Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Devin

Real Name Devin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Devster
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description aka "DevsterC".
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 6, 1999, 14:51
Total Comments 1491 (Pro)
User ID 1066

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
74. Re: Motorcycle Jan 25, 2005, 18:33 Devster

Maybe the question should be: What caused the creation of the permafrost "a few thousand years" ago?

Maybe, gasp!, could it be a natural cycle of freezing and thawing?
uh, Warhawk. D00d. You're so clearly wrong and way off base - it's supposed to be permafrost, not naturally-recurring-phenome-frost - it's right there in the name.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!

Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: No subject Jan 25, 2005, 14:49 Devster

Bill likes the publicity it gives his company.
I'm not sure there's ANYONE who picked an OS or other software product based on the charitable work of Linus, Jobs/Woz, Gates/Allen or any of the others like Ellison or whatever...

For that matter, did more people tune into CNN after Turner made his billion-dollar pledge to the UN? not likely.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 14:49.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: No subject Jan 25, 2005, 12:33 Devster

Good for Gates to make that donation. Glad to hear it.

Top 1%, 40% of wealth, etc...

43. Re: Earning $20 Jan 25, 2005, 07:31 Devster

That looks like a New Brunswick license plate.
Looks closer to a Newfoundland plate - their new ones are a lot blander than New Brunswick, which has some green on it, iirc. In-Laws in Nfld have mentioned some wicked snow though; St.John's gets to deal with flooding too - rain after snow = bad.

I'm in NS, and have a pile of shovelled snow on my 'lawn' parallel to my driveway that's quickly passed the 8' mark. At least three storms in a week is unusual, and we're not slated for another one this week.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 07:31.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
12. Re: Sith Lords Jan 25, 2005, 07:13 Devster

speaking of long, can the title of this game get any longer?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy dang. too short. You won. The star wars titles are always a bit unwieldy; it's built into the license somewhere, I think.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: PSP Edging DS Jan 25, 2005, 07:11 Devster

...if Sony didn't decide to break Nins monopoly.
nin, if you need another copy of Monopoly, try to find the original one, not one of the many themed (LotR, Star Wars, Simpsons, etc) versions.

18. Re: Steady Hand Jan 24, 2005, 12:52 Devster

It's supposed to show reader some interesting and creative games.
I think it's supposed to do whatever Blue wants it to do. Playing against the type increased the chance folks would be caught by the twist. Maybe it would have been better saved for "Pink's News", but still humourous.

26. Well, Bronco.... Jan 23, 2005, 18:20 Devster

...how 'bout them Eagles? You called it right - the team with the better tackling won the game, that's for sure. Falcons started to throw in the towel a bit in the late 3rd, couldn't get cooking.

With all the euphoria at just getting to "the big game", I wonder if the area would implode if the AFC team beats them? I'm rooting for the steelers, if only to see if the state will split in two. (and I'm tired of the Pats. even if they are a good team).

9. Re: RIP Johnny Carson Jan 23, 2005, 14:40 Devster

That's too bad. Since all the 'famous old person' obits are prepped in advance, should see something soon.

There was just an article on Yahoo last week discussing the jokes he was sending into Letterman...

42. Re: Think Cold Jan 19, 2005, 14:03 Devster

Ottawa seems to be handling it poorly -
A cold spell gripping Ottawa is so intense that houses have started to produce loud cracking noises, prompting worried citizens to report burglaries and gunfire, local police said Wednesday.

Spokeswoman Monique Ackland said police had received around 20 calls Monday night and Tuesday morning, when temperatures in the Canadian capital dipped to an unseasonably low minus 40 Celsius (minus 40 Fahrenheit).

"Those were calls about breaking and entering, people making excessive noise and calls about gunshots," she said. Police responded to each alarm and rapidly realized crime was not responsible.

"Those calls were all (prompted by) the cold," she said, adding that one possible reason for the loud noises were exploding nails.

50. Re: Enclosure Jan 18, 2005, 16:38 Devster

I think fredrickson is still around (and more lucid than he was here, in fact, he was always more lucid/non-troll elsewhere) on the maddenmania forums...

38. Re: Enclosure Jan 18, 2005, 14:41 Devster

Not best troll. And we don't want prizes for that anyways. Gotta go ignore; bannings are VERY rare - only the one that I know of (discounting removal of anon posting, which I was in favor of).

Now, anyone see the shipping deal on that tank?

News Comments > EA & ESPN
10. hmmm Jan 17, 2005, 18:37 Devster

You know what? Depending on how this goes, it could be a minor boon (at least madden-wise). It would at least potentially improve the in-game info pop-ups and whatnot; show better stats or something; if the graphics for the stats & info will get espn-ized, which could be a bit of an improvement. The ticker too. The online experience could be spiced up a bit too - some ESPN-style highlights of games 'around the league' could be nice while you're waiting to begin a match...

Just for the love of pete, don't abandon the PC. There are no real sports games options for us other than EA.

3. Re: No subject Jan 15, 2005, 11:01 Devster

For a second I thought it was Ken Dryden.

Spencer Dryden "...had been working as a strip club drummer..." prior to joining the band. Probably a good career shift; not sure that would've held up long term.

Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for The Alan Parsons Project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft.

119. Re: ... Jan 14, 2005, 06:59 Devster

There really needs to be a "NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION ALLOWED" rule here. This forum just isn't good at it.
If it was occasionally sprinkled with the political machinations of the Demokratesch Partei or Déi Gréng in Luxemburg (or basically anywhere but the states, which already has the most widely reported/commented on political environment on Earth), it could be mildly entertaining/informative. As it is, it's the same old hash/rehash of crap, name-calling etc. On a gaming site. The trolls get their replies, they never move on to a more (or likely less) appropriate site. It's too bad we'll never see an "ignore user" option; we could avoid some of the crap. At least we no longer have anonymous posters. The threaded view helps, until some of the better regarded folks get dragged in.

77. Re: Back to our BN stuff Jan 13, 2005, 17:33 Devster

...lookin' like a Luc Benson film fest this weekend...
wasn't he the butler? I know there's Luc Besson the film maker...

Thought Chris Tucker was the worst part of that movie, actually, but definitely a fun flick. If you saw previous DVD transfers, I'd be interested to know how this one compares...

18. Re: News Blooper Jan 13, 2005, 12:17 Devster

yeah, and the killer whale vs. kayak was a fake (snope it up); some commercial or something.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
1. COPS Jan 13, 2005, 06:50 Devster

...fighting crime in a future time...

23. Re: Moved from yesterday.... Jan 10, 2005, 16:39 Devster

I read yesterdays, if I know there's a thread there worth following. <shrug> In this case, I just don't agree with ya.

There's 11 players on the field at all times. I don't think he made or broke the game this time. I also don't think leaving with head down is poor sportsmanship. I can see you're fired up about it though, so more power to you.

32. Re: Awesome weekend Jan 10, 2005, 07:46 Devster

Edit: Btw, I love how everyone concerned with or for the packers is blaming the defense. Favre's 4 interceptions (and it SHOULD have been five, that interception / fumble that got ruled an incomplete pass was a pisspoor refereeing job) are conveniently overlooked.
Umm, I think you overstate your point. They went from 19th in the NFL on D last year (not great by any stretch) to 25th (even worse). Losing McKenzie at CB sure didn't help. They had (what I would consider) a disproportionate number of 1st and 2nd year guys on defense this year - Carroll, Barnett... They need more seasoning and leadership on D.

Yes, Favre isn't the scrambly QB he used to be, but it was readily apparent that at least two and possibly three of those INTs rested on the receivers running their routes correctly and with the right timing. Stuff that should've been ironed out in practice, mind you, not in a postseason game. FWIW, they are working on the QB successor problem; just this year they tried out Couch for a while in preseason to see if he'd work, they traded with NO for another QB prospect that looks somewhat promising, they gave Nall some game time... Again, I agree Favre's not the three-time MVP he used to be, but he's better than a number of the other starters out there.

The rumblings I've heard is that they might try to trade for Brees; I think that would be an excellent fit if Favre retires this year, but I strongly doubt Brees would sit a year while Favre starts, so it would rely on number 4 deciding to go out on a low note. Time will tell.

1491 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo