Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 18372 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
43. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 22:42 xXBatmanXx

Redmask wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 18:54:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 11:48:
Yet it works EXACTLY HOW THEY SAID IT WOULD FROM THE BEGINNING!

That's what people have a problem with and you clearly admitted to not using the program as its intended as well so I don't see why you have a problem with other people seeking some accessibility changes.

I actually do use it for family, but we aren't in the same house. Family Share.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 15:25 xXBatmanXx

Now I'll be moving onto Metro Last Light.

Have you tweaked it yet? Looks like crap on my rig - and it shouldn't. FOV is terrible and maybe its the refresh rate that is messed up. Was going to mess with it a bit and try again....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

39. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 13:09 xXBatmanXx

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 22:49:
This is the biggest non-family non-sharing POS that anyone has ever come out with. LOL.

You see the problem is you are to stupid to figure out what it actually means, and it actually works great. Again, exactly like they said. Multiple accounts, one house, one machine. duh. Family share.

You make it so easy to add you to the filter.

37. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 11:48 xXBatmanXx

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 11:33:
About being whiny or not...

I think people wanted it to be:

"I can share my game library, they can then play a game from my llibrary that I am not playing". (Cool!)

That is it.

Not "They can't play any game from my library when I am playing anything at all.". (Limiting.)

So it works in the world of "I can play something from yours when you are off doing something else in life". (Again Limiting)

Yet it works EXACTLY HOW THEY SAID IT WOULD FROM THE BEGINNING!

35. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 11:05 xXBatmanXx

dj LiTh wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 10:38:
Or you know, just install a game for someone else using your steam credentials and have them play it in offline mode while you play it online...

I think they disabled your shared list if you go to "offline mode" now - cause we were doing that with Starbound.....then I said F it and bought it.

31. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 08:37 xXBatmanXx

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 04:55:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 18:33:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 17:59:
You don't have to give little Johnny unfettered access to your account to let him play a few games you have that would be appropriate for him. I hope you don't have credit card info saved on your wife's account...

I imagine these conversations:

Dad: "Johnny why are you so upset??!"
Johnny: "I clicked on this game called Mortal Kombat, and it loaded and I won my fight, and the game told me to finish him, so I did, and my... my character... BWAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Wife: "Honey, what is this charge to Valve, LLC for $3,530.43? Did someone hack our account?"
Husband, horrified, logs into Steam and sees that Train Simulator and all DLC have been purchased and added to account.

Well to be fair, if you were smart you would not link a credit card to steam... if you link paypal on check-out you still have to enter your paypal password. Which your children or family should definitely NOT know ;p

They also enabled parental controls. If you turn it on, no one can purchase while in that account.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 2, 2014, 08:33 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 15:01:
Yeah, that ruling really pissed me off. Put the fucking phone down and drive.

"Sir, were you using your cell phone back there?"

"No, officer, I was checking the map..."

That is why I am glad in Minnesota we have a "distracted driving" law. I don't care what you were looking at on your phone. You were distracted.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2014, 21:42 xXBatmanXx

So awesome.

http://videosift.com/video/Video-Game-Medley-performed-on-bottles

/actually brings a tear to my eye....

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Mar 1, 2014, 19:45 xXBatmanXx

Very impressed with how Starbound is coming along and the communication they use to explain everything. A++  

23. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 19:37 xXBatmanXx

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SHARE WITH - IF THEY USE A CHEAT OR HACK OR GET BANNED YOU ARE ALSO BANNED!  

22. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 19:36 xXBatmanXx

LarryLaffer wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 16:42:
I personally will find this extremely useful. I have four children who all have different games on their four different accounts on our main computer. Now if I feel like it I can play their games, which I couldn't before. How people see this is not being useful is beyond me.

--Laffman

Because they are selfish and want shit for free. You are using it EXACTLY how it is intended.

21. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 19:35 xXBatmanXx

1. It is IDEALLY for the same household with 1 computer - multiple accounts.
2. You are sharing a hardware device/allowing a hardware device
3. Only 1 person can use a shared account at a time, and once the owner wants to play a game, you get a message and will be removed from game in 5 minutes
4. You used to be able to go to offline mode to get around #3
5. You can manipulate the system - family share can be not in the same house, you just have to log into each other's machine, authorize machine, then log out. https://join.me/ works nicely to do this.
6. It is nice, cause those I share with and vice versa - I try not to double up purchases.

Good luck. Been using for a while, and a very large portion of games are shareable.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2014, 10:24 xXBatmanXx

Late night for Blue? Sugar coma? Update? bueller?  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 23:28 xXBatmanXx

ESO key for this weekend - live right now.

9F7CJFGKGAXYNETKPARK

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month
16. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 23:24 xXBatmanXx

YES!

So damn excited for this. Anyone who has played (or is playing) the original should be balls to the walls excited. I love at 145 where you hear the original tire squeak as you wreck and turn into something. I love it. Already in for 2 the week this shit went on KS. So happy. Everything I have seen from them for this project has been spot on.

/edit: plasehavecowspleasehavecowspleasehavecowspleasehavecows

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2014, 17:47 xXBatmanXx

From GMG

The Stick of Truth is almost here! To celebrate, weíre giving you your very own 25% off coupon* which can be used to purchase this insanely hilarious game. With underpants gnomes and hippies to defeat, you can imagine how much fun itíll be!
Y08QLS-4GABBO-Y9CVEN
So itís time to grab your book of fart jokes, remove that profanity filter, and ready yourself to save South Park from the forces of evil.

The GMG Team

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
45. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 17:46 xXBatmanXx

DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:36:
Glykon wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 15:33:
Hmm so you played all, from ARMA , BF, Planetside 2, Warframe, Defiance and all rest and this shit is the only one you like ??

ARMA is a slow paced man simulator void of any decent pvp multiplayer. BF is fun but the never ending beta status has really taken a toll on the number of people left playing. I couldn't get into Planetside 2 just herds of players zerging around the maps capturing bases - which were really poorly designed, something that I've noticed they're trying to address with the latest update. Warframe, 3rd person shooter? - yeah, no thanks.

There's more to like about Titanfall than there is to hate, it's not so fast paced that it's only for people with ADHD yet intense enough that leaves you with that "just one more game" feeling at 1am.

I can see why people would hate on the casual aspect of it, and the randomness of the whole burn card system would drive all the e-sports people to bash their keyboard in. Respawn has a really good release window, nothing much on the horizon either - where the hell is GTA V for the PC???

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:31:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN PREVIOUS THREADS!

If you use a proxy for a game and purchase in Mexico for Origin - you will make your account no longer able to add games. There are a ton of reddit threads about it, and I assume that thread also tells you that. They are cracking down on regions.

I have?

oh well, if I have to create a new origin account ~ whatever.

it's not that far off from what cd keys are going for

http://cdkeyprices.com/product/Titanfall-CD-Key

No, meaning I have posted about using a proxy for Origin before. They are locking it down. So if you buy a game with it, and your account locks, you won't be able to add DLC or any other game to that account. They mark it. Just a warning.

43. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:31 xXBatmanXx

DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 15:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:43:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:24:
It's a fun, casual, fast paced shooter. The call of duty comparisons is only on the surface, customizing your loadout, unlocking stuff. The rest is different enough to stand on its own, no stupid kill streaks, movement is fluid as any unreal tournament and not clunky like CoD. The parkour feels good and isn't so much of a gimmick like it was in "Brink".

It's priced too high but I only paid $40 for it which is more in line what it should be without there being a single player campaign. It's going to be bundled for free with xbox one's starting next month so I suspect EA will go after mass number of units sold and discount it heavily on the PC.

The texture complaints aren't an issue, the damn thing is 48gb install or some such. The option for "insane" textures wasn't enabled in the beta, you'll need 3gb of vram to use it though.

I thought the game would be "Titanfail" while looking at footage and how it looked dated, no destruction etc but after playing the beta it's sort of addicting, something you can get a quick shooter fix from without spending a ton of time trying to find a half way decent game like you do with Battlefield - only to be team switched half way through to the losing side from some autobalance script.

The kill stuff to get to a titan faster mechanic is the very definition of the killstreak mechanic, except there is only 1, and that is your Titan....

Also where hell have you been buying this? Origin asks 60 euros, that's 82$ !

Or put simply, a complete rip-off in best EA manner.

The minions are there to harvest xp and lower your titan respawn timer, not quite the same thing as needing to kill other players and get a special advantage nobody else gets. The burn cards are perhaps the closest to there being a one side player perk but you can use them too and they only last the duration of one life. I see them mostly as a bonus for bad players to get access to stuff that you can unlock through extended play - some have a "boost" to their stats but again that only lasts one life.

Maybe I'll be surprised with what the "story mode" campaign has for content but it seems like a game that you can consume in a couple weeks time and either continue playing it or only go back to it when the urge to kicks in, it's so casual that there's no floundering around trying to remember how to control weapon recoil or anything like that. I sort of like that it puts "fun" first and leaves all that hardcore pseudo realism bullshit aside.

[url=http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1wxbi5/titanfall_is_42_on_origin_mexico/]

or greenmangaming with their ever so often 20% off codes, or other key distro sites if you want to.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN PREVIOUS THREADS!

If you use a proxy for a game and purchase in Mexico for Origin - you will make your account no longer able to add games. There are a ton of reddit threads about it, and I assume that thread also tells you that. They are cracking down on regions.

41. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:28 xXBatmanXx

pass.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 10:33 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 09:08:
Someone get major nelson in here for damage control!

So, without going into details, I found out yesterday I've come into some unexpected money. And for all of 10-15 seconds, I considered buying an xbone (specifically the titanfall bundle).

Then I was like "na, who am I kidding? I'm not rewarding those fucks."

HOOKERS AND BLOW!

18372 Comments. 919 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo