Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr BS

Real Name Mr BS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname xXBatmanXx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4149603
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 18478 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2014, 13:34 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 13:13:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 13:04:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:23:
Ugh. Sounds rather horrific, Blue. Glad it's passed. I think I've only had it once in my life (I'll spare you the gory details, but the scary part was feeling my kidneys throb to my pulse).

? not sure it was food poisoning, maybe something just didn't agree with you......as it usually lasts a lot longer. (sometimes DAYS) I once got it while in South Dakota, was in bed for 1.5 days, and had to drive back with it. Was horrible.

(All right, you asked for it ) Considering my body was also attempting to expel things from both ends at the same time, violently, I'm pretty sure it was food poisoning.

hhwhhehehe no was directed at Blue.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2014, 13:04 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:23:
Ugh. Sounds rather horrific, Blue. Glad it's passed. I think I've only had it once in my life (I'll spare you the gory details, but the scary part was feeling my kidneys throb to my pulse).

? not sure it was food poisoning, maybe something just didn't agree with you......as it usually lasts a lot longer. (sometimes DAYS) I once got it while in South Dakota, was in bed for 1.5 days, and had to drive back with it. Was horrible.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 3, 2014, 13:02 xXBatmanXx

After 12 minutes on hold, I just went online and cancelled my account. We will see how long it takes them to call. hahahahahah

/breaks out the free Comcast box from a promo deal 6 months ago that I am not using.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 3, 2014, 12:37 xXBatmanXx

DirecTV Gears Up For 4K

DirecTV is about to gear uyp for my cancel. $197.00 this month! WTF!?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 3, 2014, 08:33 xXBatmanXx

Quboid wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 21:02:
I have heard anecdotally that plenty of cops who have taken part in trials of on-body cameras have been very keen on it. Also (source):
Police officers in Rialto, California, were issued with video cameras. Last month they reported an 88% reduction in complaints filed against officers and a 60% fall in incidents where officers used force.

Are these drops because the cops behave better or because people don't try to lie? I suspect it's heavily the later, as the anecdotal evidence suggests. Cops get plenty of stick and some deserve it but I assume the average cop is just someone making ends meet who doesn't want hassle, doesn't want to get hurt, doesn't want to get fired and ideally would maybe make a bit of a difference - i.e. a human being.

Batman, do you have any experience of this sort of thing? (Cameras on cops, not being a human being.)

I really don't want them, I know the Minneapolis PD is going to try them out. Burnsville PD I believe has them, or they tried them out at one time. Here's the thing, I am recorded whenever I drive my car, for all traffic stops, and any interactions near my car.

It never once has helped me even though the evidence is right there and obvious.

How many cameras are you going to have? How good is the audio pickup? They can't see what a human sees and they can't hear what a human can hear.

People always want to record me at traffic stops, and that is fine. I tell them the department I work for, my name, my badge number, that they are also being recorded, and all information I just gave them will be at the bottom of their citation.

It is at an infant stage. Will it make cops act better? No. Will it make the public act better? No.

My questions is - what do you want this to accomplish?

The city or state puts a camera up somewhere and everyone cries about privacy, yet everyone wants to put a camera and mic on a cop and record everything we do.

When someone makes a mistake wearing this - are they going to also go back and play the 10,000,000 good things that person did along with that one mistake or comment?

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2014, 03:20 xXBatmanXx

Redmask wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 23:09:
SNES games predate Quake

Looking back many C64 games were pretty terrible too. I think the most influential game of my life was probably Simant on the black and white Mac. There were some great console games though, Nintendo especially made some games that have influenced so many others.

Taken out of their timeline, yea, they are terrible. But when you were sitting there LOAD "*",8,1 and watching it boot, it was pretty damn awesome. Even Sears and other mall stores had walls of Commodore64 game boxes.

I didn't say Quake was before SNES, I was saying I thought it was funny that the most influential game for them, or some of them saying the first game they played, was on a SNES.

I went from Commodore, almost every console, had a pc in the home earlier than anyone I knew (both parents worked at Cargill and one of them was in IT), and had my first computer in my room when I was 14.

Anyway. Quake and Quake 2 is what hooked me. Even after having 90+ NES games, countless other consoles and games, I wasn't TRULY hooked on gaming until competitive Quake stuff. I remember when MrGrosser and I were young and he would laugh at me when I would say "how come we can't play all of these games together - how come everything is solo". I guess I really missed my opportunity to cash in at a young age.

Anyway. It has been great to be in a golden time of processors to be able to grow up and go through adulthood and play such a vast array of devices and machines and yet still really enjoy a great pinball game. Seems so long ago that I would run (bike and eventually drive) home from school to try and be the first to get 1 of 3 nodes on the local BBS and take my turn at LORD and TW. Then grab a pepsi and play a console game or two before getting yelled at about schoolwork, dinner time, chores, and eventually bed time.

It is hard to say what 1 game did it for me. Hell I still try and get my hands on a Mr. DO! arcade. We have a Ms. PacMan (not the new style) cocktail table that gets used often. I would love to add TRON, Centipede, a few pinball machines, and a mega loaded Golden Tee would be nice. I do find that my memories of playing the games and enjoying them is better than going back and playing them. Most of the games don't age well compared to what we have now. I remember it taking me MONTHS to beat Zelda (if I ever did....I must have) and now you can get through it in 5-8 hours.

lets see...short list: Pegasus, Bruce Lee, Elevator Action, Mr DO, Double Dragon I and II, Hard Drivin (sit down), Bruger Time, KRULL, Joust, SMB, Mario Brothers, Gauntlet (arcade), Tecmo Bowl, RC ProAM, Ivan Ironman Stuart Racing, Sprint, Tetris (Tengen only), Tyson, Local BBS', SSF, Faery Tale, Mario Kart, DOOM, Mechwarrior, Quake, Quake 2 mods, Half Life, BF, BF2. (I could add probably 10 more)

Those are the big ones, almost in order too! With the big influence coming from AQ2 competitive and BF2 competitive - without those 2, I probably would have let it go at about that time and not been as into it as I am now.

Anyway. Having our son made me think of all of this recently, then seeing that article, and I hope to encourage him to play old school games before jumping into Halo 44 or "game of the year 243". Sucks there aren't arcades anymore - there is that one in Vegas, but it is 18+. (he already likes watching his mum play Ms. PacMan. )

In my own little mind, I guess having him play games where you had to think, explore, and figure out stuff (any of those Quest type games - King's, Police, etc) rather than rail it through autosaves every 2 minutes.....I just think there is development and critical thinking there somewhere. It is cool to watch my two nephews play Minecraft though.....how they decide to do things is impressive at times.

Anywhoooo. Just a middle aged gamer getting through life.....

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2014, 03:26.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 1, 2014, 23:03 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 20:54:
Go get Carcassonne!

ok.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2014, 22:24 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 14:57:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 10:22:
Do it.

Also, Bats, what's up with the logo change?

Oh, responded in the other one - just feeling old.....saw a story over at Destructo about "what was the most influential game in your life". The responses were laughable...most started with super nes games...so I guess they are all youngins over there. I posted multiple games, starting with commodore 64 up to early PC stuff....

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 1, 2014, 10:44 xXBatmanXx

You can already do a timed trial for almost every game on PSN via PS3. What more do you guys want? The only thing ridiculous is retail console prices....

For as many games as you get for free on PSN - no one should be complaining!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2014, 10:22 xXBatmanXx

Do it.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy Jul 31, 2014, 22:43 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 21:39:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 20:23:
I have spent a surprisingly large amount of time with the game. As stated in OoTB, it is a game that deserves your support. The game is a blast, lots of humor, steep learning curve, tons of fun.

That is the short of it. Hit me up with questions. I have an Early Access review out there and put some time in this AM to the 1.0 release.

What's it like? 1600s version of FTL meets Terraria?

That is kind of a good description. You micromanage your crew, build your ship, give abilities to your crew, level them up, pillage the land, sink ships, etc etc etc. Explore and kill the 4 bosses. I have spent a heck of a lot of time on it, and the bosses are level 10, I have only managed to get to level 7, but when the fights are 10 v 10 and half your crew gets wiped out and your ship damaged, it takes time to rebuild. Have to manage their hunger, morale, and health.

This is a good intro video: It is Early Access though, so a lot has changed, but will give you a great idea of how the game starts, the learning curve, the build up, etc. The game does not move fast. I love it. I guess it is my FTL.....

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy Jul 31, 2014, 20:23 xXBatmanXx

I have spent a surprisingly large amount of time with the game. As stated in OoTB, it is a game that deserves your support. The game is a blast, lots of humor, steep learning curve, tons of fun.

That is the short of it. Hit me up with questions. I have an Early Access review out there and put some time in this AM to the 1.0 release.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2014, 13:50 xXBatmanXx

(I don't like PewDiePie much, IMHO he crosses over the line between silly and stupid, but he's certainly successful.)

I blame the Jersey Shore generation that thinks the crap on MTV is "Real Life" (see what I did there).

I don't know 1 person that actually knows who the F or what the F pewdiepie is. (or maybe who watches it - cause I would have to have a come to Jesus with them) I watched a few moments of a few videos. I couldn't stand it. (recently found out what and who it was)

And that guy makes money!? WTF!?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2014, 13:21 xXBatmanXx

Your ‘Craft’ Whiskey Is Probably From a Factory Distillery in Indiana.

Have a new place not far from my house http://www.norsemandistillery.com/ They had been doing only Vodka, waiting for them to do a batch of WHISKEY.

Know the difference (the article talks about whisKEY - the one I prefer).

/done spamming - nite all....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 13:10 xXBatmanXx

Anyone that has a chance to take money from a social media site (considering how much meta data they bilk from the morons that use the shit) I am all for it.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2014, 12:23 xXBatmanXx

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Pixel Piracy is released!

Chatted with Alex Poysky over Steam this AM - I can't say it enough, this is really a group of people that deserve support for the product they have released. I hope you all give it a chance.

50% off right now!

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2014, 13:15.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2014, 12:18 xXBatmanXx

Tim1_2 wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 10:58:
You guys could always try out DayZ for your Monday night sessions. It's always fun to hold up others or full-on ambush people for their gear. Plus the time spent trekking across the countryside provides ample time for random discussions.

So they can run around and do nothing for 4 hours? He just said he didn't want to do that....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 09:07 xXBatmanXx

omcast customer pulled gun on technician after objecting to bill, police say. The ultimate coupon.

heh. Satellite is better anyway......new customer coming your way DirecTV OR Dish.....

Woman files $123M suit against Facebook over photoshopped nude photos.

Hope she wins that and more in a civil suit.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2014, 10:36.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2014, 09:05 xXBatmanXx

Terraria can escalate pretty darn quickly.....maybe try Starbound 4 player, would actually be more fun that Terrarria. Going to different worlds and warping to each other's ships and what not.....

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2014, 13:23.

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All
12. Re: Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All Jul 31, 2014, 06:33 xXBatmanXx

There were some things I enjoyed about 3 and 4, but 2 is probably still the pinnacle for me. The grind is fine, but now you can just buy your way to the top. Whatever.

I play BF and CoD when friends ask me to, and that is fun. But I don't find any joy in pubs. The game requires teamwork, and when over half of the team (don't have our own servers to have limits) is snipers and we are supposed to be taking an objective, I just loose my shit.

Recently I went back to CSGO (I hate myself) but I am actually making money on people who think weapon and knife skins are worth money. Which will continue to fund my addiction to buying games.

Any future CoD or BF will be at the sales prices. Got BF3 for 5.00 and BF4 for 20. done and done.

18478 Comments. 924 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo