Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Wins Cyber Café Suit
3. More to come? Nov 29, 2004, 22:12 Propagandhi

Aren't there still a few more (2?) cases pending regarding Steam and various contractual issues between VU and Valve, or is this it?  
I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Misc. Patches
4. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2004, 21:02 Propagandhi

nazis most likely...only they would fund something as diabolical as this

Man.. Nazis funding a video game about killing nazis, how twisted is that? They truely are the most evil people in the history of man.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sunday Game Reviews
1. WoW review. Nov 28, 2004, 16:32 Propagandhi

Seems foolish to review a game like WoW before you even remotely approached the end game.

Not surprised it got a high score based on the lowbie content, the sheer number of available quests through your teens puts it head and shoulders above the competition.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: finally finished it Nov 28, 2004, 16:28 Propagandhi

SST

The scribbled out picture? I've always assumed that it's Dr. Breen, the former head admin of Black Mesa, now the hated combine leader. Some people have suggested it's the G-Man, but that doesn't seem to make very much sense.

I eat pasta!

32. Re: finally finished it Nov 28, 2004, 07:06 Propagandhi

Awesome site, tron, but (sstblahblah) I don't think they address the "who is" aspect of Gordon Freeman very well. Claiming he's an MIT grad/scientist seems to fit with what Valve has presented directily, but if you read between the lines it seems obvious he's not just a scientist.

Honestly, a hazard suit provides some advantages, but it doesn't make you invincible. Just look at the corpses we saw in Xen, protected by hazard suits, but thoroughly dead nonetheless. Had Gordon been human it seems likely he would have been killed quite quickly in Xen, if not before then.

The obvious conclusion is that Gordon is almost as invincible as the G-Man, and if the G-Man is not human, than Gordon most likely isn't either. I'm (and I should not that I think my whole theory is pretty unlikely, I'm fairly certain that when Valve wraps up the series, Gordon will still in fact be thought of as human) hoping that in the end of HL 3 or whenever the series ends it is revealed that Gordon (and the G-Man) are not human, but instead are a third (or fourth, who's counting?) party with a vested interest in an independant humanity.

Anyway, it's really freaking late, and I need to get back to bed. Gonna leave it at that (I've got a lot more hole ridden HL theories, but those will remain safely locked away in my head) for now..

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 07:07.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alexander (X2)
5. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2004, 04:48 Propagandhi

Oh man, I love documentaries. Yeah, some of the english made ones aren't that interesting compared to American ones (some of my favourites are a documentary on Noodlin', as well as another on hot dogs), but I'll still sit through them regardless of their subject.

Oh.. this isn't all that on topic is it... sorry

/post

I eat pasta!

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: Parenting Nov 28, 2004, 02:54 Propagandhi

So spankings and beatings will keep kids from a path of violence?

I guess that makes sense..

Nevermind, it doesn't. Not only is it still legal to spank your kids, but it has been pretty well discredited as an effective deterent if done often (used rarely it becomes more of an "ultimate threat" and is therefore more effective).

I think it's fine that you get IDed for games. You do for movies, so why not games? Hardly bothers me, and combined with parents that actually spend time with their kids, should keep games out of the hands of youngsters if their parents so desire it.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Vampire Patch Plans
44. Re: Hmm... Nov 27, 2004, 20:09 Propagandhi

Man, that's pretty heinous (about the Activition debacle). That kind of stupidiyt really gives Publishers a bad name. Usually it's hard to peg much blame on them (because all they do is burn and box the game) but in this case they appear to be responsible for the bugginess of the game. Disgusting.  
I eat pasta!

19. Re: finally finished it Nov 27, 2004, 20:05 Propagandhi

SSTHL2 reply:

I agree that the G-Man is not human. Remember in the first game when bullets would just bounce off him when you managed to get a shot off on him (they made a metallic spark). At the time I wrote that off as a bug, but now I believe it was fully intentional.

He's some kind of semi-invincible super being, but for some reason doesn't dare get involved directly.

Anyway, I pretty much agree with the rest of your post, and can't wait for the expansion or sequel that wraps up the story a little more :)

I eat pasta!

23. Re: Bronco and others Nov 26, 2004, 21:11 Propagandhi

So, has Bronco immersed himself in WoW, or is he still immersed in human waste?

Seems likely that it's a little of both

I blame the long weekend, rather than WoW, for the general decrease in internet fun.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Bullet Time
9. Re: poo Nov 26, 2004, 21:05 Propagandhi

Yeah, inevitable wait for mods.

Will be awhile before anything decent comes out, too. Takes a ton of time to make a map with the level of geometry that HL 2 can support. Not too mention models.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Age of Empires 3 Tease?
10. Sigh.. Nov 25, 2004, 15:57 Propagandhi

Am I the only one waiting for a spiritual successor to the Myth series? Myth 3 pretty much sucked, but the gameplay model (relatively small groups of units that can be controlled as individuals, and no resource farming/unit production aspect) is one of my favorites of all time.

To me, these games never involve all that much "strategy" and a whole lot of what amounts to zerg rushing..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stuttering Update, SDK & Surprise Plans
70. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2004, 15:55 Propagandhi

Can anyone really compare System Shock 2 to HL2... or Deus Ex for that matter? Those games might be FPS, but they are not pure action.

I totally agree, heroin. Once you start to bring in first person action RPGs you end up comparing two things that don't have enough in common to warrant comparing (apples to oranges).

I find it mind boggling that someone thinks Outlaws and Outcast were better games than HL 2. I mean, they're both good games, but they don't have that epic cinematic quality present in HL 2.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stuttering Update, SDK & Surprise Plans
33. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2004, 13:04 Propagandhi

Many people (for reasons I can't understand) whine about HL 2, but they never offer a game that is hands down better than it. Occasionally someone mumbles something about Halo 2 being better, but all I can do is laugh at that ridiculousness..

In all seriousness, HL 2 is hands down the best single player FPS of all time, and I think it's foolish to deny that...

/man I sound like a fan boy..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Catacombs review not really a review.. Nov 24, 2004, 22:58 Propagandhi

Little late to notice this now, but that DAoC: Catacombs review is really just RPG Vault's first impressions.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Xbox controller driver Nov 24, 2004, 22:57 Propagandhi

I know Opera was having troubles because Google used ActiveX to do who knows what if it detected your browser as IE. Firefox could be in a similar boat, so make sure you have it set to identify as firefox and not IE..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch Mod
20. Re: No subject Nov 24, 2004, 22:55 Propagandhi

LOL, figures it would take them months to do what someone else can do in days. LOL. How ironic.

Well, because they're a professional game company, the community expects a professional product. DM from Valve could not be shat out in a week like this buggy product..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > 20,000 Steam Accounts Disabled
135. Re: Man.. why do people keep posting? Nov 23, 2004, 23:20 Propagandhi

My post generated so many stupid replys so very quickly... sigh (one reply and then I'm dropping this):

The same way you should blame the terrorist if your civil rights are taken away?
I wish sometimes people would think.

The ends don't justify the means, people accept measures being taken for e.g. preventing piracy, but sometimes you can go too far.

The ends don't justify the means?! You make this registration thing out to be such a hardship. You end up sacrificing 30 mbs of HD space for Steam, logging in and authenticating ONE time, and then playing in offline mode (if it bugs you this much).

As for your civil rights anecdote, give me a freaking break. Are you expecting the ACLU to come defend your right to unprotected software? Is your very way of life being threatened by activation? This is hardly as serious an issue as the degradation of civil liberties in Our Modern World.

I think Beamer pretty much took care of Squirrel's hamfisted attempt at analogy, so I'll move on to MapleBob's post:

Maybe if Valve is so afraid of being ripped off, they should work on the games but just not release them.

Yeah, great idea! (note: sarcasm) Since they're concerned with their game not making them any money, they should spend all their money on development, and then just not sell it! Wonderful plan!

Bottom Line: This activation hardly inconveniences you. The spyware you are infected with every time you attempt to pirate a game (in retalliation or however you justify it) is a much greater threat to your computer use.

Quit whining, send a few packets to Valve, then go into offline mode. You shouldn't be using an internet connection anyway, it probably compromises your (apparently ridiculously high) standards of security and privacy.

I eat pasta!

96. Re: So, uh, what is that stuff? Nov 23, 2004, 23:02 Propagandhi

Perhaps I'm getting "old" but comincs today just don't entertain like they used to...The Far Side, Bloom County, and Calvin and Hobbes were all classics.

I tend to agree, with the notable exception of Get Fuzzy. It's one of the funniest comics I've read in a long time, and available at comics.com, so I don't have to pick up a paper every day to read it.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > 20,000 Steam Accounts Disabled
128. Man.. why do people keep posting? Nov 23, 2004, 22:39 Propagandhi

I don't get why every time some activation/steam news pops up there's 100+ posts in under a few hours. Until people stop pirating games (never) we're just going to have to get used to product activation.

If you're sick of being treated like a criminal blame the criminals, not the company trying to protect their IP..

I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo