Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17897 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2014, 17:47 xXBatmanXx

From GMG

The Stick of Truth is almost here! To celebrate, were giving you your very own 25% off coupon* which can be used to purchase this insanely hilarious game. With underpants gnomes and hippies to defeat, you can imagine how much fun itll be!
Y08QLS-4GABBO-Y9CVEN
So its time to grab your book of fart jokes, remove that profanity filter, and ready yourself to save South Park from the forces of evil.

The GMG Team

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
45. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 17:46 xXBatmanXx

DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:36:
Glykon wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 15:33:
Hmm so you played all, from ARMA , BF, Planetside 2, Warframe, Defiance and all rest and this shit is the only one you like ??

ARMA is a slow paced man simulator void of any decent pvp multiplayer. BF is fun but the never ending beta status has really taken a toll on the number of people left playing. I couldn't get into Planetside 2 just herds of players zerging around the maps capturing bases - which were really poorly designed, something that I've noticed they're trying to address with the latest update. Warframe, 3rd person shooter? - yeah, no thanks.

There's more to like about Titanfall than there is to hate, it's not so fast paced that it's only for people with ADHD yet intense enough that leaves you with that "just one more game" feeling at 1am.

I can see why people would hate on the casual aspect of it, and the randomness of the whole burn card system would drive all the e-sports people to bash their keyboard in. Respawn has a really good release window, nothing much on the horizon either - where the hell is GTA V for the PC???

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:31:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN PREVIOUS THREADS!

If you use a proxy for a game and purchase in Mexico for Origin - you will make your account no longer able to add games. There are a ton of reddit threads about it, and I assume that thread also tells you that. They are cracking down on regions.

I have?

oh well, if I have to create a new origin account ~ whatever.

it's not that far off from what cd keys are going for

http://cdkeyprices.com/product/Titanfall-CD-Key

No, meaning I have posted about using a proxy for Origin before. They are locking it down. So if you buy a game with it, and your account locks, you won't be able to add DLC or any other game to that account. They mark it. Just a warning.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

43. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:31 xXBatmanXx

DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 15:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:43:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:24:
It's a fun, casual, fast paced shooter. The call of duty comparisons is only on the surface, customizing your loadout, unlocking stuff. The rest is different enough to stand on its own, no stupid kill streaks, movement is fluid as any unreal tournament and not clunky like CoD. The parkour feels good and isn't so much of a gimmick like it was in "Brink".

It's priced too high but I only paid $40 for it which is more in line what it should be without there being a single player campaign. It's going to be bundled for free with xbox one's starting next month so I suspect EA will go after mass number of units sold and discount it heavily on the PC.

The texture complaints aren't an issue, the damn thing is 48gb install or some such. The option for "insane" textures wasn't enabled in the beta, you'll need 3gb of vram to use it though.

I thought the game would be "Titanfail" while looking at footage and how it looked dated, no destruction etc but after playing the beta it's sort of addicting, something you can get a quick shooter fix from without spending a ton of time trying to find a half way decent game like you do with Battlefield - only to be team switched half way through to the losing side from some autobalance script.

The kill stuff to get to a titan faster mechanic is the very definition of the killstreak mechanic, except there is only 1, and that is your Titan....

Also where hell have you been buying this? Origin asks 60 euros, that's 82$ !

Or put simply, a complete rip-off in best EA manner.

The minions are there to harvest xp and lower your titan respawn timer, not quite the same thing as needing to kill other players and get a special advantage nobody else gets. The burn cards are perhaps the closest to there being a one side player perk but you can use them too and they only last the duration of one life. I see them mostly as a bonus for bad players to get access to stuff that you can unlock through extended play - some have a "boost" to their stats but again that only lasts one life.

Maybe I'll be surprised with what the "story mode" campaign has for content but it seems like a game that you can consume in a couple weeks time and either continue playing it or only go back to it when the urge to kicks in, it's so casual that there's no floundering around trying to remember how to control weapon recoil or anything like that. I sort of like that it puts "fun" first and leaves all that hardcore pseudo realism bullshit aside.

[url=http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1wxbi5/titanfall_is_42_on_origin_mexico/]

or greenmangaming with their ever so often 20% off codes, or other key distro sites if you want to.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN PREVIOUS THREADS!

If you use a proxy for a game and purchase in Mexico for Origin - you will make your account no longer able to add games. There are a ton of reddit threads about it, and I assume that thread also tells you that. They are cracking down on regions.

41. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:28 xXBatmanXx

pass.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 10:33 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 09:08:
Someone get major nelson in here for damage control!

So, without going into details, I found out yesterday I've come into some unexpected money. And for all of 10-15 seconds, I considered buying an xbone (specifically the titanfall bundle).

Then I was like "na, who am I kidding? I'm not rewarding those fucks."

HOOKERS AND BLOW!

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 10:32 xXBatmanXx

hahahahahahah  

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
26. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 17:35 xXBatmanXx

Nom4d wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:28:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:14:
Panickd wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 15:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:23:
Lets see how we can make more money, thus increasing scope.

The signs of a never ending, never finished project are popping up every week.

The scope of the game thus far (with all of it's stretch goals) seems unfathomably wide already, which doesn't generally work out well in the end for most would be games.

And I am pretty sure they always intended the game to be one of those ongoing never finished, only abandoned works of "art". But I would at least like something playable. This endless parade of "hey we got more money so we're making the game even bigger!" when they haven't actually shown anything playable yet was already becoming a farce but this just takes it to a whole new level.

Yup, anyone who has ever been a part of a very troubled project can see where this is going. Usually it is external factors (executives, marketing, the board, etc) that puts ridiculous requests in that doom a project - these idiots are just doing it to themselves.

This won't end well.

For those who have been paying attention, Chris Robberts has said that some of the promised features will probably not be in at the launch of the game (See a few of the '10 for the Chairman' episodes for example). The intention is to keep content and features coming in for a long time after launch. I get the feeling that a lot of people have their expectations all wrong. Also entitlement and impatience.

I don't have anything wrong. I also don't have entitlement or impatience. The outcome of the project means zero to me - I am not buying it. But my experience (vast) in projects (very large scale and small scale) just allows me to see through the BS and know that they have probably lost their way. Given too much money and probably continually changing direction.

I hope for the best for anyone who gave them money - but I sure as shit wouldn't be surprised if the game is released and it is garbage only to be promised "oh hay, don't worry, it is coming".

/shit - 3 posts from you and all in this thread. Fell for it.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 17:33 xXBatmanXx

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:16:
Lot of changes, I went back to one of my first builds when I hit 60 on easy which was a mini-archon build. Started right up in hell and am face rolling everything in my path. Probably helps I have 114k dps after the changes through.

Yea, crank it up 2 levels - hahahah! I have a Monk that was a beast and was fairly easy to rock on Inferno MP3, and now I crank it up and it is harder than shit!

21. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 26, 2014, 17:32 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 13:57:
loomy wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 13:55:
The new patch changes so much that it is basically a new game.

I'd say that's a good thing!

Looking at some of the class changes today, it sounds like it could be fun...

And hey, manual skill points in Paragon - awesome!

Jumped in - I am a little overwhelmed...and half tempted to start over....

24. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 17:14 xXBatmanXx

Panickd wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 15:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:23:

The scope of the game thus far (with all of it's stretch goals) seems unfathomably wide already, which doesn't generally work out well in the end for most would be games.

And I am pretty sure they always intended the game to be one of those ongoing never finished, only abandoned works of "art". But I would at least like something playable. This endless parade of "hey we got more money so we're making the game even bigger!" when they haven't actually shown anything playable yet was already becoming a farce but this just takes it to a whole new level.

Yup, anyone who has ever been a part of a very troubled project can see where this is going. Usually it is external factors (executives, marketing, the board, etc) that puts ridiculous requests in that doom a project - these idiots are just doing it to themselves.

This won't end well.

14. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 26, 2014, 11:15 xXBatmanXx

A way to fight script kiddies maybe?

Haven't had a chance to play - hope to get back in soon.

3. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 10:23 xXBatmanXx

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 23:57 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:53:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 20:27:

As part of the program, to protect survey participants and the public, it was important to know the extent of the drivers' drinking. To this end, a passive alcohol sensor (PAS), attached to the PDA with VelcroTM, was used to collect mixed expired air from approximately 6 inches in front of the driver's face

wtf!? Never heard about that. I use my nose....don't need a damn machine.

Around here they don't hold up in court and supposedly aren't very accurate.

Smell alone is enough to increase the scope of a stop.
Throw in HGN (easily seen even while in the car) and you have a solid case.

News Comments > Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users
9. Re: Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users Feb 25, 2014, 23:55 xXBatmanXx

I don't' believe that. Only 15% buy the game!? Spam accounts? There has to be another reason....  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 23:53 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 22:07:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 20:27:
Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 10:43:
I'm surprised only one person so far is suing over those roadblocks. I'd be suing!

*sigh*

As part of the program, to protect survey participants and the public, it was important to know the extent of the drivers' drinking. To this end, a passive alcohol sensor (PAS), attached to the PDA with VelcroTM, was used to collect mixed expired air from approximately 6 inches in front of the driver's face

I guess they never rolled this program out in Minnesota?

Can't, roadblocks are illegal unless the feds do them to catch a fugitive or some garbage like that. Roadblocks for the use of traffic enforcement are a no no.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 25, 2014, 21:57 xXBatmanXx

Flappy Bird demakes

So funny that Flappy games are a bad versions of Balloon Fight Trip in the other direction....circa 1984. One of the best games on the NES and a direct ripoff of Pegasus (Commodore) and Joust (Atari).

News Comments > ESO Beta Expanding
9. Re: ESO Beta Expanding Feb 25, 2014, 21:50 xXBatmanXx

Rossini wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 21:06:
Outside of the login/load issues, I had a great time in the last beta. I picked Aldmeri Dominion faction which I heard had the most fun starting areas. By the time I got to the north end of Audiron (level 16), I didn't feel like PvE questing and combat were at all 'grindy' the way I did with SWTOR and WoW:Cata (80-85) after a similar number of hours played.

Exploration just for the sake of it was well rewarded. Crafting seemed like an interesting mini-game with quite useful results. PvP was a blast (Cyrodiil is freakin' huge).

For those who haven't tried it yet, give it a shot.

Nice post, I am also enjoying it. The most fun I have in the game is EXPLORING not just running from project to project.

6. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 25, 2014, 20:30 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 19:21:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 18:56:
Saw a post saying the class change notes were 55 pages long. (not yet posted)

Holy fuck!

Linksil wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 18:58:
If the servers ever come back up... If you never played it would be an okay time to start. I'd honestly say wait until the exp pack launches so you can just go through the whole content at once, if your looking to get into it now.

I played for a month at launch, but I think I may wipe and start from scratch.

Let me know - been playing a lot. Me, Krovven, and MrGrosser from around here is all about I know right now....

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 20:27 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 10:43:
I'm surprised only one person so far is suing over those roadblocks. I'd be suing!

*sigh*

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 22, 2014, 17:46 xXBatmanXx

LarryLaffer wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 18:42:
I picked up Brothers "A Tale of Two Sons" on the Ultimate Games Sale for $4.04. I can't wait to play it!

--Laffman

I think that game was free a while back for ps+?

17897 Comments. 895 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo