Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 19529 (Ninja)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 14:47 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 14:15:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:57:
It's not funny if you're 6'3 and every time you go to the damn grocery store you're the person getting shit off the top shelf for the "vertically challenged" people.
I'm going to start asking them to get stuff off the bottom shelf for me cause I'm too tall.

In your defense, it's really hard on the back for tall people to bend over that far. Also, due to the distance from heart to brain in tall people, you are at risk for "red-out" when bending over when you get older. Your heart isn't strong enough to push the blood out of the brain when the head is lower than the heart, and you can get dizzy and pass out. So, ask away!

As someone who has lived with back problems their whole life. Work smarter not harder. Squats are your best friend.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
33. Re: Mad Max released, Star Citizen not even remotely close to release Sep 1, 2015, 14:46 Retired

Silvanus wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 14:07:
Seems like wasted potential being single player only. Could be a fun Multiplayer game playing CTF or something like Rocket league in the wasteland.

-Silvanus

DLC I am sure......

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 11:50 Retired

Anything with Randy Moss is going to be in bad taste. Guy is a loser, i can't believe they have him on TV for football. He can't even put together a list of words that could be considered a sentence, let alone understand him. His knowledge of football is no great than that of a fan. (and isn't the last scenario racist?)  

13. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 11:34 Retired

Grokk wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:32:
Mad Max is listed at $59.99 USD on steam for me (AU). Is it the same price for the US?

$59.99 USD here in USA.

Greenman Gaming is 40% off through today.

CDKeys is 19.99 (works on Steam).

Get it as cheap as you can. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE.

12. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 11:33 Retired

*sigh 2 solid hours of gameplay. I didn't have high expectations, this is a half rant, half report what I saw. Glad I didn't pay full price, this is in NO WAY a $59.99 game.

So played last night while chatting with Half Elf. He was about 20 minutes ahead of me, so I would mention something that annoyed me and he would agree, and laugh.

I am using M/KB as I am not able to currently hold a controller, so that might be some of my frustration with controls and movement.

-Within 5 minutes of running around you find water. We all as seasoned gamers don't just run to a point, we look around a bit, most will probably run around a building instead of taking the most direct route, well, this puts you in front of a water collection point, but at a position you can't use it. You have to actually be EXACTLY where they want you to be to trigger some things. It got annoying pretty quick. Had I taken a left sooner to get to the water, I would been facing the side of the water they wanted me to, which didn't make sense, cause someone was using the water in that spot, and I had to clip on them to get the water.

-When you use the car for the first time, it isn't yours, that is fine. But, dude wants you to drive his car (weird) and if you get in the care from his side (it is setup non American) you clip through him in an odd display of "why the F didn't they notice that!?".

-Also on the car, same as the indicators for doing things, if you aren't in a magic little space near a "door" position, you cannot get in the car. Also, you can load things into your car, and if you are not in a magical pixel, it won't work. I wanted to put a gas can in the back, like I had several times. I couldn't do it. I thought maybe something was blocking me, but I was literally humping the back of my ride to wait for the button indicator to come up.....I had to drive the car 20 feet, get out, come back to the can, run back, THEN I could put the can in the car. Frustrating, hope it was a one time deal.

-Indicators. ugh. Can this be turned off? Everything is "HOLD BUTTON" WTF!? Who holds a button to get in a vehicle unless you are trevor and want a taxi ride instead of jacking the dude up? Come on. Hold to collect, hold to climb, hold to get in, hold to interact, hold to pick up, hold to put down. WTF!?

-Fighting is a dumbed down Batman control scheme. Block punch punch punch, roll out of the way, block, punch punch punch. Way to simple.

-There are little locations all around the map. When you get to one it says "Burned out spot X" and if you HOLD X (ugh) it shows EVERYTHING you can do at this location. 0/3 parts found, 0/1 relics found, etc. I thought this dumbed down the game. To much hand holding.

-There are "lookout" points. Early in the game it pushed you to them. The game really wants you to do certain things in order. It isn't "on rails" per se, but it is darn close. You go to a point, pull up your binoculars, and slightly zoom in (weird) and it indicates items to watch out for, and you have to find them all before moving on. Kind of odd.

-Driving is a bit annoying. Maybe cause of the M/KB scheme. But the car acts very weird in collisions, jumping, handling, etc. Hard to explain, but one of the things I like to do is beat the shit out of cars in these games to see how they react. Sometimes I wasn't even trying and was actually driving and would hardly touch a sprite of a rock and it would just destroy me....wtf. This is a dune buggy with 3 feet of travel on the shocks!

-No in car driving view!?

-Gas. ok, I hope this gets a lot better. Gas is found in gas cans throughout the game, sometimes in the little mentioned places through the barren land. Although scarce, the gas cans that I found are unlimited. You can use them to blow stuff up, fill up your buggy, and then put an extra one in your ride for later. I have had to fill up my car 1 time in 2 hours. As I drove to a checkpoint, my gas went from 25% to 0 in an instant. The game forced the refuel mechanic on me as a checkpoint, not as a "use gas over time". I thought it odd, so I tested it out after this portion of the game. I drove around for 20-30 minutes exploring the wasteland, not triggering anything, and my gas remained 100% the whole time. I hope this is different later in the game and being in easy peasy tutorial space is why this didn't change.

-Scroll doesn't change weapons. Unreal.

-The gas cans and an early mission. Not a spoiler, since it is part of newb town starter area. There is a mission where you have to blow up a gate.....now. Instinct says, "Wasteland, crappy car, crappy gate, go fast crash". Well, it is a "reinforced gate"....with spikes, which somehow didn't impale me and my buggy, but just bounced me off. Ok. Fine. I park the buggy about 40 yards back as I have seen the effects of a gas can explosion in game (and real life), so I didn't want to jack up my ride. I get out, grab can, walk within about 20 yards, figure this is a good distance as I have practiced this in game when I got the can. I ignite it, and launch the thing. Even though I was facing up at a 45 degree angle, the can drops from my hand (the throw button is set to middle mouse button click - W T F~!) and explodes at my feet. ugh. Reload. Ok, here we go. Try again. I park vehicle in same spot, get to about 60 degrees, launch it, BOOM! Perfect hit......smoke clears.....gate is standing at 100%. huh? Weird, ok, I will get closer (drive 2 miles to get a new can, car can only hold 1 extra, drive back, park CLOSER). I get out, get the can, walk over and get really close, and get ready to ignite the can......CUT SCENE. what the....can never was ignited, cut scene shows me just setting it next to the gate, pan out. BOOM. Gate gone. Broken game mechanic. Geez.

-Said water mentioned earlier acts as health. You also find cans of food along the way. I chowed on some dog food that was just rolling around in the sand. I wouldn't have noticed it, but every damn pickup in this game has a huge obnoxious indicator that makes shit really stick out in a brown dusty world - even to this color blind guy.

-Game runs at a solid 60 fps on a 3 year old rig at max.

-For a game in this time and place, I wasn't impressed with the models and look of the humans. You can pan around your dude, and one place in particular it looked weird was in the first hideout of your buddy. Standing next to the car there is some light coming in and you can stand in it......looks really weird. Lighting problem? Model problem? Post processing problem? I dunno. Although the world looks pretty cool, some detail is lost.

-Some cool little things. You have a dude that rides around with you and repairs your buggy when you aren't in it. Seems weird, but he hangs out on the back like a hillbilly in the summer in the bed of a truck. When you start to crash and roll your vehicle, he quickly takes cover inside the cab and holds onto the roll cage. When the vehicle rights itself, he get back out and stands in the back again. Nice touch.

-You can loot bodies for spare parts, but it seems like it is only about 15% of them. Seems low.

-Game has slight RPG upgrade options for vehicle and Max. They are locked and only available at certain points int he game or as you progress. Vehicle upgrades are from scrap you find (even if you have a TON of scrap, the game handicaps you and doesn't let you upgrade until you get to point X in the game to open it up) - Max upgrades are from a mystery man when you give him these skull cap thingies.....also weird and story handicapped.

-There was a point where you go to a junk yard to get car parts, and I found it a nice touch that I could pick what body style I wanted. I hope there are more choices like this in the game later on.

I guess that is enough for now. I dunno. The whole thing feels like a very simple, on rails kinda but not really open world game. The hand holding is super annoying. It just screams console design. PC gamers aren't this dumb when it comes to gaming. The game doesn't really grab me. I hope the indicators go away.

Feels like I am playing Mad Lara Croft Max.....ages 10+.

Anyway. 6/10 so far.

Game ran solid, no glitches, bugs, crashes, etc.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2015, 11:57.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 1, 2015, 10:57 Retired

A few different ones spanning the most recent I believe. 3 or 4 of them.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 01:18 Retired

Played Mad Max for a couple hours. It is ok. Glad It was sub $40. I am using M/KB, and I am finding it to be a frustrating console port. I will post a list tomorrow. Tired.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Nuk3town Offer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Nuk3town Offer Aug 31, 2015, 19:52 Retired

“The Nuketown maps have a special place in Call of Duty multiplayer history

*facepalm

It is in 1......ONE game, two only if you count that the map was only available to season pass holders, then later added when the community was dead.

There are so many great maps that don't encourage camping and shooting through paper walls. It is as though gamers have gotten so lazy, that they need to lay down without going more than 10 feet in a game to get their kills. Some of the best maps are never played.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 31, 2015, 19:50 Retired

T-Mobile promises to “eliminate” customers who abuse unlimited data.

Sounds unlawful....

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2015, 19:48 Retired

It is up to the state legislators to make a law change. That is it. Make the data PRIVATE, then people can't request access. Done and done.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 31, 2015, 18:59 Retired

I love unplugging during flights. It is a great time to be able to dive into a great book.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2015, 16:49 Retired

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 16:41:
Retired wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 16:39:
....I keep clicking Mad Max in steam....it just keep saying game isn't released yet.....is this like a clicker game? Can I keep clicking and it will eventually open up?

Thought it was tomorrow?

Midnight for me, about 8 hours, 11 minutes, 43 seconds...

Ill be streaming at midnight over Steam if all goes well...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2015, 16:39 Retired

....I keep clicking Mad Max in steam....it just keep saying game isn't released yet.....is this like a clicker game? Can I keep clicking and it will eventually open up?  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
19. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2015, 16:30 Retired

Winners write history - duh.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming Aug 30, 2015, 21:58 Retired

I love GW games for the simple fact that I have a hard time paying for a monthly fee. I don't stick with games. I play, go away, play go away, play the hell outta something for 12 days, then quit. GW and GW2 works perfect for me.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
11. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 30, 2015, 18:33 Retired

Asmodai wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 18:17:
I'd refer him to the life story of Keanu Reeves and the bullshit that he's gone through, then give him a nice big cup of concrete and tell him to harden up...

To be fair though, I've seen so many really talented people who experienced success (and the wealth that comes with it) completely fall apart under the pressure. It's well known that isolation (eg. solitary in jail) has terrible effects on the human mind, but a person with a spectacular amount of wealth is automatically isolated because the people who want to be your friends are probably the ones that you don't want for friends.

Eh, I hope he finds something that brings him joy.

“May all your dreams but one come true, for what is life without a dream?" (David Gemmell)

Then the WORST place in the world to move to - he did.

/2B dollars and isolation? SOUNDS AMAZING! I would have a house off the grid, totally green, with satellite, etc etc etc. Have food drops, whatever you need dropped every week or so. Live in some federally protected forest in a beautiful green mansion. Have a pilot you call to come pick you up when you want to be "social". He did it wrong....so so wrong. Pissed away 80 million+ dollars on a joke of a property.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2015, 19:01.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
25. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 18:19 Retired

Redmask wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 17:51:
Retired wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 17:07:
Anyway - hate or love, whatever. If you like it play it, if you don't, go play something else.

It's really just one troll who tries to derail these because he has nothing to do and wants attention. Most people just adopt this attitude. I didn't care for Diablo 3 but it's come a long way and is closer to Diablo 2, if not surpassing it in several ways thanks to the latest patch.

All they need to do is ship another expansion so we have another layer of maps and this is gold.

My biggest "oh thank god" moment was when I went to get the Khazra staff and it had moved East on the map. So I get it, it isn't random, but it was a nice change.

If they randomly generated, it would be damn close to perfect. I guess I just don't understand enough about level design and the engine, so in my head it seems simple to do it. I mean shit, they did it how many years ago? 20?

/was also happy to see some of the unattainable items (books, caves, merchants) show up while I was playing. So all the time that I played other stuff and waited until they fixed stuff - they appear to have covered most of my gripes, for that, I applaud them.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
9. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 30, 2015, 17:52 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 15:44:
Money may not be able to buy happiness for everyone, but I would certainly feel happier if I had $2.5B than my current salary. I could definitely find things to do with the extra time I didn't have to spend working.

I bet he didn't know 10 people that showed up to that HUGE party he threw at his new ridiculous joke of a new "home".

What an idiot.

/reading his tweets - he just seems like a loser pussy......whatever. Get a hobby, a dog, do something positive with that money and your life. Loser.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2015, 18:13.

22. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 17:07 Retired

I am not a Diablo expert by any means, but the game is a lot better than it was. I had quit playing right when RoS came out, wanted to step back and let it simmer for a while to taste better.

I played the game for 2-3 days solid in Season Adventure mode. I find the bounties alot of fun and the ability to go anywhere I want is enjoyable. Once I am done with the 4 Chapters, I don't think I will do much more. It isn't important to me to get all the coolest gear or anything like that. I just enjoy the game.

I am doing a Crusader (don't know all the fancy build names) but I am level 62 and stand toe to toe with anything in Master. Have found some cool gear for my type and it plays to my specials perfectly.

Anyway - hate or love, whatever. If you like it play it, if you don't, go play something else.

/and I was just informed by Half Elf that Mas Max releases in less than 18 hours - so there is also that!

5. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 29, 2015, 16:26 Retired

whoops. Jumped in last night cause Half Elf and Krovven were on.....went to bed at 8am, beat Act1 of the story and did a few bounties.....geez....  

19529 Comments. 977 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo