Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 18513 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Sets Sail Thursday
5. Re: Pixel Piracy Sets Sail Thursday Jul 30, 2014, 19:09 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 04:47:
Yo BAts, what's up with the new avatar pic?

Feeling old.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2014, 11:40 xXBatmanXx

Here ya go nin!

Binding of Isaac gets better

Via Desctructo

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

3. Re: Pixel Piracy Sets Sail Thursday Jul 29, 2014, 18:48 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 18:35:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 18:32:
Really excited to play the final version. I played the hell outta this in Early Access then stopped to wait for the majority of bugs to be taken out. I wrote to them more than once and received answers back very quickly. I applaud them, and it is a very good game.

I came very close to buying this in the last sale but EA dissuaded me, plus I have no clue what the hell you do in it and watching 30 seconds of a video made it look like it may not be something I like.

But that won't stop me from buying it when it hits $5 and playing for a while.

They just released a new trailer on Twitter.....enjoy.

Lets play vids are great, the game takes a LONG time to get going and building stuff. Here is an intro.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2014, 18:59.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 18:44 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 18:36:
Any fans of Archer should check out Bob's Burgers on netflix...think you'll enjoy the cast.

Seconded. Very tongue in cheek humor. It is great.

1. Re: Pixel Piracy Sets Sail Thursday Jul 29, 2014, 18:32 xXBatmanXx

Really excited to play the final version. I played the hell outta this in Early Access then stopped to wait for the majority of bugs to be taken out. I wrote to them more than once and received answers back very quickly. I applaud them, and it is a very good game.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 18:29 xXBatmanXx

The answer lies in one of the best shows EVER  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 12:56 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:41:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 09:40:
Went to feed the dogs, and I noticed a few of the food nuggets had escaped the bucket. My wife was right there, so I held some up, and said "this is how we get ants" - the moment was lost on her. Still enjoyed it though....

That's a terrible, terrible waste of high comedy.

In all fairness....she had just got up....and although she likes the show - quotes are often missed. hehehehe

Oh, went to the dog park today with my posse......

News Comments > Borderlands Removes SecuROM; Multiplayer to Return
6. Re: Borderlands Removes SecuROM; Multiplayer to Return Jul 29, 2014, 10:00 xXBatmanXx

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 03:34:
Say what you want about Gearbox, but it's pretty damn cool they are going this far for the original Borderlands.

Very surprised their response wasn't, "But Borderlands 2 has MP....so just play that".

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 09:40 xXBatmanXx

Went to feed the dogs, and I noticed a few of the food nuggets had escaped the bucket. My wife was right there, so I held some up, and said "this is how we get ants" - the moment was lost on her. Still enjoyed it though....  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2014, 22:01 xXBatmanXx

Gearing up to throw the Gunnar-man in the tub for a bath. I know this sounds extreme, but we have a strict policy in the BlueTower that all dogs must be bathed at least once a year whether they need it or not.

Yea one of mine smells super bad for some reason. I washed the big black lab a few weeks ago, took me a couple of days to fix the clogged drain.....I think I am just going to call tomorrow and set up appointments for all 3....just easier - but damn is it expensive.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2014, 17:32 xXBatmanXx

Bleszinski told Men's Journal that games development helped him understand how bars and restaurants can be run efficiently.

What an idiot. He is in for a HUGE surprise....

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2014, 17:09 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 04:49:
Worser: I unplug the keyboard (usb) and plug it back in, and as I do so, my computer powers down instantly.

Hopefully not power supply. My machine at work does that when a USB drive is plugged in. The particular model we bought has known power supply issues. Need to swap mine one of these days...

I assume it is this Saitek keyboard, they are known for really bad USB programming. To the point where you have to disable certain USB drivers in the hardware settings to get games to function.....

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2014, 04:40 xXBatmanXx

Bad: Keybaord quits working after I locked it so my son could sit and bang on it.

Worse: After this fun time, we go do something else, come back some time later, and keyboard is not responding.

Worser: I unplug the keyboard (usb) and plug it back in, and as I do so, my computer powers down instantly.

WorserBadder: It won't respond at all and the light isn't lit on the mobo.

Smarter: Having the knowledge to let it sit unplugged to reset everything. Then plugging it back in, firing it up and everything is fine.

(still going to let my boy pound the kb. )

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 11:11 xXBatmanXx

Jivaro wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 11:08:
Jumped n the Destiny beta for the first time last night. Really enjoying myself. Might just be the first shooter I buy on console.....

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2014, 08:15 xXBatmanXx

YouTube star hit with copyright lawsuit, label seeks $150,000 per song. Don't mess with music licensing.

humph. Never heard of her.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 00:24 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 23:30:
nin wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:10:
mag wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 16:51:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 16:22:
What Happens When an Amoeba “Eats” Your Brain?

34 cases in the past decade seems pretty low. You're more likely to be bitten by a shark. Still, there was a case as far north as Minnesota, so Bats better watch out!

You can get it from tap water, too, if you let it run up your nose. Some of the cases were from neti pot use.

Was reading this last week, about one of the extremely few survivors.

Pretty good read. Did a doubletake that it was from Buzzfeed.

Same.

News Comments > Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House
21. Re: Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House Jul 24, 2014, 00:14 xXBatmanXx

fiftykyu wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:59:
Icewind wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:25:
Creators of Stalker? Wasn't it revealed that very few of these guys were on GSC's team and those that were just happened to be there in the very early stages and left years before the release candidate was even ready to be burned to discs?

If anyone company is "the creator of stalker" out there, it's Vostok or 4A.

This whole mess caused me to reinstall Metro Last Light. God that game is good, even if it is linear.

Aha, thank you for mentioning Metro: Last Light! Reminded me that somehow I never finished the Metro 2033 novel. The Steam page says Metro: Last Light owners can download a free copy of Dmitry Glukhovsky's international best-selling novel "Metro 2033", the epic story that started it all. Don't know if the "?cc=us" trick lets you add the book to your account if you're not in the correct region, though.

Hmm, now that I think of it, never started Metro: Last Light either. Curse the endless steam sales, keep buying new games before I can finish the old ones...

I thought it was a good read. But I am a simple person with low expectations when it comes to books.

News Comments > Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House
7. Re: Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House Jul 23, 2014, 11:30 xXBatmanXx

oh good lord. Some people just can't look in the mirror and admit the problem. These guys are full of it.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2014, 11:17 xXBatmanXx

so the problem may be that we don't have enough skills to do things correctly.

*ding

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2014, 11:14 xXBatmanXx

This kid is playing a bowling game at a bowling alley.

....with a bowling glove on....

Wife and I had date night last night, had been a while since we were able to do something like that. (Thanks dad!) Had a cool moment while we were out and about. Just when you think you know everything about your spouse, something pops up and you just stand beside yourself. We went to a local tap house and they had music going on. I made my way to the bar and my wife disappears. I turn around and see her talking to Lori Barbero. I had to do a triple take. Turns out they have been good friends for years. heh. Small small world. Guess she started a new record label and was in town to promote some of her bands.

(it is rare we go ANYWHERE in Minneapolis without knowing someone but this threw me off a bit)

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2014, 11:46.

18513 Comments. 926 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo