Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17904 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2014, 09:21 xXBatmanXx

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 17:32:
I would rather see a few more of these types of questions in interviews. The tech industry can benefit from more personality and less social awkwardness.

I happen to be lucky enough to work with a group of guys who are technical AND personable (my manager has been asked countless times how he was lucky enough to fall in with this group). It's amazing how much cohesiveness a little humility and personality can get a group.

I was highly successful in the IT world - the thing I heard the most "It is easy to talk to you about this stuff....not like the other people". I was called to many businesses after a co-worker was out there or a competitor because they didn't feel comfortable with the person that was out there. Sometimes it was just as simple as remembering the last conversation we had and asking follow-up questions ie: "how was your trip to ________". I dunno. Seems like common sense to me....

IT people tend to be socially retarded and not able to speak on the same level as their clients. Those that can be "normal" while still doing a highly demanding/technical job, do very well.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2014, 09:06 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 20:39:
Cutter wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 17:22:
In this day and age how could you not find the office?
Probably a lack of labeling near or in the building. I never been totally blocked (except when having an incorrect address) -- but I've certainly taken a LONG time to find a place that I would have found in minutes if there were just some reasonable address identifiers used.

Well, if it is anything like downtown St. Paul, it might be difficult. The blocks and streets don't match, meaning a building with the 6xx number on it, isn't between 6th and 7th. They are idiots.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2014, 23:55 xXBatmanXx

Kitkoan wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 21:25:
Tom wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 19:55:
Kitkoan wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 17:07:
You've never dealt with the police before, have you?

Not quite that simple. They have no problems in using more... physical ways of "persuading" you for the information. Or arrest you on a sayso.

The super-paranoid know how to pass the wrench test. In theory.

The super-reality know that police still beat you and dump you in the middle of nowhere, without your phone or any other items they wish to take.

They just put a phonebook on you, and then pound away. The phonebook distributes the full force of the blow to you but displaces it enough to not leave any bruises or marks.

Takes experience to know these things. Not paranoia.

You are a moron.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
21. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 18, 2014, 14:42 xXBatmanXx

Redmask wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 13:02:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 03:46:
Fine - but can we agree he is no better than those that came before him? Cause once we agree on that - we can move on and try something better....

No one has anything better, we just need a new system of government entirely but I don't want it to happen in my lifetime.

There are people in government that aren't popular (to their peers) but have the right ideas. They just can't beat the 2 party system.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2014, 14:40 xXBatmanXx

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 13:51:
Pro Tip: Always password protect your phone. When the police ask you for the password, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. Use it.

eh, we don't care about your phone.
If we think something is on there we need, we just get a warrant.
Courts have already thrown cases out if you don't get a warrant.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 18, 2014, 14:37 xXBatmanXx

Rise of the cyber tot -- 4 million British under threes use smartphones or tablets.

*sigh What is wrong with you people.

16. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 18, 2014, 03:46 xXBatmanXx

Fine - but can we agree he is no better than those that came before him? Cause once we agree on that - we can move on and try something better....  

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 17, 2014, 16:52 xXBatmanXx

Obama bans spying on leaders of U.S. allies, scales back NSA program.

Thats it? So everything else they do is ok?

Wow. And look what they did to Nixon.....

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2014, 13:24 xXBatmanXx

Hope it isn't a torn rotator......if it still doesn't feel good after all of those years of non activity, might have to go under the knife.....

/Thanks Creston, I am going to check em out in my area....

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2014, 12:59 xXBatmanXx

The search for the lost Cray supercomputer OS. Thanks Ant via OS news.

As a member of my University's Computer Science Club (nerds) we toured Cray. Was pretty damn awesome.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 17, 2014, 12:53 xXBatmanXx

You won't believe this guy's Battlefield tricks until you see them…

The last one on the page is the best.

Airplane - eject - C4 on chopper - detonate - pull rip cord - land back in plane.

nice.

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
23. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 12:44 xXBatmanXx

Indication game is on the down slope in a major way? Last money grab?  

19. Re: airpocalypse! Jan 16, 2014, 22:03 xXBatmanXx

MajorD wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 19:41:
Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 16:44:
harlock wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 15:21:
On Wednesday night, the United States Embassy in Beijing began sending out online warnings that the air quality level had gone above 500, the upper limit of the measurement scale, and was now “beyond index” (or “crazy bad,” as one embassy employee had written on an official embassy Twitter account several years ago.) It stayed at that level until Thursday, when it dipped to “hazardous” from “beyond index.” Hazardous means an air quality index above 300, at which point the concentration of fine particulate matter in the air is many times the exposure limit recommended by the World Health Organization. American health officials say a hazardous rating means people should avoid venturing outdoors.

Well sounds like the Chinese gubment does have a plan to cull their population after all.

When I was there on business back in the early 2000s, I had flown into Beijing from Shanghai and could see the brown haze all around. Walking around there was the industrial stench in the air and my eyes burned/watered (no exaggeration) the whole time I was there from very poor air quality. Luckily I was only there for less than two days......

In 2 biz trips to Los Angeles over a period of 2 months (extended stays), I got sicker than hell from the daily fallout. I accidentally left my car on the street overnight after paying $30.00 for a car wash - was a very noticeable film and grains on the vehicle in the AM. Looks like a mixture of dirt, dust, and pepper.....disgusting.

News Comments > Sledgehammer Calling for Call of Duty Developers
4. Re: Sledgehammer Calling for Call of Duty Developers Jan 16, 2014, 22:01 xXBatmanXx

*sigh

Come make us 100s of millions while we pay you peanuts and no benes.

And a TEMP!

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
5. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 16, 2014, 20:50 xXBatmanXx

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 20:39:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 19:24:
The bad thing is once you get superpowers less than 1 hour into the campaign you never have to drive again. It's all running and leaping across skyscrapers like somekinda Superman/Flash/Spiderman hybrid.
The matrix has you Neo.

Has the conversation been had?

What happens if you take both pills?

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access
20. Re: Next Car Game Early Access Jan 16, 2014, 18:21 xXBatmanXx

Is it the Flat Out people? Looks pretty close (mechanics, damage, destructo derby, etc)

/heh, went to their page - yup - Flatout is listed.

http://nextcargame.com/bugbear/

Sausage fest up in there....

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
75. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 16, 2014, 16:27 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:49:
nin wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 11:56:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 11:43:
Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 00:05:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 22:13:
Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 17:44:
Fueling a different fire, I do not turn off my phone during movies and never, ever will.
It's always on vibrate, no matter where I am, and if I'm in a movie it's somewhere I can quickly and easily hit the "silence" button to end it after the second vibration (long enough to tell if it's an email, text or call.)

But I need it on. If something were to go wrong at work, and I was disconnected for 3 hours, I'd be screwed. And, frankly, there's always the chance a family member has some emergency.

Regardless, it's 2014. It's very hard for many, many people to completely disconnect from work. Which sucks. Computers and cellphones really kind of make sure that you can dive deeper and more efficiently, but expect you to do more work and longer hours.
But, come review time, if something went wrong and you ignored the communications because you were watching American Hustle, well, that is going to come back and haunt you.

I don't agree. I think it is more important than ever to unplug for several hours a day. You got along just fine in the 80s and before without a phone....deal with it.

Depends on your job.
Some people can't. I can't. I need to be available if a decision is made immediately. Sometimes, rather often, this is needed immediately.

If you're someone needed to make a decision, or inform a decision, and you're not reachable because you're seeing Hercules, you're probably going to have a rough time for the next few weeks at work.

An organization that only has 1 decision maker.....isn't setup properly....

NO! If he misses one call, it's the end of the universe!!!!!!!! He's so important!!!!!!

Murphy's Law - the one call you miss is the one call that was urgent.

Batman - sometimes redundancies don't make sense, and other times you just prefer to always have the full ownership rather than delegate it to someone else, because if the wrong decision is made you're still the one held responsible.

I worked the corporate world reporting directly to the executive staff for a long time.....you need things in place so your people (and you) aren't the only ones....there is a reason we go home at the end of the day. If you can't trust the person you assign as a backup to make the right decisions in your absence, then fire them and get the right people in there.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2014, 16:24 xXBatmanXx

Pigeon wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 15:49:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 13:26:
nin wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 13:02:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:54:
Does anyone else getting some problems when trying to access Blues?
I am not sure if the website was down this morning or was it my internet connection at work, but I couldn't access the site for about an hour today and pretty much most of the morning yesterday.

Bounced today and I'm pretty sure yesterday, too.

Pretty much everyday during certain time periods.

I've been getting that too. I think it was around 11am EST. but it seems to happen periodically through out the day.

Yea was a few hours this AM.....anyone still have that link to Chatbear BN website we setup?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 16, 2014, 11:44 xXBatmanXx

yea, I haven't been able to play - game came out, I played SP and then had the kid. MP wasn't an option cause of dad duties - now when I get back to it - no one will do any missions with me......sucks....  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
70. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 16, 2014, 11:43 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 00:05:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 22:13:
Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 17:44:
Fueling a different fire, I do not turn off my phone during movies and never, ever will.
It's always on vibrate, no matter where I am, and if I'm in a movie it's somewhere I can quickly and easily hit the "silence" button to end it after the second vibration (long enough to tell if it's an email, text or call.)

But I need it on. If something were to go wrong at work, and I was disconnected for 3 hours, I'd be screwed. And, frankly, there's always the chance a family member has some emergency.

Regardless, it's 2014. It's very hard for many, many people to completely disconnect from work. Which sucks. Computers and cellphones really kind of make sure that you can dive deeper and more efficiently, but expect you to do more work and longer hours.
But, come review time, if something went wrong and you ignored the communications because you were watching American Hustle, well, that is going to come back and haunt you.

I don't agree. I think it is more important than ever to unplug for several hours a day. You got along just fine in the 80s and before without a phone....deal with it.

Depends on your job.
Some people can't. I can't. I need to be available if a decision is made immediately. Sometimes, rather often, this is needed immediately.

If you're someone needed to make a decision, or inform a decision, and you're not reachable because you're seeing Hercules, you're probably going to have a rough time for the next few weeks at work.

An organization that only has 1 decision maker.....isn't setup properly....

17904 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo