Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 17906 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
26. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 15:51 xXBatmanXx

Beamer - check your email.....hater....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 15:33 xXBatmanXx

Speaking of music (post between this and my other one) anyone going to the Santana/Stewart tour? Thought about it....saw Santana with my father 15 years ago. Was a great show (and thank goodness for my mother, my father wanted to name me Santana - he owned a record store at the time "Sound Station 7").

Ticket prices are going to be ridiculous.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 15:31 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 15:01:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 14:41:
I respect Buffet for what he has done in the media and speaks against the class warfare. Having many friends who work service industry, gotta respect his attitude of $15.00 min wage (I personally don't agree - but I have to respect it).

I used to be against a min wage increase but after more research I've completely turned around on it. When you look at how little wages have increased relative to inflation and contrast that against the massive rise in wealth disparity (executive compensation has gone through the roof for example) there can be no doubt that the middle class need help. The dual income lower middle class especially is really in trouble and that means their kids are in bigger trouble. Higher minimum wages tend to provide an economic surge as well, middle class spending is the primary driver of the economy. I'm all for a minimum wage increase, I'd prefer it would be for larger corporations who can afford it instead of Mom & Pop type stores. The problem there is they have effectively no political representation these days and corporate lobbies literally shit money everywhere.

The biggest problem I think that would occur are massive layoffs as companies try to avoid that initial hit.

That right there is the problem. Corporations start cutting with their workforce despite executive compensation being totally ridiculous. Profit and at the top enrichment over all other concerns.

Well....the CURRENT issue with increasing min wage is that the small businesses just pass off the increased costs to their customers. So you are robbing from peter to pay paul. I have a lot of friends (service industry) who own/work/etc small biz, bars, restaurants, service companies, etc., and they have flat out said "the increase in vegetables has forced me to increase my food costs" and "Obamacare has forced me to increase prices" and "if min wage goes up my prcies go up" and "gas prices has increased my prices from vendors and I pass that on to the consumer".

How is that helping anyone? Increase min wage by 30%, increase all goods by 30%.....sooooo....

Net zero. I am simplifying it to prove a point (econ major and did a shit ton of research on similar topics, taxes, bla bla bla) - but I think a greater attempt than just demanding it be raised must be attempted.

Anyway....my wife works 3 jobs. She is a service industry gal. She has nothing to show for 20+ years of work. Is that her fault? Yes and no. She does have some investments because of a family member pushing her to invest years ago, but she is in the minority in that sense. It would directly benefit our house, but not in the current ideology. Min wage jobs typically (here is where I become curt and dismissive) are not life long jobs (they shouldn't be).

Can take offline as well, as I enjoy these types of topics......

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 15:22 xXBatmanXx

Getting me through the day..... this one too....

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2014, 15:47.

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 14:41 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 11:11:
Task wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 10:48:
I'm confused Beamer, Warren Buffet is a crook, IE, Legalized Crook, bitcoins or not.

I can't tell if you linking to a cartoon is a sign of a joke or not. I'd be curious to know what makes Buffett, who's actually a decent guy and actually concerned with job creation (of course, already being a billionaire with nothing to prove helps this, but it separates him from so many others out there) makes him a crook.

I respect Buffet for what he has done in the media and speaks against the class warfare. Having many friends who work service industry, gotta respect his attitude of $15.00 min wage (I personally don't agree - but I have to respect it).

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 14:39 xXBatmanXx

Warren Buffett: Bitcoin "Not A Currency".

Yes master.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2014, 14:38 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:45:
Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:35:
Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:22:
So all these "robbers" are stealing Bitcoins, which leads to all the bitcoin exchanges being shut down, which will inevitably cause bitcoins to simply become utterly useless and worthless. So then they've stolen shit that isn't worth anything. Yay?

Other theory: The NSA is doing all the 'stealing', because the government is worried about bitcoins.

You know Creston, I was thinking pretty much the same thing about "the government" or some other state sponsored entity stealing the bitcoins in order to protect their own currencies, interests or wealth, but not necessarily American entities. The NSA certainly has the capability to pull it off, but do they have the motive? Perhaps the global banks would have a greater interest in such things.

Hey, but we don't have anything to hide from the NSA so who cares if they spy on everyone, right? They couldn't possibly use that data for nefarious purposes.

I like that you make conjecture with no proof, then make a comment that makes sense only if there's proof.

the NSA has the resources to have done this, true. But code from mtgox was released and a five year old could have done this. They published right to the live site, and there was no version control so devs were publishing over each other.

but sure, it was the NSA. The NSA also hacked half life 2.

If the NSA hacks bitcoins and drops all the money against our debt.....I am all for it....

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Mar 5, 2014, 14:37 xXBatmanXx

Yea, I really want to play GW2, having all of the previous titles and loving them - I just can't bring myself to do it....I dunno....maybe I burned out on the first run of games?  

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
87. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 14:35 xXBatmanXx

Not bad. Only 6 blocked posts from a few. Lots of misinformation out there. All I can say (and i am by no means a hardcore Diablo guy) is that the game is more fun. Period. I dont' have the hours that others have put in, buy I feel my 300 hours is substantial and am enjoying it. The gear that I found and was given to me by friends (low level 60+) has already been replaced with just a few hours plays in the update. That is progress to me.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 14:18 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 08:47:
Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 02:53:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:12:
I always thought it would be ultra cool for Neo to wake up after he "died" in the third one and realize that the reality being sold to them was actually still the Matrix.

The stupid thing is, this is what they implicitly implied when Neo suddenly gets the power to stop the squid things at the end of Matrix II while he's outside the Matrix. I was utterly convinced that that, combined with the Architect's speech, just meant that while everyone in Zion thought they were out of the Matrix, they were just in sort of a DMZ, kept away from the docile sheep in the rest of the system.

If you all haven't seen it, I highly recommend the movie The Thirteenth Floor. As well as Dark City (bonus: directors cut!), filmed around the same time as the first matrix, and I believe used some of the same sets, hence they look similar.

13th floor was a great movie that a lot of people didn't catch. I still have friends i point to that movie....also Employee of the Month (not the one you are thinking about)

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
20. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 3, 2014, 22:17 xXBatmanXx

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 21:32:
Also I like the way they put "netcode" in quotes.

My take on that is they believe they are humoring us. They believe what they have far exceeds the technical definition and bounds of what we understand as "netcode".

So therefore rather then confuse us with something too complex for us to understand, they just use our term "netcode" to keep it simple for us.

In reality, it's just netcode. Bad netcode.

Like their updates for their BFBC2 games that were GB instead of MB cause they had to recompile the whole damn engine on our box cause they felt we are too dumb to make our own content so they locked the whole damn thing down?

Yea, probably the same thing. heheheheh

Still amazed that in 1996 I could play over a modem on a Quake game and the game played better than most AAA 6v6 (CoD) games and the last 2 BF games. And that was 10 v 10 or some shit!

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
46. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 3, 2014, 22:02 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 09:42:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 22:42:
I actually do use it for family, but we aren't in the same house. Family Share.

Sorry Batman he got you there, what you described violates the program TOS since you're not in the same household. This is way too limiting for me to get much use out of it sadly and that's what I would like changed, I don't think that qualifies me as just wanting free games or being a whiner.

oh well.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
76. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 22:00 xXBatmanXx

Wow....lots going on in here....99% not about the games listed...hahahahah

/65 tards on my tard list. Lots of them banned over the years (used the script until the update, then added all of those people), lots of them no longer around, but some are still very active. oh well. My life is busy, I don't have time for some of the garbage/attitudes - they get blocked.

//17 messages in this thread are blocked - and I have no doubt I am blocked by several.....

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2014, 22:27.

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
17. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 3, 2014, 21:28 xXBatmanXx

Biggest part of a problem.....admitting you have a problem. Good start.  

43. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 22:42 xXBatmanXx

Redmask wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 18:54:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 11:48:
Yet it works EXACTLY HOW THEY SAID IT WOULD FROM THE BEGINNING!

That's what people have a problem with and you clearly admitted to not using the program as its intended as well so I don't see why you have a problem with other people seeking some accessibility changes.

I actually do use it for family, but we aren't in the same house. Family Share.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 15:25 xXBatmanXx

Now I'll be moving onto Metro Last Light.

Have you tweaked it yet? Looks like crap on my rig - and it shouldn't. FOV is terrible and maybe its the refresh rate that is messed up. Was going to mess with it a bit and try again....

39. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 13:09 xXBatmanXx

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 22:49:
This is the biggest non-family non-sharing POS that anyone has ever come out with. LOL.

You see the problem is you are to stupid to figure out what it actually means, and it actually works great. Again, exactly like they said. Multiple accounts, one house, one machine. duh. Family share.

You make it so easy to add you to the filter.

37. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 11:48 xXBatmanXx

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 11:33:
About being whiny or not...

I think people wanted it to be:

"I can share my game library, they can then play a game from my llibrary that I am not playing". (Cool!)

That is it.

Not "They can't play any game from my library when I am playing anything at all.". (Limiting.)

So it works in the world of "I can play something from yours when you are off doing something else in life". (Again Limiting)

Yet it works EXACTLY HOW THEY SAID IT WOULD FROM THE BEGINNING!

35. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 11:05 xXBatmanXx

dj LiTh wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 10:38:
Or you know, just install a game for someone else using your steam credentials and have them play it in offline mode while you play it online...

I think they disabled your shared list if you go to "offline mode" now - cause we were doing that with Starbound.....then I said F it and bought it.

31. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 08:37 xXBatmanXx

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 04:55:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 18:33:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 17:59:
You don't have to give little Johnny unfettered access to your account to let him play a few games you have that would be appropriate for him. I hope you don't have credit card info saved on your wife's account...

I imagine these conversations:

Dad: "Johnny why are you so upset??!"
Johnny: "I clicked on this game called Mortal Kombat, and it loaded and I won my fight, and the game told me to finish him, so I did, and my... my character... BWAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Wife: "Honey, what is this charge to Valve, LLC for $3,530.43? Did someone hack our account?"
Husband, horrified, logs into Steam and sees that Train Simulator and all DLC have been purchased and added to account.

Well to be fair, if you were smart you would not link a credit card to steam... if you link paypal on check-out you still have to enter your paypal password. Which your children or family should definitely NOT know ;p

They also enabled parental controls. If you turn it on, no one can purchase while in that account.

17906 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo