Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17906 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 21:56 xXBatmanXx

hahah OMG!

I took a huge header over a fence today and buried myself in the snow.....I am sure it was HILARIOUS for anyone that was watching me....hahahahahahah
(It probably looked like THIS but with 3 feet of snow on either side! hahahahah I suck)

AH! Here we go, but remove the jump and thing he is on.... Outcome was the same....hay, at least I can laugh about it! Flimsy ass fence.

Anyone that doesn't have Hotline Miami - get on it!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219150/

And buy the soundtrack too!!!
http://youtu.be/oKD-MVfC9Ag

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2014, 23:25.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
39. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 19:16 xXBatmanXx

Scheherazade wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:32:
Keep in mind (as some have posted earlier), this happened before the movie started.

Also, note that the shooter was an ex police officer.

The last statistic I read, indicated that the murder rate among police officers is 8x that of the general population. (*Not* work related).
Basically, tread lightly around them, they can go off at any moment.

-scheherazade

*yawn

Quote please thanks.

You probably didn't read it correctly, but that wouldn't surprise me. Actually you are talking about the SUICIDE rate. k thx bye.

We won't even get into the discussion about the very few years most cops have off the job then die of (insert heart/lung/other disease here), it is off the charts compared to anything else. The years and damage we do to our bodies on this job isn't a good thing....tons of science and studies on it. Just buried a guy last week. Made it 5 years after retirement. 30 years of service. 5 years of retirement. It isn't fun when co-workers live in the city you all work in and you have to find em AND bury em.....(died of heart attack btw....we all joke this place killed him - cause humor is all we really have to fall back on)

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2014, 19:22.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > DayZ Sells 1M in One Month
27. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 19:07 xXBatmanXx

"The best part about DayZ's success, for me, is that I can now make all the money, er I mean games I've always wanted and never finish this game either! THANKS FOR THE MONEY BAGS BITCHES!"

ftfy

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 19:04 xXBatmanXx

Pack your earplugs: FCC moves to allow in-flight voice calls, mobile data.

I have tried many times to make a call - it never works. Do I just always have the crappiest carrier? Are others able to actually make calls? Do they block calls?

Other than that, if people are considerate, shouldnt be any different on the LOUD ASS PLANE, than people talking and that shit kid behind me kicking my seat.

What now? Popcorn/gun fights on planes during an inflight movie!?
/I got jokes.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
8. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 14, 2014, 19:00 xXBatmanXx

Parias wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:54:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:51:
huh? Not just been worked on -but hasn't it been released for consoles like 3 years ago? Maybe diff game of similar name?

You might be thinking of "Future Solider". Which came out on PC too.

Copy. That might be it - I know I played one on the console a while back....over the years - they run together....

News Comments > Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming
2. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 14, 2014, 18:58 xXBatmanXx

Although a bummer - glad I quit playing. I think MrGrosser and I had pretty muched explored what they currently had to offer anyway (check screens on Steam) - now going to wait until final release for more content.  

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 Next Month
3. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 Next Month Jan 14, 2014, 18:54 xXBatmanXx

Anyone playing it? More of the same ala WD? I can wait for mega sale. They are fun, but it is just a click book.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
4. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 14, 2014, 18:51 xXBatmanXx

huh? Not just been worked on -but hasn't it been released for consoles like 3 years ago? Maybe diff game of similar name?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Banner Saga
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Banner Saga Jan 14, 2014, 18:49 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 17:16:
I'll be down with this on sale some point later on for sure.

Yea saw someone added it to wishlist, went and checked it out - prety impressed. Not totally my thing, but appears to be done well and peaks my interest.

31. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 16:47 xXBatmanXx

mch wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 16:39:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 16:36:
I work the details - cell service was of multiple times - we all talked about it - you know, those of us on the details....but whatevs.

Interesting. If that's the case, I wonder what the radius is. I've been passed by some HUGE ones...which is why I assumed they were presidential...and haven't had my phone call so much as drop (it is, of course, impossible to hear and continue a conversation as they go by).

As Krovven points out though, the president wasn't exactly waving out his window. Anyway, just anecdotal evidence on my part.

One in particular was downtown St. Paul, was super cool style. Dudes hanging off vehicles, windows down, first lady waving (her only, prez was not here), dudes with rifles and what not. Wasn't a very big motorcade.

Other ones were blocking overpasses, etc.

Maybe a travel out of DC only thing? Assuming they have tons of routes they can use in DC as they do it everyday? And only a few so extra measures are taken in other cities? No idea. I will have to ask a few people who know....might see some of those guys Friday....

29. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 16:36 xXBatmanXx

mch wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 16:31:
Krovven wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 16:29:
mch wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 16:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 15:10:

Interesting thing - if you ever get a chance to see the President or someone else that thinks they are important, when his entourage goes by, take a QUICK second to look at your cell phone......NO CELL SERVICE!

Sorry Bats, but I live in DC and have been passed by presidential motorcades on multiple occasions. This is not the case.

So what you actually saw was some vehicles with tinted windows...

Congressional, presidential, whoever. I believe Bats said 'someone else who thinks they are important'

Edit: In any case, believe what you want. I've lived here my whole life and have never once experienced it.

I work the details - cell service was of multiple times - we all talked about it - you know, those of us on the details....but whatevs.

25. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 15:10 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 15:00:
I really don't want people armed in entertainment venues (theaters, stadiums, bars etc) where passion and emotions run high. The few rational purposes of it are outweighed by the downsides in my opinion. The endless gun debate bores me though so that's all I have to say on it.

Getting back to the cellphone thing, I do agree with Cutter that they should just employ cellphone blockers but unfortunately there are major liability issues involved which prevents them from doing so and I think federal law on such devices is pretty strict.

It is federal law that gets in the way - FCC and all that fun stuff. I don'T have a problem with cell phone blocking - it is a new technology and we got along just fine without it - so screw the liability part.

Interesting thing - if you ever get a chance to see the President or someone else that thinks they are important, when his entourage goes by, take a QUICK second to look at your cell phone......NO CELL SERVICE!

22. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 14:53 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 14:50:
You could google that about most countries but by and large they happen less frequently there for ~whatever~ reason, don't feel like getting into the usual gun debate.

You don't really want people bringing guns into a theater regardless of where you live I would hope.

I can make the same comparison to cities around the world. People get mad that Minneapolis has *GASP* 100 homicides. 99% are solvable/solved. Are usually done by a person that is known to them (majority of vilent crimes) but everyone is mum about the THOUSANDS killed in South American territories and Mexico. Not even mentioning yet other places....

So, my attitude is cavalier in nature, dismissing my crime stats, saying "well, at least I am not in Camobodia". Is that ok then too? ugh. "BUT IT HAPPENS HERE LESS" is not really an acceptable response.....

oh well.

You don't really want people bringing guns into a theater regardless of where you live I would hope.

Doesn't bother me one bit.

20. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 14:44 xXBatmanXx

siapnar wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 14:13:
Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:04:
2) The guy you plunk may be the same type of guy with a gun waiting to use it on someone that slights them, such as in this case
This kinda thing makes me glad that I live in Canada

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Google, 2 seconds, first story -
Two men are facing weapon and property damage charges after a series of shootings in the northeast Calgary community of Abbeydale Sunday morning.

and

Two dead, 19 injured after Toronto shooting spree

It always makes me laugh when people make "Nothing will ever happen to me" comments.....keep your head in the sand sir! Nothing is wrong!

From article:
Homicide detectives, officers from the Gun and Gang Unit, Intelligence Unit, ETF and 43 Division all spent the night at the scene gathering evidence and interviewing to witnesses.

Yup, Canada....safe place.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2014, 14:50.

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 13:19 xXBatmanXx

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 12:43:
I've been to shows with and without any cell phones, girls talking etc, most of the time it is fine, you don't go to certain shows on Fri/Sat that has been the case well before cell phones were much a thought. I love how some won't go to a show because it could happen and most of the time it is very minor.

So when you are at home watching a movie and the door bell rings, the microwave beeps, the toilet flushes, the phone rings, the dog barks, the kids need something, the wife calls you. Do you rage? DO YOU RAGE? People are so oversensitive to this, as if only the most pristine conditions are tolerated. Texting light? If you are focused on the screen and it isn't a completely dark scene, it probably isn't even noticeable. And during previews? Screw that old man, ruined many peoples lives who are still with us, let alone the man that is dead. He has no excuse ever to explain what he did, too bad he couldn't have been lost to mankind in his 40's.

At home you have control. You have zero control at the movie theater - and it is assumed everyone will be respectful. A lot of people aren't, which is why we don't go to movies unless it is 1230 midweek and we know we are the only ones there. Maybe 1-3 others that are there for the same reason we are - an adult day date. You also didn't pay 15-40 dollars per person to sit in that theater with other people who have zero respect for others.....

Now, I don't condone what happened - but I also wasn't there. He is 71, probably super vigilant, maybe lots of other things. But we only have one side. And we only have witnesses who saw 1 thing - the shooting. No one remembers what happened before that.

Anyway.

A pocket wireless/phone killer is perfect for the movie - not saying - just sayin.....

Not noticiable? Not true. There is a friend of my wifes that I refuse let go to a movie with us cause she is so insecure and hooked on social media that she checks her phone every few minutes. That is not ok. And I dont know what crap theaters you go to - but the one we go to is so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face - so any light is bad light unless it is the screen.

/damn....I responded to a blocked person...oh well...

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 13:12 xXBatmanXx

InBlack wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 10:45:
Jesus Christ some of you guys are insensitive pricks. I agree with the sentiment that its rude to text and use your phone in the theatre but no one deserves to get shot and killed over it!

Should I mention the fact that the old cop got up and went to look for the manager (read, went to get his gun) before the fucking thing escalated even further.

Witness stated he was "texting his 3 year old daughter"......ummmm...why is a 3 year old texting? Cullin the heard.....

/jokes

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jan 14, 2014, 09:23 xXBatmanXx

dubfanatic wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 22:32:
BAD RATS 90% oFF WAT A DEAL

Already had it for some reason, fired it up - terrible.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
65. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 23:23 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 22:30:
give them a break already..

Nope. They earned every bit of negativity they get...

*DING

Saying something like that is just agreeing that f***ing everyone over is ok....and it isnt.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 23:09 xXBatmanXx

ARCHER VICE!  

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
60. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 21:17 xXBatmanXx

Relevance = 0 at this point doesn't it?  

17906 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo