Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19356 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
12. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 10:14 Retired

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 09:44:
Oh, and BTW, if anyone wants a free Buzzard (in SP), here it is on the map. Hop in that bad boy and explore...

Just looking forward to mouse controlled shooting - hitting tires, sniping, hunts, etc are going to me so much easier!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 10:10 Retired

went out of their way to kill people without any reason

I disagree. A 4 second clip does not a whole story make. This whole thing started with a Ferguson lie "hands up" which even the AG has stated that was incorrect, witnesses lied, he never said that nor did that.

So you believe those cops committed premeditated murder? You are dense, turn off the tv.

why do the rest of you keep covering for them
Nice flame bait, won't bite.

I was sued once, and was told we would have to pay out cause "it is a black woman and you are a white cop". I was told that by a million dollar attorney of the city, by my chief, by the sgt that was there, even by a judge. Everything was on video, it was obvious she was lying, yet they paid it out. Our society has gotten to the point where people know and talk about it, "fight with the police, get a payout".

Everyone acts like the shootings by police are never justified. They make a decision (incorrectly) the majority of the time that the cop is in the wrong, just because they are a cop. Months later, the truth comes out, but they reject it. Even the federal government has stepped in on the issues and said it was justified - that is no cover up. It is true, there are a small fraction of these that are wrong, I don't disagree with that. But using a brush and painting over the whole thing with one swoop and saying we are intentionally killing people is a very dangerous stance to take.

Cops are getting in more shooting because the United States has become a very violent place, not because there are rouge cops going to work everyday looking to get into a shooting.

Anyway, I don't know why I bother posting anything, it is like speaking to a child a lot of times around here. People's ideas about cops are jaded because they got a ticket once and so they hate cops.

Tired of people around here pissing on my profession. I work everyday to break the stereotype, and seeing shit slung around here, a place where people claim to be of higher intelligence, is sickening. I wish I could share my current situation, but it would involve me telling everyone who I am - which wouldn't go well in this cesspool of trolls.

Everyone here has the opportunity to email me, but instead they puff out their chest and talk tough, dancing around a conversation and reality.

I am done.

See ya around.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2015, 10:24.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 00:10 Retired

Cutter wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 22:49:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 22:07:
....is it bad if I keep hitting "play"....but it tells me it is still encrypted? hehehehe

How's the hand? You gonna be up for some heists?

Probably short play sessions....

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 22:07 Retired

....is it bad if I keep hitting "play"....but it tells me it is still encrypted? hehehehe  

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 21:41 Retired

Grokk wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 20:38:
I really wish I could justify getting this for PC. I have it on PS3 and PS4 already.

I just don't think it will hold my interest long enough for online to play out.
I love the single player game, but multiplayer has always been a bit iffy at best in my opinion.

I have it on 360 and ps3....can't wait to play with my pc friends online. Private server, no griefers. Going to be awesome.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 20:35 Retired

23 hours  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 20:25 Retired

I can't wait to spend a metric s**t ton of time in first person mode just re-exploring the game. Amazing.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2015, 20:11 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 14:44:
There are systemic issues that need to be dealt with WRT policing in America.

1. There are absolutely "problem" police departments, and the warning signs are there if the Justice dept cares to look. North Charleston has had dozens of lawsuits against it for rights violations and excessive force claims. Ditto for Ferguson. There are probably dozens or hundreds more ticking time bombs out there.

2. There's also a nationwide issue that starts in police academies and is perpetuated by veterans: a warrior mentality. This interview with former police officer and professor Seth Stoughton put it this way:
You see really heart-wrenching videos that are presented as officer survival training, but the videos show many officers being brutally beaten or killed. The point of that training is to drive home the fact that hesitation or complacency can be fatal. The problem with that is that it drives a huge wedge between officers and the civilians that they interact with, and it dramatically exaggerates the actual dangers of policing.
I do not see it changing quickly. I think it will take a sustained effort, starting at the police academy. And it has to be sustained through in-service training. One of the things that we see in policing is that there are generational effects. That is, a lot of what young officers learn, they learn from more senior officers. But that also means that you can phase out different aspects of police training as older officers retire, you can change police culture gradually. This is not a three-month or a six-month endeavor. This is a 20-year endeavor, but it could completely reshape police culture.

EDIT: Also this from the WaPo this morning: Thousands dead, few prosecuted

First post in that link at the bottom, says something very powerful.

Though the officer be right or wrong, it appears there's a fatal flaw in reasoning that it's ok to run from the law.

Personal accountability goes both ways. I don't like to see people killed, and no officer goes to work wanting to kill people or thinking it will happen, but in more cases than not, the officer is put in a position that they never wanted to be in, and must make a split second decision to save their life. We then gets months and years to dissect and Monday Morning quarterback it, yet no one ever seems to look at the other person involved and the actions that led to the shooting.

All lives matter, yet no one cares unless a cop pulled the trigger....

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2015, 20:17.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2015, 01:27 Retired

Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 13:17:
Speaking of killers....

American police killed more people in March (111) than the entire UK police have killed since 1900

That's just fucking insane. It's seriously out of control now.

*sigh

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2015, 01:33.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
49. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 14:04 Retired

30.00 at g2a.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2015, 13:26 Retired

That M1911 video is pretty cool. I carried a .45 for almost 7 years (Glock 21) at work and still daily carry a 45 off duty (Glock 30), but more recently we are moving everyone at the department to the 9mm (Glock 17 Gen4 with modular back strap swap outs). The last 5 years the 9mm has matched the .45 is almost all tests. They have done some wonderful things with the 9mm round - and it is so damn easy to shoot and get back on target, it is an over simplification, but it feels like shooting a .22 pistol compared to a .40 or .45. I did add a nice hammer-less revolver to my nicer weather daily carry (S&W 642-1) recently.

Anyway. That guy has always made quality videos, I really like the SPAS12 video, shows a lot of different games in that one. I love how he drops a ton of knowledge on us, yet shows a ton of games the weapons are used in. I rarely subscribe to video feeds, but he does such a great job.

/There is just something amazing about carrying a .45 weapon. Something that has been around this long and was carried in the "wild west". On top of that, until you get into rifle rounds, the .45 has a very distinctive cool sound. 9mm, 40 and others have a pop sound. A 45 has a BANG sound. On top of that, as an instructor, you can often SEE the round going down range, as it is slow but very powerful.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2015, 13:43.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
15. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 22:26 Retired

Sky-Witcher-Rim?

So awesome.

660Ti 4038MB (a special edition)

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
27. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 22:01 Retired

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 15:26:
Dacron wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 14:07:
Morrowind 3:41 speedrun

I understand that's it's a "Speed run" but I don't consider these actual speed runs. They use bugs/glitches to actually do the run so it is not actually doing it as quick as possible. I'd like to see someone do a speed run without levitation + speed clipping. He skipped entire dungeons.

+1

Play the game, period. Skipping stuff is cheating. Period. Those "speed" runs are a joke.

News Comments > I am Bread Early Access [Updated]
10. Re: I am Bread Early Access [Updated] Apr 10, 2015, 09:45 Retired

Goat Simulator 2....er....bread. I am sure it is equally amusing for 2 minutes.  

News Comments > Free Elder Scrolls Online Weekend for Beta Players
19. Re: Free Elder Scrolls Online Weekend for Beta Players Apr 9, 2015, 20:33 Retired

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 20:47:
Yeah, I got my invite. I'll give it a whirl. It'll be good timing. I have to do a little outpatient stuff at the hospital that Friday so I'll be recouping at home over the weekend. What's the Blue's guild there anyway? Server? Guild name?

Ill post it in a bit.

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month
16. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 20:22 Retired

Julio wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 19:50:
Maybe they banned too many players. I know someone who was permanently banned recently for no reason with no warning. They did absolutely nothing wrong. Not suprising they're done with Activision/Call of Duty.
I find that very hard to believe.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 16:46 Retired

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 16:21:
StaticRandomNumber wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 16:16:
I am waiting for post launch where bonus is removed.

If you get all that in-game cash upfront you can go straight from BB gun to mini-gun (I imagine) or Beetle to Porsche, where is the fun in that.

Guns only unlock at certain levels/progression. When you walk into the gun store starting out, most of the items are unavailable. And you can steal cars from anywhere...

Yup, the only thing the cash is going to do is let you buy an apartment, some car upgrades (not early) and weapon mods (again, not early).

It is almost a false incentive, but having an apartment can be good to start.

9. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 16:41 Retired

descender wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 16:17:
maybe they will reveal they've seen the error of their ways and release a game in a state that people actually want to pay for.

HAHAHA... HA...

The only way that would be: Our own servers. And they will never do that again.

1. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 15:40 Retired

Something tells me they won't see the PC sales they have in the past. They dun f'd up AW.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
64. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 13:00 Retired

yuastnav wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 09:17:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 08:58:
I know what you mean about having all the games in one place, however about patching I believe GTA5 will be using the Rockstar client to do all that stuff and not Steam.

There is a Rockstar client?

I was a bit confused since it looks like nuuvem gives you a key for the Rockstar social club and no Steam key, or am I mistaken?

But yeah, 27 on nuuvem vs. 60 on Steam seems almost like a steal.

If you preload the game on steam, then try and run the game, it brings up a little box and asks if you want to run the game or online. It then attempts to contact the R* social club network.

19356 Comments. 968 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo