Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17905 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > NASCAR '14 Pre-Purchases
9. Re: NASCAR '14 Pre-Purchases Jan 28, 2014, 16:16 xXBatmanXx

SirKnight wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 13:18:
Trashy wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 12:51:
I played this in 1994, is it still cars going in circles?

Pretty much, but what a lot of people don't realize about NASCAR is that there's A LOT more going on than just driving in circles. That's just what it appears like on the surface. It's a lot more complicated than you'd think.

The last NASCAR game I played was from about 1994. NASCAR Racing from Papyrus for DOS. That game was actually pretty good and I seem to remember buying some kind of expansion pack for it later. I still have the CD somewhere. I'd like to give it another go.

Yea we would fire that up at LAN parties and just have a demo derby. Was hilarious.

*snip - warp to 1995
Ok, this time guys, be serious, try and race for real
(2 seconds later)
HAY WHO THE F IS GOING THE WRONG WAY WATCH OUT!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2014, 16:13 xXBatmanXx

Someone mentioned GameDev Tycoon this week - it is on sale, 5.00 at Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239820/

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
3. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 15:14 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 14:50:
Yeah - "We appreciate we got your money!"

Must be dropping player numbers, they are basically taking the grind out of the game....not sure why they are even bothering....

News Comments > GOG.com DRM-Free Time Machine Sale
1. Re: GOG.com DRM-Free Time Machine Sale Jan 28, 2014, 12:41 xXBatmanXx

I am interested to watch my son enjoy video games when he is old enough. I want to introduce games I played as I think games like Kings Quest (was offered earlier in the sale) are closer to learning than a game like....[insert any console game here]....that all the kids would normally play.

Think back how long you worked on King's Quest type games when you first sat down. HOURS not minutes to get from one thing to the next. No tutorial, no help online, just your friends at school who were also playing it. It was common to take notes and replay games.

Anyone have their kids or nephews playing older games?

The closest thing to anything we played I guess would be games like Skyrim (not a great example, but sells a ton and is very popular) and those type of RPGs, but even then, it TELLS you where to go on a map. We had to just explore until we found out where to go.....

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2014, 12:10 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 09:38:
Bats stole some of my money the same way, Blue!!!

heh, I wouldn't notice either. Gearbox tweeted yesterday about the change as well. Not sure why this isn't an option in more games. BF4 even has options for diff types of color blindness. Makes it a lot easier....and it levels the playing field.

I spend so much time looking at weapons, cause yellow and orange outline is too similar. Same issue in Diablo and other colored tier weapons. It sucks.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2014, 12:24.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2014, 21:29 xXBatmanXx

*sigh

Conan just presented on the Breakthrough Awards on the SciHD channel - used "begs the question" incorrectly in front of the smartest people on the planet......idiot.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 16:49 xXBatmanXx

Kansas man runs into burning building to save beloved Xbox. Thanks HARDOCP.

Nevertheless, ABC15 reports the man only suffered from smoke inhalation, and dodged any long term injury or burns.

Not true. If he suffered smoke inhalation, then he just increased his chance of dying from cancer/odd disease by 1,000%. Go get em Darwin!

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Next Month?
21. Re: Titanfall Beta Next Month? Jan 27, 2014, 16:42 xXBatmanXx

Dagnamit wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 14:53:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 13:58:
Creston wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 11:09:
Wow, a whole FIVE days of Beta?

It's all EA's fault Laugh

I bet they haven't even put in a FOV adjustment for the PC version.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't have a few graphics options, fov included. It's the source engine, after all. I'd guess valve has been very cooperative with the development of this game.

The 360 version is almost guaranteed to be the most stable. That's where they're hoping to make their hay.

That is a no brainer - it is 6v6! Game is 100% made around the limitations of the consoles.

Yea, 90-96 if the game was setup correctly and doesn't fisheye.

News Comments > Starbound Patch "Hopefully" Wipes Out Wipes
2. Re: Starbound Patch Jan 27, 2014, 16:15 xXBatmanXx

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 15:35:
Early access game, where patch formats can still change. It's still late-alpha/beta quality and if you don't expect things to earth-shatteringly change you shouldn't buy it this early.

It is NOTHING like the Day Z scam.

25+ hours into Starbound, wipe doesn't really matter in this case. Game is playable and they are very open on what they are doing, did, what is coming, etc.

http://starbounder.org/Version_History

It has been close to the final product for a long time.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2014, 14:50 xXBatmanXx

New Dr. Who outfit revealed...  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2014, 02:36 xXBatmanXx

Snoop Dogg Poses With Firefighters Who Were Called To His Australian Hotel Room.

hahaha muthafucka just playin xbox! (controller in his hand right?)

So funny.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
51. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 02:33 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 02:29:
I guess the one thing that DayZ and Rust's dominance is showing is that there's a helluva lot of PC gamers that just love to grief the hell out of each other.

At least they've got their own games now, maybe they can stay out of the others.

*Ding!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2014, 02:00 xXBatmanXx

Damn, the over under for the drama bowl tonight was 87+ points! Never wanted to be in Vegas so bad before....I am due.....maybe fly out next week for the SB.

AND WHY THE F DIDN'T WATT GET DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE GAME!? Dude was relentless! He on contract year?

49. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 01:59 xXBatmanXx

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 00:16:
People paid $50 for Battlefield 4, think DayZ may not be as pretty but has more polish in terms of stability.

Trollbait +10

43. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 22:57 xXBatmanXx

Starbound got a big update today:
http://starbounder.org/Version_History

Looks like we are going to blast our old world away and update. We had turned off updates......dang.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2014, 21:13 xXBatmanXx

Acleacius wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 20:02:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 18:09:
....Man I would love to be in Vegas right now instead of this Blizzard Warning in Minnesota. Car says naught F right now and the wind is 20-30mph right now. iish.....
Get some extra long johns, looks like you guys are going to -40 wind chill! Shocked

School cancelled. I am daddy day care. No "work" for the rest of the week for me. Lots of stuff at home that be considered work though. Gotta finish the boy's room.....

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2014, 18:09 xXBatmanXx

Anyone watching the game tonight? I like the Pro Bowl between the NFC/AFC games and the SB. After it, I kind of give up on caring. I was listening to a radio show today they talked about betting on the Pro Bowl and how much action is in the game. It is 2-4x more action than a televised prime time college basketball game...which I didn't know is a lot of action.

Man I would love to be in Vegas right now instead of this Blizzard Warning in Minnesota. Car says naught F right now and the wind is 20-30mph right now. iish.....

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 26, 2014, 17:34 xXBatmanXx

FBI: US court websites went down due to “technical problems,” not DDOS.

Nothing to see here, just move along....

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 14:35 xXBatmanXx

Yea, Arma games always had a "clunky" feel to them, which is the best way to describe it. I also thought 3 was going to shore that up. I am in the same boat as you. I understand why it is that way, everything is on such a large scale, you have to give up something - it isn't goin to have the tightness of a modern arena style shooter.

Have a lot of friends doing the Arma 3 thing, not sure I will put in the time. Never finished the others.....

/I do enjoy Arma 2 Day Z mod....also bought it more than 1x to get the package. Have it in a box somewhere as well.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2014, 13:48 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 13:13:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 12:30:
Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 23:08:
However, there is something going on. Austim never used to be this high not even close. Now the CDC says it's almost 1 in 50 kids! Just 15 years ago it was 1 in 10,000! Prior to that virtually unheard of until the 1970s. And peanut allergies? Did any of you guys know anyone with a peanut allergy growing up? I didn't. Same thing up until about 20 years ago it didn't really exist. Now it's lethal for a lot of kids to eat a freakin' peanut. General pollution? Something in the water? Radiation? I dunno' what or why but something is most definitely afoot that is not normal.

fast food? drugs in meat and milk? etc etc etc. Our food is assaulted by chemicals! Doctors liberally applying drugs to EVERYONE. I thnk there are correlations that need to be looked at.

We also use a lot of plastics to house and store our food and drink, either before it gets to us, or after it gets in our homes. I've wondered about that.

Yup, we have been swapping out a fair amount with glass. Going back to old school baby!

17905 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo