Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 18538 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2014, 19:42 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:22:
PropheT wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:16:
Really sad to hear about Robin Williams, it's being reported everywhere now it seems.

Yep. I'm depressed as hell now...

Yea, well, don't go killing yourself. Cowards way out and I am more pissed than sad.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2014, 19:41 xXBatmanXx

Avernum Escape from The Pit - 1.99.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
17. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 19:40 xXBatmanXx

panbient wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:32:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:08:
And the room. Went. Wild.

I find this implausible. Those of us old enough to have lived through what he did and know who he is have little faith to strike gold a second time. Those who are younger have no clue who the man is since he hasn't done anything in 20 years. So, who is this mythical fan base that worships him?

A similar situation didn't stop all kinds of gamers from throwing literal millions at Chris Roberts on a promise of hype and hope.

The only question I'm left with is would a Romero crowd funded shooter pull in more millions from gamers than SC?

No. I won't give him 1 dollar. As I am sure most won't. SC people are dumb. (don't take it personal - blanket statement - they won't deliver)

15. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 19:28 xXBatmanXx

Flak wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:22:
Unless you're giving us Doom 2 with challenging AI, 40 decently designed levels, enemies that actually pose a challenge, weapons that don't feel like yet another shitty M16 clone (don't forget all the goofy accessories), and full 32 player multiplayer carnage with LAN/Dedicated servers...

If I ain't gots me a chainsaw, a double-barrel shotgun, and an ample supply of demon guts plastered all over the screen: GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE ROMERO.

+1

The problem is that kids these days only want rail shooters and twitch tiny room shooters. Skill and level design is long gone....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2014, 19:22 xXBatmanXx

Was just talking about Avernum Escape from the Pit, and it is on 80% sale right now. Great game for 1.99.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2014, 19:05 xXBatmanXx

Watched that last night. Was pretty good - and a huge eye opener. Really they are just exploiting the weak and poor.  

9. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 19:04 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 18:46:
And the room. Went. Wild.

Really? Together, as id, they made two great shooters. Individually, other than Carmack, none of those guys has ever achieved much, if anything.

Stop giving the guy so much credit for shit he did 20 years ago, people.

Agreed. He made FUCKING MOBILE GAMES. And his last PC/xbox/ps3 cross platform project failed after 2 years of development.

F him. I have no faith in him at this point.

Him and CB can go F themselves.

5. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 18:57 xXBatmanXx

Saw this when it posted - I kinda chuckled....  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2014, 23:17 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 23:03:
Pigeon wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 22:53:
What you do see very clearly is the kid getting out and approaching the cars stupidly close to yell at Stewart.

As we learned in I76, "Never get out of the car."

*ding

Although a shitty thing - it was the kid's fault. And I don't even like Stewart.

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
19. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 10, 2014, 18:16 xXBatmanXx

Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 17:22:
Ah jeez..The guy had to take a break, who can blame him? So what, everyone does. If he made some comments regarding PC in the past, it's in the past and were taken out of context and thrown/blown/overgrown way out of proportion. Let it be, move forward.

The main problem with PC gaming is the a-hole torrent users who could give two shits about gaming. They corrode the soul of PC gaming, the communities, and everything in between by stealing the hard works of game designers and publishers. That's my commentary, and if you think otherwise, gtfo of PC gaming.

PC gaming is and always will be alive. Games coming soon for PC like GTA V, Red Dead Redemption?, Farcry 4, Alien Isolation, AC: Unity, Battlefront just to name a few, will prove it again and again. Look between the lines and not the propaganda negative drama, people. One thing is for certain, whatever they will be working on will shake the foundations which games like Quake and Unreal built. I just hope it's not a tablet game.

You first say that torrents are killing pc gaming, but then say pc gaming is alive and well...make up your mind! Are you posting as a CB shill?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 10, 2014, 17:05 xXBatmanXx

Maintenance.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 10, 2014, 11:46 xXBatmanXx

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 11:45:
What the holy horse shit?! Stop buying DayZ, humanity!

Agreed.

On another note, I was gone all week, so I need to catchup on news, but looks like Insurgency had a fairly large update. Excited to jump back into that.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 10, 2014, 11:08 xXBatmanXx

Vizio recalls 245,000 HDTVs to fix stands that might let them tip over. Thanks HARDOCP.

User error.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 10, 2014, 11:05 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 10:55:
Good for them. The NCAA has been raping these kids for far too long. Yet another corrupt, multi-billion dollar 501c that needs its status revoked and to start paying taxes.

I agree, but I am worried about the secondary and tertiary issues this is going to cause. Most importantly, I think there needs to be substantial amount of money put into an oversight committee to make sure these kids are actually going to class and LEARNING and PASSING classes. If not, then remove them.

Take it one step further, I think there should be an organization that holds licenses for pro sports players. Similar to what I have for my POST license as an officer. There are certain standards and requirements. Then, if you violate your license status (drugs, guns, domestic, killing dogs, etc etc etc) your license is revoked via a hearing and a LEGITIMATE process and you are no longer allowed to play professional sports in the US.

Gotta clean this shit up man. Kids look up to these clowns.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2014, 10:41 xXBatmanXx

Not sure how I missed them - kind of odd, but fired up the Avernum series last night, having a blast. Usually not a fan of turned base combat, but so far I am enjoying myself.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 17:56 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 16:44:
So my fingernail finally fell off from my accident a month ago and if you've ever wondered what a finger looks like without one it's pretty damn weird. Alien, is the word that comes to mind. It's strange we have them to begin with. I understand the practicality of claws or talons, but fingernails are all but useless to those outside the mani/pedi business.

I once thought about having all of mine removed - I figured the time and energy saved from clipping, etc was worth it. Then Someone told me they would grow back anyway.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 13:21 xXBatmanXx

Was at Camp Ripley all week for training, and the first day had a BluesNews moment. I was sitting on the crapper and realized that we had ants.....I actually chuckled a bit.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2014, 19:49 xXBatmanXx

I always talk about moving out of the city with the boy getting older - once he is of age to go to some sort of school or preschool. But damn it is nice to be able to walk to no less than 4 tap rooms and countless other things, stuff you would never be able to do outside of the city limits.

Sacrifices we make I guess.....still going to sell the house and move. Boy needs an education and Minneapolis schools suck balls.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2014, 19:39 xXBatmanXx

Went for a nice walk, had this for a snack with my Zero Hour beer from 612 Brew

Wife had the tacos and the Gateway Park from 612.

Then we walked down to Indeed Brewing and had blueberry muffins from Gastro Truck with our Midnight Ryder coffee brew and Mexican Honey brew. Was friggen amazing. Followed that up with a Saison and their Shenanigans.

Muffins n beer. hhahahahha

Was a nice walk through the hood and the company (wife and boy) was great.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2014, 19:47.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
37. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 19:32 xXBatmanXx

are selling for $90.00 USD (actual game and happy endings not included).

Badumpcha. Love it.

18538 Comments. 927 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo