Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19337 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 10:15 Retired

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 22:39:
1badmf wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 18:13:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 17:52:
Redmask wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 17:35:
Shouldn't the whole site be done in pink? Some unicorns would be funny too.

We draw the line at unicorns sir.

do you? are unicorns too gay?

Unicorns, rainbows, Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, Smurfs.

ooo I love the Smurfs!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2015, 14:18 Retired

nin wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 09:03:
1badmf wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 00:51:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 00:04:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 20:43:
my wtf moment of the month (waited until the last day)

I am not sure how I feel about this, but I have an Amazon Echo in the middle of the house, so we haev music going almost all the time. My son was hanging out, so I said "Alexa, play children's music" and this came on.....

so.....as a father....not sure if this is good or not. I mean, the sound is actually pretty amazing, and I am very impressed with the quality...but the fact that my son would listen to NIN....as a lullaby.....I mean.....how f'd am I making him out of the gate....I mean.....shit....I just don't know what to think about this....you have to hear it - it is amazing, yet.....f-d up!

nin would approve.

ironic if he didn't XD

I keep meaning to grab those cds...

free if u have prime.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 1, 2015, 12:11 Retired

Verno wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 10:22:
Seems real enough to me, if its a joke they put a lot of effort into it. Automated or semi-automated dispensing of some items isn't necessarily a horrible business idea either, I might not be it but I'm sure theres a market for lazy people. It would be better if it had some memory and could just keep a list of things that you need every week and don't care to browse for. Of course that's just asking to be fleeced on price too. I'm sure its an urbanite wet dream.

In a world where the Amazon Echo is a real thing, I can't get too worked up over it.
they actually already have that. It is called subscribe and save. Order 5 or more items and u get 20% off. I use it for household essentials. Save hundreds every few months.

33. Re: Ok who did I piss off? Apr 1, 2015, 09:50 Retired

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 16:31:
/rant mode

Turned 40 today, and planned on celebrating with ordering GTA5, but first to get groceries. Hit a ATM (I seem to do better with cash then pulling out the card) get 40 bucks for groceries, do my shopping and go to check out and dropped the cash pulling out my phone to check for coupons (dear lord never thought I would use them), trace my steps back through the store, and see a women with her kid counting money in the isle I was last in. I ask if by chance she had seen me drop money in the isle and starts blowing up at me. Her kid starts screaming and crying, and I just walk away thinking 'welcome to middle age'.
Good news is I start a new job this week so no more donating plasma for money and living paycheck to paycheck.

If I ever meet this 'God' person, I want 2 things.
1)I want to see a government issued ID
2)I want a fucking refund.

Hope you had a good rest of the bday! Check your E-mail raisin balls!

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
56. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Apr 1, 2015, 09:02 Retired

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 08:51:
Task wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 16:19:
And last of all, for those that haven't read the books, I highly recommend them. They are now some of my favorite Medieval Fantasy novels I've read thus far in my life; the author Andrzej Sapkowski really did a pretty good job of taking old fantasy tropes and making up something unique and interesting with them. ALSO, I didn't realize there are at least 2-3 more books in the series that have yet to be translated (those lucky Europeans and Polish!). I can't wait for the "Sword of Destiny", "The Swallow's Tower" and "Lady of The Lake."
Thanks for the heads up.
I did check out the books last night online and read through the preview of the e-book version of the first one. It is really well written. Going to buy it.

Nice, yea they are all very good.

News Comments > Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One
1. Re: Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One Apr 1, 2015, 09:00 Retired

Some good ones this year.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 1, 2015, 08:59 Retired

Amazon Dash Button. We're trying and failing (for now at least) to find evidence this is a joke.

Has to be....

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 20:43 Retired

my wtf moment of the month (waited until the last day)

I am not sure how I feel about this, but I have an Amazon Echo in the middle of the house, so we haev music going almost all the time. My son was hanging out, so I said "Alexa, play children's music" and this came on.....

so.....as a father....not sure if this is good or not. I mean, the sound is actually pretty amazing, and I am very impressed with the quality...but the fact that my son would listen to NIN....as a lullaby.....I mean.....how f'd am I making him out of the gate....I mean.....shit....I just don't know what to think about this....you have to hear it - it is amazing, yet.....f-d up!

44. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 17:15 Retired

descender wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 14:37:
I have tons of games and not enough time to play thru them so the story sometimes gets in the way of the gameplay

Glossing over your unnecessary remarks about age... The only thing getting in the way of your gameplay is your impatience and your expectation/need to finish a game quickly. Your time management is poor, and you try to play too many games at once. That's a you problem lol, not a problem with how long the games actually are.

If you aren't done, keep playing. Who cares if you finish the game this week, this month... or this year? Just keep playing until you are done or bored with it. If you are bored, you were never going to finish it regardless of your free time, don't pretend otherwise. Also... Stop buying new games when they come out (and paying full price like a TOTAL sucker) until you finish the ones you are playing. Trust me, they will still be waiting there when you finish.

My backlog in steam has been moving in the wrong direction for years as life takes up more and more of my time. This doesn't prompt me to start haphazardly skipping through the games I've paid for though, because that would be a waste of time AND money... I could have just NOT bought the game in the first place if I was planning to skip over half of it. It simply means that it takes longer to finish one game and move on to the next. It also means that I am only rarely tempted to pay full price for a game on launch day. I have a pile of the most popular games from the last few years that only cost me $5 each and I can wait forever to play them. Wins all around.

Great conversation in here, nice posts by ALMOST everyone. I guess it should come as no surprise a good convo here comes in a thread from a great developer with a mature tone and being 3rd in a series of very superior made games compared to others of it's ilk. 1 kid, 2 dogs (sent one to live on acerage), wife, house, job, another job, to many hobbies to list....you find time. Just isn't as much, and my library isn't getting smaller.....

43. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 17:11 Retired

DangerDog wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 15:40:
As soon as I finish Skyrim I'll get right on this.

See ya in a couple years! heheheheh

18. Re: Ok who did I piss off? Mar 31, 2015, 16:51 Retired

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 16:37:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 16:31:
/rant mode

Turned 40 today, and planned on celebrating with ordering GTA5, but first to get groceries. Hit a ATM (I seem to do better with cash then pulling out the card) get 40 bucks for groceries, do my shopping and go to check out and dropped the cash pulling out my phone to check for coupons (dear lord never thought I would use them), trace my steps back through the store, and see a women with her kid counting money in the isle I was last in. I ask if by chance she had seen me drop money in the isle and starts blowing up at me. Her kid starts screaming and crying, and I just walk away thinking 'welcome to middle age'.
Good news is I start a new job this week so no more donating plasma for money and living paycheck to paycheck.

If I ever meet this 'God' person, I want 2 things.
1)I want to see a government issued ID
2)I want a fucking refund.

Happy Birthday, brother. Better days are ahead. (I mean, I've heard. )

40 for me this year as well. But no panic attack the day of. Progress?

Nippin at the heels of both of you old geezers.....but mine is next week.

WOOT! Level up HELFIE!
+1 Common Sense
-1 Toe Touch Ability
+.5 Grey
+3 "OFF MY LAWN" volume
+Achivement "On Top of The Hill"

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 16:09 Retired

***Pinging Bet.

Please get a hold of me brother.

8. Re: Power Skates! Mar 31, 2015, 13:38 Retired

ColBlister wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 13:30:
Somebody needs to take that chainsaw skating to the next level - replace each skate blade with a chainsaw for POWER SKATES!

/morbid

I was waiting at the end for the FAIL followup gore video of when he slices his hand/head/arm/leg/foot off when he tanks....just sayin.

19. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 12:42 Retired

Alamar wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:37:
200+... I realize that's a selling point for a lot of people... But holy crap, even one quarter of that is too much for me... Unless the combat (where you spend most of the game) is amazing, anything over 20 hours starts to bore me... Add that to my inability to stick to one game at a time, I have a ton of half completed games...

That is like complaining that Skyrim is to long. Just play the way you want to play guys. I love Skyrim because of my ADD. I think I have 60 hours into that game and only about 25% through the story.....

So confused why people are upset about this....oh yea....it is BN.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 20:24 Retired

Well, it isn't "game breaking" as you can avoid it. Not really a big deal. they are more active in the forums and with responses than anything in recent memory (or distant at that).

I applaud them. All things considered, a very successful release. Kudos to them.

Haters gonna hate no matter what.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2015, 19:00 Retired

Fifth wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 18:03:
nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 15:03:
(One guy had a STEAM level of 0 with no games. WTF?)]
I've heard, if your profile is private, like mine, you show as a 0.

I occasionally receive invites from level 0 guys and whenever I bother to check out their profile, they have it set as private. I just assumed they were f2p people wanting to trade TF2 items or a fresh account with malicious intent.
my thoughts exactly

News Comments > Steam Top 10
43. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 17:32 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 16:31:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 05:55:
Cutter wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 21:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:36:
We will be there.

Ok, got all my Social Club stuff up to speed. How's the hand, buddy? Gonna' be ready 3 weeks from now?

If you see him online playing anything you give him holy fucking hell. Told him I was going to be like his virtual mother and annoy the shit out of him if I see him doing anything to fuck his hand up.

Didn't he mention that he'd found some one-handed games he could play?

Yea, Pillars. But haven't even felt like being on the pc lately.....

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2015, 17:31 Retired

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 15:03:
And random people trying to friend me just to get a key, if you don't send me any sort of message and I don't recognize your user ID, well, you won't be getting anything.

I get these as well. Some of them are friends of friends in the Blue's group, but if you don't identify yourself, I'm not adding you.

(One guy had a STEAM level of 0 with no games. WTF?)]

I've heard, if your profile is private, like mine, you show as a 0.

Weird. I get 10 requests a week - and no one contacts me saying hay or posts to my board, so I almost always ignore.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 21:22 Retired

nin wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 20:30:
Dacron wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:53:
jimnms wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:26:

I was reading about the heists yesterday. Besides a pad, I thought it said you have to be at a certain level too (12 I think?).

Hmmm... I hope I can reset my SP back to 0% and keep my MP character. Would take a while to get back high enough to heist. Haven't bothered trying the heists either, seeing the PC improvements made me wait.

Going from ps3 to ps4, you just migrated your online character. I would guess (hope) we'll do the same here. The character data is on R* servers.

Can just create new SP game, and keep your MP from migration....

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 19:36 Retired

jimnms wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 17:14:
Because you need a pad to start a heist. And they aren't cheap. This way you can start with one and be the leader if you wish - otherwise, have fun with the grind.

I was reading about the heists yesterday. Besides a pad, I thought it said you have to be at a certain level too (12 I think?). I caved and pre-ordered from GMG last week when they sent me a 27% off coupon. I was going to do it the week before with a 25% off coupon, but I goofed when converting GMT to local and the coupon expired 2 minutes before I was checking out. I didn't get anything else for the pre-order, unless you don't get it until the game releases, but I already have the GTA Complete pack on Steam (the one with GTA1 through SA).

I'm in the Blues News crew on Rockstar Social club, I hope to see people getting together on it.

We will be there.

19337 Comments. 967 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo