Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Transformers Movie
3. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2007, 23:42 Propagandhi

Crumpled pieces of colored paper are very popular with the younger generation. Also very popular with cats... so it's 2 against 1.  
I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's Mac Attack
2. Re: population Jun 11, 2007, 22:10 Propagandhi

Linux desktop use was .2-.3 percent last I checked, with Mac use being several times that. A lot of macbook's sold of late, so I'd guess the divide has only increased.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Gay Bomb Jun 10, 2007, 20:39 Propagandhi

HI, YOU ARE INSANE.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > 300 & Saw Games Planned
16. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 17:12 Propagandhi

A RTS game could be fun where you have a superior soldiers and have a terrain advantage, but are vastly out numbered. This would, of course require excellent game play that could really take advantage of different types of strategies at different times.

You just described the Myth series.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Amp'd files for chapter 11 bankruptcy. Jun 4, 2007, 06:19 Propagandhi

....ghetto dweller..... not very productive when it comes it [sic] holding [...] jobs

Contrary to what MTV tells you many minorities or "ghetto dwellers" work much harder than your lazy ass... whitey..

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 06:19.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > BioShock Movie
7. Re: No subject May 31, 2007, 04:57 Propagandhi

I love everything I've seen, pity I probably won't play it for a year or two  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > On UT3 Specs
15. Re: WTF? May 30, 2007, 22:29 Propagandhi

eg. BLueray/HDdvd may follow a DRM scheme built into the OS, BUT the alternative is using an OS that flat out can't play them AT ALL.

The other alternative is no DRM or reasonable DRM. All DRM, despite what MS tells you, is ineffective at best and generally an inconvenience.

Look at the Zune for the wonderous future MS is pushing, ask yourself if you're interested and when you (inevitably) realise you aren't come back here and post an apology..

Edit: Oh, and for those of us whose life involves multiple platforms (say, a Mac and work and XP machine at home) the whole Windows DRM scheme is a collosal inconvenience and pushes us right out of the market. MS's loss, I guess..

This comment was edited on May 30, 22:32.

I eat pasta!

10. Re: yesterday - Political rants... May 28, 2007, 15:18 Propagandhi

I don't think a third party is really going to flourish unless the US implements the kind of majority/run-off systems common in Europe...  
I eat pasta!

33. Re: No subject May 28, 2007, 12:39 Propagandhi

I had a mobo with absolutely shitty front usb jumpers, but given that it's a desktop and you haven't moved it that's probably not the issue. Nin's suggestions beat anything I've got.

If neither your keyboard nor mouse use USB then I'd open the case anyway and snug up the wires running from the front usb ports to the mobo, but a device failure is more likely...

I eat pasta!

30. Re: No subject May 28, 2007, 11:34 Propagandhi

Everybody does stupid things, not just the white man.

He who has the gold makes the rules.

He who makes the rules, takes the blame.

Also, pretending the white-man is being persecuted is as laughable is calling Christians in America persecuted.

As for the chime, no idea... would need more info on the setup. Laptop? If it's a desktop do you have one of those usb PCI cards? Front usb ports? If so are all the jumpers secure?

I eat pasta!

25. Re: No subject May 28, 2007, 11:09 Propagandhi

If you are going to preach tolerance, then show tolerance your self.

Anything I write just cheapens the irony

I eat pasta!

23. Re: No subject May 28, 2007, 10:31 Propagandhi

Ok, I think I followed this thing from start to finish: Shane wrote off a movie because it was "hippie crap", Person B mentioned that "this place is getting conservative" because a few vocal members hate hippie crap, then Shane wrote half a page about how Person B is pathetic and retarded because they didn't tolerate Shane's opinion.

To top it all off, Shane was (I believe) referring to 28 days later as "hippie crap." And that's a movie about zombies. There wasn't even a commune. Or free love.

Oh, and after calling the poster a tard "that bring[s] this country down" and "pathetic", Shane calls himself indifferent. Later, he tells the poster (and his ilk) "to stop being such lazy close minded tools." Clearly we need to open our eyes and see the zombie movie for what it was: communist brainwashing.

Fantastic! Was it a troll? I can't even tell!

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Tomb Raider Anniversary Demo
7. Shrug May 26, 2007, 18:14 Propagandhi

Those were some mighty fine jumping puzzles.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > StarCraft II Announced
105. Re: Hate on SC? May 20, 2007, 06:23 Propagandhi

Sure, Woody, everyone's just a kid that doesn't know any better.

The fact of the matter is that Starcraft was a pretty bland RTS, even back when it was released I'd pretty much had my fill of the formula... Sure, it was refined and perfected, but who cares? It was still just C&C/WC2/Dune/whatever...

I eat pasta!

99. Re: No subject May 20, 2007, 03:27 Propagandhi

None of this changes my disdain towards both.

Eh, I'm sure you have a guilty gaming pleasure

I eat pasta!

97. Re: No subject May 20, 2007, 03:03 Propagandhi

The fun of Diablo was (for me) creating a powerful character. Early on there were enough options and skills, and so many uninformed people, that you could stumble on an exceptionally powerful build before it was really mainstream or common.

To this day I remember my terribly overpowered Paladin that I had (as a joke) created to use Blessed Hammer, the same goes for my Firewall using Sorceress. It lost some of its appeal when everything was perfectly balanced, but there were still enough skill paths to keep things interesting... other RPGs (especially ones with a multiplayer emphasis) never really let you cripple or overpower your character like that.

I eat pasta!

63. Re: Boring May 19, 2007, 18:02 Propagandhi

I also have no interest in this, although I didn't enjoy the original Starcraft all that much. The Myth series was/is just so much better...  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Weird... May 5, 2007, 17:44 Propagandhi

I guess I'll pipe up as the lone mac-user

I like OS X and my MacBook Pro. It's nice to have a unixy OS when I need it and I'm learning to love Objective C. Given a choice I spend my time in OS X, and only boot into windows when I need to use Visual Studio or the NWN 2 editor. The only other game I play these days is Myth 2, which is available for OS X, but if something else comes along there's still enough room in my Windows partion to install it...

As for price.. the MacBook is actually fairly competitively price (plus work subsidized mine, so there was no real decision to make).

The marketing (for Macs) is annoying, but I don't let that shit bug me. For now, I just enjoy the great hardware and decent support. Bootcamp makes the gaming issue pretty much irrelevant...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Oblivion and Shivering Isles Patches
14. Just a PSA: May 1, 2007, 06:16 Propagandhi

You guys are insane, and desperately need a hobby (other than trolling/bickering).  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: $100 Laptop Apr 28, 2007, 05:49 Propagandhi

Their budget issues are really being compounded by the weak dollar, IMHO.  
I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo