Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: Game makers excited about Vista? Apr 25, 2007, 02:55 Propagandhi

I don't think the writer meant to imply that directX was responsible for the visuals, but it did handle input, sound, and often any 2d drawing that needed to be done (DirectDraw) for many games of that generation. Quake may have been a bad example, as I'm not sure if it used directX at all.

The standard for 3d at the time was definitely OpenGL, direct3D was quite a ways from maturity. Really the only thing wrong with the sentence is the mention of video cards.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 02:56.

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Killer and the press Apr 20, 2007, 02:02 Propagandhi

Live free or die, this reactionary bullshit makes me sick. Honestly, if anything has made the world a riskier place its the insane media coverage of the shootings.

I do believe that gun laws should be reformed, but to use an extraordinary case to justify anything is insane. Look at the statistics, compare them with the rest of the world. Measure Americans attitude towards firearms, compare them with attitudes elsewhere. Decide based on facts, not some crazy motherfucker (and this goes for BOTH SIDES).

I eat pasta!

6. Re: In sadder news... Apr 12, 2007, 05:13 Propagandhi

Rip to Mr. V. Fantastic writer, certainly won't be replaced soon... fuck it, ever.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Patch
9. I enjoyed it.. Apr 12, 2007, 03:27 Propagandhi

I enjoyed it, but I put all my companions on puppet mode and limited my party size for most of the game. I think multi-select would make this mode of play less tedious, more like BG 2 (although nothing will come close to that game, at least not for quite awhile).

As for user generated content there are a few PWs out there that are pretty cool... the nwvault.ign.com has got more info on PWs specifically and other modules.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > TF2 Cross-platform Details
14. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2007, 00:06 Propagandhi

I don't see any mention of the controls, that's always been the case with TF. The only class where aim really matters is the sniper, the others are more about getting yourself in position.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > id & Valve Assets in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?
61. Re: No subject Apr 7, 2007, 06:44 Propagandhi

As for the mods, I don't want gameplay mods. I consider those cheats. I want official changes in official patches so that the developer's vision isn't compromised.

So you don't want to compromise the developer's vision, even though you think the developer's vision sucks. Ok, then... I think you can pretty much leave this discussion.. unless you'd rather pollute the rest of us with your perverted anti-logic.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 06:44.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2007, 04:53 Propagandhi

Fucking Lagwagon made decent cash of their tours back in the 90s (I heard $3000/show). Plenty of artists make money off of it.. no they don't put on Bowie sized live gigs, but who does and why would they?  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Hardware Blogrolling
6. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2007, 00:01 Propagandhi

Hype has nothing to do with it. It was the idea that, by cutting the game into pieces, we'd have parts of it sooner, rather than later...

But as usual, Valve is fucking clueless when it comes to release dates...

I just don't see how your style of bitching is any different than three year old throwing a tantrum becuase he "WANTS IT RIGHT NOW!!!"

It's done when it's done, not when Valve's managers/publisher wants it to be.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Hardware Blogrolling
3. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2007, 19:51 Propagandhi

Advantages do not include actually shipping a product on time, either.

The dumbfucks...

Maybe if you didn't buy into the hype quite so readily you wouldn't be so upset about it..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Shadowrun & Windows LIVE "Gold" Accounts
19. Re: No subject Mar 5, 2007, 22:32 Propagandhi

Historically Microsoft has been a master at successfully leveraging its OS monopoly into new areas, and I expect that it will do the same with Windows Live in time.

I honestly doubt that, PC gaming will never translate over as free alternatives (Linux is nearly mature enough) will always exist. Their current model may be a slight success, but it's certainly not going to be the next WoW, or even the next Steam.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Shadowrun & Windows LIVE "Gold" Accounts
18. I hate to say it.. Mar 5, 2007, 22:30 Propagandhi

But Sony actually got one thing right with their POS this-gen offering: free multiplayer. Honestly, forcing people to pay to use their internet connection is ridiculous, and people shouldn't support MS's greed, you're essentially paying them to not cripple your hardware.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Supreme Commander Patch
14. Re: Full game was cracked Mar 5, 2007, 03:36 Propagandhi

I don't think anyone would have decided "No, I'm not going to download that one, it's one seed short..." if venom hadn't seeded it.

But nice try, you'll get a hang of this logic thing if you stick with it long enough.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Feb 25, 2007, 06:21 Propagandhi

Are you talking about XNA?  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R Feb 24, 2007, 17:48 Propagandhi

Also a tsunami has swallowed Japan, Africa is experiencing a plague of locusts so bad its visible from space, and astronomers everywhere are reporting meteors that are on courses "worringly close" to the Earth's orbit.

The end time is now, make your peace.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Archon to Return
9. Re: sweet Feb 10, 2007, 04:30 Propagandhi

Why do people other thank tweak boy have that link in their sig?  
I eat pasta!

2. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2007, 02:31 Propagandhi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgiwkcZxj7c  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Delayed Again
48. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2007, 02:17 Propagandhi

And I don't want to hear crap answers like the tech has advanced and it takes more time.

You are stupid.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: No subject Feb 4, 2007, 02:55 Propagandhi

..the biggest is arguably the now overdeveloped sense of paranoia.

Really that's the only thing that makes terrorism an effective weapon. There are very few people willing to kill themselves for the cause of radical islam, even fewer with the knowledge and skills to take over a commercial airplane and fly it into a building (or build a bomb, or whatever), and of those most are kept far away from the United States. Statistically speaking there's almost no chance you'll die from terrorism...

But here we are, one new federal department and hundreds of billions of dollars later shitting ourselves over a few Lite Brites.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > MS on Vista Game Compatibility
58. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2007, 01:06 Propagandhi

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Age of Conan Movie
5. Re: Nice Jan 23, 2007, 23:48 Propagandhi

why must it all boil down to the same boring repetitive crap combat in all MMO's

My theory: More entertaining combat is difficult to code when hundreds of clients can be involved :-/

I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo