Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17895 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief at 15
22. Re: Thief at 15 Dec 2, 2013, 08:54 xXBatmanXx

gray wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 08:06:
InBlack wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 07:13:
Creston wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 01:51:
10 years since X2: The Threat. And 10 years of regression for X-Rebirth. The game is dumber than the original X, apart from pretty graphics (with shitty performance.)

Oh Jesus, I know I must sound boring as hell because Ive been trumpeting on about this game in almost every single thread since I got it off GOG a few days ago. Ever since installing it, my jaw has been stuck to the floor by how damn awesome and brilliant the game is. If you love space sims and havent played it, you are doing yourself a huge disservice:

http://www.gog.com/game/independence_war_2

Seconded, it was amazing.

Wow....completely forgot about that game! ha! Probably have on a copied disc somewhere....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 23:38 xXBatmanXx

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 18:37:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:24:
I don't know if Bethesda is capable of making good UI, PC or otherwise. Their only interest is making UI that looks cool, with little to no regard for speed or efficiency.

Yeah that is really its flaw atm. A nice power bar would be appreciated so I can use more skills, especially magic skills at once. I have all these skills but it is so laborious to get to them to use.

I believe you can add hotkeys to swap weapons, use spells, etc, so you don't need to use the UI. Just look around, I probably even have it in the link to the forums talking about all of the tweaks, etc.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week
18. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 18:27 xXBatmanXx

I will post it again since only 1 person responded - is it just me, or are the depth of textures not as good in BF4?

Maybe I am crazy.....

The map also loads levels of textures - I usually start a map with a floating gun - maybe I have some driver or gfx issues. Should be maxed with my 660 Ti OC.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 18:26 xXBatmanXx

Wetworks wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 18:23:
The fact that Bethesda even allows mods for their games speaks to their love of the PC community. Steam workshop and skyrim nexus are major bonuses for the PC version. In the days of microtransactions and dlc in every game we got a game that was good for hundreds of hours of gameplay with no extra purchase required.

They understand that MODS increase sales. duh. DLC kills sales and fragments communities. DLC is rarely > MODS.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2013, 17:53 xXBatmanXx

JeffD wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:22:
Rocktar already unveiled the PAID source of the image, the models name is Shelby Welinder.

You get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good day sir!

hahahah The girl doesn't look 45 on the cover - Lohan is a fuggin mess at what? 30? ish.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 17:52 xXBatmanXx

Dirwulf wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 15:44:
I wonder how many people actually finished the main story in Skyrim. I have 71 hours invested in that game, and I didn't even get close. Maybe 71 hours isn't that much. I just got bored with the game. It's the same shit over and over and over and over and over...

I have 20 hours in PC version, not even close to working on the main story arch, having too much fun playing the game.

My xbox time is about 60 hours, and loking at the quest list, I am not even half way through the main arc.

15. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 17:50 xXBatmanXx

Flak wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:18:
Fantaz wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:12:
I bought BF4 from Amazon for $24.99 from the BF sale, still haven't tried it yet... also waiting for a deal on Premium, but should be same or cheaper than I paid for the game.

Without angering the EA overlords, a search engine query for 'battlefield 4 mexico' will yield profitable results. You didn't hear it from me Alien Eres bienvenido

There is now word that doing so will invalidate your account from future Origin purchases.....you can add keys to your Origin account, but you will no longer be able to buy directly from Origin.

10. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 16:19 xXBatmanXx

huh? One hit? That sounds right - of course I play HC only.

Anyone think the details and textures are lower in this than BF3?

News Comments > Open-World Star Wars Game Clues
21. Re: Open-World Star Wars Game Clues Dec 1, 2013, 08:46 xXBatmanXx

InBlack wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 08:25:
Can anyone recommend some good mods for Skyrim?

Ok the HD texture pack mod goes without saying, something for the horrible UI, good weapon pack mods and maybe some good quest mods too?

I created THIS a while ago for this very occasion.....

Most seem to like changes to carry weight +/-, environment (lush villages), lighting, and water.

News Comments > Black Friday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Black Friday Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2013, 04:50 xXBatmanXx

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:45:
Do as we say, not as we do.

Ah yes, the Supervisor's Mantra!

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
55. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Dec 1, 2013, 04:46 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 02:32:
entr0py wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 00:50:
Yeah, a high end gaming PC should be better when you're paying 4x as much. The advantages of consoles are a far lower price, resealable, shareable and rentable games, and certain exclusives. But I don't think anyone claims the newer consoles have superior processing power.

My PC Parts were about $1200 (core i5, GTX 670). I pay about $10 per game, as I usually don't always buy games at launch and mostly buy on sale. Total cost for system + 100 games: $2200.

Let's assume I get a PS4 for $400, then I wait and buy my games when the price has fallen a bit. Those games still go for $20-30 each. There's no such thing as a Steam sale for Xbox or PS. Let's assume $20. System + 100 games: $2400.

*DING

The only thing that would even remotely save you, is the PSN+ and all of those games - but I doubt anyone is buying a ps3 or ps4 and ONLY playing those games. Just doesn't happen.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2013, 04:31 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 03:52:
El Pit wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 03:47:
Paul Walker (Fast & The Furious) died in a car crash today (not during filming the latest F&F7 movie). RIP.

Saw that earlier. Pretty fucked up.

Living just a little too.....Fast.....and....Furious?

Too soon?

/not a fan of the movies.....but looking at the pictures of the crash, and the comments from those that were there - stupidity and darwin were the cause....sad.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2013, 05:01.

News Comments > Open-World Star Wars Game Clues
17. Re: Open-World Star Wars Game Clues Dec 1, 2013, 04:29 xXBatmanXx

Echoing comments made by others, this probably isn't a good thing. DLC nickel and dime to death.

/start rambling
Star Wars Battlefront was actually good (the BF game that was Star Wars - is that the right one?) I had a blast with friends doing co-op against enemy AI.

But the landscape has changed, and this isn't a studio known for giving consumers what they want nor being consumer friendly. Bummer.

The only way this would truly work is if it was "Battlefield 3.StarWars" But even then I don't see how this is going to be a "open world" game, unless GTA style....which I don't think EA has done open world other than NFS games? I am probably wrong.
/ramble over.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2013, 02:02 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 00:42:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 23:58:

/Missing BFBC2 more and more everyday....

Missing BF2 even more... *sigh*

Computer

Yea me 2. I have it installed......almost clicked it today.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2013, 23:58 xXBatmanXx

Anyone recently install BF4 cause of the sale, or anyone playing it on a regular basis?

I installed it this week from the sale, and it seems like textures aren't as rich or detailed as BF3? Is it a setting? I have everything set to HIGH, but it just seems like floors, walls, the ground, etc just aren't as detailed or have the correct "feel" to them that BF3 did. Anyone? Bueller?

/Missing BFBC2 more and more everyday....

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 30, 2013, 23:46 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 12:20:
Nice December update for Plus!

Yea, I secured (2) 29.99 PSN annual membership cards and I just re-upped last month. So now I have 3 years of ridiculous amounts of free games - and now throw a Vita in the mix.....woohoooo!!!! Good bye xbox.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2013, 23:31 xXBatmanXx

Pretty slow lately at work....thinking about bringing my Skyrim Legendary Bible to work and cracking the seal.....  

News Comments > GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers
17. Re: GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers Nov 29, 2013, 20:34 xXBatmanXx

I never use the new ones.
I just upgraded today: 326.80 to 331.82

News Comments > Black Friday Metaverse
9. Re: Black Friday Metaverse Nov 29, 2013, 15:19 xXBatmanXx

I looked into it a few months back - but the cost vs return wasn't very good. On top of that, they are so far behind in releasing hardware that you PREPAY for, that by the time you get it, the return on investment is breakeven after 6-12 months.

This may change that, but it is still months out before you would get any hardware to mine.

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 15:15 xXBatmanXx

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 15:09:
Is Skyrim a good game? I've never heard of it before
Oh and I am one of the 2 guys on this Earth who do not own a copy yet, maybe that is why Steam keeps on putting it on sale.

HEATHEN! I CAST THE DEVIL OUT OF YOU! SATAN BE GONE!!

17895 Comments. 895 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo