Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Some EB's sold HL 2 Early.. Nov 11, 2004, 16:46 Propagandhi

Now the Steam Powered Forums are in a fruckus/tuckus/schmuckus about whether or not the game will be unlocked early. Original post (one of them) that started the hub-bub can be found here (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33790848&page=2&pp=30).

Retail version is locked, jsut like the Steam version, but people are hoping this pushes the release date up (for reason's unclear, the only article of note that's been cited is a quote from Shack News and it's hardly official).

Anyway, hopefully this will get HL 2 unlocked for the weekend or something..

/wishful thinking..

*edit* Yeah, this news is pretty petty compared to your guy's Rememberance/Veterans Day thread, but hopefully I don't hijack too badly.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 16:49.

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wish Beta Delay
4. Re: EVE Online Nov 11, 2004, 00:45 Propagandhi

Eve has zones though, alledgedly this will not...

I agree though, you're pretty much splitting hairs to make this claim.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Game & Mod Development
1. The proper way to treat a license.. Nov 11, 2004, 00:43 Propagandhi

Relic is actually doing the right thing with their WH40k:DoW license. Unlike KoToR and the rest of the star wars franchise they're actually allowing you to create your own content with the licensed IP. Adds a ton of value to the game, IMO.

Hopefully the community can put out some cool stuff with this software..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Domain Hacking Nov 10, 2004, 16:10 Propagandhi

So Blue, when's your next week long vacation planned for?

Kind of funny that you have to worry about this kind of thing, if someone wanted to give up their domain they should be able to turn off their "domain lock" rather than having it off by default..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > BioWare Store Opens
10. Re: vampire Nov 10, 2004, 16:06 Propagandhi

Well, they are a game company.. They're whole purpose is to create content that people are willing to pay for.

If the content is not any better than the free modules, then don't buy it. I doubt that, though, most of the NWN modules I played were quite poor (there were a few nicely done ones, but it's definately hard to find that diamond in the rough..)

I eat pasta!

29. Re: WoW Nov 10, 2004, 14:26 Propagandhi

What server are you guys playing on? I just finished my download and haven't created a character yet (servers are down, might as well get some homework done)..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Where are the Half Life 2 reviews? Nov 10, 2004, 00:12 Propagandhi

Yeah, 98 is their highest score ever. Hopefully the game actually lives up to it's scoring (many feel Doom 3 didn't live up to the scores the early reviews gave it, I disagree with them but I understand where they're coming from).  
I eat pasta!

67. Re: wow downloader Nov 9, 2004, 21:19 Propagandhi

I wish the university would let me configure their routers, but unfortunately that's not gonna happen..

/10% downloaded in 6 hours

I eat pasta!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Ryzom Nov 9, 2004, 21:18 Propagandhi

Yeah, releasing an MMORPG just a month or two ahead of EQ 2 and WoW was probably not the best idea ever..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Kinda Like Jackass... Nov 9, 2004, 21:16 Propagandhi

Some of it's pretty funny, maybe it's not your cup of tea but I've seen a few episodes which caused me to actually giggle. That's more than I can say about the Simpsons these days..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Where are the Half Life 2 reviews? Nov 9, 2004, 12:40 Propagandhi

The print mags all had exclusive deals to exclusively review the game in their given markets (a few European ones, a North American one, etc..). I think allowing a website to review it early would break the exclusive nature of the reviews, and this would make the print mags a bit angry.

I doubt any of the online places have even got review copies yet (most of the magazines had to do their reviewing in the presence of valve) for fear of them being leaked onto the intarwebs.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: w4r3z'd U2 album Nov 9, 2004, 12:34 Propagandhi

I never understood why people bought whole albums through iTunes. On a CD with more than 14 songs you're probably paying more/as much as the original CD and in return you get no liner notes, no jewel case, no physical copy, and most importantly of all it's in a lossy format

I won't come within ten internet meters of one of those online distributers until their selling in lossless formats and it's actually cheaper than the CD itself..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Steam Update
9. Re: Just backed it UP!!!!!!! Nov 9, 2004, 12:28 Propagandhi

So will the game be unlocked/released on Midnight Nov 16?

This (http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169690) thread on the steam forums gives the unlock times for HL 2. Midnight on the west coast Nov. 16 is the scheduled unlocking time. Probably a good idea to just wake up early if you want to play the day of if you live on the east coast (or wait until the weekend and have a few midterms in that week like me ).

I eat pasta!

1. Wowa, timewarp. Nov 9, 2004, 00:13 Propagandhi

It's tomorrow.. today!

/westcoast

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: New NVidia drivers. Nov 8, 2004, 05:01 Propagandhi

That's awesome that nVidia's linux drivers are performing as well as the XP variant now. ATI really needs to get on this one as their cards can't even be considered by someone interested in running Linux, driver performance is so terrible (although maybe this is linked to their generally subpar opengl performance)...  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Resident Evil 4 Nov 8, 2004, 04:55 Propagandhi

The DS is selling well, despite the aggressive price point and the ensuing release of the PSP. I don't think Nintendo is in any danger of having to completely abandon their hardware department.

Although as hardware becomes less and less of a revenue maker (MS doesn't even make a profit on the Xbox, as I'm sure we all know by now) I could see them abandoning hardware to focus more on game development (with all their IP they could make a killing if they developed for other consoles).

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Star Wars Republic Commando Date
18. Re:Hmm. Nov 8, 2004, 04:52 Propagandhi

You are unwise to revise your release date!

-

This one's a bit of a stretch, so I'm gonna stop here

I eat pasta!

17. Re:Hmm. Nov 8, 2004, 04:47 Propagandhi

Vader: "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."

Captain: "I tell you, the release date will be met as planned."

Vader: "The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation..."

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 04:47.

I eat pasta!

16. Re:Hmm. Nov 8, 2004, 04:44 Propagandhi

"You must meet the release date. Then.. only then a Jedi will you be."

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 04:49.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Dear Diary
1. I understand! Nov 7, 2004, 16:53 Propagandhi

After reading that STALKER diary I think I understand why the game's been delayed so much  
I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo