Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19419 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem
22. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem Jan 20, 2015, 19:33 Retired

Actually thinking about starting a new game......this is my GoTY 2014.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem
21. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem Jan 20, 2015, 19:08 Retired

jomisab wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 17:14:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 15:31:
The only real difficulty for me was some of the warchief mission/ability combinations. I remember one where a warchief was immune to all but the most difficult attack methods. The mission to draw him out was to sound the alarm in the biggest fort on map 1 and kill 20-ish orcs. Of course sounding the alarm summons all the nearby captains too, plus the horde of vanilla baddies. The spot it occurred at didn't have hanging meat nearby to summon caragors, and the scene transition took away any mount you might bring. That took a few tries.

Otherwise I didn't mind the easy difficulty too much. I enjoyed playing the game like I was their boogeyman. I had a few runes equipped to increase their fear and send them running in terror. They didn't get far. Mwahahaha.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to kill a level 20 Warchief who's only weaknesses are a fear of fire and a fear of flies.

I had trouble with one and had to wait until much later in the game see here, he was tucked back in that port area where a mixture of 3-6 captains and chiefs always hang out (northern most part I think?) and I couldn't get him out of there to save my life.

Then I finally got him to flee, and he moved to an area that was super easy to kill him at. I also had 3-4 branded captains to take him down. I don't know how, but when you attack, they block everything, if a captain attacks them, they go down SUPER QUICK. Which can be a + or a - as you might not get to brand them cause they die so fast.

It can be luck of the draw, but really look at what your options are. Can you overtake or brand captains and chiefs that surround him via in fighting? Can you draw them out and use them? Can you ride a caragor or big troll to scare people away or scare him away?

Lots of options, but like I said, sometimes it is just the luck of the draw where that individual ends up.

Afraid of fire? Easy, do you have fire bolts? Boom, runs away and you can grab him elsewhere or chase him down. They are weaker when they run.

I have mastered the game so hit me up in steam with questions. I have to restart the game to get the rest of the cheevos, as I have branded everyone.....whoops.

News Comments > Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter
10. Re: Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter Jan 20, 2015, 09:21 Retired

You can set resolution output and up to 3500kbits.  

News Comments > Into the Black
23. Re: Into the Black Jan 20, 2015, 08:59 Retired

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 00:58:
fiftykyu wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 20:33:
It would take you...
21524 continuous hours
2 years,166 days,20 hours,34 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Dude...

For some reason this website never works when I enter my profile name, keeps saying it can't find a user with that name even when I make my profile public. And obviously I refuse to log my Steam credentials into some unknown website (And I pity the poor suckers who do.)

Weird. Yea won't pull data for you. You try setting profile to private than back public?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2015, 05:09 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 02:56:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 23:34:
They aren't going after him cause he has no money left.

Well, he's got no money left because they've frozen all of his assets. "Well, you're innocent until proven guilty, but your money is guilty until proven innocent, then we'll give it back. Actually, we probably won't (see Civil Asset Forfeiture laws)."

He still gets paid 20k a month from those assets, and he claims to have spent over 10M in legal fees and went broke....he isn't hurting...sitting in his mansion and started a new company....who cares. He is a criminal. Not even taking Mega into account, he has made a life of stealing from others. He even brags about it.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2015, 05:24.

7. Re: Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter Jan 20, 2015, 05:06 Retired

Theo wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 04:58:
Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 00:52:
It's cool that Steam offers this, but game broadcasting is pretty bandwith intensive, so I hope this doesn't further burden their already pretty taxed bandwith availability.

Or is it purely peer-to-peer?

Stream has to go centrally, otherwise you'd cripple every streamer with more than 5 or 6 viewers.

Anyone know if this works with none steam titles that are launched via steam?

It sure does. Was playing D3 2 nights ago and people were joining. There is also an option to stream your desktop. Be great for showing people how to fix things or joining them to help them with problems.

4. Re: Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter Jan 20, 2015, 00:49 Retired

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 00:04:
What's the upload requirement for this?

You can set limits. Not in front of my game pc, but I want to say top end is 3500k. Even with 40 people on a personal connection of a buddy, there was no issue.

1. Re: Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter Jan 19, 2015, 23:56 Retired

This deal works pretty slick. Glad to see something other than Twitch. I use this all the time. People jump in a new game to watch, ask questions and take off. It is a cool way to EASILY check out games without using another service. I also watch lots of games I am thinking about buying.

Thumbs up.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 19, 2015, 23:34 Retired

They aren't going after him cause he has no money left.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 23:07 Retired

WarPig wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 22:37:
Thanks, but I don't know how "back" I am. I'm simply not that much of a gamer anymore so I really don't have much to contribute. I still lurk around because I like the people (even Cutter ) and the ootb conversations even if I don't know what game is being talked about. I do like to talk football though!

That being said I am looking forward to GTA5. I built the computer I'm using now to play GTA4 and overspent enough on the video card that it was actually fairly playable right from the start. I kind of hope that R* does a great job on the port but my machine still won't run it so I have an excuse to build a new box!

Cool, make sure you jump in our BluesNews crew (don't have link right now)

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 21:48 Retired

....welcome back WarPig. You were missed.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 21:47 Retired

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 20:40:
The Packers were the better team or it's very obvious you guys didn't watch ANY football this season. Your own personal biases aside everyone and their dog agrees it was the Pack's to lose.

But you are a Packer backer - so you can't be trusted with anything that comes out of your mouth in regards to the Pack.....sorry......luv u.....

Honestly, there is nothing better in the world than a foaming at the mouth pissed off packer fan (not directed at Cutter). Like I said, the lesser evil won. It is like I had 2 Christmas'.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 19, 2015, 20:32 Retired

I dont' think anyone feels bad for Sony. At what point did this world change into "if I do something I should make money"? Everything is a risk. Take your losses with your wins and move on.

/And didn't an investigation show it was an inside job and not N Korea?

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2015, 21:22.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 20:27 Retired

Well, the Pack Hawks game, the lesser of 2 evils won. I look forward to NE destroying the hawks. Shut them up. The hawks don't respect the game with the way they act. Perfect example is the way Lynch acts. Hope he "retires" this year. I don't see the hawks keeping him anyway. He is a distraction. He has Randy Moss'd himself.

Anyway. I lost interest after the playoff round, but I am happy to see the Pack lose. I cant believe AR stood up there and said "we were the better team today". huh? You couldn't win with 5 takeaways? wow. Arrogant prick. And I don't want to hear about any of this "playing hurt" crap. Grow a pair. If you are hurt and want to use it as an excuse, then bench yourself.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 19, 2015, 20:17 Retired

Insecure like image issues? Daddy issues? Depression? Identity issues? I am confused....  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare "Reverse Boosting" Bans
18. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 19:13 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 15:43:
Linksil wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 15:19:
Boosting would be faster then normal exp/rank gain. So i'd assume reverse boosting would be killing yourself so you go into a lower ranked game and then can dominate the less skilled players to get more exp faster(xp per kill+ bonus from streaks.) It prob has to do with how their ranking servers put people in match making.

Ah, thanks. I was trying to figure out what the motivation was. Not a huge competitive MP gamer.

Which would matter if player numbers were huge, but they never have been for this game. Just finding a game is hard.

/4,000 current players, the game averages 10k peak a day....that is garbage. It is pretty far down the list....

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

If you like DeathMatch (disgusting) then you will be fine, as 80-90% of that is vanilla deathmatch, a worthless gameplay style. If you are NOT a vanilla TDM player, the game is dead.

If you like to play a real game mode - or anything hardcore, then you are out of luck. Oh, and no CTF in Hardcore mode - WTF?

Good to see the Call of Duty games fall off of the PC playlist. AW never made the top 20 I do not believe. In fact Binding of Isaac and CoD came out same week and Isaac was always above it in numbers......

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2015, 19:19.

17. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 19:12 Retired

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 12:40:
Is anyone playing this game online right now?
How is the MP?
Is it still popular? I kinda miss the old CoD games.
WaW was one of my favorites back in the day.

Edit: I've tried the MP on the free weekend and the graphics looked pretty dull. I don't know if some of my settings were off or the game just looks like that due to console graphics capabilities

Nope. The air war jumping took the fun out of it. It was fun at first when the servers didn't lag to shit. Now he who is host wins everytime. My frames are all jacked in the game, can't seem to fix it. So I went back to a level playing field CoD where people can't fly.

The engine for the game can't handle 3D fighting. It is an X plane fighting engine.

16. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 19:10 Retired

Reverse boosting? I think it is called griefing? Trolling? Being a twat?

Yes, please ban those people asap. I am amazed it took this long to do it. I see it all the time, you will have a match against a clan, but 1-2 people got put on my team, and they do that so their friends can "win".

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2015, 19:07 Retired

nin wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 19:03:
Prez or GTFO!

Prez
It would take you...
14466 continuous hours
1 year,237 days,18 hours,25 minutes

News Comments > Infinifactory Early Access
1. Re: Infinifactory Early Access Jan 19, 2015, 19:05 Retired

WIDGITS!  

19419 Comments. 971 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo