Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 18519 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
29. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 22:59 xXBatmanXx

The sad part is this won't sell as well as they think, and they won't understand why. 'Cause you all know they are sitting in their ivory tower patting eachother on the back and saying what a great game this is - but yet the people doing that have never played the BF series let alone a quality FPS game........

EA is voted the worst organization year after year and people still support their games at full price. Yall (yall who buy the games at full price) need yer heads checked.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Jun 20, 2014, 09:31 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:18:
Elite: Dangerous on Ars Technica.

Stick and throttle showed up the other day, and a week of vacation coming up...

Jerk, you broke the message board with that post.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
7. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:30 xXBatmanXx

Xero wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:18:
Actually they got a great idea. It's something Steam should look into. The excuse for piracy is that there is no demo or a demo is too limited to see what a gamer is truly buying. With this, it completely shuts down both those notions as they are giving you the entire game free as if you were renting it, for 2 days. Now after those 2 days where you got 48 hours worth of game time in, if you aren't still satisfied, you don't need to buy it or worry about an overcharge fee. It's a great move to be honest and it could cut down on piracy SOMEWHAT.

PSN+ has been doing this for along time - I wonder what their sales from these full trials indicate.

6. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:18 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:15:
Yeah but if they open this open to all of the games on origin... Would beat out select free weekends on steam.

True, but isn't their fear that a full 2 days with a sub par game with zero word of mouth will get zero sales? Or maybe 1,000 sales is enough for them to pay for the bandwidth? I dunno. I just don't see many sales from this a 6v6 console game on pc seems like a waste....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2014, 09:17 xXBatmanXx

House votes 293-123 to cut funding for NSA spying on Americans.

Won't matter will it? Thought this fell under the "black budget" or under Homeland Security unlimited funding....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2014, 09:16 xXBatmanXx

Really wish the Midwest had something. To travel to any of these shows is thousands of dollars. I just don't see a reason to attend.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
2. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 09:15 xXBatmanXx

How sad is it that the top 4 articles are all about AAA games with very large and serious problems? Although PC gaming is alive and well, QUALITY AAA gaming has gone the way of the dodo.  

2. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:13 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:11:
How's those sales numbers, EA?

Probably shit considering 2 EA articles in a row - one talking about being abysmal and the other inferring abysmal.

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
1. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 09:12 xXBatmanXx

But what did they do about it? Nothing.  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2014, 05:23 xXBatmanXx

The problem is, as the article says, they're fueled by ego, they think less critically about their decisions because of that ego (they think they're infallible), and over time they hire people that feed that ego by not questioning them.

You just described my Chief!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
65. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 05:17 xXBatmanXx

Spent some money over at GoG, have spent nothing at Steam. I just don't have the need anymore.....the back log is so ridiculous...I can't even keep up with current games.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2014, 10:40 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 10:03:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 09:53:
I thought the mayor poop tossing story was going to be about him getting in trouble for a return to sender act, nope, the guy is a psycho for throwing shit in his neighbor's yard because the neighbor disagreed with him.

He did some interview last week (wish I could find the video now), where he claimed he always picks up litter, and just happened to in turn toss it in this guys yard. And then the guy who had the cameras up in his yard came on and explained he'd opposed the mayor on things in the past (he opposed a dog park), and totally demolished the mayors explanation.

More here.

Although childish - this seems to have been blown up. It was poop in a bag from a tiny dog. Big whoop. Its not like he put a ton of crap in a bag and started it on fire.....

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2014, 10:02 xXBatmanXx

Pigeon wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 09:53:
I'd also suggest paying a CEO those ridiculous amounts reflects the poor priorities of the board. Either being taken in by branding and/or he illusion that more expensive = better.

I thought the mayor poop tossing story was going to be about him getting in trouble for a return to sender act, nope, the guy is a psycho for throwing shit in his neighbor's yard because the neighbor disagreed with him.

Executives typically have contracts with huge pay outs if they are let go - so the incentive to work hard is very small....

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 19, 2014, 09:56 xXBatmanXx

This Guy Spent 13 Years Designing a Game By Himself. Well told story…

I am going to go back and read more about him (he appears to have extensive talents in media form) as it is a pretty cool insight to what I am sure many of us DREAMED about when we first got into gaming - I had a friend whose father made an RPG growing up - obsessively, it was all he talked about, all he did, he was always in the basement working on story lines, dialogue, etc etc etc, and I don't even know if he finished it....I remember it looking like a cross between Gauntlet and Dungeons of Dredmor....

I can probably still find my notebooks from grade school and Jr high drawing out levels for various games.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2014, 10:01.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2014, 09:39 xXBatmanXx

What Happens When You Drink 25-Year-Old Beer. Thanks nin.

Once had a buddy drink from an old keg we found in the garage that had sit all summer and still had some in it....he threw up so much he got lock jaw and we had to bring him to the hospital....

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2014, 09:34 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 09:30:
If some heists don't launch before the new version of the game goes live, it's really going to look bad on R*...

I guess it doesn't bother me as much as others as I have played through the game 1.5 times and have had little to not time for Online....but at least they are telling people what is going on. It is kind of lame it is taking this long...and I understand the frustrations people have that were very active in the game....

I am assuming I will put all of my time into the PC version of online rather than play the frustrating interface, matchmaking, lame asses online for the ps3 and xbox.....

To be clear, the BN group has been a positive experience, but every interaction with pubs has been very negative....it has been the definition of console pricks.

News Comments > Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com
7. Re: Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com Jun 19, 2014, 09:25 xXBatmanXx

To thank them for all of the free stuff and great discounts, I grabbed all of the Wing Commander and Populous stuff. Love both of them, and will play through all of them again. Vast amounts of games for little to nothing at GOG.

Just grabbed almost 20 games for under $30.00.

All DRM free.

/heh. one of the games is "Amazon Queen" I had to double take to make sure it wasn't Leisure Suit Larry type material. heheheheh

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2014, 10:43.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Extended One Week
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Extended One Week Jun 19, 2014, 09:17 xXBatmanXx

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 08:21:
I have Bad Company 2 on the PC and Origin has been shoving the Vietnam expansion in my face, begging me to buy it. Given that Vietnam, along with Korea, is the least used setting for FPSes, I'm kind of intrigued. Has anyone played it? If so, is it good or bad?

I no longer trust game reviews as they're about as objective as Anita Sarkeesian at an FHM photoshoot with the exception of JaguarUSAF's reviews.

If you are colorblind don't even bother - just like the original BF Vietnam, us color blind people can't see the bad guys in the brush. Everything is washed out for me.

PC Gaming > Ravaged
6. No subject Jun 19, 2014, 00:19 xXBatmanXx

I don't think the game ever caught on did it? I did KS for it - but numbers were always super low and no full servers....

/checking....did they switch directions with the game or is Ravaged Zombie Apoc. a different game?!

//k, found an old email, it is a free update to current owners. Going to have to check it out.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2014, 00:34.

PC Gaming > Fallout Tweaks/Stuff
1. Fallout Tweaks/Stuff Jun 19, 2014, 00:17 xXBatmanXx

Since I made a Skyrim one that I still go back to and use, I will put this here.  

18519 Comments. 926 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo