Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19887 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 30, 2015, 18:24 Retired

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 17:06:
Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 10:04:
And that's why you get things in writing. You'd think there might be an appeal here at a Federal level. I'm sure Charter has taken tax dollars to deliver broadband in rural areas. He may be able to go after them from that angle.

Yeah, and when the court cases are done in 5-10 years, maybe he'll get some service. Not because he won, but just because at that point he'll be in the middle of a highly populated area.

No cable company is going to put anything like that in writing anyway. They have absolutely nothing to gain from it.

eh, First World problems. Can't he just teather his phone to his network for faster speeds?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2015, 15:14 Retired

Blue wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 07:29:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 07:05:
Does anyone know why the Pigskins Pick'em page is showing dashes through the week 2 result?

Everyone's worst week is discarded.

I added it this year. It is a safe guard against missing a week for whatever reason. If enough people want it back, I will turn it off.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2015, 15:10 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:57:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:20:
Seeing as Porsche has previously been sued about this car and lost (at least the article reads that way to me), I give her a reasonable chance to get some cash out of them.

Memo from Porsche more than 10 years ago:

“I think it is very important that the man who has gone to technical training, at least is consulted before anyone drives this vehicle,” the memo read.

“Carrera GT is as close to a racecar as we will ever get. This car has all the disadvantages of a racecar.”

“You need help negotiating small inclines… You need to be aware of what type of road surface you are on (dips; pot holes, seam heights, etc.),” the document said.

While doing double the posted speed limit is certainly the greatest contributing factor to the accident, having a paper trail like this isn't going to do Porsche any favors.

Well, let us take a look at the driver:

Roger Rodas (born October 31, 1975 in El Salvador) was a race car driver and co-founder of Always Evolving, an auto parts business, from El Salvador. He started Always Evolving with actor Paul Walker.

Can't get any more technical than that! The ONLY PERSON at fault is the driver. Period.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2015, 14:48 Retired

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:27:
Retired wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:18:
Drazula wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:13:
Julio wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 12:28:
The driver was to blame, but hey Porsche has more money so they're going after them. I'm with Porsche on this one. Glad the two idiots only killed themselves and not others.
I haven't heard of a consumer vehicle exploding on impact since the Ford Pinto...

Wasn't it an amateur track racing vehicle? I can only ASSUME it was altered for such and may have had non standard gas as well as other modifications.

At the speed and damage done to the vehicle.....I can't imagine many vehicles would have acted differently. When you crush the gas tank, the gas has to go somewhere.

Gastown? Since I killed Scrotus, Gastown is free of his tyranny!

Drunk2

Without a spoiler, I will just say - worst end game boss fight EVER! The lead up to it was fun, but the end......just.....ugh.

I thought the most fun of the game was the missions in Underdune.

I did spend the time to 100% the game though. heheheheh

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2015, 14:18 Retired

Drazula wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:13:
Julio wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 12:28:
The driver was to blame, but hey Porsche has more money so they're going after them. I'm with Porsche on this one. Glad the two idiots only killed themselves and not others.
I haven't heard of a consumer vehicle exploding on impact since the Ford Pinto...

Wasn't it an amateur track racing vehicle? I can only ASSUME it was altered for such and may have had non standard gas as well as other modifications.

At the speed and damage done to the vehicle.....I can't imagine many vehicles would have acted differently. When you crush the gas tank, the gas has to go somewhere.

It looks like a lot of idiots crash these super expensive cars.

Buy the ticket, take the ride. No one's fault but the driver.

It didn't explode, video shows after 1 minute it started on fire. That isn't an explosion. It is probably hot brakes, hot engine, covered in gas from a ruptured gas tanks. Video also shows a tree and light pole in the median being mowed down. Taking out a lightpole and tree THEN hitting another tree and coming to a stop - that is some serious force, requiring tremendous amounts of speed.

I am sure the speed was calculated by the Highway Patrol when they drew it all out, but that is a very wide street on both sides with a median. Probably was over 120 MPH.

Oh, and the vehicle's engine sits int he middle of it to make it more agile, yet the vehicle has no stability control (duh) as it is a race car.

I mean, come on, look how hard it is to drive!

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2015, 14:39.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
64. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 13:34 Retired

I wonder if Roberts even walks at all.....must use some sort of special transportation device similar but larger than a Segway. I mean, seriously! THE BALLS ON THAT GUY!

As an outsider (thankfully) looking in. This was my first reaction.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 23:22 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 18:16:
Retired wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 15:32:
descender wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 15:12:
That the insurance companies can hike the rates claiming they "lost money on the single plans" because more people actually used their health insurance... fucking hell the insurance industry overall is the biggest parasitic scum on this planet. How their entire business model isn't illegal just blows my mind.

Easy

In fact. That page shows why EVERYTHING is screwed up in the US. Housing market screwed, weird, they are #3. Banks making BILLIONS while claiming to have nothing, weird, also #3. Can't get out from your underwater/upside down home? Weird, also #3.

Money in politics is THE issue. For virtually every malady. We can't have a proper political discussion about anything due to lobbying money at every level.

I hope you get State Farm to pay out Bats. Is your roof leaking? Can you sue (probably have an arbitration clause or something preventing you)?

Long story short, there is already a Class Action lawsuit started in the area for the storm and the damage. I will most likely be a part of that. I have every right to sue. If it isn't resolved in the next couple weeks I will start with small claims court and go from there. State law says if I make a claim that is false it is fraud. I explained to State Farm that the person that came out did not document the damage I showed him that was obvious - which would also be fraud. So I am hoping that lights a fire under them a bit.

Their tactic is to stall. Insurance is a cash business. They have thousands of claims in Minnesota because of the amount of hail we had this spring. They pay a % of them right away, then they try and get claims reduced hoping people will just give up (my claim is one of those), then they will eventually ok a claim 12 months later after rates have been adjusted upwards and they are once again flush with cash.

It is a total scam. They are known for it. My biggest concern is I do not want to go through a winter with damaged property. It is going to cause more damage. (I have some water leakage and the winter will make it worse)

In the end, the dude screwed up. He claimed my garage (detached) is total loss, but said no damage to the house or roof. I also have pictures of the hail (2 storms within minutes of eachother) that was larger than a 25 cent piece, and the ground was covered with them. It looked like it had snowed.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 15:38 Retired

descender wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 15:34:
I know lobbying is the reason... but like... way back when... How did the first guy manage to invent insurance?

"Pay me money and I may or may not ever pay it back to you when you need it"

Thanks but uh... no thanks?

Yea, and now it is illegal in most states to NOT have insurance on your vehicle and home. I have been fighting with State Farm (I know my bad) for wind/water/hail damage for 6 months. I have had no less than 6 companies come out and say I need a new roof. I have also watched more than 60% of the homes in my neighborhood get new roof, siding, windows, downspouts, etc. I was actually told by the arrogant ass from State Farm that came out that I had NO DAMAGE to my roof. Yet it was clearly visible from the ground.

oh, and don't go and USE your insurance, no sir! Oh, you made a claim? Here, let me just adjust your monthly premiums up!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 15:32 Retired

descender wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 15:12:
That the insurance companies can hike the rates claiming they "lost money on the single plans" because more people actually used their health insurance... fucking hell the insurance industry overall is the biggest parasitic scum on this planet. How their entire business model isn't illegal just blows my mind.

Easy

In fact. That page shows why EVERYTHING is screwed up in the US. Housing market screwed, weird, they are #3. Banks making BILLIONS while claiming to have nothing, weird, also #3. Can't get out from your underwater/upside down home? Weird, also #3.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 14:38 Retired

descender wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:41:
Those ER visit numbers will drop over time after this initial surge of people who never would have considered going to a hospital or doctor before they got subsidized health insurance. People are also visiting doctors at a higher rate, not just emergency rooms.

You really don't have a grasp on what happens. FOR YEARS people have been abusing the ER. YOU CANNOT BE REFUSED CARE, and they never pay their bill. Numbers won't drop, EVER. As P said, those who could not afford healthcare still can't.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Sep 29, 2015, 13:58 Retired

nin wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:49:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:48:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:53:
It's the radio equivalent of clickbait. He's trolling just to generate headlines, which works amazingly well.

I can't understand why people actually waste hours of their finite lives listening to the moron.

Gotta listen to something during that hour long drive to the office.

Try an audiobook.

I prefer music from XM or Pandora.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Sep 29, 2015, 13:34 Retired

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:53:
It's the radio equivalent of clickbait. He's trolling just to generate headlines, which works amazingly well.

I can't understand why people actually waste hours of their finite lives listening to the moron.

He blamed NFL player Sean Taylor for his own homicide. If you don't recall, Taylor was shot in a home invasion trying to protect his wife in their bedroom.

Her stated
Sean Taylor, great player has a history of really really bad judgment, really really bad judgment. Cops, assault, spitting, DUI. I’m supposed to believe his judgment got significantly better in two years, from horrible to fantastic? ‘But Colin he cleaned up his act.’ Well yeah, just because you clean the rug doesn’t mean you got everything out. Sometimes you’ve got stains, stuff so deep it never ever leaves....Just because somebody cleans the rugs doesn’t mean there aren’t stains. No matter what those commercials, OxiClean, tell you on cable TV, some stains you can’t get out. And if you have bad judgment for 23 years of your life, even if you clean it up, your judgment doesn’t get great over night.

He never apologized and still has this attitude that he is the best in the biz and the world. He is a douche. No one with a brain listens to him.

THIS is a pretty good write up about what a jerk he is.

He is no different than Stern or other shock jocks. He understands what sells and is willing to sell his soul to do so. Total garbage radio.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2015, 13:40.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 01:35 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 01:32:
Retired wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 01:00:
Skyrocketing Health Insurance Rates Feared as Decision on Premium Hikes Nears

Thank you "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act".

Thank you for protecting big business and their profits.

Hey, it's not ideal, but it was the best that could be done given the political reality. The previous system excluded 10s of millions who would waste billions at the ER, and was seeing 10-15% increases on an annual basis. This system is an improvement and is showing definite cost controls.

For whom? Healthcare costs go up double digits every year for the past 6 years. While incomes remain flat.......

People aren't buying health insurance. They couldn't afford it in the first place, and they still can't afford it! The numbers are super inflated as they now count those that are on Medicare plans as those that "now receive health care".

People are STILL abusing ER care. They know they cannot be refused care if they take the ambulance. Yet the rich get richer with guaranteed contracts and money, while the rest of us responsible people pay the bill.

40 years ago, a newborn bay bill with 3 days stay in the hospital was about $8 dollars. Today, it is no less than $20k.

1974 median income (in 2013 dollars) was 38k, 2013 Median income was 40k. (bls.gov)

Poverty Rate: (Census Bureau)
1974 7.7%
2013 9.6%

The more you know.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2015, 01:51.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 01:00 Retired

Skyrocketing Health Insurance Rates Feared as Decision on Premium Hikes Nears

Thank you "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act".

Thank you for protecting big business and their profits.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 27, 2015, 04:13 Retired

Pigeon wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 16:48:
Meanwhile Comcast is raising the prices for everyone else. What really gets me is the pricing structure; 3Mbps for $40, and 50Mbps for $67. Talk about a fuck you to anyone trying to be budget conscious. Actually looking at my last bill they're getting rid of 3Mbps tier, so the next lowest is 6Mbps at $50.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy's new price is only limited time offer and then after it's up they'll hike his prices again.

Minneapolis, 50Mb was upgraded 105Mb for $55 (have my own modem).

Hardware > Oct 2012 Rig Build
17. No subject Sep 27, 2015, 02:30 Retired

Retired wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:20:
Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:51:
Always fun to upgrade. If I was you I'd just keep using that Corsair HX620, it's a rebadged Seasonic and they make kickass PSUs. OCZ bought PC Power and Cooling but never seemed to do anything with them, they've been rebadging cheap Sirtec and ED Group PSUs for eons. OCZ in general is kind of a dodgy company, they were caught using cheap grade NAND awhile ago and their Sandforce SSDs were nothing short of nightmare.

Have fun with the build, I love putting together a new machine.

Well, the price reflects that, and I took it into consideration. I wanted a Corsair, but the price is double, and right now I cut a few corners. Oh well. WOrse case scenario, I can use my 620 if it craps out and order a better one.

Super excited since I am not using left over parts or parting out my current machine. Fresh build, new install, always fun. Also want to run them side by side and run tests, etc.

Heh. PSU went out last month. Had to run to the store and get a new one. Couldn't get it installed, thanks to MrGrosser he threw it in for me. Impossible to do PSU install one handed. Went with another modular, got a great deal on it, MicroCenter is a group of morons.

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 04:28 Retired

2. Ignored Sep 22, 2015, 18:59 dsmart

To view this user's posts click on the username.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 20:58 Retired

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 15:43:
Ignore the sheeple. Yeah, one of the greatest crimes in modern history was successfully pulled off by a handful of goat herders from the ass end of the world in spite of the odds of facing a multi-trillion dollar global military-intelligence apparatus, and it all happened simply because they hate your "freedom". Yeah, that's the ticket. And another building that was entirely unscathed just happened to collapse at the same time too. Yeah, so stick your head in the sand along with them and let the real criminals get away with. And JFK was shot by a lone gunman with a magic bullet too.

Rolleyes

You posted on Sept 7th that your friend had passed - and no one here showed you anything other than complete compassion. I contacted you personally as it is a sensitive matter and gave you my condolences. No one has asked why or how or what or talked down about that one individual, regardless of what it may have been. For some reason, maybe because you have a very pointed hatred towards the US, government, law enforcement, and many other things, you felt the need to piss on this day and the tragedy that befell almost 3,000 human souls. On top of that, most likely 4x that from accelerated cancers and probably another 40-50,000 directly impacted by those hurt and dead.

My mind and body are exhausted from the day. Talked to friends, family, loved ones, first responders, and anyone who wanted to talk today - a lot of people did.

I told one individual that I now understand what my father explained to me when JFK was shot and what my grandparents explained to me about the feeling of Pearl Harbor.

Your constant need to come here and be a heartless f*** because it didn't impact you, because of your hate towards others......yet you come here seeking love.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Blue refused to remove the posts of hatred about this day, it is his site, he can do what he wants. I am embarrassed to be a part of this site and the shit that goes on here lately.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 14:10 Retired

nin wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 09:44:

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
24. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 11, 2015, 09:13 Retired

son of A....folder showed up on a laptop.....with almost 6GB of Win10 install. F them.  

19887 Comments. 995 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo