Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 18567 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 18:12 xXBatmanXx

Not sure, but if you look at google, there are a LOT of people that are upset that games don't allow for config of RMB as forward.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 17, 2014, 18:10 xXBatmanXx

Qwerty effect' makes people choose names containing letters on right-hand keys. Thanks Acleacius.

huh? What do they say? Causation/Causality is not correlation? er something like that....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 17:46 xXBatmanXx

Loopy wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 13:29:
Yeah, RMB for move forward crew 4 LIFE!!!

I still bind RMB to move forward in all first person and third person games. I guess I'm insane.

FO LIFE!

I will never stray.

PC Gaming > Post your FPS config - old school
15. No subject Sep 17, 2014, 17:29 xXBatmanXx

So my config comes about when I played competitive Quake 1v1. I was a very good player in my circles, but then dialing into people all over the map, I would ask them what their configs were, and found that high level players at the time were NOT using WSAD for various reasons.

When I switched to RMB, I found it has many advantages. Circle strafing is easier/quicker, as is forward backward movement, as my left hand never has to leave the kb. It may not seem like a big deal to you, but as a hardcore FPS player and competitive junkie, moving from W to S is a LONG time in competitive matches. And having my left hand one over from home row is WAY MORE COMFORTABLE in long play instances.

Also, using RMB on the right hand with shoot, allows one to eat/drink while playing.

A huge benefit, my middle finger can always find that little notch on the kb (backwards) to get me to my setup quickly if left hand is off the kb or using an accessory for other games, etc.

Anyway. Cheers. I like these conversations and often find myself trying different things out. But I have converted A LOT of people to Forward = RMB and have seen their play increase dramatically.

The downside, pain in the ASS to setup controls, esp on games that don't allow much config of default controls..... (setting up a game like ARMA SUCKS!)

I had one friend who was probably the best duke3d player i've ever seen (Tsunami on the old T.E.N. was always in the top 10, and won quite a few big LAN parties i attended with him in So.cali, he used spacebar to move forward)

I have seen that with high level players as well. A variation of my RMB that allows for the middle finger to do something else. I assume his middle finger is also reverse.

RMB - Jump
HAHAH WTF!?

23. Re: Bill Murray Sep 16, 2014, 20:53 xXBatmanXx

Killer Kane wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 16:27:
Come on!
Caddyshack
Zombieland
The Razors Edge
Where The Buffalo Roam
Ed Wood
Kingpin
Caddyshack

WHAT ABOUT BOB!

News Comments > Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks
12. Re: Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks Sep 16, 2014, 20:50 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 17:20:
descender wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 15:41:
Your last 3 posts have been "Steam is spyware". I think we get the idea, you don't like it.

6 of his last 20.

You know what works nicely?

4. Ignored Sep 16, 2014, 15:39 Luke

To view this user's posts click on the username

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin
2. Re: Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin Sep 16, 2014, 20:48 xXBatmanXx

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 20:47:
Cool.

lame/ but fine. free games is free games...not as cool as this though....

PC Gaming > Post your FPS config - old school
1. Post your FPS config - old school Sep 16, 2014, 18:45 xXBatmanXx

Walk Forward RMB
Walk Backward F
Walk Left D
Walk Right G
Crouch S

Shoot LMB
Alternate Fire Y or 3rd MB

Everything else is open to interpretation.

Thorw Nade H or A
Last Weapon Q
Prone A
Down/Up Z
Drop Weapon X
Use/Open E

What am I missing?

Space is jump...

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2014, 17:31.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 11:01 xXBatmanXx

Three free games, just register over at DLH.

http://www.dlh.net/de/

Get these 3:
Knights and Merchants Steam Store and Retail Key (6.99)
East India Company Gold Steam Store and Retail Key (5.99)
Enclave Steam Store and Retail Key (5.99)

Not a bad deal.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 16, 2014, 10:45 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 00:11:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 20:23:
Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 19:24:
Oh this could never be abused by the gubment.
Rolleyes

I am more concearned about Facebook...

My wife had her privacy "ah-ha" moment. She had a friend pass away recently, so she uploaded a bunch of photos from 20 years ago - and it tagged and linked everyone in the picture that was on Facebook automagically. It took her by surprise and freaked her out a bit....

Yeah, but FB can't arrest you, hold you indefinitely and ship you off to Gitmo.

Some Gen X and Gen Y (and whatever the teenie boppers are called) would think it is the same thing if their account was deleted or blocked.

And seriously Cutter - are you really that worried about being arrested or detained? sheesh.....

News Comments > Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks
1. Re: Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks Sep 16, 2014, 10:43 xXBatmanXx

I have had the game installed for a long time - I fired it up to see if there is any diff....it acted like I never played it before, reset everything, but my saves are there (external files).  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 16, 2014, 09:58 xXBatmanXx

Yahoo slams new 'digital will' law, says users have privacy when they die.

Think we have talked about this, but had a friend die a few years back. Every year we get together and play DoD Source in his honor. Creepy to see the days tick off since he last logged on....we all played together the night he passed....1,699 days ago....

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 09:25 xXBatmanXx

Wow....woot.com is doing a HUGE GAME SALE - some good stuff and some really bad stuff. One of note. CoD Ghosts for PC for $9.99! And Thief for damn cheap.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 09:14 xXBatmanXx

First-Ever MTB Tsunami Flip in Contest.

One of the coolest things I have seen....most people won't appreciate how truly awesome that is.....I am going to find my VHS tape of RAD....

DEAD SNOW 2: RED VS DEAD (2014) - In Theaters 10/10.

Tera-reid-able.....

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2014, 09:52.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 15, 2014, 20:23 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 19:24:
Oh this could never be abused by the gubment.
Rolleyes

I am more concearned about Facebook...

My wife had her privacy "ah-ha" moment. She had a friend pass away recently, so she uploaded a bunch of photos from 20 years ago - and it tagged and linked everyone in the picture that was on Facebook automagically. It took her by surprise and freaked her out a bit....

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
1. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 09:58 xXBatmanXx

The founders: Notch, Carl, and Jakob are leaving. We don’t know what they’re planning. It won’t be Minecraft-related but it will probably be cool.

Counting money is pretty cool.....

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
183. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 15, 2014, 09:44 xXBatmanXx

Redmask wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 13:20:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 09:36:
I wonder how many people complaining actually own and play Minecraft.

It's sold 55 million copies so probably most of them.

The GI article says today that 90% of the PC minecraft accounts have logged in the past year.....so....probably everyone.

I don't play it anymore. I was an early adopter and paid what....a couple bucks? I dunno, I forget, but it was super cheap.

I find the game very boring, but am glad it was so successful as it has spawns a huge genre of great games.

Thanks to Caladell I am playing Trove, and enjoying it immensely. Minecraft with shit to do.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:40 xXBatmanXx

Blue - no news article about the MSFT and Minecraft deal? (GI) (deal that was rumor yesterday is confirmed)

/nm, Blue was probably typing as I was.....

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2014, 09:56.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:23 xXBatmanXx

Efflixi wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:14:
Ok, so our Pick'em group. I'm ranked #2 and while I didn't choose randomly, I might as well have! I picked two teams that I know, and the rest of the matchups, i simply picked the underdog. How the hell do I get to be rank #2? Even in ESPN total standings I'm ranked 2290ish out of over a million signups. I just don't get it...

Yea......not good for me....

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:03 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 07:36:
That hand is more common than you think -- ie. two people with the same pocket pair and one winning on a flush. The four aces getting beat by a royal flush is far more unusual.

As a cash and tournament poker player, I am very aware of it's %s. But, that was a MILLION dollar buy in. Just sayin.

18567 Comments. 929 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo