Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17904 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2014, 11:36 xXBatmanXx

Whew....thought we had another long term outage......*shakes slowly start to ebb  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jan 16, 2014, 00:49 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 00:47:
Yeah obs. When I get hosed I can't really focus on anything but tunes so it's just music all night.

Yea just tunes and messaging Creston during his 1MILLIONTH hour in Skyrim! hehehehehe

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
64. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 23:54 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 23:28:
I think it is more important than ever to unplug for several hours a day. You got along just fine in the 80s and before without a phone....deal with it.

1000 times THIS! I hate that I am expected to be reachable every second of every day. I'm not ever going to be, simply for my own sanity.

Was in a job like that - it was very unhealthy....my Dr literally said "quit your job or die within 10 years"......and I was in my 20s....not good.

If you are expected to work 20 hours a day, you need to be paid 20 hours a day. Period. I had jobs where I was "on call" and they quickly figured out that was expensive for them. Set expectations early....

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 15, 2014, 23:20 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 22:15:
My buddy does that song at Karoke and he just nails it. Everyone always goes haywire when he does it.

You bastards, now I have spent the last 2 hours (still going) on you tube, watching videos of:
Benny Benassi
Roger Alan Wade
Hank 3 and Hank 3 and Hank 3
Guttermouth
Ahmad
Probot
Bloodhound Gang
The Vandals and The Vandals
Tilt
lots of Bouncing Souls
Nerf Herder and Nerf Herder
Wax and Wax and Wax
The Lords

Shit...you ever have those nights where you grab some beers, a bottle, and just sit and hit youtube on LOUD like back in the day with your vinyl collection? Just playing something, get about halfway through the song and say "ah shit - gotta play THIS!" and grab another vinyl......

....one of those nights....

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2014, 00:30.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2014, 22:42 xXBatmanXx

Not sure what everyone's music preference is here (probably not hard to categorize, and I have talked offline to a number of you about music - which is awesome) but anyone ever been to a "The Bronx" show? Man I can't wait for them to come back around.....  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2014, 22:20 xXBatmanXx

DAMN! Does he REALLY need glasses when his monitor is 3 feet away and 60 inches? geeeeeeeezus!  

61. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 22:13 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 17:44:
Fueling a different fire, I do not turn off my phone during movies and never, ever will.
It's always on vibrate, no matter where I am, and if I'm in a movie it's somewhere I can quickly and easily hit the "silence" button to end it after the second vibration (long enough to tell if it's an email, text or call.)

But I need it on. If something were to go wrong at work, and I was disconnected for 3 hours, I'd be screwed. And, frankly, there's always the chance a family member has some emergency.

Regardless, it's 2014. It's very hard for many, many people to completely disconnect from work. Which sucks. Computers and cellphones really kind of make sure that you can dive deeper and more efficiently, but expect you to do more work and longer hours.
But, come review time, if something went wrong and you ignored the communications because you were watching American Hustle, well, that is going to come back and haunt you.

I don't agree. I think it is more important than ever to unplug for several hours a day. You got along just fine in the 80s and before without a phone....deal with it.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
21. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 15, 2014, 22:10 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 18:02:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 16:30:
You just can't do it - and this change will stop that crapware.

Thank you!

How is this going to stop it? Whatever tiny barrier existed to keep shit off Steam will now be gone. You could literally put a 'game' on Steam that just prints "THANKS FOR THE MONEY SUCKA!" on screen, and Steam will sell it for you.

Greenlight was a terrible solution, especially once they let the plebs vote on games, but it was better than no solution at all.

I guess I am of the school of thought that there is a BETTER solution they will implement, not a worse one.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 15, 2014, 17:05 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 12:06:
More like someone getting caught for going 85 in a 25, and then saying "BUT THAT GUY THERE WAS GOING 86!!"

The US and China are no different, and fuck our government for pretending otherwise.

HUH? I guess you aren't aware they already do that with old technology? 80s and 9s in South Dakota (unsure if still used) they used prop planes with markings on the highways (federal interstate) to calculate speeds and write tickets for speed.....just sayin.

/nm off my meds - thought drones came up - seperate conversation.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2014, 17:11.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
3. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 15, 2014, 16:30 xXBatmanXx

THank goodness. There wasn't a proper gate in place to stop the trash coming through. The drip service of releases are preferred over the waterfall service.

They weren't being properly vetted. You cannot in good sound mind install Bad Rats and then claim it should be a 9.99 game. You just can't do it - and this change will stop that crapware.

Thank you!

News Comments > DayZ Sells 1M in One Month
39. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 15, 2014, 11:59 xXBatmanXx

ViRGE wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 10:13:
Whiskers wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 13:58:
Hopefully the one million alpha testers will help make the game have no bugs and run really smoothly across a variety of hardware by the time it's officially finished in 2015.

I don't mind early access as long as the devs use it to their advantage in having a nice testing base to identify and fix things and don't just look at it as a way to get cash money.
Actually this brings up an interesting point. If everyone is buying and playing it now, will there be anyone left to play it when it's done? Or are we looking at a new world where the apex of the player count occurs before the game is even out of beta?

That is my fear. That this will be worse than pre-ordering.....you will buy a game that is 5-25% done, they make MILLIONS (this game) and then never finish the game....

I dont' know of many people that pre-order anymore, and for good reason, maybe this just has to run it's course?

I am done with KS, Early Access, etc etc etc.....

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2014, 10:43 xXBatmanXx

Archer" Ratings, Creator Talks Change.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I love it. My wife hated the show, I wore her down and she is now a fan! hahahhaah

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 15, 2014, 10:07 xXBatmanXx

heh, I saw the Liberation game on Steam...had to kind of laugh. Anyone even remotely think it is a good idea to put a tiny screen vita game on an overpowered bad ass computer? Can't be good on the eyes. Look at all the smoothing! iish!  

48. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 10:04 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 08:44:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 22:29:
In my area of the US, people can and often do go armed just about anywhere. In Tennessee and Mississippi I'd be willing to bet that a good quarter of the people in your local supermarket, Walmart, mall, restaurants, and theaters are packing (you'd be surprised how many southern women keep subcompacts or snubs in their purses!). I mention this only because if you stop to think of it with how dickish everyone treats one another it's kind of surprising that the sort of incident like this latest theater shooting doesn't happen a whole lot more often.

I look at it the other way, maybe if the general populace didn't think they were entitled to live like John McClane then we'd have less overall gun crime and things like this could be avoided

If the courts locked up criminals - then I could agree with you - but they don't. I grew up in a gun home, gun community, hell we even had *gasp* loaded guns on gun racks in our trucks!

Gun crime was zero.

It isn't he guns. It is the people. You have to treat them like children, and the system doesn't. If you are a parent that says "stop that or I will get up and do something to you" and you never do, then you have shitty kids. duh. If the court system says "now you stop that, I don't want to see you in here again" - then they produce career criminals. duh.

Anyway.......

37. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 15, 2014, 10:00 xXBatmanXx

think you are underestimating the human animal here. Humans are a social animal first and foremost, if you take a look at most of major the major catastrophes from our past history you will find that most of them have brought human comunities closer together. In our time of need we look to each other.

heh, define community.....If something happened in NE Minneapolis in my neighborhood, I agree with you. When a tornado went through North Minneapolis, people looted businesses and homes....and they didn't "HELP" eachother in New Orleans when their cesspool of a city flooded....

29. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 22:23 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 22:15:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:54:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:51:
Wow! Apparently lots of people want to be dicks to their fellow man, kill them, and steal their stuff.
I unfortunately know enough people in the realz that if there was hunting license for people they'd be on it. And not for revenge on someone you don't like, nope just the sport of it. It's amazing anything works.

Exactly. It has been said that DayZ is a realistic simulation of what will happen if/when society breaks down (probably without the zombies though). I for one would rather not be reminded of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shelter_%28The_Twilight_Zone%29

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 22:00 xXBatmanXx

Isn't it CRAYCRAY that they used to allow smoking on flights!? I mean right~!?!?!?!?!  

42. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 21:58 xXBatmanXx

siapnar wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 21:47:
Verno wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 15:00:
I really don't want people armed in entertainment venues (theaters, stadiums, bars etc) where passion and emotions run high. The few rational purposes of it are outweighed by the downsides in my opinion.
Yeah, easy access to guns and the ability to carry them is more what I was getting at with my comment.
Much higher risk of incident.

Batman dude, you're intense today.

Gout will do that to a man!

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 21:56 xXBatmanXx

hahah OMG!

I took a huge header over a fence today and buried myself in the snow.....I am sure it was HILARIOUS for anyone that was watching me....hahahahahahah
(It probably looked like THIS but with 3 feet of snow on either side! hahahahah I suck)

AH! Here we go, but remove the jump and thing he is on.... Outcome was the same....hay, at least I can laugh about it! Flimsy ass fence.

Anyone that doesn't have Hotline Miami - get on it!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219150/

And buy the soundtrack too!!!
http://youtu.be/oKD-MVfC9Ag

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2014, 23:25.

39. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 19:16 xXBatmanXx

Scheherazade wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:32:
Keep in mind (as some have posted earlier), this happened before the movie started.

Also, note that the shooter was an ex police officer.

The last statistic I read, indicated that the murder rate among police officers is 8x that of the general population. (*Not* work related).
Basically, tread lightly around them, they can go off at any moment.

-scheherazade

*yawn

Quote please thanks.

You probably didn't read it correctly, but that wouldn't surprise me. Actually you are talking about the SUICIDE rate. k thx bye.

We won't even get into the discussion about the very few years most cops have off the job then die of (insert heart/lung/other disease here), it is off the charts compared to anything else. The years and damage we do to our bodies on this job isn't a good thing....tons of science and studies on it. Just buried a guy last week. Made it 5 years after retirement. 30 years of service. 5 years of retirement. It isn't fun when co-workers live in the city you all work in and you have to find em AND bury em.....(died of heart attack btw....we all joke this place killed him - cause humor is all we really have to fall back on)

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2014, 19:22.

17904 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo