Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17904 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 7, 2014, 11:45 xXBatmanXx

Looks like a really bad versin of Balloon Fight - one of the best games ever made.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 7, 2014, 10:37 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 09:12:
Destiny to be 'best-selling new IP in history' according to Activision.

Beat your chest, Bobby. "Grrrrrr! Look at us!"

Destiny? Never heard of it until now....not a good start...

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > Sledgehammer Gets Its Own CoD Title
9. Re: Sledgehammer Gets Its Own CoD Title Feb 6, 2014, 23:48 xXBatmanXx

Quboid wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 22:55:
nin wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 22:28:
Dagnamit wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 22:14:
nin wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 20:20:
Loopy wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 19:55:
I won't be happy until we have hourly CoD releases. < >

Yep. Spinning around the drain just a little faster...going to make that collapse even larger when it finally happens.

idk man. Each of these new CoD games gross at least 500 million dollars. If they they keep adding devs to makes these games, are they really doing that bad? Seems a boom, not a bust.

There's got to be a limit, at some point. WWII games got run into the ground. The next Need For Speed just got shelved. Remember how Band Hero and DJ Hero flopped, as people were tired of yearly music games?

At some point, there has to be saturation. I'm not saying it's this fall or anything like that, but I don't believe they can keep the forward momentum going forever. Certainly not enough to support 3 dev houses and the advertising each game costs.

It's good that they're each getting another year but I also get the feeling that this series is getting played out. Ghosts seemed to be received quite badly, particularly on the PC but not exclusively, and sales are well down too. Given how many people seem to rush out and buy the new CoD immediately, a bad instalment could have even more effect on sales of the next title - and start a spiral losing market share. Maybe Battlefield could have benefited but Dice stuffed that up.

6v6 kills Ghost.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 6, 2014, 18:04 xXBatmanXx

When I was doing IT work full time, I saw some of the coolest Stephen Hawkins technology at various organizations and people's homes. The technology used for blind/deaf and other disabilities is pretty darn cool. Now, trying to trouble shoot why there super awesome technology isn't talking to eachother - was sometimes rather difficult. They don't exactly have manuals and knowledge bases for that stuff! But was very cool to have people show ME how the stuff works once we got it all up and going. I really learned alot.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2014, 17:49 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 16:31:
“Bill is usually a pretty calm guy, so it was weird to hear some of that language coming out of his mouth,” the source said.

Effing lulz!

And meh bleh to the Olympics. So many of the "sports" are based on "artistic merit" which means they aren't real sports to begin with. As for the winter olympics about the only thing I really like is the bobsledding and biathlon. The biathlon being the only actual practical sport in the entire games.

Really?
Cross Country Skiing
Hockey
Nordic Combined
Speed Skating

Those are very grueling sports that take a tremendous amount of endurance, and really embrace what an Olympiad is. IMHO. (my spelling sucks today)

News Comments > On Starbound Mods & Chucklefish's Next Game
8. Re: On Starbound Mods & Chucklefish's Next Game Feb 6, 2014, 01:04 xXBatmanXx

Damn Starbound is fun. Thanks for hanging Cutter!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 6, 2014, 00:57 xXBatmanXx

SmyTTor wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 21:14:
But if they do indeed raise Prime by $40, or even the $20 low end, would that change things enough?

Asking myself the same thing. Putting together a spreadsheet of everything I bought - which is almost everything in our house except food.....

/don't even recall the last time I went to Target or Walmart.....

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
23. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 00:55 xXBatmanXx

bigspender wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:27:
Tom wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:20:
Another Star Citizen post, another raft of BN regulars pissing all over it. *yawn*

I've come to hope the game is successful JUST to prove you guys wrong.

if that's the case I'll gladly be wrong

+1

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
14. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 22:44 xXBatmanXx

I really hope they don't F you all in the A if you gave them money. This amount of money worries me.  

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway
7. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 11:20 xXBatmanXx

Maybe cause I am just getting up - but how is that sticking it to UPlay? Lots of games don't use it.  

News Comments > On Starbound Mods & Chucklefish's Next Game
3. Re: On Starbound Mods & Chucklefish's Next Game Feb 4, 2014, 22:49 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 21:13:
Top down games suck.

Than thank god it is a side scroller.....

42. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 20:04 xXBatmanXx

Hoop wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 16:28:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 14:51:
RE: PSH.

Whenever something like this happens, I'm always reminded of the line from Blade Runner: "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long." I don't know what demons he was facing, but I do know that many actors who are as talented as he was, often have trouble dealing with the believable personas they create for their movies. James Gandolfini did crazy things to deal with who he would become while playing Tony Soprano. And no one could forget Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker, especially not Heath Ledger who turned to sleeping pills to deal with the sleeplessness it drove him to.

Unlike many actors who simply play themselves, PSH could create characters and personalities out of whole cloth. It has to be stressful and somewhat mentally unhealthy to inhabit someone you're not for weeks or months during a shoot. So, while this is tragic, I was not living his life and can't judge him for what he did or what he was going through.

You are right with what you say but I believe ultimately it was this simple.
PSH is quoted saying a few years back when in rehab that he's always had a chronic addictive personality, drink, drugs the lot, all out or nothing. Now when you're a student & making your way up the ladder it's cheap booze & other peoples drugs, a ceiling of poverty that limits total indulgence. The guy never changed only now he can afford his own appartment to seperate himself from his family & all the heroine he could ever need, reports are thay found like 50 bags of the stuff up there. When all that money rolled in he must have looked at it like a loaded gun at the time.
TLDR:
Addictive pesonality limited mostly by what you can afford.

Well, he was a selfish prick then. In regards to:
PSH is quoted saying a few years back when in rehab that he's always had a chronic addictive personality, drink, drugs the lot, all out or nothing.

Guess it is selective? Could have chosen to be addicted to his family and kids.

53. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 10:40 xXBatmanXx

InBlack wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 06:47:
Holy Batman offtopic! Way to go Bats!

DROVE THAT SOB RIGHT INTO THE HILL DIDN'T I!?

I like reading the stuff....oh well.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Collection Feb 3, 2014, 10:35 xXBatmanXx

Klaus Flouride wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 06:30:
Finally!

I have been waiting months for this to go on sale. Steam didn't have it on their Holiday sale. I liked the xBox version.

Was free for PS+ members a while back.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 00:34 xXBatmanXx

Wow. Hate to say it - was very painful to watch.....congrats 'Hawks....  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 18:15 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 18:04:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:53:
Don't forget Lebowski!

Drug od at 46? Hows that legal argument now?

Yeah, he was great in Lebowski.

That part where him and Lebowski are in the office and he has that laugh, his nostrils are flaring out - cracks me up everytime.

/no no no. It was a bad troll attempt and a shot over the bow. ie: more drugs = more deaths - dryer, he had everything avail to him - he was in treatment.....anyway. Please 1 state in the Union allow everything, and all of you move there. please.

k off to party. internet off - watching game on a delay.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2014, 18:22.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 15:53 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:22:
Hoop wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:20:
My favourite PSH role is "The Talented Mr Ripley" if you have never seen it go watch it, amazing performances all over the place.
Don't care for Jude Law, but in that movie he's very good.
Meh Matt Damon, but in this, his very best effort.
Enter Philip Seymour Hoffman, Just Kick arse.
I think Almost Famous and Boogie Nights are my two favs of his. But I don't think I ever saw him in a bad role, ever.

It was a genuine treat to see him in any movie, and he generally made any movie better.

So disappointed it ended like this...

Don't forget Lebowski!

Drug od at 46? Hows that legal argument now?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 13:25 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 10:56:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 10:15:
If you live there (I have never been and have no desire to even get close to the cess pool)

At least you're open-minded on the topic.

The square? Yea, would never even dream of going there. Are there things I want to see in NY? Sure, but it is pretty far down on the list.

The question: Is there anything there that someone who lives in NY needs to go to in that area? Don't people avoid it?

News Comments > PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales
11. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 2, 2014, 13:13 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 12:54:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 12:33:
14 million times $25 is $350,000,000

Many copies were sold at a much lower price, but the point still stands.

Wasnt early adoption like....1 to 3 dollars? I spent something tiny amount on it. Played for 5 hours, never went back.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 10:25 xXBatmanXx

Kingdoms of Amular was on sale a couple days ago, maybe last weekend. I didn't buy it, and glad I didn't. Was digging through my free PS+ games and realized I had downloaded it in Novemeber and played it for a while last night. Wow....that is the game they made? ummmm....it is bad. It looks kinda pretty, but the FOV is terrible, and the camera needs to be zoomed away from my character.

Pretty simple game - going to play through it just to see what all the hype/fuss is about...if I can stomach it....I am just not enjoying it at all...

17904 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo