Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17915 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Starbound Sells 1M
4. Re: Starbound Sells 1M Jan 7, 2014, 12:31 xXBatmanXx

Game is a blast. Probably will wait now until it is finished. 30 Hours in and have seen a large chunk of what is available.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2014, 12:28 xXBatmanXx

Dear middle aged body that has put up with a ton of abuse over the years. I get it. But enough already with the gout....

k luv u.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2014, 07:17 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 04:46:
Fantaz wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 04:36:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:27:
Even though I don't play the games, I really wish Sony/Microsoft/EA/Activision/Etc would release a solution to allow players to set up their own servers and continue playing. Then again, I'm sure the MP landscape for these games is desolate at best.

this... Resistance 3 is still pretty new, i haven't played it yet and waiting for a deal on it so i can try multiplayer .

You got until the end of March.

Full collection is $31 on amazon...

Is the game MP only? Or is there a SP component that will still work?

News Comments > DayZ Beta No Sooner Than End of 2014
12. Re: DayZ Beta No Sooner Than End of 2014 Jan 6, 2014, 22:49 xXBatmanXx

Krovven wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:18:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 20:34:
hahah they cashed you in on your money and just sitting on it. I love it.

They have raised over 3M dollars - they are not in a hurry to release it....

I'd say it's a hell of a lot more than 3 million. 875,000 sales at $30 minus Valves 30-40%...

With many more sales to come, they better throw more developers at it.

I missed a zero. Sorry.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 6, 2014, 20:44 xXBatmanXx

I think it is hilarious that people so young are "chief editor" and "lead programmer" in their areas. You don't know shit at 20-30.....as you gown down through the list - there isn't really anyone you can respect at the time where they are in their career or what they have done.

They don't even know who Mr. Kotter is or have seen Little House on the Prarie.......just sayin.....

(yes I am bitter that at age 12 I said "how come we always have to play games alone.....how come we all can't play together, I mean....we have the internet and we are all connected anyway....." - and just let it go)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2014, 20:37 xXBatmanXx

Linksys resurrects classic blue router, with open source and $300 price.

You had me until 300.

News Comments > DayZ Beta No Sooner Than End of 2014
3. Re: DayZ Beta No Sooner Than End of 2014 Jan 6, 2014, 20:34 xXBatmanXx

hahah they cashed you in on your money and just sitting on it. I love it.

They have raised over 3M dollars - they are not in a hurry to release it....

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 6, 2014, 20:34 xXBatmanXx

Hammerfight on Steam. Save 50%.

I suggest steering clear of this one. It is all mouse movement click fest. My wrist actually hurt after playing. You whip a ball around your ship to hit other stuff.....it is boring as hell.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2014, 18:50 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 18:10:
Yeah, I was a total wimp and didn't go out today in the sub zero temperatures. However, it will probably still be below zero early tomorrow when I go out to start working on shoveling the driveway. Frankly, I'll not looking forward to it, but hey -- it isn't THAT bad.

I let the pups out after their supper and ran to the garage to make sure Jeep would start. Fired right up and said it was 8 degrees in there.....it is 20+ below right now.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2014, 14:33 xXBatmanXx

MajorD wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:18:
Seeing DayZ hang at number 1, is anyone here playing RUST or 7 Days to Die? They look like DayZ meets MineCraft type games, and look intriguing.

Dabbled in 7 days. It is rough.....need friends along for the ride - no one knows what they are doing.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2014, 14:31 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:29:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:16:
Meanwhile, the forecast for tonight calls for a low of 5F, which I'm going to imagine is going to make for a bit of iciness

Queue Bobbob talking about how he went to the beach in his bikini and took a dip in the Pacific.

Also, good thing you work from home Blue!

Yeah, that got old in a hurry didn't it? Someone quoted him the other day and he said "I" like 9 times in a single paragraph. His "holier than thou" attitude is extremely annoying...

yea...well....I am sitting at home and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I really think that I won't go outside today as I think it would be really could. I might just have a brandy and I hope you will have one too! I hope you have as good of a day as I do!

love bats.

/I just might play some games.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 6, 2014, 14:27 xXBatmanXx

Pigeon wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:33:
If bitcoin can ever stop dropping and regaining half its value in a two month period maybe more business might take the risk.

It is as bad as insider trading.

Everyone knew that announcement would trigger prices - and I am sure people made millions on it over night.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jan 6, 2014, 14:26 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:43:
PropheT wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:39:
osage no onna wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:13:
Does that mean he can't talk to either horde or alliance characters, or that he can talk to both, or how do these pandafolk work?

It means he never left the starting island where he made the character, since you have to choose a faction to leave (I can't remember if that's at level 10 or 20, it's been a while).

So basically, he managed to hit level 80+ without ever leaving the starting zones, which is sort of impressive and insane at the same time.

I've seen people do similar things back when I played. We had a guy in our guild who was leveling solely through herbalism and exploration XP or something like that. Crazy weird stuff. Whatever keeps them happy and not out killing people!

People do that on Guild Wars - there is even a badge for it! Reading about it - it is actualyl pretty damn hard - you have to start missions and never finish.

WoW? eh. Dude needs a life.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2014, 14:23 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:23:
Prez wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:54:
My PC has about a billion awesome games on it!

We don't all have steam accounts like you, Prez.

We all could.

Console price
Controllers price
Membership dues
Full retail game prices
Accessories for console
-------------------------

Add all that up, be a nice chunk of money towards REASONABLY priced games on pc.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2014, 14:22 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:54:
My PC has about a billion awesome games on it!

*DING

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2014, 14:19 xXBatmanXx

-18, feels like -45 here in MN.

I am not leaving the house - and I have to put my socks on the puppies to go outside, otherwise they can't go potty.....

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2014, 12:20 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:46:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:27:
Easy way to stop that from happening ever again. Tell him to go to your nearest auto parts supply store and pick up a spray can, tube, or can of silicon emulsion(it's what the material is, actual name varies by brand). Apply to rubber on doors, and that's that.

Haha yeah, I gave him some suggestions already, unfortunately he's the sort of guy who hires people to install blinds in his house. Great with programming and stuff, not so good with his household and cars

eh, I hired a guy to install my blinds. Of course they were custom made. I do tons of stuff, but certain things I don't touch. But I also know people that hire someone for EVERYTHING.

If I made a ton more money, I probably would as well. Projects are a time/money equation for me. Kind of like steaks. I make em at home, I don't get em when I eat out.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 6, 2014, 11:38 xXBatmanXx

There is nothing more boring than watching someone else play an MMO.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2014, 19:55 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 19:51:
I wasn't impressed with either game today. They were pretty bleh all around. Welp we'll see what next season may bring if we can get a healthy Green Bay - it's absurd how many injuries they take. Anyway, let's see if Denver pulls it out.

EH, they aren't any different than any other team. KC took huge hits.

Pullin for Denver or Seattle.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Tightened Up
16. Re: Steam Family Sharing Tightened Up Jan 5, 2014, 19:14 xXBatmanXx

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 17:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 14:44:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 14:08:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 13:37:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 12:54:
The last time I looked at this it was useless because of the way they have it set up. If I am playing Skyrim from my library and somebody else wants to play XCom from my library, too bad. Until that's possible Family Share is a joke.

Simple solution. Play a single player game in OFFLINE MODE! duh.

It isn't a joke, they are protecting their licenses. I am sure this creates more sales - it is genius.

Yeah, yeah, everybody knows about that work-around. It's a crap work-around.

The point is that "Steam FAMILY sharing" doesn't do anything to help families share. The case can even be made the whole system's just a lame attempt to avoid proposed EU legislation that would force Steam to allow users to resell games as used. That'd at least explain why it's so half-baked.

"There is no pleasing you".

It's true. It's just me. Out of all the beta testers for Steam Sharing, I'm the only one who has noticed this.

Oh wait there is thread after thread dedicated to this issue. Huh. What a surprise. Man, for a second there I thought you were right and I was the only one, but just the tiniest bit of searching discovered otherwise. Boy you almost fooled me into thinking something mediocre was actually grand and that I was being unreasonable for wanting kindergarten levels of sharing for a program that has sharing in the name.

Gosh.

huh. Thats weird. Cause it works EXACTLY HOW THEY SAID IT WOULD.

oh well. The people it upsets are the people that want to abuse it.

17915 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo