Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars Event Competitions
7. I'm glad access isn't easy to come by.. Dec 3, 2004, 03:10 Propagandhi

I'm sure I could find some way in if I really wanted to, but now that I have to put some effort into it I'll be more likely to stay away (and thus more likely to study for my finals ).  
I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Movies - Far Cry Tech Demo
35. Re: No subject Dec 3, 2004, 02:45 Propagandhi

"More powerful" seems like a pretty pointless bit of description when assessing a game engine. Flexibility and playability matter more IMO, and the Source engine beats Doom 3 hands down in this department.

Computers just aren't up to calculating all lighting data in real time, id abandoned the light map before the hardware was ready to do so, and as a result they're stuck with relatively dark levels.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. Re: Campire Dec 2, 2004, 03:41 Propagandhi

...P33Ghz w/X800 - c'mon!

A 33 Ghz PC can't even get this thing runny smoothly!? My poor 3000+ stands no chance

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 DM Notes
11. Re: No subject Dec 2, 2004, 01:13 Propagandhi

RAM limit: bullshit. I don't have 1.3 Gig, but I've got 512Mb, and that's enough -- according to the box. DX7? Hmmm. I've got DX9.0c.

1. That box is HL 2 singleplayer, HL 2 DM could very well be more demanding..

2. I'm not sure you understand one thing: Your card (most likely) does not support DX 9 (I'm assuming this, because you have less than a gig of ram). Even though you have downloaded and are using DX 9, your card is still only capable of DX 7 (or 8) level instructions.

3. Software releases are buggy, get used to it or get a console. Valve COULD have spent more time testing it, but that would have meant a later release. So in Valve's eyes, you release it even though a *few* people can't play it so the *majority* can have their fun.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 DM Notes
10. Just wanted to say.. Dec 2, 2004, 01:09 Propagandhi

Even though there are only two maps, I'm having a blast with this. Definately some of the best DM (due mainly to the gravity gun) to come out in recent memory. Too bad they didn't put the ant lions in, would have been like snarks on steroids..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Sea Delay
2. Re: Hmm Dec 1, 2004, 22:18 Propagandhi

It's an MMORPG, so people will have a hard time justifying any of their gripes against Steam (it requires an internet connection, it authenticates on startup, etc..)

I don't think the fact that it's being distributed by Steam will have too great an impact on sales, but I wouldn't expect anything great considering the current MMORPG market (EQ 2 and WoW).

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch & SDK Released
97. Some servers.. Dec 1, 2004, 22:06 Propagandhi

As is to be expected, some servers are really laggy (even if you get a good ping to them, you may end up lagging your arse off). This is because the server is overworked. There are a lot of things that need calcultating (phys gun takes a lot of bandwidth compared to a normal weapon) and thus a server than can normally run a 16 person+ server should really keep it to 12 or lower for HL 2 DM.

Really fun, btw..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Surprise = Deathmatch
110. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2004, 03:13 Propagandhi

Meh, waiting in line at FP is no better than this. I can wait for my content, just like I always have.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Armies of Exigo
2. Re: ? Dec 1, 2004, 02:51 Propagandhi

I think they figure, "We've got all these underpaid programers at our disposal, why not use them?" So they end up saturating the market, who cares?

These games cost EA so little money to make, they can afford to release them in a stupid manner.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 Movie
6. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2004, 02:48 Propagandhi

It does kinda look a bit like Battlefield 2, no?

Maybe if you replaced the pretty textures with ugly textures, and for every 3 polygons, you put 1 in instead (ok, slight exageration).

I eat pasta!

20. Re: I <3 VALVe Nov 30, 2004, 20:09 Propagandhi

How come that screenshot looks like co-op?

Probably just a sampling of available models. Notice that the "screenshot" (may be an original screenshot, photoshopped, as all geometry is pretty close to correct) is title "hl2dm.jpg".

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 Movie
1. Ick. Nov 30, 2004, 19:49 Propagandhi

I guess I'm spoiled, but I couldn't even get through that trailer.

Tom Clancy is obviously not doing the writing for this game, even if it is still (technically) his franchise. Combine the poor writing with some mediocre (at best) voice acting, consoley graphics (IE, last generation) and you've got a recipe for me not watching

I eat pasta!

5. Re: Weeee another deathmatch game... Nov 30, 2004, 19:42 Propagandhi

I would like to see a co-op mod of HL2.

The Sven team is doing a co-op mod for HL 2.

http://www.svencoop.com/

I eat pasta!

2. I'm excited. Nov 30, 2004, 19:35 Propagandhi

This news pleases me greatly. I am most excited to see what Valve has in store for us.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 Announced
24. Re: I hope they stop before... Nov 30, 2004, 16:26 Propagandhi

The other R6's were released on consoles, too. Why are people so scared all of a sudden?

Not that I think this will be any good, Ubi has shown no interest in making a game with modern graphics, and the gameplay will be dumbed down (not because this is being developed for consoles, but because that's what they've done with each new installment).

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Lava Lamp Nov 30, 2004, 14:23 Propagandhi

All comes back to my golden rule: Do not cook that which you do not understand.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Gordon Model
19. Any specific dates for SDK? Nov 30, 2004, 14:18 Propagandhi

Is the SDK still just slotted for sometime "this week" or is there a fixed date for it now?  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Tuesday Game Reviews
5. Re: World of Warcraft : Gamespot 9.5 Nov 30, 2004, 12:35 Propagandhi

Less then a week ago you were whining at reviewers for giving EQ 2 high scores based solely on graphics. I really doubt Gamespot had enough time to judge anything but the graphics and the newb quests, I don't think these early reviews we're seeing of WoW are any more credible than the early EQ 2 reviews.

Neither game seems to have a compelling end game, and therefore I'll hold off on both.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Sony Cell Nov 30, 2004, 00:15 Propagandhi

Supposedly there are going to more japanese publishers signing on for the next Xbox.

Considering the current level of popularity Xbox 1 is experiencing in Japan (read: poor), I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is an empty threat...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Open-source geeks are heroes.. Nov 30, 2004, 00:11 Propagandhi

Karma whores

/slashdot joke.

I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo