Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 18567 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 3, 2014, 16:54 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 13:37:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 10:16:
It's possible to beat Dark Souls II in 20 minutes…

I don't consider exploits a legit playthrough.....

Rocketjumps?

RJ isn't an exploit. Using walls and "going under the play surface" that is an exploit.

Hell, I can beat the game in 2 minutes. God mode and level warp. boom! Wow so exciting!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
21. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 16:53 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:52:
Don't be a Cutter, Bats!

heheheh I just call BS when I see it. If they think they did so well, then release the numbers. I am playing it, and enjoying it, I just don't think it is "ROAR BEST SELLING GAME EVAR!!!!!!!!ONEONEONEONE!"

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

19. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 16:50 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:39:
Peak players on Steam is only 25k. Well below SEVERAL games. There is no way this set any records other than their own.

Uh, they're including console sales in with that and you have to remember the game is being sold widely on UPlay in addition to Steam. In fact most places are selling PC codes on Uplay, not Steam.

I have no problem believing they hit those sales figures, there was a lot of pent up demand for the game and its release period is very quiet.

I understand that - but they haven't provided and "sales figures" that you speak of....how come so secretive? Just a sample from Steam would indicate it didn't sell well on Steam.....I understand there is UPlay (where my key resides via GMG), but I just don't see it. Not many people here bought it....I don't know of any friends that bought it (outside of the internet), only 6 of the 300 or so friends in my list bought it.....it just doesn't add up.

1. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 14:34 xXBatmanXx

. They say this is not only a Ubisoft record, but it also makes Watch Dogs the bestselling new IP in history based on NPD and GFK data and internal estimates as of June 3, 2014.

BS

Peak players on Steam is only 25k. Well below SEVERAL games. There is no way this set any records other than their own.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 3, 2014, 10:16 xXBatmanXx

It's possible to beat Dark Souls II in 20 minutes…

I don't consider exploits a legit playthrough.....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 09:05 xXBatmanXx

D-day landings scenes in 1944 and now.

Those are amazing....gives me chills...

News Comments > Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug
10. Re: Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug Jun 3, 2014, 08:56 xXBatmanXx

You just turn off cloud saving? Never had an issue....can always backup your saves....  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MP Saved by Patch
2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MP Saved by Patch Jun 2, 2014, 10:13 xXBatmanXx

Would like to see a new STALKER updated engine, gfx, etc etc etc. On level with Skyrim would be awesome....  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:01 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 16:15:
PHJF wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 11:07:
Fresh basil? Tis the season for bruschetta, after all.

I do grow it but don't use it a ton. Never been a big basil fan. My gotos are rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley and chives. I use rosemary in so many things. And I love making omelets with thyme and chives. Big fan of the omelet. Use a fair amount of spices in stuff too. Want to really up your mashed taters? Add some cumin to them. Good times.

man go get some fresh mozzi and do caprese.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
78. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 07:38 xXBatmanXx

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 23:33:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 19:12:
Never did find out what was going on, but it stopped after a week.
Possible that your non-active pots line was malfunctioning. I've seen that happen up here in Canada, one guy on DSLreports in the canchat forum had 911 being called from his place for nearly 3 months until Bell finally fixed the problem.

Didn't that happen to Blue a number of years ago? I severed my line to the house long ago.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 1, 2014, 18:32 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 10:56:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 09:27:
Fast Facts - first item was "this was originally a driving game" which is what I said it felt like.....heh.

That's what sorta blows my mind. It started off as a Driver game, but yet the vehicle handling (which is pretty decent once ya turn off the accelerations in the settings file) isn't as good as the last Driver game, nor is the city big enough either. I just don't understand why they didn't spend more time getting the 'weight' of the cars nailed down more.
\

Agreed, but I just find a personal win in calling that out not knowing this fast fact. Like I said, it feels like a Driver game with running elements thrown in. But said Driver game is 3-5 years old, this just has "updated" graphics.

69. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 17:46 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 15:28:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 06:12:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 04:52:
If you really were one, you'd be keeping a log, and be able to answer immediately when someone asked you. See how easy that is? And how wrong?

Hah, bad example to pick. If he has records access he can do a pretty simple query to figure that out, and what he did on the calls, and at what times. And if you want to get crazy you could even know how many miles the car he took had on it and the equipment loaded into it. Who dispatched the call, the caller's name and address

The point is she was in an interview and answering off the cuff. If Bats was asked a similar question he wouldn't have time to check the records, he'd just say "thousands" or whatever. It's ridiculous to nitpick semantics like that, and reveals the mind of the nitpicker.

Those questions are e-mailed...not sure you know that....

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
59. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans Jun 1, 2014, 10:56 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 03:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 02:49:
So...this just came to me.....I have done no less than 50 foot chase scenarios with NPCs....and every single time it is in a damn near straight line, doesn't do much but maybe jump over a trash can....maybe look back and shoot at me. Never once have I had to go down stairs, up stairs, climb buildings, etc. And that was all shown in one of those first videos.....wtf happened? Most of this stuff in the video is trivial at best! How do they not have those final touches with all of the delays?

I assume the delays were for all the side crap - that is very poorly exectuted. I went 20 rounds in the VR shooting game, and that was 19 rounds to much. Some dude went 130+ rounds in that! (per scoreboard) It is boring as hell!

Just watched the TotalBiscuit WTF Is video, and he chases a guy over fences and shit...

Yea have done that - but the first video showed parkour chases....i dunno....underwhelmed....

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 1, 2014, 09:27 xXBatmanXx

Fast Facts - first item was "this was originally a driving game" which is what I said it felt like.....heh.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 07:29 xXBatmanXx

Dear Mother Nature -

It is not April anymore, and in fact our May flowers are flooded out....just a heads up, it is now June.

Please stop raining.

k thx bye.

Soggy Mpls. Probably pushing 3-4 inches of rain over night, mostly steady but some down pours....flood warning until 10AM.

45. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 05:36 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 04:52:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 02:21:
Came in here looking for a mention of a wolf or wolves......I am disapoint....

/to soon?
Okay, I admit that made me crack up.

MJ: So how many video games have you played in the name of "research"?

AS: A few hundred so far.

BS! No reason to read any further....if she played a LOT, she would have the exact number as she would be keeping a log and notes on each game, and she would call out certain games as examples. She is full of herself. Being "Only" 30 isn't helping her at all.....almost every game behind her was created before she was born....
Really, Bats? Do you know off the top of your head exactly how many calls your responded to in the last six months? No? Well, then you must not really be a police officer. If you really were one, you'd be keeping a log, and be able to answer immediately when someone asked you. See how easy that is? And how wrong?

Well, 10-30 calls a night depending on the week, 3 on 3 off, so half of those nights in 6 months times 20, a hell of a lot closer than her "hundreds". In fact, we do have a log, and I could tell you EXACTLY if I was in the office. In fact, I could tell you what I did every day of my career if given some time...and in all honesty I could probably speak to everything on the log in a hell of a lot of detail....

I am also not doing a video series on my job and how x,y,z it is and how many calls I went on.....ayone know her Steam profile? I call bs still. Had she said "about 150" that is something I can grasp. She just isn't credible. She is seeking attention and she is getting it. On top of that, she is exploting an idea that she doesn't believe in for financial gain.....complaining about getting threats of physical harm, but making money on a "game" about getting beat up.....ok then.

Anyway,

My mother, however, had been on hundreds of calls and had never known the dispatcher to be wrong so went to the house anyway. The same woman answered and said, "Oh thank God you're here." Turns out she was vaginally bleeding, but would have rather bled out than let the male cop help her. It's a good argument that in public service both genders are essential.

pffft. I have been on THOUSANDS (more than 12,000) of calls and dispatchers are wrong ALL LOT MORE THAN NEVER! I have also been on "bleeds" in the same situation - never been told not to come in. Usually I just lock up for them as they run out to the ambo. And a comment like "don't go in that room" is sometimes said as she is running out the door.....I feel bad for people in those situations - to them it is traumatic, but to police/fire/emt, it is just another day/another call. Isn't personal and I don't judge.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2014, 05:49.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
57. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans Jun 1, 2014, 02:49 xXBatmanXx

So...this just came to me.....I have done no less than 50 foot chase scenarios with NPCs....and every single time it is in a damn near straight line, doesn't do much but maybe jump over a trash can....maybe look back and shoot at me. Never once have I had to go down stairs, up stairs, climb buildings, etc. And that was all shown in one of those first videos.....wtf happened? Most of this stuff in the video is trivial at best! How do they not have those final touches with all of the delays?

I assume the delays were for all the side crap - that is very poorly exectuted. I went 20 rounds in the VR shooting game, and that was 19 rounds to much. Some dude went 130+ rounds in that! (per scoreboard) It is boring as hell!

39. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 02:22 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 00:05:
jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2014, 23:33:
1. Sexism is a huge issue in the world, even in "civilized" and "liberal" countries like the US. Women have fewer opportunities, women make much less money for equivalent positions, misogyny in the workplace, culture, etc. is still pretty rampant.

Clearly you've never worked in Hospitality where it's the exact opposite of that. Tourism, cosmetics, teaching, nursing, accounting, et al. are all female dominated. There are plenty of places where they have more opportunity, make more money, etc. So what was the complaint again exactly? That a woman steel worker wbo physically can't compete with a male should be considered and paid the same? Ummmmmmm no.

That is the EXACT argument they make. Same in law enforcement. I was in a course with a girl who couldn't do a push up.......not sure I need to say much more....

38. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 02:21 xXBatmanXx

Came in here looking for a mention of a wolf or wolves......I am disapoint....

/to soon?

MJ: So how many video games have you played in the name of "research"?

AS: A few hundred so far.

BS! No reason to read any further....if she played a LOT, she would have the exact number as she would be keeping a log and notes on each game, and she would call out certain games as examples. She is full of herself. Being "Only" 30 isn't helping her at all.....almost every game behind her was created before she was born....
she then cited a few indie games that didn't have sexist representations yet neglected to mention the numerous high-profile, mainstream games like Bioshock, Last of Us, Walking Dead, Remember Me, Portal, Tomb Raider, Saints Row, Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Wolf Among Us, Assassin's Creed, The Bureau, XCOM, WH40K: Space Marine, Splinter Cell, etc.
I rest my case.....

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2014, 02:35.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2014, 12:14 xXBatmanXx

We have many calls like that. Also trees hanging in yards, someone cutting their grass, nrighbor cutting their OWN grass, someone cut their tree limbs, someone put snow in my yard, and one of my favorites "mom calling because 3rd grader won't go to school"...... *sigh

We've got a neighbor who's tree is completely leaning against our fence, it's already popped out a board and its pushing the entirety of the fence; they refuse to do anything about it. While it's not come even close to calling the police, I can understand how annoying things can be.

Best to call city inspections. Their financial pressure will be enough for them to fix it.

18567 Comments. 929 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo