Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19448 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
32. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 19:09 Retired

Does this exclude EA games? Cause I requested a refund before and they said no.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
12. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 2, 2015, 11:41 Retired

Best way to combat load times is a private friends or crew or invite only server. Don't have to load everyone else, just your crew.  

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter
10. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Jun 2, 2015, 11:05 Retired

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 09:39:
I'm in for $50 and will adjust from there, based on what I see.

In for the next tier, 55, you get Torment and Wasteland 2 and the game....hell of a deal.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue [Dragnet] Jun 2, 2015, 10:55 Retired

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 09:12:
Bard's Tale went from like 36K to 52K, while I was pledging...

wow...1.2m requested...ballsy!

Did it start today? It is worth it in the first 24 hours just to get Wasteland 2 for free....

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2015, 10:47 Retired

I love it.

/hahah video on the side bar of the jet ski video

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 31, 2015, 20:12 Retired

Techie714 wrote on May 31, 2015, 14:14:

I've done a TON of things to get this fixed & I've noticed on the boards others having the same problems, however everyone seems to have fixed the issue in a different way. also I've reviewed my logs & they are clean. Installed GOG platform downloader, removed it, installed stand alone, renamed files, reviewed reg keys, etc. etc. At first it would work fine on patch 1.02 then when you upgrade beyond that the game would not launch. Then I installed MS Visual C++ 2012 OVER again & it launched & worked....Then 15 minutes later minimized to desktop...Just a long trail of trying a million different things..lol.

But did you install afterburner and down the clock on your GPU? Afterburner is also great, cause you can put the load % in the upper left, and will tell you if your card is going to crash with overload.....

The biggest thing I see in the forums is that people WILL NOT install afterburner.....

Here is my path....

This comment was edited on May 31, 2015, 20:46.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 31, 2015, 14:09 Retired

Techie714 wrote on May 31, 2015, 14:06:
Witcher, game still crashes after 15 minutes of play? It minimizes to the desktop, I can still get sound, etc. but can't bring the game back up....:(
I suspect it might have something to do with the Microsoft C++ Redistributable x64 that I've had to re-install 3 times just to get the game to actually launch for me?

Win 7 x64
970 4GB
12GB RAM
blah, blah ,blah.

So I'm back on the Pillars until this shit gets sorted out. I've also heard a TON of people with similar issues on Win 10 but that's Beta code.

What have you done to try and fix it? A common solution is to downgrade the clock on your card, as the game puts a strain on cards that no other current game does. Check your windows logs and event viewer, that is how I solved mine. The OS believes that the card stopped responding, and cuts video.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2015, 14:07 Retired

Cutter wrote on May 31, 2015, 14:01:
Retired wrote on May 31, 2015, 13:31:
EVOO, salt, pepper, tinfoil is your friend.....only takes a few minutes.

Speaking of tinfoil hats...this gave me a giggle.

I don't think anything that may qualify as living in a state of (near) constant surveillance anything to laugh about - if that's the case here. Goverment intrusion has gone way too far and needs to be very seriously curtailed.

And EVOO on the BBQ? The smoke point is too low for that even for a quick sear or char and a minute or two on each side. Or are you talking about just keeping in the tinfoil pack altogether and forgoing direct grill contact?

And only one thing comes to mind for me when I hear the name Flounder

Fish easily falls through the grill - depending on your setup - since I don't know his, I am suggesting tinfoil to remove the unfortunate situation of losing dinner.

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2015, 13:31 Retired

EVOO, salt, pepper, tinfoil is your friend.....only takes a few minutes.

Speaking of tinfoil hats...this gave me a giggle.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2015, 20:36 Retired

Pigeon wrote on May 30, 2015, 15:16:
Nothing like losing your shit over some turkey sausage. I've had a few frustrating experiences at restaurants but I've never yelled, screamed or even remotely raised my voice at the staff. I know a lot of people will behave like that because they're trying to bully others into getting their way, and/or they feel entitled to treat another person like crap because their order wasn't right. I find if you're understanding in those situations the staff are generally apologetic and will try to rectify the situations so long as you don't have unrealistic expectations.

Sadly, the description of his event is becoming more common than one should have to stomach. At least here in Minnesota, the school systems has implemented IEPs (Individual Education Plans) "Individualized Learning Plans" for those who don't....uh, go along with the program. They use them as a crutch. Then they get out into the real world (the first 5-10 years of this program are here the people are now adults) and there is no special life plan - so they fail miserably.

*slow golf clap for the degenerating school system that spends BILLIONS of dollars and has little to show for it (at least here in Minnesota)

Please understand, I fully support the idea and NEED for this in our schools. The problem lies in the fact that they are giving IEPs to asshole kids, claiming they have a learning disability, when their only disability is the fact that they are an asshole that just wants to disrupt everyone and run a muck, and try at every turn to do anything EXCEPT learn.

Removing the obvious use of the plans, I have dealt with many kids whose sole item on their plan for the week was "make it to half of your classes 3 days this week" in a 5 day school week.....this was a 16 year old in a mainstream high school.....

This comment was edited on May 30, 2015, 20:47.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 29, 2015, 20:49 Retired

Batman Arkham Knight - Game is 40% off with this code:

BATMAN-ARKHAM-SAVE40

At GMG

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Video
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Video May 29, 2015, 20:48 Retired

Game is 40% off with this code:

BATMAN-ARKHAM-SAVE40

At GMG

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2015, 23:19 Retired

Sepharo wrote on May 28, 2015, 22:46:
1badmf wrote on May 28, 2015, 20:56:
ok i'm not understanding what's going on in that picture. his back half is laying down but his front half is standing up?

Poster has never had a male dog.

haahahah

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
13. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 28, 2015, 23:15 Retired

nin wrote on May 28, 2015, 23:11:
KilrathiAce wrote on May 28, 2015, 23:03:
Newbro wrote on May 28, 2015, 21:05:
What's wrong with the gameplay?

button masher combat, no skill required, horrible ai, immersion breaking gameplay issues, movement controls where you not in full control on and on.

You really seem to have quite the hard on. Why not let people enjoy their game?

That and 100% troll attempt. Couldn't be farther from the truth. Enough is enough. Tard list addition.

/he hasn't even played the game - his opinion is based on other people videos....

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
6. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 28, 2015, 21:05 Retired

Icewind wrote on May 28, 2015, 20:33:
This DLC has been on Steam since Monday.

Been available on GOG site since release.....

News Comments > Borderlands Drop Rate Increases
17. Re: Borderlands Drop Rate Increases May 28, 2015, 11:19 Retired

Creston wrote on May 27, 2015, 20:01:
Gadzooks wrote on May 27, 2015, 13:02:
The legendary drop rate change is very needed. In my 700 hours of playing, we have only seen 3 legendaries. Considering there are over 100 unique ones, and countless generic legendaries available, this is just pathetic.

I quickly found a way to alter the drop rate (made by some enterprising modding genius), and played with the drop rate at probably +500% or so. Borderlands is fun when you're finding awesome shit and can quickly kill the enemies.

Link?

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
7. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 11:15 Retired

Having a blast. Took me 7 Hours and 55 Minutes just to go to the 2nd area. Went everywhere, saw everything. Awesome.

for being soooooo way off base with his shitty, ignorant review. >:\

They play for 2 hours and do a review - nothing to see there.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
33. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 15:03 Retired

Really enjoying the side quests as well. There aren't a million of them (looking at you Skyrim) and the ones that are there have content and purpose. Also, the more difficult ? marks on the sides of the map actually offer some challenge and equally valuable loot, makes you feel like you aren't wasting your time.

Not really a spoiler, but if you aren't past the first area, I will secret the text, but one thing I really give a huge thumbs up to them is when you leave the first area...if you loot the rooms, you find excerpts from each of the books that have been translated into English....quality game development in my world.

Loving this game and every little detail.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2015, 15:09.

32. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 14:59 Retired

ForgedReality wrote on May 26, 2015, 14:01:
I don't care what you guys say, I am absolutely loving this game. The interface, gameplay, story, writing, and everything else are miles beyond the previous game, and most other games I've ever played. Sure, it could use some improvements here and there, but given what they've achieved and the grand scope of this game, it is absolutely a masterpiece.

I heartily disagree with most of what Mac says in his Worth A Buy review of the game (with only 10 hours under his belt, by the way), and that's a first for me. I've never before disagreed with him so thoroughly.

+1 Loving every minute.

31. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 14:56 Retired

InBlack wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:43:
There are some problems with item sorting, and actually figuring out which letter is which, which book is which, etc.

I for one have a bug where Im supposed to have a sword oil in my inventory that simply doesnt exist there. (I get tutorial prompts to use it, but can't find it)

Still, a brilliant game. At one point I was kind of wishing you could have more dialogue options but later on when the quest 'trees' open up and I figured out how much dialogue there is per quest, I quickly changed my mind.

Are you sure you "have/had" it? You can get one from the first herbalist, she can craft it for you.

19448 Comments. 973 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo