Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19538 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2015, 13:21 Retired

Spintires is 9.99 - anyone recommend? Looks like ablast.....  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2015, 13:20 Retired

Sherlock Blue.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released
14. Re: Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released Jan 14, 2015, 06:48 Retired

Ray Ban wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 03:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 22:29:
Is the game THAT good? A lot of people were poo pooin it....maybe I can throw this in before GTA 5 comes out? I hammered out Mordor in 2 weeks and did 50 hours. How much time this one take up?

I guess you could hurry through in 10-12 hours. I spent 30+ hours exploring the station and getting all the collectibles. The atmosphere is so gorgeous, it would be a shame to not stop and savour the best bits.

Sweet. It will probably be a 30-50 hour game for me then.

Next question. What version should I get?
Vanilla (15.00)
Ripley (20.00)
Nostromo (25.00)

Looks to make most sense to get vanilla, cause the 2 things given in the other versions are available for super cheap, like a couple bucks each. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
76. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 14, 2015, 00:59 Retired

i've never EVER heard of anyone who looooves clothing from the GAP so much, that when they find out the new fall catalogue uses single-stitching on their jeans instead of double-stitching are like: "OMG this is the worst, they hate us! the gap hates us! i hate them! i'm going to steal all of their stuff then set fire to their store, fuck them! right guys?"

Well...if you hung out in clothing circles - that is exactly what you would hear....

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released
9. Re: Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 22:29 Retired

Is the game THAT good? A lot of people were poo pooin it....maybe I can throw this in before GTA 5 comes out? I hammered out Mordor in 2 weeks and did 50 hours. How much time this one take up?  

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
22. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 21:20 Retired

I don't think there is one person that visits here that has bought this game or thinks it will be successful. I can't imagine there is more than 8 hours of gameplay in this game.....what a joke.

Having to rely on pubs to play the game? Tank. On PC? Tank harder. At that price point? You won't even sell enough copies to break even.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
69. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 21:12 Retired

oh well. Was chatting with someone tonight, and mentioned that it isn't that bad. Being a player of the ps3 and 360 versions, we will get access to heists soon and before the PC release. Now I can work out the kinks of heists and be the leader on the PC for the first few to get the hang of it. In my mind, I can continue to grind on the console so I won't have to on the PC. I will keep building money and come in with over 2M dollars on the pc, not a bad start.

Also, I recently started playing some indie games and just finished Mordor. So I have plenty to do, and although I am disappointed, anything they can do to make the PC better, I am fine with. We are all going to buy it. Just relax.

Sucks? yea, but big deal. It isn't a HL3 or that space game.

I like the idea of discounting it though - even down to $49.99, or find a way to discount it for those of us who already purchased it on another system. Not a huge deal, but should be done anyway.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2015, 20:58 Retired

Obama says hacks show need for cybersecurity law.

hahahha Idiot. Make any law you want - you need judges to enforce it.

News Comments > Minecraft Name Changes Next Month
15. Re: Minecraft Name Changes Next Month Jan 13, 2015, 18:41 Retired

I got in super early - so got exactly what I wanted. Actually got home and installed it, added some mods, and was going to check it out. I had shelved the game since it first came out - not really my thing.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 09:35 Retired

Any bets on GTA5 pre orders today? Has to be today - 2 weeks away. Can't wait! I am pretty much done with Mordor, just messing with some of the harder cheevos - so my slate is clean.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
17. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 22:26 Retired

Everyone wants to hate on WarZ aka Infestation Survivor Stories, but it is more complete and runs wayyyyy better than DayZ ever will on that crap engine.  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 07:55 Retired

Blue wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 07:46:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:17:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:12:
Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 18:45:
Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 17:00:
And, Woo Packers!

I was watching it on delay, and trust me when I say I loathe the Cowboys, but that overturn on Dez Bryant's catch was god-awful terrible. What the fuck more does a receiver have to do before he's considered to have "made a football move???" He caught the ball, made two steps with it, goes down and only when it hits the ground does it come lose.

NFL Tard Ref "It was determined that ehhh... I dunno either. Overturned!"

Unbelievable. What a horseshit call.

I guess they were saying he never fully had control of the ball? If so seems a pretty tough call, specially to overturn the call on the field. Still, I guess what the refs giveth the refs can taketh away.

The problem with the rule just showed itself full face in the Den vs Ind game. Punt return, never had control, said he was "down by contact" when getting hit instantly.

F the rule. It is a terrible rule. It was a TD. If the Packers had done the exact same thing - they would have given it to them. The NFL hates teams like the Cowboys, Vikings, and a few others.

It's a receiver specific rule, a punt return is not a pass.

I was wondering about that myself after the Mike Carey came on to share his expertise as a former official in saying that the same rule applied to the punt. Then the call didn't go that way, and there was no follow-up on that at all. Weird.

Watching Mike on TV is painful, he looks like a deer in headlights, and it sounds like this extends to him being too uptight to even remember the rules properly.

A huge problem exists in the NFL with this replay. Saying someone can catch the ball on a punt, get hit BY THEIR OWN PLAYER, and fumble, then say they were down by contact, is a joke. I would think the punt returner ALSO NEEDS TO ESTABLISH CONTROL. That was a live ball. Frustrating. Go back to hard nose football - forward progress stopped.....

All bullshit. It is all fixed. So obvious.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 12, 2015, 01:17 Retired

When I became the best FPS player out of the LAN group, it felt like it killed our group. Not saying that was it, but people didn't want to play FPS much anymore - RTS and other games started taking over.

Some of the best memories I have from our small group that started in about 1994/95 was getting Quake to work stringing null modem cables together, playing Nascar racing with 8 people, and our Doom tournaments.

Even had Bebop from our local BBS come to one of our parties. Great memories and great people......

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 19:17 Retired

Pigeon wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:12:
Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 18:45:
Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 17:00:
And, Woo Packers!

I was watching it on delay, and trust me when I say I loathe the Cowboys, but that overturn on Dez Bryant's catch was god-awful terrible. What the fuck more does a receiver have to do before he's considered to have "made a football move???" He caught the ball, made two steps with it, goes down and only when it hits the ground does it come lose.

NFL Tard Ref "It was determined that ehhh... I dunno either. Overturned!"

Unbelievable. What a horseshit call.

I guess they were saying he never fully had control of the ball? If so seems a pretty tough call, specially to overturn the call on the field. Still, I guess what the refs giveth the refs can taketh away.

The problem with the rule just showed itself full face in the Den vs Ind game. Punt return, never had control, said he was "down by contact" when getting hit instantly.

F the rule. It is a terrible rule. It was a TD. If the Packers had done the exact same thing - they would have given it to them. The NFL hates teams like the Cowboys, Vikings, and a few others.

I am all but done with the NFL and it's "non profit" status. League of thugs. How the hell do you get to come back to the NFL after being shown ON VIDEO, hitting a woman who gets knocked out and drag her out of the elevator. I still hold the opinion that all pro sports for money in the United States need to be part of a pro licensing faction that is outside of each "league". If you violate your license, you no longer get to play for money in the US.

Get the garbage out of these leagues. Tax the shit out of the NFL, they charge so much for their product that a normal person is priced out of the entertainment. Unreal.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 15:53 Retired

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 15:31:
Oh man this is so cool! I reinstalled Skyrim to start another run as I haven't touched the DLC yet, and Steam seems to have made a note the mods I was using and has reinstalled them all! Far out!

Yea cause you now "subscribe" to them. Nice for simplicity, but the best mods are outside of Steam.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 15:08 Retired

Happy B Day ANT! We have indirectly known each other for a loooooong time! AQ2!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2015, 19:21 Retired

Link to our pool?

Maybe this?
http://www.pooltracker.com/w/menu.asp

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2015, 15:48 Retired

Woot. Got my invitation for the Amazon Echo. Won't be for a while, but interested in the audio quality....  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2015, 11:11 Retired

Sepharo wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 23:24:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 23:10:
Thanks for all the input. It is what it is. I recovered about 50% of the data, which is a hell of a lot more than he was expecting. Calling it good after using that program. After a full day of running shit, I am done.

Downloaded all of the tools mentioned - keeping them on a USB.

Nice work.

I haven't had to fix anything for a while, I don't miss it. Brings up bad memories of sitting at a desk in a strange house for hours on end. Printer won't work? Okay lemme see... Welp that was quick, your computer is unusable from malware so I'll just start reformatting now, what's for dinner?

yeaaaaa.......lots of weird/disgusting/odd/crazy memories from those years as well....

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2015, 10:58 Retired

Flashback to 1998. Quake II LAN Party.

We held parties in 1995 and 1996, not sure any of us had cameras.....I'll ask around...

19538 Comments. 977 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo