Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Ugh.. ugly cases.. Nov 23, 2004, 22:36 Propagandhi

I almost always read the "case" reviews that pop up here, and it's been weeks (seemingly) since a decent looking one showed up.

What the heck is the market for these hideous "stylized" gaming cases? I don't want that thing sitting anywhere near me. Something much simpler seems like the ideal to me, rather than some piece of crap modeled after a ninja or whatever..

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Violence Report Card
7. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2004, 22:34 Propagandhi

Now that's comedy gold.

Why? Works well enough for movies, I see no reason why it wouldn't be more than enough for the games industry.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: hmm Nov 23, 2004, 21:16 Propagandhi

I like "harsh" too, but can't stand 1up or Gamespot.

PC Gamer always seemed to rate things most in line with my tastes (unfortunately I'm too poor to subscribe anymore).

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Fix Tomorrow
67. Re: Stutter Nov 23, 2004, 01:47 Propagandhi

Creating content at the level of Doom 3/HL 2/(lesser extent)Far Cry takes a ton of time. Just look at all the little details they put in the game (smaller optional puzzles involving the physics, specifically) and it becomes apparent that despite the relative shortness of the actual game there's enough content to rival even the most epic time sink out there (exception: some MMORPGS, but they've had years and years to develop content, whereas HL 2's content development lasted only the final three years (at most, I've heard less) of development).

Yeah, it's a bummer that we can't sit and play a game this immersive for like.. 40 hours.. or whatever, but dev cycles are long enough as it is. Hopefully as developers get used to the new tech content creation times will decrease..

I eat pasta!

64. Re: Stutter Nov 23, 2004, 01:34 Propagandhi

A HL 2 thread just isn't complete without Professional whining about the game

I completed it in a similar time (I have no idea what my exact finish time was, but it certainly wasn't that long a game). Despite it's shortness it was the best single player FPS game ever, no contest.

Whine about it if you want, I guess. But I don't see what you can complain about. The only FPS I can think of that's comparable is the first half or so of Far Cry, before it gets fouled up with those mutants (that are dumb as rocks and boring to fight). I can honestly say that HL 2 was far more memorable than any part of Far Cry...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Gold - Battle for Middle-earth
11. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2004, 01:25 Propagandhi

Ok, here's one. Call me a fanboy or not, Blizzard.

Fanboy

Seriously though, this company just took its classic franchise (warcraft) made up a bunch of generic backstory (c'mon, the WoW universe is hardly groundbreaking, even if it is a little unique), slapped it into a stable, but simple game engine (like it or not EQ 2 has prettier graphics than WoW, as do many other games), and charged $15 a month to play.

I take it the buckets of money they're soon to be rolling in are just a side effect, right? Call me a cynic but I'm sure someone at Blizzard looked at the money making potential of this idea before it became their next big budget project..

And now to bring this post back on topic: Anyone know if this is gonna be your typical unit building RTS or will it actually involve tactics other than run everything over with your massive numbers and/or technological advantage (a la Myth: TFL)?

*edit: effect, affect, preffect? Argh, I suck at teh englishes.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 01:28.

I eat pasta!

23. Re: didn't have this problem Nov 22, 2004, 21:07 Propagandhi

Good old "my taste are better then yours", how I missed you!

Or not.. but screw reading comprehension, that shit sucks.

Halo what...?

Spew bullshit all day and you'll never convince me that Halo 2 even comes close to Half-Life. Hell, it barely beats out HL 1 in terms of multiplayer component.

/fanboy mode deactivated

Sorry, I just can't stand the stupid (sometimes)...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > JFK Reloaded
70. Re: Before you knee-jerk... Nov 22, 2004, 13:33 Propagandhi

So, is anyone gonna go for the cash price?

There's gotta be some easy way to hack this thing..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: No subject Nov 21, 2004, 21:24 Propagandhi

Razor, how did you alter the color of the Grav Gun?

You'll find out later, telling you would be a spoiler. Don't worry about it.

I eat pasta!

41. Re: happy b-day, blue! Nov 21, 2004, 18:23 Propagandhi

I'll throw in a Happy B-Day. Thanks for giving me a site to distract me from the things I should actually be doing  
I eat pasta!

63. Re: HL2 Nov 21, 2004, 04:07 Propagandhi

I really liked ravenholm, but I think the primary reason was because I'd just gotten the grav gun.

Amazing game...

I eat pasta!

114. Re: No subject Nov 19, 2004, 20:20 Propagandhi

Oh, HL2 is im-f#$kin-possible on Hard. The manhacks go from pests to unholy terrors!

My Strategy for Man Hacks follows (in secret text)
Your crow bar is actually by far the most efficient way to deal with them at first, and once you get the gravity gun they're a non-issue (just gnab them with it, smash them on the nearest wall or the floor).

Don't try and shoot them, it takes way too much ammo and time, knocking them away with the crowbar is definately the way to go

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Gfx Nov 19, 2004, 20:13 Propagandhi

The fact that it's being ported (and thus has to use generations old hardware) to some consoles is really holding that game back, unfortunately  
I eat pasta!

13. Re: Gamespot Nov 19, 2004, 19:57 Propagandhi

I thought each game was scored based against other games on the same platform. That is, Xbox games v. Xbox and PC v. PC. Are you telling me that you can directly compare Halo 2 and Half-lile 2 scores?

They're both first person shooters, both released in the same month. They'll ineveitably draw comparisons.

I eat pasta!

7. Re: Gamespot Nov 19, 2004, 14:24 Propagandhi

Gamespot rated HL 2 lower than Halo 2. Having played both I feel qualified to say that is FUBAR..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Linux Support
5. Re: Fuck Nov 18, 2004, 21:40 Propagandhi

Woo yeah, let's whine at Valve for not fixing our problems (one of which isn't a problem at all, but is in fact an intentionally designed security feature) in a thread about a company in no way associated with Valve!

Yay!

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
307. I'd defend HL 2, Valve, and Steam from.. Nov 16, 2004, 19:00 Propagandhi

the trolls, but I'd rather go play HL 2.

Sorry to those of you that can't set up Steam accounts or whatever. The game is awesome. People that call it "average" have no clue what an amazing game is (I'm sure they'd spew some crap about RTCW or some other mediocre FPS).

At any rate, more HL 2 for me..

I eat pasta!

130. HL 2 Nov 16, 2004, 06:28 Propagandhi

Just played for around 3 hours, and had a blast. Awesome game, simply awesome. Not gonna post any spoilers, just that I love it...  
I eat pasta!

105. Re: Nov 16, 2004, 03:03 Propagandhi

Arghghhghgh I'm unlocking now!

Take less time, dammit!

Edit: 20% took a long time for me, but now I'm moving on past! 25%!

Edit 2: 82%, and it's a long one.. So.. anxious..

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 03:26.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Game Title Nov 15, 2004, 13:58 Propagandhi

Joking aside, those screenshots look pretty cool..  
I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo