Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Some look *decent* Dec 10, 2004, 03:31 Propagandhi

When making a new game it's tough to get people to remember it. Having a website that's a clone of 10 other games doesn't make that game any more memorable.

It would just help the customer remember the game exists. I didn't say it had to be a good website, just that it needed a unique (in any way) website..

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
78. Re: Riddick Dec 9, 2004, 19:40 Propagandhi

Awesome to hear that people are enjoying it. Not gonna pick it up until I know there aren't any control issues (never trust a port) but it looks really cool.

/crosses fingers for a demo

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Some look *decent* Dec 9, 2004, 19:35 Propagandhi

If they'd take the time to give each product a unique web page some of those games might be able to hold their own. Lumping them together like that doesn't increase their percieved quality at all  
I eat pasta!

68. Re: guns Dec 9, 2004, 18:20 Propagandhi

Summary of gun debate:

Troll->anecdotal evidence->made up statistic->personal attack->made up statistic->anecdotal evidence->made up statistic->repeat

The worst part is that neither side notices their hypocracy...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > More WoW H@x0rs Banned
4. Re: No subject Dec 8, 2004, 03:31 Propagandhi

We are all individuals!

/cue "I'm not"

I eat pasta!

37. I'm gonna post here! Dec 7, 2004, 03:04 Propagandhi

I am posting here, nearly TWO DAYS after this Out of the Blue was originally posted!! Such craziness!! No one willever read this!  
I eat pasta!

63. Re: Textbooks Dec 6, 2004, 19:13 Propagandhi

I don't think it's that hard to justify the cost of a textbook, I mean, obviously the materials don't cost anything near the retail price but there's a lot of work to be done to produce a volume of accurate knowledge the size of a modern textbook. You also have to remember that because of all the competition in the textbook industry many books don't sell that many copies, so to break even they have to charge a buttload.

Yeah, it sucks to shell out $500 or more each semester for books, but fact checking and editing of these books can't be cheap, especially when you get beyond 1st year material..

I eat pasta!

62. Re: Textbooks and HL2 Dec 6, 2004, 19:11 Propagandhi

No offense, BatmanX, but it seems like most of your gripes regarding CS:S have to do with your lack of skill than anything else.

Getting headshots and quick kills in CS:S seems exceedingly easy to me, it's just a matter of knowning when to walk, when to crouch, and when to run as well as properly pacing your shots.

The game obviously isn't for you, but that doesn't mean it sucks. Many people (who have figured out how to play) really enjoy it, and I don't see why you're wasting your time telling everyone that it's worthless..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > The Mod Squads - Sven Coop 2 Details
11. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2004, 23:47 Propagandhi

Thanks for clearing that up, Sven

Just posting to say I love Sven Coop...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Saturday Game Reviews
2. Re: RPGs where art thou Dec 4, 2004, 21:54 Propagandhi

Agreed, I'm currently playing through Planescape: Torment while I wait for a finished RPG to be released (or Vampire to be patched).  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Halo 2 Sales Dec 4, 2004, 07:05 Propagandhi

hl2 will be lucky to have sold 1/2 a million so far.

Considering the original Half-Life's net sales are somewhere around 8,000,000 units, I'm fairly certain that HL 2 has managed to at least break the 1,000,000 units barrier..

Your call, I guess, no numbers have been officially announced ASFAIK.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Steam Updates
21. Re: Download without Steam or Half-Life Dec 4, 2004, 04:36 Propagandhi

If you own the game then you can install it on both computers. Not at all difficult.

You're going to have most of the game content (models, textures) on the "development" PC anyway..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Stalker Dec 4, 2004, 04:32 Propagandhi

I get the impression that they're concentrating more on finishing the game now, rather than releasing any serious media. At least thats what I hope is happening..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > DOOM Movie Update
24. Re: I like it Dec 4, 2004, 04:30 Propagandhi

If I saw bullet time slow mo in the DOOM movie I think I'd lose it.

<sarcasm>
Because it'd be so freaking cool, right? Right?!
</end sarcasm>

This movie will be an unmitigated disaster.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Guild Wars Event Commences
5. Re: Ummm... Dec 4, 2004, 04:16 Propagandhi

I spent a little time in a guild (I quite, but only because they were idiots ) in the last preview event, and I felt it was a well developed system. Your guild hall is located on the world map.. you have to click on it.. not sure how you didn't manage to find that, but I digress.

Anyway, getting your guild together and PvPing on the "guild" map or whatever was pretty fun, even if it wasn't properly balanced during the last WPE. All in all, there's a lot less PvE raid content (none right now) but I don't miss that stuff, the PvP more than makes up for it.

Still doubt I'll buy the game, because it'll probably be too much of a time sink for me to justify right now, but I like these WPE's.. enjoying them in moderation

edit: Sync, sink.. whatever..

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 04:17.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Chronicles of Riddick Movie
3. Re: TOP NOTCH! Dec 4, 2004, 03:31 Propagandhi

According to that trailer the game is "available now" so I assume it's going to be out on time. Looks pretty cool, too, maybe I'll manage to get it for christmas or something  
I eat pasta!

3. Re: Anyone doing this? Dec 4, 2004, 03:25 Propagandhi

I really enjoyed it. The ease of getting a group going was a big turn on for me. Even playing without a guild (which I prefer to do in these games) it was easy to find groups and enjoy myself.

I definately enjoyed it more than WoW, where I spent most of my time soloing. Also, the PvP system is a blast, if you get into a decent group you can have a really good time with it..

I eat pasta!

1. Anyone doing this? Dec 4, 2004, 02:10 Propagandhi

If anyone preordered so they could play this weekend and happens to have an extra friend pass...

beguiledfoil@hotmail.com if you want to throw me some love.

I eat pasta!

18. Re: Download without Steam or Half-Life 2? Dec 4, 2004, 01:13 Propagandhi

Yeah, you can render created maps without the game, but unless you get some chance to play test it you're going to end up with one buggy arse map.

Bottom line, if you want to mod a game it's a good idea to buy it..

I eat pasta!

5. Re: Download without Steam or Half-Life 2? Dec 3, 2004, 14:19 Propagandhi

It is not possible to use the SDK without buying the game. And it requires Steam to use, just like HL 2.

And you really don't need third party mirrors in Steams case, think of it as an MMOG..

I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo