Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17904 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jan 5, 2014, 12:38 xXBatmanXx

Amazon Collecting Sales Tax in 3 More States. Thanks HARDOCP.

I thought Amazon was collecting for Minnesota starting last July.....I wonder if they are just ignoring it? I don't know of anyone in Minnesota that is paying any tax from them.....and when it DOES start - I will need to start making a comparison with Walmart and other stores vs Amazon.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Tightened Up
4. Re: Steam Family Sharing Tightened Up Jan 5, 2014, 12:31 xXBatmanXx

It is a pain in the ass if you aren't both sitting at the same machine. I assume they did that on purpose. heeheheh

Lets say....Prez and I want to "Family Share".

Prez would have to be "physically sitting at my computer and login" and then authorize this "device".
I would have to then go "physically sit at his computer and login" and authorize THAT "device".

Then, you would go to settings and set eachother's accounts as acceptable to use eachother's library.

Then both of us would go back to our own machines and re-login.

BOOM.

It is pretty slick and you can get around the "locked" library if you go offline and play a game, then your library is still open for 1 of the 10 people to access it. It is a concurrent license. Only 1 concurrent connection to your library at a time - not all 10.

It is a great thing they are doing for homes with multiple people using multiple computers. There are a few problems with it, but it is pretty amazing.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 5, 2014, 12:23 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 11:48:
I'd be real curious what starbounds numbers are, as it's held in for awhile now. Good for them!

Yea....the new Skyrim leaderboard topper?

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Jan 5, 2014, 01:45 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 01:24:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 15:15:
Games owned: 351
Games not played: 246 (70%)
Hours spent: 1,977.2h
Account worth: $4501.04

That gives me anxiety.

But I am doing a little better than Prez despite barely playing my games (other than CS and Civ5).
Games not played: 834 (75%)

Where are you seeing the "games not played" number?

If you google "what is my steam acconut worth" there are a ton of sites, but the first few I think are the good ones....

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
5. Re: Saturday Interviews Jan 4, 2014, 18:34 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 14:20:
Well that all sounds like a groovy, hippy nirvana, Gabe, but how about getting HL3 made and maybe bringing the Steam client into the 21st century and fixing its myriad problems and shortcomings?

I honestly don't think they have anything even close to resembling HL3. It is so far in the past I don't see them doing anything with it. Why would they even bother. The story kind of went off the rails anyway and I lost interest.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
4. Re: Saturday Interviews Jan 4, 2014, 18:30 xXBatmanXx

Gabe Newell on what makes Valve tick.

Bags and bags of money.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jan 4, 2014, 17:33 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 15:15:
Games owned: 351
Games not played: 246 (70%)
Hours spent: 1,977.2h
Account worth: $4501.04

That gives me anxiety.

But I am doing a little better than Prez despite barely playing my games (other than CS and Civ5).
Games not played: 834 (75%)

heh.
Games owned 455
Games not played 249 (55%)

Not bad. I don't mind. I try and at least install and try each one - I know it doesn't catch all data, and there was a time when that data wasn't captured at all - so I am probably around 75%.

Doesn't bother me. Using Family Share with people and once my son is old enough - they won't go to waste!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2014, 17:20 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 12:44:
BobBob wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 14:05:
Think it's expensive? Not at all. Your habits and lifestyle will completely change from spending too much on TV and video games to going outside to free parks, beaches, forests, and other outdoor locations.

Sure. But that doesn't negate the fact that rent prices are ~ 90% higher in LA than in Tulsa, and that prices to buy are about ~ 230% higher. source

(Though I will admit that I was surprised that other than that, the price difference isn't as much as I thought it would be.)

So I'd rather pay 200K for my mortgage here, and live in a house that would cost me $700+K in LA.

Not only that - but I have all of the free stuff here in MN too! 230K mortgage....not only that, but I live in NE Mpls - the best place to live here. Anything you could ever want is just blocks away.

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
75. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 4, 2014, 12:08 xXBatmanXx

Tired of it. They better fix the Holiday Globe thing....I still have them in my inventory, have taken pictures just in case, and it appears others have them in their inventory, but I can't select theirs or mine to trade....  

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Jan 4, 2014, 12:05 xXBatmanXx

Steam store down AGAIN!

wow....

54. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 4, 2014, 00:12 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 00:09:
I don't think it was a ddos. I think it was everyone frantically trying to buy/sell/craft globes since this time valve said they were going away.

And valve's front end setup couldn't handle it.

nah, if anything it was DDoS and scripts people were using to buy and sell frantically to make money. There are reports of people making thousands in mere minutes.....

51. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 22:37 xXBatmanXx

Well something is F'd. Apparently I am the only one with Globes in my inventory?  

45. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 17:15 xXBatmanXx

Krovven wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 17:06:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 17:04:
Well, I hope they make this right and let me do something with the globes I have....

You still have them? People were saying yesterday that they were going to be removed from inventories.

Yes, I posted that msg last night that Steam is jacked, and I couldn't do anything with them (couldn't access Steam).....so when it came up today - couldn't do anything, they locked em all down. That is a THEM issue, not a ME issue.....

43. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 17:04 xXBatmanXx

Well, I hope they make this right and let me do something with the globes I have....  

36. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 15:17 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 14:59:
Raven wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 14:33:
I listed all my globes on the market last night, but by the time I woke up, they were all back in my inventory... I could list them again, but they would keep dropping off after a minute or so.

What did you list them for? I listed a few for 15 cents (with steams cut 17 cents) and made like a buck, which allowed me to easily buy the ones I didn't have.

But that was a few days ago, as well. Sounds like everyone dumped theirs?

There was 70,000 of each gobe for sale when the server came back up - so Valve is sticking all of those people with those cards. Me included, as I couldn't buy/sell any as I intended to....wtf.

28. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 13:22 xXBatmanXx

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:20:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:17:
So let me get this straight....it is now past 1300, so you can no longer buy or sell the globes - but they were down for how many hours? And now you can't do anything with them, and they are probably going to yank all of them? wow. Classy!
Yeah that does suck.
I was expecting Steam to at least expand the sale a few hours due to the issues they've had.
Instead they just ignored it like it never happened.

And it wasn't just the store front that got hit, look at the stats. 8M users to 4M users.

27. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 13:21 xXBatmanXx

On top of that - I have been able to trade with NO ONE this whole time. Everytime we would try a trade it would get an error....  

25. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 13:17 xXBatmanXx

So let me get this straight....it is now past 1300, so you can no longer buy or sell the globes - but they were down for how many hours? And now you can't do anything with them, and they are probably going to yank all of them? wow. Classy!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2014, 11:21 xXBatmanXx

Doesn't fit me at all, and looking at it......doesn't fit hardly anyone that I know....oh well....  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jan 2, 2014, 11:05 xXBatmanXx

Other than SR and GTA, al of them were EASY to do. Typically an easter egg won't be right in front of you like that......  

17904 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo