Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19887 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Oct 8, 2015, 22:06 Retired

I don't understand why Blue and other sites continue to let this guy have postings and links. A cry baby who can't even finish his own games, let alone release anything worth playing.

Lets see.....oh, nice, look at THOSE STATS! Quotes praising the game to no end with no citations. Oh, and love the VAST number of people that play the game! Players max in the last few months is 12. I believe the game ever only had a max population of less than 80 people! He goes on to talk about how awesome he is in the forums of the game.

DS is a failure. So he feels the need to poke at others. He is a bully. Nothing more.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 19:22 Retired

jimnms wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 19:12:
Retired wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 12:49:
Anyone else just get an email for Amazon "Prime Now"? 2 hour delivery on items with a 20$ off coupon. Going to try it out.....(Appears Minneapolis just joined the fun, but other cities have been available for a while)

Interesting. Items appear to be same price as online, they didn't charge me tax (weird), but there is a "tip" amount included in your order. In this case it was $6.00, which I left, as the amount of the goods and the coupon made it worth trying. It also states the tip can be changed up to 48 hours after the order is delivered. There is a delivery time option which in the future time is FREE (in this case 4 hours from now), but if you want it right now it will cost you.

Interesting.....this could be a game changer. (It also appears to show a map of where the items are - which it seems there is an Amazon warehouse not far from my house!?)

I didn't get anything like that, but I might be getting same day delivery here soon. I discovered a few weeks ago that Amazon now has a warehouse about an hour from where I live. I placed an order on a Thursday and Prime shipping guaranteed a Monday delivery. I was worried Saturday when my stuff hadn't shipped yet. I got an email Monday morning saying it shipped with an estimated delivery the same day, and it was here less than 12 hours later.

It is weird, the item was supposed to be here between 4-6pm. He is a couple cities away, this "Ahmed" is driving all around I assume with all of his deliveries.....the program is like Uber, I can see where he is. But there is a warehouse about 16 blocks from my house in Minneapolis....so not sure where he got the goods from....

Bummer....was hoping this was a better product - not impressed.

//Dude showed up at 7pm. With 4 packages, but I only ordered 3. I called Amazon and they told me to keep it or throw it away, then added $10 dollars credit to my account. Not a great start for them....All 4 packages had my name and info on them. Why would you print 4 stickers for 3 items? Whatever.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2015, 00:11.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 19:13 Retired

I understand it is Beta - but is plays like utter pew pew console trash.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads
42. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads Oct 8, 2015, 17:13 Retired

Using max 1080 rez, the implemented FOV the lazy man's way. Gives fishbowl look.  

37. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads Oct 8, 2015, 14:15 Retired

Spent 10 seconds in the game and was instakilled in spawn by a strafer across the map ala the console vids we saw. *sigh

Other than gameplay:
Pros:
They have 3 colorblind variations
FOV slider
Can remap keys
Looks great
Ran smooth

Cons:
Although keys remap, you have to go delete the duplicate. wtf.
Was partnered with Half Elf, but we were put on different teams!?
There was a queue to get into a game!?

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 12:49 Retired

Anyone else just get an email for Amazon "Prime Now"? 2 hour delivery on items with a 20$ off coupon. Going to try it out.....(Appears Minneapolis just joined the fun, but other cities have been available for a while)

Interesting. Items appear to be same price as online, they didn't charge me tax (weird), but there is a "tip" amount included in your order. In this case it was $6.00, which I left, as the amount of the goods and the coupon made it worth trying. It also states the tip can be changed up to 48 hours after the order is delivered. There is a delivery time option which in the future time is FREE (in this case 4 hours from now), but if you want it right now it will cost you.

Interesting.....this could be a game changer. (It also appears to show a map of where the items are - which it seems there is an Amazon warehouse not far from my house!?)

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2015, 13:10.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 8, 2015, 02:27 Retired

Little snowflake was used to his mommy back at no one gives a shit city USA doing whatever he asked for.

/manager didn't do anything but escalate. Cops, bartenders, and waitresses. We all know one very very important life rule: You never engage in an argument with a drunk idiot. Just let them go on their tirade as you usher them out. (usually by the back of the pants or belt works nicely)

College has taught him an unforgiving life lesson, not unlike herpes. He better change his name - cause Google and the internet just f'd you FOR LIFE! Good luck getting a decent job EVER!

Not once. Not ever, has anyone EVER got what they wanted by starting a sentence with "Just gimmie...."

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2015, 02:36.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2015, 02:21 Retired

I don't think they would do a damn thing to him. There are some pretty high up on the food chain here in the US that deserve worse than anyone wants to do to him....  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 02:18 Retired

THE single most important part of that video with John Oliver on Mental Health

"fewer than 5% of the 120k gun related killings...were perpetrated by people diagnosed with mental illness".

Media is in an uproar when a "mass shooting" happens. Yet everyday more people die in Chicago and it gets zero press.

I am not saying either is ok, but it is sexy to talk about Mental Illness and Guns. Yet, nothing will be done about it.....sad really.

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads Oct 7, 2015, 12:09 Retired

After viewing the videos a few weeks back - I lost all interest. The across map strafe and fire kills......ugh  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2015, 08:56 Retired

Fired it up this AM, thermostat said 64 and it won't be warmer than that outside today.

/40 outside and it has been freezing in some areas.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
64. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 18:53 Retired

Julio wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 18:38:
Desalus wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 12:04:
To the white knights this whole thing is one big conspiracy theory orchestrated by Derek Smart.

It's not like Derek Smart was the first one to think this wasn't passing the sniff test. He did back it after all, when plenty of others knew it had 'potential scam' written all over it.

I believe over half of us on this site called scam within a couple weeks of the numbers becoming astronomical. We all pointed to failed projects and lack of responsibility by CR. We just don't have a full time job of asshatery like DS to go to the lengths he did. You see, MOST of us have common sense....

48. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 18:50 Retired

Orogogus wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 18:43:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 14:57:
2. Countries with strict gun control laws simply don't have mass shootings. Japan has not had a single one, despite having more mental illness on average than the USA. Australia had a 35 person mass murder in 1996, enacted strict gun control, and has had only one mass shooting since then killing 3 people. Great Britain has had two in the past 20 years. We average two per year.

What's the source and criteria/definition for 2 per year? It seems to me it should be much higher. This site suggests 75 shootings with 3+ deaths in 2013, 60 in 2014 and 54 so far in 2015.

I'm reading the links people have provided regarding mental health reform, and it seems extremely difficult to eliminate this kind of incident through treatment. If someone doesn't want to be treated, and possibly his family doesn't want them treated, then you're talking about the government making its own evaluation, breaking down someone's door and then taking them away and forcing treatment. It sounds highly problematic.

I feel like the milder step would be to provide a mental evaluation for people who threaten shootings, hear voices in their head, or exhibit the other behaviors described in those articles and restrict their access to firearms if deemed a threat, but at the same time this would trigger a political controversy over the government taking guns away from people it doesn't like. But forcibly medicating or otherwise altering their behavior doesn't sound like any less of a civil liberty issue.

We take guns away from individuals that commit domestic assault. They then must go through a process of getting them back with the courts - which they give them back, and we have had them use them on their spouse after the court gives them back.

The courts need major overhauls.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2015, 17:14 Retired

Stupid Coward taking away from the important article in etc.

Just Cause 3 Will Support Mods…

44. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 16:54 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 15:41:
Retired wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 14:06:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 06:31:
As a police officer, you'd prefer the people you deal with to be armed with easily available guns, or something else like a knife or a baton? Most police orgs I've read about support gun restriction. I'm surprised to hear you say it doesn't matter.

So punish the common person so that the bad guys still have guns? We can make all the laws we want, I would hate to see additional laws created that restrict John Doe Good Citizen from their firearms. We aren't worried about John Doe Good Citizen, we are worried about Shit Bag Mike that has been in and out of the system and the judge's don't do their jobs.

I have been working with the MN State House and Legislature for the past year. I have helped get laws passed (Blue Alert and still working on putting a back bone in the straw man purchase) but all of my comments (including phone conversations with Al Franken in DC) have been that we don't need more laws, we need to put pressure on the judges and courts to use their sentencing guideines to keep the gun violence offenders in jail.

corruptissima re publica plurimae leges
When the republic is at its most corrupt, the laws are most numerous.

I don't think we're too far apart here. Non-violent criminals should be house arrest, and jail used for longer violent crime sentences. I absolutely support Blue Alert and think straw man purchase violations need to be more strict. Do you support mandatory background checks for gun purchases? What about closing gun show loopholes where guns are bought and sold off the books? I don't know MN law, but there are definitely things that are common sense that we can do to make things safer without inconveniencing too badly law abiding citizens.

We'll never be like Japan, where almost no one has guns and the last time a police officer was shot and killed was 1990 (by the Yakuza no less). We had 46 police officers shot to death last year. A minor inconvenience to law abiding citizens to lower that number is a win in my book.

This boggles my mind, maybe other states don't do it as strict as MN does, but it is federal law to have a background check - so not sure where this comes from. I have purchased guns at gun shows, and all laws and rules were followed, I never said who I was, etc etc. I have also purchased guns from private parties from gun forums. I never said who I was, we each copied each others DL, each had a form to sign releasing the other of any wrong doing, etc.

Of course I support all checks. Again, that isn't the problem. George dirt bag is the problem. We catch him with a gun, he is a felon, that is a MANDATORY FEDERAL SENTENCE, which the judges ARE IGNORING.

The checks need to go one step further, and this can only be done through legislation and removing boundaries and barriers of "patient confidentiality". The shooting that happened here a few weeks ago, a rich guy went and bought a shotgun a few days prior to killing 2 daughters, a son, and his wife before going to the garage and killing himself. In a 2 million dollar home. Now his family is all speaking out about depression and what the guy was going through and acting like. He was diagnosed with depression, he probably should have had a red flag somewhere.....but if he didn't have interaction with police, no information is shared by his Dr. GOD FORBID A DR COMMUNICATE WITH BIG G TO MAKE SURE THE GUY DOESN'T HAVE ACCESS TO WEAPONS!

I grew up with guns my whole life. Everyone had/has them. Hell we even drove around with them in the gun racks in our trucks. Not one shooting. EVER.

The problem is so much bigger than "guns" - but again, it is easy to go after guns, because saying that requires no though process and is popular. It will solve NO PROBLEMS. It is a systemic community, ignorance, wanting to be PC problem. The worst of the worst are walking the streets because the judges let them out. Period.

One offs like the shootings of late? I guarantee you someone in their life knew, and did not say anything. We have to get over that. Just like we have to get over the taboo feeling of depression, mental health, etc. It is EVERYONE'S PROBLEM. People need to care.

Once personal accountability is put back into society, why we lost it I will never know or understand, then things will get a lot better.

Even the "Wild West" didn't have the homicide rate that large cities have - AND THEY ALL HAD MANY MANY GUNS! It is a society problem. We need to agree on that and address it.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 14:06 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 06:31:
As a police officer, you'd prefer the people you deal with to be armed with easily available guns, or something else like a knife or a baton? Most police orgs I've read about support gun restriction. I'm surprised to hear you say it doesn't matter.

So punish the common person so that the bad guys still have guns? We can make all the laws we want, I would hate to see additional laws created that restrict John Doe Good Citizen from their firearms. We aren't worried about John Doe Good Citizen, we are worried about Shit Bag Mike that has been in and out of the system and the judge's don't do their jobs.

I have been working with the MN State House and Legislature for the past year. I have helped get laws passed (Blue Alert and still working on putting a back bone in the straw man purchase) but all of my comments (including phone conversations with Al Franken in DC) have been that we don't need more laws, we need to put pressure on the judges and courts to use their sentencing guideines to keep the gun violence offenders in jail.

corruptissima re publica plurimae leges
When the republic is at its most corrupt, the laws are most numerous.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 13:53 Retired

descender wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 12:56:
Uh... woops?

There are TONS of laws regulating the ownership and use of a car to protect those around you. They are not perfect solutions to all of the things that can go wrong with a car, but they work to keep the average person from dying every time they go out on the road.

If those same type of laws existed for acquiring and using a gun we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Common anti-gun comments with a wtf thrown in. This is such a mess of comments thrown together that it doesn't even make sense. Not even apples and oranges. You are comparing starfruit with dodo birds.

The average person isn't dying everytime they carry a gun either.....that is about all I can pull out of that....

So we should be able to make our own guns? You can put any frame together, 4 wheels, and seats, and make a car.....there aren't' regulations and all that garbage to keep people safe.....it just doesn't make sense.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2015, 14:01.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 01:53 Retired

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 23:41:
The US mental health industry is a shame. We as tax payers should demand reform. If you know anyone who has been in the system, treated, or mistreated by it you will know what I mean. I am not asking for the days of old where your crooked greedy fuck doctor could have you committed so that he could add a little extra money to his monthly income. I'm just saying if somebody needs the help there should be something there for them. Shit we give so much money to people who are just too fucking lazy to work... why not help out those in need before they go postal?

Somebody near and dear to me has depression. He has been dealing with it in varying degrees his whole life. He was simply self medicating himself before seeking help. After he sought help they medicated him. Something I tried to warn him about. He felt he had no choice. It was the drugs or a life not worth living. Since they got him hooked on a cocktail of drugs some fifteen years ago his condition has worsened. He is dependent on the drugs. He can't function without them. The problem is he becomes immune to them after several years. Then they have to find another cocktail that works. Which takes time. While they are doing that he is going through a living Hell. Within the past five years he has been diagnosed with severe clinical depression by several different doctors. So the drugs and/or aging has made his condition worse.

If it were not for his mother and her finances he would be homeless or dead. In fact he was told by one of his psychiatrists that he should become homeless so he could qualify for better treatment options. Something I was shocked to hear. I'm not even sure what the Hell that means.

Bottom line from my point of view the mental health care system in the US is all about making money. Like everything else. If you have mental illness here in the US yet have no money and/or no relatives with money willing to help you out you are simply fucked. Why do you think so many mentally ill people end up on the streets?

We give so much money to so many others in need... why are we not helping those with mental illness? I'm not talking about getting them hooked on a mixture of drugs that have side effects like suicidal tendencies. Hell, why are there even antidepressant drugs on the market that cause severe depression and suicidal thoughts? That itself is fuckin' crazy! And what they are finding out is that a lot of these shooters were on those meds before going off the deep end. I won't be surprised to find out this latest shooter was another one.

I deal with mental health issues on the street every single day. Every single day. While this does not constitute me as a professional on mental health, I have a pretty damn good insight to the ups and downs of how things work and how people are treated, etc. Where and how they get help, what works, what doesn't. I involve myself in the Hennepin County COPE program. A program that helps some, but not all. Most have to want to get help, just like addiction.

It is very frustrating, the bottom line of it though, is that everyone is different. Everyone's chemical makeup is somewhere along this ginormous spectrum. What works for a whole bunch of people (the cocktail as you call it) doesn't work for a whole bunch of other people. I have contact with people who have dealt with it their whole lives that could be doctors just because of their exposure to the vast majority of drugs and their effects. It can sometimes take years, and it can sometimes never work.

Majority of our homeless have mental health issues. It is also still taboo in a lot of places to speak about mental health. It is one of the rare situations where your freedom can be taken from you without doing anything "wrong" per the law. It is a dangerous game of trying to help people and not wanting to harm a friendship or relationship.

I don't have answers. I have experience....way to much. I would be happy to see institutions be put back into place and used. It is not the cure all, but it would give help and solutions to the worst of the worst that have fallen through the cracks for years. Could also be used as an outpatient facility to give help to those who need it but don't require a permanent stay. The "system" is so overburdened with mental health patients that they literally ask them when they come in the door "are you going to harm yourself or others", if they answer no, they pretty much kick em free....

Guns? eh. You are bringing in a whole separate issue/conversation that doesn't solve the problem and just takes away from what really needs to be dealt with - not even worth talking about. It is easier to say lets take all of the guns away.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
69. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 01:16 Retired

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 00:35:
Ravor wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 00:27:
I'm tired of hearing about this piece of shit game, and it's like 2 years from coming out still...

You might as well tune out, then. This is going to run for at least another year or two.

Rigs wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 00:34:
Vall Forran wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 00:26:
More clickbait. WTG Blue.

Bugger off then!

=-Rigs-=

Agreed. When this goes down in flames, it's going to be documented, every step of the way.

This is right up there with claiming to have a PHD and the IRC flame war!

/Maybe if he would stop being all up in CR his Alganon game would have done better.....wait...who am I kidding......

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2015, 01:23.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 30, 2015, 18:32 Retired

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 17:50:
I'm gonna Uber-ize Steam Achievement hunting. EZ E-peen Growth, Inc., we play your games so you don't have to!

Already done.

http://gib.me/sam/

19887 Comments. 995 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo