Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19447 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2015, 11:08 Retired

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
59. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 24, 2015, 21:42 Retired

Rigs wrote on May 23, 2015, 02:22:
So now I have a new 'wrinkle' in this whole saga of getting this game to run right on my system. Before it would crash after about 10 minutes, as I've explained before. I updated to the 1.03 patch, gave the game it's own profile in the AMD Cat Control Panel and set it to 'High Performance'. I've tried just about every single suggestion here and elsewhere short of upgrading my BIOS and underclocking my video card. (I'm not against doing that, I just haven't gotten around to installing Afterburner and testing it)

However, after patching it up to 1.03, I found that it did crash after about 15 minutes, allowing me to get into the prologue and through the combat tutorial but then it straight locked up just when I thought it was actually going to finally work.

(Slight, slight SPOILER!: The exact spot is when you're on the horse following your companion through the ransacked little villages and encounter two wolves and then you get to a bridge. Right there, in the middle of the bridge, it locked)

But after it locked, the sound continued and I was able to alt-tab and then close it out. In this way, no crash log was made. Apparently, this is another well-known crash/freeze bug and I'm currently making my way through this forum thread to see if anyone has found a fix for this. Whether the other problem has been fixed and now I just have this one instead or I have both, I'm not sure...I'll update when I know more... Sigh

=-Rigs-=

Clock your card down, you are getting what I was having.

In that post I recommended -100, but I have been messing with it and played for 2 hours no issues setting them to -80

News Comments > Game Reviews
21. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 23:41 Retired

Task wrote on May 23, 2015, 18:15:
Also sort of on topic, but if ya'll bluers want to see what the collector's edition looks like I finally received my copy today!

Unboxed Collector's edition (PC)
Thank you note from CD Projekt
This box is huge!

Awesome!

20. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 23:40 Retired

Krovven wrote on May 23, 2015, 16:26:
I never once felt like I won any of my fights with skill, I never once aimed a sword blow or when fighting a group was able to execute a precise attack of one guy, block another and then maybe stun a third, it was not because I lacked the skill, it was because such moves are impossible in this game.

This is from his post in the thread on this video.

It just demonstrates how fucking stupid and idiotic he is. If he isn't winning fights due to skill...it is because of his lack of skill. Watching him fight is painful. He is awful at it and it's not due to the controls.

He can't defeat the Griffin on Easy and has to go back later after leveling up? Wow, just wow. I'm playing on the 2nd hardest difficulty and I'm always fighting stuff that is many levels higher than I am...and I win. Why? Because I don't suck and I use tactics and not just jump in flailing my sword around hoping for a hit. And I don't use the lock on target function.

*Ding

Let me guess, he probably did a video about how bad Bloodbourne is cause he can't just run in and kill stuff.....

/If you read the info about each opponent, makes the game very manageable to beat higher level enemies. On top of that, reading, lore, books, etc., is part of what sucks you into the experience. This isn't Super Mario Brothers.

3. Re: Game Reviews May 22, 2015, 21:09 Retired

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on NY Daily News.

Cause that is where I go to get my definitive review of games!

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 22, 2015, 18:45 Retired

7. Cracked loves creating click through slide shows for profit  

54. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 22, 2015, 14:58 Retired

Rigs wrote on May 22, 2015, 12:54:
InBlack wrote on May 22, 2015, 09:10:
Rigs when was the last time you cleaned you CPU Cooler/Fan combo? The reason I ask is because you mention that you have an old MB, and you leave your PC on 24/7 (major dust bunny magnet) so maybe it's been a while. I used to have similar crashes/freezes/lockups in games until I cleaned my CPU/FAN/COOLER (and reapplied thermal paste).

I know this sounds far fetched, but give it a go, it takes two minutes to vacum cleane the fan/cooler at least.

Again, thank you for the suggestion, however, I'm way ahead of you on that...lol. The system is older but it's been in three different cases since I built it in 2010, each one a bigger enclosure class - Mini-ITX, mATX and finally plain ol' ATX. The system sits here on the left side of my desk, with it's left side panel off and two small desk fans (about 6" across) sit next to it blowing cool air on the video card and hard drives. It just had a full cleaning when I reinstalled Windows8 last year and while it might be a little dusty, it's certainly not clogged with dust or dirt or hair or anything like that. I watch this thing like a hawk....or an over-protective father, whichever. It does stay on pretty much 24/7 and it is possible that it could use a new layer of thermal paste. That hasn't been redone since it was built. Aside from another case fan behind the CPU, it's only got the retail box supplied fan and heatsink.

The GPU's fan (an XFX 'Ghost Core' HD7850/1gb) was replaced in September as the previous fan stopped spinning after about 10 months. Since then it's worked fine.

Still, like I said, I do appreciate the suggestions. There could definitely be something I've missed that is obvious to another set of brains/eyes...

=-Rigs-=

You try turning the clock on your GPU DOWN?

It fixed my black screen - game is very hard on GPUs. Even at medium everything for me card maxes out and pegs 97%

http://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/613958868353590238/

This comment was edited on May 22, 2015, 16:31.

37. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 20:04 Retired

KilrathiAce wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:51:
Can they patch the gameplay?
https://youtu.be/QIeEZeKN8JE

That guy is playing on Easy.
His attempt to be Angry Gamer or Yahtzee is very poorly implemented.

Anyone that has played the game knows that guy has no idea what he is talking about.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released
9. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released May 21, 2015, 16:03 Retired

The Half Elf wrote on May 21, 2015, 14:43:
Yeah but how does it run on a non-SLI system? Last I heard a few weeks ago, it wasn't looking too good. Did they get multiplayer in yet?

Runs really well on my system, always has.

i5-2500k 3.3 base - OCd to over 4 (water cooled)
660Ti 4GB (April drivers)
Win 7

I played for a few hours recently with no issues and had a blast. Was going to try the full retail tonight hopefully. I'll hit ya up.

(Truly captures what made the previous games a blast)

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 16:11.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
34. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 11:26 Retired

Patch 1.03 is out.

Hello

Please downland and install the 1.03 patch and check if the issue persists.
It is advised to update the game using the Galaxy Client:
http://www.gog.com/galaxy

You can also download the patch from your account:
https://www.gog.com/account
and install it manually.

Please check if the issue persists if you lower the graphics settings.

Please also try disabling VSync, turning hardware cursor off and setting the framerate cap to unlimited.

Switching between fullscreen and borderless windowed mode might also help.

In case of technical, gameplay issues or bugs, please contact the official support for the game:
http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/?support-product=wild_hunt

Regards
Genoan

GOG.com Support

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 10:25 Retired

Cheers!

/signing off

See ya on Steam and in game.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
12. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 10:14 Retired

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 09:44:
Oh, and BTW, if anyone wants a free Buzzard (in SP), here it is on the map. Hop in that bad boy and explore...

Just looking forward to mouse controlled shooting - hitting tires, sniping, hunts, etc are going to me so much easier!

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 10:10 Retired

went out of their way to kill people without any reason

I disagree. A 4 second clip does not a whole story make. This whole thing started with a Ferguson lie "hands up" which even the AG has stated that was incorrect, witnesses lied, he never said that nor did that.

So you believe those cops committed premeditated murder? You are dense, turn off the tv.

why do the rest of you keep covering for them
Nice flame bait, won't bite.

I was sued once, and was told we would have to pay out cause "it is a black woman and you are a white cop". I was told that by a million dollar attorney of the city, by my chief, by the sgt that was there, even by a judge. Everything was on video, it was obvious she was lying, yet they paid it out. Our society has gotten to the point where people know and talk about it, "fight with the police, get a payout".

Everyone acts like the shootings by police are never justified. They make a decision (incorrectly) the majority of the time that the cop is in the wrong, just because they are a cop. Months later, the truth comes out, but they reject it. Even the federal government has stepped in on the issues and said it was justified - that is no cover up. It is true, there are a small fraction of these that are wrong, I don't disagree with that. But using a brush and painting over the whole thing with one swoop and saying we are intentionally killing people is a very dangerous stance to take.

Cops are getting in more shooting because the United States has become a very violent place, not because there are rouge cops going to work everyday looking to get into a shooting.

Anyway, I don't know why I bother posting anything, it is like speaking to a child a lot of times around here. People's ideas about cops are jaded because they got a ticket once and so they hate cops.

Tired of people around here pissing on my profession. I work everyday to break the stereotype, and seeing shit slung around here, a place where people claim to be of higher intelligence, is sickening. I wish I could share my current situation, but it would involve me telling everyone who I am - which wouldn't go well in this cesspool of trolls.

Everyone here has the opportunity to email me, but instead they puff out their chest and talk tough, dancing around a conversation and reality.

I am done.

See ya around.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2015, 10:24.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 00:10 Retired

Cutter wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 22:49:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 22:07:
....is it bad if I keep hitting "play"....but it tells me it is still encrypted? hehehehe

How's the hand? You gonna be up for some heists?

Probably short play sessions....

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 22:07 Retired

....is it bad if I keep hitting "play"....but it tells me it is still encrypted? hehehehe  

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 21:41 Retired

Grokk wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 20:38:
I really wish I could justify getting this for PC. I have it on PS3 and PS4 already.

I just don't think it will hold my interest long enough for online to play out.
I love the single player game, but multiplayer has always been a bit iffy at best in my opinion.

I have it on 360 and ps3....can't wait to play with my pc friends online. Private server, no griefers. Going to be awesome.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 20:35 Retired

23 hours  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 20:25 Retired

I can't wait to spend a metric s**t ton of time in first person mode just re-exploring the game. Amazing.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2015, 20:11 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 14:44:
There are systemic issues that need to be dealt with WRT policing in America.

1. There are absolutely "problem" police departments, and the warning signs are there if the Justice dept cares to look. North Charleston has had dozens of lawsuits against it for rights violations and excessive force claims. Ditto for Ferguson. There are probably dozens or hundreds more ticking time bombs out there.

2. There's also a nationwide issue that starts in police academies and is perpetuated by veterans: a warrior mentality. This interview with former police officer and professor Seth Stoughton put it this way:
You see really heart-wrenching videos that are presented as officer survival training, but the videos show many officers being brutally beaten or killed. The point of that training is to drive home the fact that hesitation or complacency can be fatal. The problem with that is that it drives a huge wedge between officers and the civilians that they interact with, and it dramatically exaggerates the actual dangers of policing.
I do not see it changing quickly. I think it will take a sustained effort, starting at the police academy. And it has to be sustained through in-service training. One of the things that we see in policing is that there are generational effects. That is, a lot of what young officers learn, they learn from more senior officers. But that also means that you can phase out different aspects of police training as older officers retire, you can change police culture gradually. This is not a three-month or a six-month endeavor. This is a 20-year endeavor, but it could completely reshape police culture.

EDIT: Also this from the WaPo this morning: Thousands dead, few prosecuted

First post in that link at the bottom, says something very powerful.

Though the officer be right or wrong, it appears there's a fatal flaw in reasoning that it's ok to run from the law.

Personal accountability goes both ways. I don't like to see people killed, and no officer goes to work wanting to kill people or thinking it will happen, but in more cases than not, the officer is put in a position that they never wanted to be in, and must make a split second decision to save their life. We then gets months and years to dissect and Monday Morning quarterback it, yet no one ever seems to look at the other person involved and the actions that led to the shooting.

All lives matter, yet no one cares unless a cop pulled the trigger....

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2015, 20:17.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2015, 01:27 Retired

Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 13:17:
Speaking of killers....

American police killed more people in March (111) than the entire UK police have killed since 1900

That's just fucking insane. It's seriously out of control now.

*sigh

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2015, 01:33.

19447 Comments. 973 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo