Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17897 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
56. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:25 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:11:
Creston, I would have retained a civil attorney in that situation (depending how bad the wreck was).

I did. Never came to nothing because the guy was native american, and apparently the only place you can sue a native american is in an indian court, and the odds of winning there are basically exactly zero.

/edit: ugh, we get it Creston, you never do anything wrong and you hate cops and you have been wronged by them. Geez.

Stop building straw men, bats. I've never said that. The entire argument started with me asking what exactly a cop is going to give you a ticket for/arrest you for if you hand him the aforementioned card. The only reason the accident came up is because they're holding "insurance" checks here while at the same time they obviously don't give a flying fuck about whether people drive with or without insurance. (And it's rampant in OK. they estimate 20-25% have no insurance.)

Once again (native american) your rage is centered on the officer and not the real problem. Now we dig into it and things make more sense, but yet you were basing everything on the officer.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:13 xXBatmanXx

North Texas article:

*UPDATE TO THE VIDEO ABOVE** Fort Worth police initially said they could not immediately find any record of their officers being involved in the roadblock, but on Tuesday police spokesman Sgt. Kelly Peel said that the department's Traffic Division coordinated with the NHTSA on the use of off-duty officers after the agency asked for help with the survey.

"We are reviewing the actions of all police personnel involved to ensure that FWPD policies and procedures were followed," he said. "We apologize if any of our drivers and citizens were offended or inconvenienced by the NHTSA National Roadside Survey."

Don't be mad at cops, be mad at the NHTSA.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:11 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:07:
PHJF wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:04:
Ohio used DUI before switching a number of years ago to OVI: Operating a Vehicle while Impaired. OVI is all-inclusive. You can be arrested for OVI'ing on a bicycle. It is also illegal to be in possession of keys to and intoxicated in a parked car while in the driver's seat.

Ah, okay. To be honest, I have no problem with DUI/OVI or whatever stops. Those genuinely have to do with safety, mine included.

It's the other stops that are horseshit. And in the 10 years that I've lived here, I've twice gotten stopped for insurance-checks, once for god knows what reason as they just stopped me, took a look inside, and moved me on (I guess they were hunting someone), and never for a DUI check.

Wow. Checkpoints are illegal in all forms here, unless there is a manhunt. No insurance is actually pretty rampant. It especially sucks in a state like Minnesota which is a "no fault" state. Everyone is required to have insurance.
South Dakota doesn't REQUIRE insurance, but if you get in an accident, and it is your fault, you could lose everything you own. But, if you are a turd and don't have a penny to your name, then who cares right!? Other person gets screwed.

Creston, I would have retained a civil attorney in that situation (depending how bad the wreck was).

/edit: ugh, we get it Creston, you never do anything wrong and you hate cops and you have been wronged by them. Geez.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:06 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:59:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:56:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:54:
Verno wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 15:57:
Know your rights and exercise them but also understand that cops are human beings too. Most interactions I've had with police have been friendly because that's how I act, like they're another person just doing a job instead of some authoritarian figure out to get me.

The sad thing is that more and more they're turning into the latter, rather than the former.

eh, I wholeheartedly disagree. Cops are nicer, more professional, less likely to kick your ass, etc etc etc than ever before. Go talk to an old time copper....

It's not the old-timers that I see on the road here anymore. It's the guys in their 20s who apparently get a hard-on for being a cop. The Sheriff in my county retired last year, and got replaced by one of his newest deputies, and the guy is a total fucking asshole.

Well, if it is like 99% of the departments I am familiar with, the old timers are on break for 8-12 hours a day, will MAYBE take their calls, and are most likely to be found in a parking lot reading a paper or at the office doing nothing.

Out of sight out of mind is probably why you don't see them....

Isn't the Sheriff a position that is an election where you are? Didn't your populace choose him?

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:01 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:58:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:47:
Acting like an adult and being respectful is the best way to get through a traffic stop.

Although it wasn't clear, I was referring to the bullshit that was going on in Texas, not a normal traffic stop, even though those are, quite frankly, horseshit too.

I've gotten stopped twice for a check to see if I was driving with insurance, yet the one time that I got fucking crashed into by a guy who pretended to have insurance, only to later find out it was expired, and I tried to tell the cops about it, they were like "Yeah, that happens." And that was that. You guys aren't going to go give him a ticket for driving without insurance? "no."

Okay then. Please fucking pull me over again because you obviously care so much about people driving without insurance.

Can't speak for other states, but in Minnesota driving without insurance is pretty much the same as a DWI. When people call and tell me that they later found out the other driver doesn't have insurance, I update my report and make sure a copy goes to the city/county attorney for charging. Sorry you had that interaction, but once the incident is over, a cop rarely has anything to do with it. I would notify MY insurance company of the situation, then either retain a civil attorney to go after them, or work with city/county attorney for restitution.
Just throwing your hands up in the air in frustation is no one's fault but your own. Crashes are civil issues, usually not criminal issues.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 16:56 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:54:
Know your rights and exercise them but also understand that cops are human beings too. Most interactions I've had with police have been friendly because that's how I act, like they're another person just doing a job instead of some authoritarian figure out to get me.

The sad thing is that more and more they're turning into the latter, rather than the former.

eh, I wholeheartedly disagree. Cops are nicer, more professional, less likely to kick your ass, etc etc etc than ever before. Go talk to an old time copper....

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 16:47 xXBatmanXx

But if you get pulled over, refuse to talk and are acting like a weirdo with some printoff card from the internet then I wouldn't be surprised if that causes more problems for you than it helps.

*DING

It sets off alarm bells. That is the type of stuff whack-job Sovereign Citizens do. First off, if you handed me that card I would instantly see that it isn't your insurance card and return it. I am not going to stand on the side of a road and read 4 point font while you are inside of a dark car and my attention is off of you. If there was a secondary checkpoint, I would send you to it. Period.

Next, the two morons in the video are looking to cause and create trouble. They are attempting to create a situation and sue the department. They intentionally drove through the same checkpoint 2x in opposite directions. Judging by the comments made by person off camera, they wanted to get a rise out of the officers to see what would happen - and they obviously have contempt for law enforcement.

The first officer was hard to watch. He isn't safe at all, and had the people in the car wanted to kill them, they could have easily. His eyes are off the car and occupants several times and for extended periods of time. I am more concerned for his safety than I am what is going on with the stupid card.

Next, I don't know what the laws are in the state they are in. But windows have been busted when officers ask to roll down the window and they don't comply (at similar checkpoints). I always request that the window be rolled down further, as it is hard to hear with traffic, etc. It is quiet in the vehicle, so it is easy for passengers to hear, but there is a lot of noise on the outside of a vehicle, and we can't hear you when you do dumb shit like that. If the window "doesn't work" I ask them to open the door so we can chat.

I don't know what an OVI checkpoint is, but if they were looking for drunk drivers, and those checkpoints are legal, then both officers got what they wanted. You can see both of them get close enough to smell the contents of the vehicle. Had anyone in the vehicle been drinking, they would have smelled it and moved them to a secondary checkpoint.

They are doing nothing other than hampering the job the officers are doing. In most checkpoint type situations, if the person in the car doesn't do exactly what was requested, then they get passed to next checkpoint where they can take more time to deal with twats like this - which I am surprised didn't happen here.

The officers in the video are doing what is penned by their local/state laws. If you live in that state and don't like it, move to another state, or try and effect change. Minnesota doesn't allow checkpoints.

Acting like an adult and being respectful is the best way to get through a traffic stop. You act like an ass, you probably get a ticket. I never understood why anyone is anything other than nice. These things fall under "what would a normal person do in the same situation" - well, this isn't it.

Did I miss anything?

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 15:51 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 15:38:
Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 14:42:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 11:30:
That Texas story is a serious WTF.

Oh man, get on Youtube and follow that up. In Alabama they had a massive checkpoint stop doing this. It wasn't just a few cops.

How To Flex Your Rights at an OVI Checkpoint

That's pretty awesome. I'm going to make me one of those cards.

Good way to end up in jail for the night, or get mounted with tickets. A lawful stop is a lawful stop. period.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2013, 17:57 xXBatmanXx

Quboid wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 16:15:
LesCaster wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 14:10:
Dagnamit wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 12:38:
Change of subject somewhat, but I can't shake the feeling that these consoles are ridiculously underpowered.

Underutilized, perhaps, but not underpowered, at least not when comparing to last gen. For example, the PS4's GPU is (reportedly) 4.5x more powerful than PS3's and has 5x the previous memory. It's just going to take a while, as usual, before we see game devs starting to take advantage.

If it's 4.5x the power after 8 years, then it is considerably lower power than the PS3 was relative to the hardware of the time. What's the power difference between these?
GeForce GTX 780 versus GeForce 6800 XT

Whenever GPU conversations come up, I always like to reference this nifty chart.

News Comments > Borderlands 2: Ravenous Wattle Gobbler Next Month
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 16:20 xXBatmanXx

Rigs wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 15:47:
Wasn't that D&D-themed RPG-DLC supposed to be the last add-on for Borderlands2?
=-Rigs-=

The DLC packs are done (Season Pass), but they are still making headhunter packs.

GMG has 75% off everything right now - but can also wait for steam sale soon....

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 16:19 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 16:02:
1badmf wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 15:59:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 15:25:
Snagged a beta invite to Elder Scrolls Online Fri-Sun, anyone have any thoughts?

got the same invite. anyone feel free to break nda and let us know if it's worth d/ling!

I keep forgetting to install it...and with the PS4 here now, I doubt that's going to happen this weekend.

I was invited, but download link isn't in my profile.....sent them a ticket.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 10:10 xXBatmanXx

I also ordered all of the figures

The 7 for $84 deal.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2013, 10:05 xXBatmanXx

HAH! CoD Ghosts is already down to 42.00 at GMG. It can't be doing very well at all - we haven't seen any press releases.....  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Nov 20, 2013, 09:57 xXBatmanXx

going to grab it from redbox and check it out.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 23:16 xXBatmanXx

oh, I need a new wireless router. I am not a fan of them, but mine went Tango Uniform this week. It was a solid one, the Gamer Lounge D-Link DGL-4300 that lasted a lot longer than I had expected.

Anyone have a wireless router they really like?

Thanks.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 22:45 xXBatmanXx

woohooo! Shirt came today!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 21:39 xXBatmanXx

Report: PS4 costs $381 to build.

I always find these revelations funny. They don't care about the upfront hardware costs - they get the developers on licensing fees, us on gaming fees/DLC, and monthly service fees.

I know several people that bout 4-8 games on release day! Could have given away the device to those people and still made money.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 19, 2013, 21:31 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 19:17:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 19:11:
50" TV for $229, not too shabby.
covered in Vaseline.

whoa whoa whoa! What is going on in here!?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 16:58 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 01:51:
I would care Batz, but sadly I wasn't invited to dinner, and Fed-Ex hasn't shown up with said soup either....

Said it before, will say it again, open door for MOST BN-sers if in the Minneapolis area or visiting. I am always up for a beer or beverage.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement
20. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement Nov 19, 2013, 16:54 xXBatmanXx

Necrophob wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 15:05:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 12:25:
Confused why a modern game even needs RAM? Everything should be done on the GPU.

You're saying a computer doesn't need RAM? Maybe if register memory wasn't so expensive.

Reading skills -1

modern game

17897 Comments. 895 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo