Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19443 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
40. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 28, 2015, 11:09 Retired

Linthat22 wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 01:50:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 20:32:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 20:07:
But whoever the fuck is playing these games for the gameplay is doing it wrong anyway. You play these games for Geralt, Triss, Dandelion, Zoltan and all other memorable characters like Letho, the Sorceresses or Iorveth and Roche, the (fuckable) chicks, the quests, the story, the choices, the consequences, the exploration and all that good shit.
You just have to learn to ignore the bad shit like the combat, the boss fights, that asshole of a horse, the floaty movement, poor controls etc.

This is why I think these games are great, years from now when people ask me which RPG games I liked the best. I'll say MASS EFFECT, WITCHER SERIES.

Why? Well not because they had amazing combat systems or bug-less well polished perfectly balanced games.

It'll be because they told wicked stories.

While I agree, the combat shouldn't make the game a chore and pull you out of the game. For me Witcher 1's combat was designed for PC and from there they consolized it. I hated having buy an Xbox controller to play Witcher 2 in order for the game to be playable.

This tells me you never read the books. The books focus on interpersonal relationships and BATTLE - using signs and potions.

It is funny to read through all of the "I hate this and that" when all they want to do as one poster mentioned is play as Batman or (insert AC character here) and block everything and counter and combo 173 hits.

The game forces you to be knowledgeable about your enemy. If you choose not to do that - well....this game was never for you. Put it on panzi easy and button mash away.

GoTY.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2015, 00:11 Retired

Steam for Linux Now Has More than 1,300 Games. Thanks Linux Today.

Not enough for the elite BNsers....

News Comments > Steam Top 10ish
5. Re: Steam Top 10ish Jul 26, 2015, 21:24 Retired

Doma wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 12:59:
Even though it might looks simple and silly, Rocket League is great fun to play with friends.

ITs just a very fun game.

Quick and easy to get going with matches only lasting 5 mins.

Free this month on psn+ for ps4.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
123. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 19, 2015, 10:49 Retired

Ignored Jul 17, 2015, 09:50 dsmart

To view this user's posts click on the username.

Be careful guys, if dNOTsmart doesn't like what you post, he will cry to Blue to get it removed. True story....

News Comments > Op Ed
108. Re: Op Ed Jul 19, 2015, 10:48 Retired

Ignored Jul 15, 2015, 15:17 dsmart

To view this user's posts click on the username.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
3. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 10:39 Retired

Techie714 wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 10:32:
I'm about 50 hours into the game & still feel I've barely dented the story line. Also some of the side quests are really involved & rich with dialogue, choices, & a great story. So far this has been a fantastic game!

+1

I will continue to throw money at an organization that supports their user base and *gasp gives out FREE content....you know, how gaming used to be.

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
2. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 10:34 Retired

This is the 3rd or 4th change to EA accounts. We had the Gun Club, Battlefield veterans, all sorts of stuff. Something tells me they are so large, they don't even know seperate teams are working n this stuff and changing it until it is to late. Some young kid in a suit says in some meeting (a kid who has never used the product - speaking to old suits who have never played the games) 'we should rebrand it". So, since that sounds cool, is a buzz word, and he is young, lets do it!  

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2015, 13:08 Retired

Does he forget that he isn't a backer anymore? They refunded his money......  

News Comments > Op Ed
44. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2015, 11:21 Retired

Bub wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 08:01:
Like many smarter than average people, Mr. Smarts commentary just goes "whoosh" past the smaller minds of your average internet commenter.

Just like the television media, your average person tends to get mesmerized by the spectacle and personality, while loosing sight of the facts that are brought to light.

In my opinion it is time to reign in this wackyness that is crowd funding with a bit of regulation. If not, every huckster out there from tv preachers to diet gurus will be milking this crowd funding bonanza for all it is worth very soon. It is time to require crowdfunding to follow the same kind of rules offering stock for sale comes with.

DS alias?

(looks at post "history")

Yup, or someone who "works" for him.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 17, 2015, 20:41 Retired

Aero wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 20:18:
First, I think CIG is as screwed up as most, but certainly don't believe they are actively engaging in any sort of fraud, intentionally or otherwise (though it's makes fun hyperbole for arguments). Smart's first article (well, selections of it in between egotistical rambling) was a nice analysis of what has always smelled off about the whole Star Citizen thing. Since then, it's just been publicity milking. CIG should just leave it at refunding his money and not say anything else.

Also, um, I kind of don't believe he actually has a million dollars he can just throw away like that. Might be another #humblebrag, like mentioning his Tesla S in passing in the first article.

..and his PHD?

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jul 17, 2015, 20:03 Retired

HAY LOOK AT ME I AM NOT RELEVANT....NOR HAVE I BEEN IN A LONG LONG TIME!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
1. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 17, 2015, 19:41 Retired

....looks like they are slowly dropping what Fallout is and adding what AAA joke of a game cRPG + Action game is.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2015, 19:00 Retired

The more I see of the sale, the more it makes me think "We have a bunch of crap we need to dump - lets pretend it is awesome and make a big deal about it".  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2015, 13:45 Retired

Terrible deals. Fire stick is the only thing I would have bought another one of.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2015, 19:04 Retired

History Made! First Ever BMX Quad Backflip. Don't make history like they used to.

That was the highlights from a 1 or 2 hour special that was on over the weekend. Was pretty cool to watch.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2015, 19:01 Retired

Finally unboxed the PS4, got in there and fired up Binding of Isaac. Game is awesome on a big screen.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 10, 2015, 12:02 Retired

DayZ's Dean Hall- 'I both love and hate Early Access' - Gamasutra.

loves the money

hates the work

Hardware > Cut the cord media setups
7. No subject Jul 7, 2015, 16:19 Retired

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 16:04:
Thanks for the tip about Sonarr, i'm going to check it out. This is definitely a tip toe'y subject on the forum.

I think we are just on the side of the line that is good. I don't think anything needs to be discussed any further unless anyone has input on those USB TV tuners for local channels.

There is so much on Netflix, Amazon Fire, and HULU, along with all of our DVDs. We are set.

Thanks.

Hardware > Cut the cord media setups
3. No subject Jul 7, 2015, 13:50 Retired

Awesome, thanks Verno, going to look into that. Maybe I can get you on Steam later and ask some more direct questions.

/edit: Awesome, thanks dj.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2015, 14:41.

19443 Comments. 973 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo