your wrist and then incises the transverse carpal ligament which relieves the pressure. You wouldn't want to know how much he gets paid for that, either.

If you want a diagnosis, your family doctor can send you for an EMG where electrodes are placed in the muscles supplied by the median nerve. This is the gold standard method of testing for CTS.

As you can tell I am pretty bored.. I have been procrastinating all day when I should be typing up my MBA assignment.. and it is about a video game company in 1994 (Nintendo vs Sega console developer) of all things! You'd think I would enjoy it!!

- Dr.Del
This comment was edited on Oct 15, 23:45.

- DrDel

10. Re: Alot better Oct 15, 2003, 21:32 Dr.Del

got some funny thing wrong with half of left hand

use lubricant. less friction.

my bill will be sent to your mailbox.

- Dr.Del
This comment was edited on Oct 15, 21:32.

- DrDel

8. Re: Alot better Oct 15, 2003, 20:28 Dr.Del

Developers should take note. This is how you make games. No insane hype, just release it when it's done, bug free.

I couldn't agree more.

- Dr.Del
This comment was edited on Oct 15, 20:29.

- DrDel

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Max 2 Oct 15, 2003, 14:30 Dr.Del

Starhawk,

give us some opinions damn it!

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

657 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo