Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17903 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
30. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 22:08 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 21:50:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 21:39:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/239350/

Spelunky $3.74 - do it, do it now!
Already had it, but OK FINE. I got it for someone else too

Hardly anyone on my friends list has it on wishlist.

Yea it is a MUST HAVE. NES feel good game all the way.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
28. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 21:39 xXBatmanXx

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239350/

Spelunky $3.74 - do it, do it now!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > L4D2 Still Free For Now
3. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 26, 2013, 18:27 xXBatmanXx

Reactor wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 17:49:
Yeah, I missed it as I couldn't connect to the store.

I think a few people here have free copies to give to you if you ask....

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 18:26 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:50:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:47:
I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? (Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach!)

WTF PREZ?!?!?

How can you say no to this?

I actually found the game very distracting - and couldn't finish past the first 30 minutes....I had just finished a very lengthy 100% play through of FC3 though.....

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
18. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 18:47 xXBatmanXx

Why in the world would they do this? Took down the whole damn thing.....morons.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
17. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 18:43 xXBatmanXx

Soooo...they turned off features....voting is off.  

News Comments > On Sale
47. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 23:19 xXBatmanXx

Yea the game is VERY MUCH Terraria, until you jump on that ship. You need to mine coal not just for torches, steel, and other things, but coal is your fuel for your ship. Always keep enough on hand to GET BACK, as not all planets/moons have coal.

MrGrosser and I are pillaging the lands and returning to our HOME planet with goods from across the galaxy.

It is what I have been looking for after Terraria - the next step. With Terraria the only thing you could really do is create a new world with your current character, slaughter and strip the land, then go back to your main world and bring stuff with you. Starbound does that all with the same "game" and then some.

Not all resources are on your home planet (like Terraria), and instead of the demon traps you destroy in Terraria, you go to a different planet to find new ores in different biomes. You can then meld and mold these together to make greater items. But to do so you need to beat bosses to get processors and CPUs to upgrade your abilities.

It is all done very well. In about 15 hours we have destroyed 3 of 4 bosses and traveled to about 10 planets. We have acquired technolog for guns, turrets, andn greater armour. I have been to planets that house humans and robots and taken their technology back to my HOME planet.

If you enjoyed Terraria, you are going to love Starbound. 25 hours in (first reset was after 10 solid hours) so 15 on this new world personally, and MrGrosser has another 10 in it I am sure.

Pictures HERE.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Tech Bits
7. Re: Christmas Eve Tech Bits Dec 24, 2013, 22:27 xXBatmanXx

Even at $7,000, the new Mac Pro is only 8% faster than an iMac

hahaha Watch that stock crumble! Keep buying it up thrifty hipsters!

And in some of the tests it was twice as fast. Computers with Xeons, ECC RAM and AMD FirePros aren't designed for regular home or office use. They're meant for stuff like 3D CAD programs that would make a regular "fast" computer grind to a halt. Its like trying to compare a vette to an 18-wheeler.

But their target market is the retail store for john does - not newspaper and magazine publishers, etc. You think the moron in the store asks "Do you do high end drawings and publishing? No? Well, don't buy this product, lets find you something way cheaper".

I don't think so....

News Comments > DayZ Week One Recap
18. Re: DayZ Week One Recap Dec 24, 2013, 20:50 xXBatmanXx

LittleMe wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 17:00:
Been playing for a couple days(z) now and am enjoying it. It seems that they are taking it seriously and adding significant features to the game, but obviously it's slow-going. I'd be surprised if the game is feature finished by Dec 2014. I'd guess they'll go final by summer/autumn '14 but I expect more to follow after full release. Seems to me they need to hire more developers to quicken the pace and improve the quality. Surely they've recouped their investment already and then some. They stand to make a whole lot of money if they could only deliver faster it seems to me.

They have your money - they are in no rush to hire more help.

News Comments > New Year's Eve with Batman
8. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 18:54 xXBatmanXx

I'll be here....but not on FB.....  

News Comments > On Sale
45. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 18:53 xXBatmanXx

harlock wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 17:22:
Dev wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:37:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 13:36:
Addicted to Starbound - nothing else matters.....
Care to toss out a couple words on how it is and compares to terraria?

way better .. except the combat, terraria has tons more varied weapons so tons more styles of fighting

however starbound is very very early beta, and its missing most of planned features

ive decided to hold off for a few months so i dont get burned out on it before it gets more complete

one thing in particular is the graphics/art quality - its really well done, has the feel of an actual 16bit game from that era except with modern UI and effects.. not sure how they pulled that off but its very nice - unlike terraria which just looks goofy imo

It is what Terraria should have been.

Take Terarria, make it Terraria+, add space ships to travel to more Terrarrias, and multiply that by 1,000.......

Check my screens on Steam.

And it is still in "beta" which I would describe more as Alpha - as there is a TON of content that isn't there that is supposed to be. World wipes and character wipes are common......my heart will be crushed when the next one happens.....

News Comments > On Sale
42. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 13:36 xXBatmanXx

Addicted to Starbound - nothing else matters.....  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2013, 13:35 xXBatmanXx

Be safe everyone. Enjoy - I'll be working.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 19:20 xXBatmanXx

Blasted 10 hours into Starbound with MrGrosser last night/yesterday - only to get an update at 0500 when I was going to bed that wiped our world.....F U!

Turned off auto updates......

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 19:18 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 17:27:
JaguarUSF wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 16:26:
Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 13:34:
Anyone have any thoughts on Reus?

Why yes, yes I do.

Thanks Jag!

Yea, I like it. Fun game, haven't played much, but most def. worth the price of admission....it is a cool twist on Populous/Black and White.....

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 13:37 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 13:34:
Well, 2 bucks for Brutal Legend, I guess a man can take a gamble on that.

Anyone have any thoughts on Reus? It looks pretty intriguing. (ah heck, it's 2.50.)

As for 75% off on complete Wing Commander, dammit... Just bought all of them at full price over the last six months. Grrr. Oh well, I guess GOG can probably use the extra bucks.

BL is pretty bad man......

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 22, 2013, 20:50 xXBatmanXx

12 things that show how small the Mac Pro really is. Thanks Ant.

12 Reasons why I won't click through the article: Slideshow, Slideshow, Slideshow, Slideshow, Slideshow, Slideshow, Slideshow, Slideshow, Slideshow, Slideshow, Slideshow, and Slideshow.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 20:25 xXBatmanXx

Redmask wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 19:36:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 18:52:
The problem with DayZ type games is the non stop player griefing. Just takes everything that is supposed to be fun out of it.

The threat of humans is the whole reason to play, the zombies are trivialized once you adjust. You can't remove that tension from the gameplay, the potential for PvP and cooperation are why people play in the first place instead of just picking up a single player zombie game. Build up a community of people and kill the griefers or just learn the ins and outs so you know how to avoid them.

I quit playing DayZ and WarZ because of the blatant cheating. You would get within 300 yards of someone and be killed without notice.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 18:52 xXBatmanXx

The problem with DayZ type games is the non stop player griefing. Just takes everything that is supposed to be fun out of it.  

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 14:38 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 14:24:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 14:01:
I don't know if they've been releasing updated figures on exact sales, but at least 380k people have bought DayZ so far (that's how many have played it). At $30 a pop, that's approacing $12 million in revenue... I think any other game on Steam would be hard pressed to reach that level, even during the holiday sale. Try to fathom how many copies of CS:GO would have to sell at $3.75 to beat that.

Where do you see they've sold that many copies? All I see are current players in which case they're way down there.

Current Players Peak Today Game

506,467 651,640 Dota 2
59,448 88,315 Team Fortress 2
43,913 76,822 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
33,785 57,249 Sid Meier's Civilization V
30,400 49,415 Football Manager 2014
30,232 48,948 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
23,770 37,640 Counter-Strike
22,628 42,614 DayZ
21,037 36,851 Starbound
18,200 28,736 Counter-Strike: Source

And that doesn't even state if it's the mod or not. But holy shit, that many people are playing DOTA2? Cereal?

It is huge in the Asia/Pacific area isn't it? Cafes and what not I assume?

17903 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo