Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19337 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 14:28 Retired

To stay on topic, I feel the same Blue.

Off topic: At GMG
Vertical Drop Heroes HD PC Download | This is a Steam game more info
$1.74
23% OFF Voucher
23ISTH-ANYDEA-LEQW5E
&#8722; $0.40
Total paid $1.34

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 02:10 Retired

Forgot to mention I got my Hotline Miami 2 vinyl set a few days ago.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 8, 2015, 16:41 Retired

Cool Steam Gauge article. Click a few pages, Binding of Isaac is pretty high on the list. Very happy for them. Killed CoD!!!!!  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
30. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 8, 2015, 15:59 Retired

Going to try and fire up Witcher 1 tonight. Hope my hand holds....  

28. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 8, 2015, 13:00 Retired

Quinn wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 09:34:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 19:24:
I guess I came on a little strong, but I am a fanboi, and I thought most of you were.....I am not going to cast stones on a studio that has been so pro pc without seeing the product to judge. I have nothing buy faith in them. I am a little dismayed to see the shit slinging so quick.....even with console video, I think it looks amazing. For everyone that says it isn't about the graphics, there is a lot of butthurt about graphics.

Just sayin.....sorry....meds are wearing off....

Couldn't agree more with you on this. Someone points out there hasn't been any PC footage for 8 months (is that even true?) and it turns into a fucking lynch mob in here. I mean, come on! It doesn't take much effort to see that this game is going to be an epic hit, even if the last few months all we've seen is console footage. And also, like xXBatmanXx says, these guys are the only big studio that's extremely pro-PC. Hell, they even released a DRM free patch when the W2 came out without asking their publishers first. Fucking ace.

As for this vid: Awesome. But MY GOD does that Royal Wyvern look horrible!? Seriously, what. The. Fuck!? Those wings! Hilarious! Everything on that creature looks out of proportion. Horribly bad. Just... absolutely obscene.

I assume not final models, but from reading the books the model makes sense to me. Descriptions of animals in the lore are pretty wicked. Have to remember the driving force is magic.

I am beyond excited for this game.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2015, 00:22 Retired

Anyone around here dabble in art, tattoos, cool graphic ideas, etc? Looking to get a "no MRI" tattoo, and don't see anything online that I like.  

15. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 7, 2015, 19:24 Retired

I guess I came on a little strong, but I am a fanboi, and I thought most of you were.....I am not going to cast stones on a studio that has been so pro pc without seeing the product to judge. I have nothing buy faith in them. I am a little dismayed to see the shit slinging so quick.....even with console video, I think it looks amazing. For everyone that says it isn't about the graphics, there is a lot of butthurt about graphics.

Just sayin.....sorry....meds are wearing off....

11. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 7, 2015, 18:03 Retired

wow....u guys r dicks.  

3. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 7, 2015, 15:45 Retired

Can't wait!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming
19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 6, 2015, 20:29 Retired

Fion wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 15:47:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 19:13:
I haven't touched Guild Wars 2 in ages. Something about 'hey if you really want to level up, you take your character and go hit every single starting zone and go from there', not to mention I've hit several issues with under-leveling and then trying to do my story missions.

I've always heard this but I've never experienced it. I suspect it's people coming from WoW - the first MMO for most gamers - who think the content that drives the game is the heart tasks that are scattered around the zones. If you jump from one to the next - like jumping from quest hub to quest hub - and never do any of the myriad events that pop up most commonly in and around the hearts (especially in early levels), you absolutely don't get enough xp to level past the zone. You need to treat GW2 leveling as a dynamic experience. Everything gives you xp, so gather, craft, do your story, do events, stick around as they often chain into different ones and tell a cohesive story, explore every nook and cranny of a zone as the game really rewards exploration and get Zone Completion, which itself has good rewards and nets 1/2 a level or more. As someone who has always done this, I always out-leveled a zone before I got Zone Completion. I never once had to go to another similarly leveled zone to get more levels so I could advance. Oh and the personal story is now set every 10 levels and nets you 2-3 levels and decent gear for those levels.

Its one of the reasons I think some people dislike the game, it doesn't pull you by the hand from content hub to content hub ala WoW, (though it holds your hand more these days if you want it too) and a fair number of people just do not know what to do without that hand holding.

As to the Demo, yes Blue they aren't talking about releasing demos but rather that the Heart of Thorns expansion will be demoed at PAX East for people to play. Each person gets 40 minutes to try either PvE (new class, new area) or 5v5 PvP (new mode called Conquest).

FYI for anyone who might be interested in the game and missed the sale about a month back, it's once again 75% off. $10 for the regular ed, $15 for the Deluxe ed through Sunday the 8th.

Great post Fion. I don't know how to do it, and don't know how much I will play because of a life event, but add me if you want. I am pretty early in the game, but enjoy it immensely.

(my login shows "Welcome xXBatmanXx")

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
4. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 09:53 Retired

No PC Xbox Gold Fees......yet

So MSFT...how did Windows LIVE go for ya?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming
6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 5, 2015, 20:21 Retired

The game was like 12 bucks the week of Jan 23rd. Grabbed it - no brainer.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1097. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 5, 2015, 11:46 Retired

Anyone here streaming? Link to your steam account (add it to your library) and you can stream through steam.....send me a note if you do please.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 11:42 Retired

Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:41:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:19:
Huh, this is probably the first time I ever hit the Forum and Topic buttons but I am pretty sure I went on the forums once...or twice in all my time here.

Yeah, I always forget they exist too.

Lots of good sticky info in there I have added to some threads over time about mods, etc.

News Comments > Morning Patches
18. Re: Morning Patches Mar 5, 2015, 01:00 Retired

Drayth wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 16:12:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:43:

Right so an old game is going to have a high cost of entry, so we'll have to wait for a sale at some point. I think this makes more sense if it was brand new, they hype and all. But who is wanting to pay $60 in any kind of numbers now for ESO?

Except that it is a brand new game... for consoles. If it was free on PC's a nice portion of the console crowd would say F this game, that's not fair.

I'm not defending any decisions here, I'm just thinking this is the logic behind it all.

It also has more content than Skyrim....sooooo.......

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
61. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 21:15 Retired

I would love to see 25% the effort put into DoD in the new engine as they have put into TF.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
23. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Mar 4, 2015, 21:11 Retired

I started the first one 3 or so times, not getting very far. I then shelved the game until the books were translated. Then played a few hours of the 2nd one.

I am not done with all of the books, and am super excited to play all 3 games. (and have the time to do so)

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
18. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Mar 4, 2015, 16:52 Retired

So many great games coming out! I bought this directly from GOG last June for $47.xx - you can find it cheaper, but I was more than happy to give them money directly.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 4, 2015, 16:05 Retired

With everything going on I had missed the release date - I am pretty excited. I will be in this pretty deep since I can't play GTA atm. Can't hold a controller.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2015, 16:04 Retired

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 09:28:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:33:
Speaking of which I hit 40 at the end of the month...

You and me both. Last year I woke up and had a panic attack. Hope that doesn't happen again this year...

My wife was good until the afternoon of her bday. She had such a panic attack that I had to tell her about her surprise party just to get her out of the house. We were an hour late, and about 250 people were waiting.....

19337 Comments. 967 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo