Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17917 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 28, 2014, 07:23 xXBatmanXx

Xbox One price cut expands to Microsoft Store, other retailers.

But not game stop! hahahah They just emailed me and sent me an ad for full price bundles. Morons.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
57. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 27, 2014, 23:33 xXBatmanXx

Acleacius wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 23:15:
In case no one is checking the sales thread, I've got a friend, who is interested at the sale price.

Does buying from GMG prevent from playing on US servers?

Thanks

No. You get the NA version. At least I did....in NA. Not sure if they do region sales, you would have to check with them. Also, I think you can SELECT your region....lemmie check.

/edit: HA! Perfect. I just updated the client, it says on a splash screen during update:
Early Access starts soon, so patch now to get ready! Don't forget to check your launcher settings and ensure you've selected the megaserver where you plan to play (North American or European).

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
11. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 27, 2014, 23:27 xXBatmanXx

whoops...had some times listed from the video and some comments

associated with it - but closed the window. damn. oh well.

Try and summarize:
Cars don't appear to be touching the road in the start of video
Not sure why so much footage shown outside of the city - not much to control out there....and not Chicago
Early trailer video doesn't look anything like later trailer video
Cut scenes look crisp and great, gameplay looks pretty bad (pixelated, not very smooth, etc)
Seems that maybe the delay is the online component that is mentioned at the end?

ugh, wrong use of "Begs the question". Idiots.

Some time ago this turned into a wait and see...that didn't change with this video, it just reinforced it. Some of the video that has been broken down by people with too much time on their hands really changed my mind. They seem to have over promised, got called to the carpet, had to back off, and now I am concerned it is nothing like they said it was going to be and is just a GTA clone.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 22:39 xXBatmanXx

Getting to be a loooong winter here in MN:

Charges: Maplewood dad killed son over cable TV dispute

Batman Origins.....eh, hasn't been on sale at 50% already?

I don't think this one was as good as the previous 2, but the fights were harder....

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
21. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 21:40 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 21:35:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 21:08:
Can't even get into my account....awesome. Must be on it's knees....

All part of the plan, my friend. All part of the plan.

hehehe. No worries, I hadn't logged in for probably 3-4 months. Gave up on BF4 with it's problems. I still think BF3 is more the old BF anyway.

Anywhoo. I played DeadSpace 1 on xbox a long time ago - I just like adding shit to my accounts I will never play.

18. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 21:08 xXBatmanXx

Can't even get into my account....awesome. Must be on it's knees....  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 20:58 xXBatmanXx

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 18:37:
Creston wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 17:31:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 14:27:
Oculus VR "never intended to sell the company".

They cut that quote off too early.

"We never intended to sell the company, but one day Zuck rolls up in his Lambo stretch limo with a dozen totally hot chicks, and the next thing we know we're doing lines of coke off their naked bodies. Zuck says, 'Boys, this can be your life if you sell out to me.' and in three days the deal was done!"

Shit, somebody rolls up in a Lexus with just two totally hot chicks, I'd sell.

It's the new American dream: Come up with a great idea and sell it to some idiot before everyone realizes that there is no way in hell to monetize it. Rinse and repeat until a famous actress is giving you a BJ on the deck of your beach house in Malibu while you waste $300 bottles of Tequila on margaritas.

Nothing new about it - been happening for a loooong time. It is better now, an individuals or group of individuals benefits rather than the large organization that you work for and it was your idea.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2014, 20:56 xXBatmanXx

Your Smartphone Is A Crucial Police Tool, If They Can Crack It.

Didn't read the article, it is click bait I am sure.

High points in reality:
Need a warrant to "search your phone".
Even if you "lock it" we just plug it into a computer and can get everything with simple programs and hardware.
Worst case scenario, it goes to the state level (Bureau of Criminal Apprehension here in MN) and the nerds there do it.

Do I care what is on your phone? 99.9% of the time. No.
If we want something bad enough, a warrant solves all issues.

13. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 20:53 xXBatmanXx

Panickd wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 20:22:
siapnar wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 20:14:
Meh, I have no problem with Origin. It's stable, unobtrusive and works. At least from my experience

Not to mention if you have a problem an actual person will call or e-mail you before hell freezes over. One of the crap things about the whole Valve/Steam "flat management" bullshit.

I hate to say this - but I did get really good help when I contacted them about my BF Veteran number. Had to send some screens over of my cases and keys.... they converted my keys to Origin keys and it popped in there....

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 27, 2014, 16:54 xXBatmanXx

Same with crafted items. So dumb.....  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 16:50 xXBatmanXx

Oculus VR "never intended to sell the company".

pffft. Everyone says that until you throw money at them.

They want to sell the unit for cost? Uh-oh... so what are they going to shove in there to make money for them?
You ever been to facebook? Ads. Duh.

55. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 27, 2014, 09:52 xXBatmanXx

Deepjay wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 06:57:
Most people who are frothing over how good this is, buy ALL new MMO's and usually move on from them several weeks later. This is no difference.

I didn't think the game was terrible, but it certainly wasn't different from at least 5 other titles that have come and gone with similar fanfare.

I don't think anyone here is frothing....I don't buy ANY MMOs, as I don't believe in their pricing structure. The last one I bought was City of Heroes and played for 3 months. Never went back. That being said, I am a fan of the lore of ESO, and therefore bought it. Even if I get bored after 3 months, it is something I will probably come back to down the road.

I did most of the BETA content solo but also played a number of hours with friends. I am the slow kid. I like to immerse myself in the game and world. Playing games for me is entertainment. I am not a hurry level get to the end. I enjoy looking around, talking to all of the NPCs, reading the books, crafting stuff sometimes, doing stuff that puts you in the moment. I STILL haven't finished Skyrim, and have 3 characters. I just get distracted and go off and do side stuff that is interesting to me.

Anyway. Hope some people jump on this. That video was pretty good. As much of a "hay buy this" as it does "hay watch out for this" wait and see approach. Some very good points and things to think about in the video.

54. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 27, 2014, 09:47 xXBatmanXx

wtf_man wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 21:47:
20 Reasons I will play Elder Scrolls Online

I pretty much agree with most of it.

Thanks for posting, finally got a chance to watch it.

News Comments > $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game
18. Re: $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game Mar 27, 2014, 08:12 xXBatmanXx

How about not being dicks and emailing a standard game code?  

19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 14:33 xXBatmanXx

Myself and a few others bought in on it - I will setup a BN group so when and if any of you guys join it will be there. I am with wtf_man on the comments, I echo pretty much the same. It seems like a social Skyrim, for the most part, and that is what I was looking for. I have a core group of friends that will enjoy the game as a group.

Anywhoo. I will post details when I set it up.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2014, 13:16 xXBatmanXx

Report: PS4 to get PS1/2 Backwards Compatibility.

Depends on how that works....can I put my discs in the machine? If not, it isn't a selling point for me. I am not going to rebuy the games on the Sony Network. They over charge for ps1 and ps2 games on the ps3 and handhelds....

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 18:51 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 12:17:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 11:49:
On a continuation of yesterday - one person mentioned headphone setup while significant other was sleeping.

Anyone else use that setup? I would like to watch tv/game while using headphones at night when kid and wife are asleep. Any suggestions for that?

Setup, required hardware, kits, etc... thanks!

(all of my tvs are current LCDs or LEDs with HDMI and all that fun stuff - currently my 2 receivers and sound systems are dead. )

New receiver with headphone out, they are super cheap these days. Failing that hopefully your TV has a few old RCA audio outs and you can hook up to those with an adapter. If you only have a toslink out then you can get a little $20 DAC box and hook up to that. Wireless headphones are largely garbage so I would avoid those.

Dang, I have all the wired solutions, but was hoping for wireless that some here liked and would rave about.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
23. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 16:14 xXBatmanXx

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 15:03:
Ohhhhh Yeaaaaah!

Btw I think someone mentioned there was a Blues Diablo3 group. If an admin sees this might a lowly level 30 newb partake? Cry
ColKlink#1186

Added you, I will help ya out. Krovven runs a group that a lot of us are on.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 11:49 xXBatmanXx

On a continuation of yesterday - one person mentioned headphone setup while significant other was sleeping.

Anyone else use that setup? I would like to watch tv/game while using headphones at night when kid and wife are asleep. Any suggestions for that?

Setup, required hardware, kits, etc... thanks!

(all of my tvs are current LCDs or LEDs with HDMI and all that fun stuff - currently my 2 receivers and sound systems are dead. )

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2014, 11:57.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
15. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 11:40 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 11:35:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 11:34:
How come no one is talking about how flawless this was?

It's the nature of things. When things work right, no one says a word, but the slightest burp and people go batshit.

No sitting in line, no dropped connections, nuttin. Worked perfectly. Direct opposite of what many here assumed.

But it wasn't flawless... It was close, but many were affected by various errors, and today being the official launch day, we'll see how queues are at prime time...

I have many on my friends list, everyone many were on, no one said peep. Small sample, sure, but i also don't reddit, where no one is happy....

17917 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo