Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Heh.. WoW identity crisis Jan 18, 2005, 21:44 Propagandhi

I think WoW thinks that it's DAoC  
I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New C-S Bot
10. Maybe I'm just uber.. Jan 17, 2005, 23:14 Propagandhi

I started a little server of my own with 3 bots on my team, 4 on the other. Set the difficulty to expert and started up aztec. Even without sound I managed to go 8-1 before getting bored, and my team never managed to lose. Gonna go try a 2 vs 1 situation and see how I fare, but so far the bot's skills are somewhat disapointing...

Edit: 2 vs 1 was equalling boring.. sigh..

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 23:38.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
77. Re: The Big Picture Jan 17, 2005, 19:43 Propagandhi

I found that and the (more obvious) half bus/half car contraption that was somehow moving down the street. I was amused  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2005, 22:30 Propagandhi

I'll admit it looks pretty cool, and I'd consider recommending it to my parents or someone similarily tech-challenged. Pity they put the power button, USB/Firewire, and audio ports on the back. Woulda have been smarter of them to put it all on the keyboard (firewire and headphone jack as well as the usual power button and (typically, maybe this has changed) the unpowered USB port..).  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Free Marathon Release
16. Re: Way to go Jan 11, 2005, 20:35 Propagandhi

Oh, no doubt on that. But who do you think is more revered: Westwood for Dune II or Blizzard for StarCraft?

Personally I'd say Westwood for C&C but maybe that's just me. Sure, Dune II came first but C&C introduced a ton of people to the genre and really popularized it..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Source Update
8. Re: I have a question Jan 10, 2005, 22:50 Propagandhi

Ugh, I finished the game a long time ago. Why couldnt they of fixed the shit when it came out? Valve sucks arse!

I bet you'd be bitching even more if they'd delayed the release to fix these bugs (that effect relatively few people).

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 22:50.

I eat pasta!

13. Re: Spyware problem Jan 10, 2005, 13:23 Propagandhi

Ad Aware SHOULD be able to kill it, at least according to my sources. Have you updated your Ad Aware definitions? What version are you running (of Ad Aware)?  
I eat pasta!

16. Re: winamp Jan 9, 2005, 16:53 Propagandhi

Foobar2000 is a popular alternative. It's very modular, but it can take some getting used to and it definately takes some reading to get it setup the way you'd like it..

Here is their site: http://www.foobar2000.org/

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sims 2 Hack Attack
3. This could have been so cool.. Jan 6, 2005, 23:12 Propagandhi

Man.. someone could have had some serious fun with this bug, the possibilities are endless. For instance:

A modified microwave that starts on fire at a certain time, for instance. Whole communities of Sims wiped out in a rash of apparently spontaneous microwave explotions.

A custom Sim that appeared to be very social and well adjusted at first glance, but eventually murdered everyone in the house while the player was looking elsewhere. If you managed to notice the little bugger doing his dirty work he could run off to the TV and pretend nothing happened or something, or better yet go take a shot from the magic espresso machine (see the slashdot article) and go back to "normal."

A custom couch that "ate" (made them disapear) sims would also be freaking awesome. Stupid Sims community just didn't see the potential of their situation... a real tragedy..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > VU & Ubisoft (vs. EA)?
16. Smart move by EA. Jan 5, 2005, 20:44 Propagandhi

They start buying Ubisoft stock, enough so that they either get a controlling share or a bidding war ensues and the price goes up, thus making them (I'm assuming here) a shit-ton of money. I wish I had the cash to create this kind of situation... Hmm... Maybe I can buy stock with Uni-induced debt.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. F.E.A.R. Jan 5, 2005, 01:20 Propagandhi

Those Fear shots look awesome, hope the game lives up to them. Definitely looks like the front runner (along with Stalker, another game I refuse to properly punctuate and capitalize) for awesome new franchise. I bet it takes a lot of people by surprise when its released (ala Far Cry).

Edit: The IGN article seems to be MIA, btw.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 03:54.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Game Movies
1. 25 to Life.. Dec 18, 2004, 04:44 Propagandhi

I actually enjoyed that trailer, although I can tell the actual game play is going to suck, and once the "plot" is drawn out to full length they'll never be able to play on any kind of emotions they way they should..

Well produced cutscenes, but the actual graphics and gameplay definately suffer from console-itis..

Edit: Just watched the Unseelie video, and I was pretty impressed. I looked at a couple screenshots before hand, but other than that this is all I'd seen of the game. It looks pretty fun, in a nerve racking/I can't force my self to continue kind of way. IMO the "horror" aspect of video games has been a little lacking. Aside from one level of Vampire: Bloodlines I can't think of any recent release that really got my heart beating. Doom 3 was ok, but somehow it just wasn't that scary, and I blame that on the massive arsenal the player carries around at all times. Unseelie looks to be more of an adventure game, and being somewhat unarmed really makes a game more suspensful..

Still don't have much of an idea regarding the actual gameplay of Unseelie, but hopefully it's as tense as that trailer (which seems do-able, considering the trailer really didn't suggest much danger, aside from your beating heart there was no real indication of a threat)...

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 05:00.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Thursday Game Reviews
7. Re: Thanks Blue Dec 17, 2004, 04:47 Propagandhi

it's also way too white, it hurts my sensitive eyes!

Isn't that a little bit off topic? I enjoy talking about my disgustingly pasty butt cheeks as much as anyone, but why did you have to bring it up in the reviews thread?

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Game Movies - Project: Snowblind Date
1. Snowblind.. Dec 15, 2004, 21:19 Propagandhi

Cheesey voice-over aside, snowblind looks pretty good. My only gripe is with those "punches" that recoil the instand contact is made, they make the slow motion scene look pretty odd..  
I eat pasta!

43. Re: Typo Dec 15, 2004, 18:10 Propagandhi

45-60 degrees is winter?! Temps like those let you know when late spring has arrived, that's t-shirt weather!

I don't know how you crazies can go a whole year without snow or even freezing rain. Aside from the recreational benefits it adds a certain edge to any kind of travel you have planned. There's nothing like dodging sliding semis in white out conditions to let you know you're alive!

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Steam Updates
19. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2004, 21:16 Propagandhi

Finish the game before you kill the "game scene" thing in the menu, sometimes you see the G-Man and stuff in them, and I, for one, think it's worth the extra 20 seconds  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Re: Silent Hunter 3 Dec 14, 2004, 20:10 Propagandhi

I'm really impressed with your use of naval terms in your post about the naval game (seriously).  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Lemony Snicket Demo
4. Re: ... Dec 14, 2004, 20:03 Propagandhi

Big mistake man.. Kid sisters want ponies, not video games.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Updates
39. Re: Insults Dec 11, 2004, 00:32 Propagandhi

I think Cheese is the smartest person of all time. I think we should vote him king.

/Hates Gamespot, hates quasi-illiteracy even more..

I eat pasta!

84. Re: guns Dec 10, 2004, 03:50 Propagandhi

While you're at it, lock up cars, knives, ropes, bathtubs full of water, rat poison, arsenic, nurses with large doses of drugs, and people with strong muscles, because they all have been used to kill people, too.

I don't agree with you often, Warhawk, but I can usually understand where you're coming from and appreciate your logic. This little sentence, however, is probably the stupidest post in this thread (and that's saying a lot for *any* debate on the interwebs).

Every single item you listed has a legitimate primary use that does not hurt people (let alone, kill them). Guns, on the other hand, are used only for killing (or, possibly, target practice, which is really just killing practice). Just because someone wants to make guns illegal does not mean they want to make everything else that could even possibly kill a person illegal as well (that's an ugly sentence, it's late, I'm not rewriting it).

There are ways one can at least marginally justify gun ownership (aside from hunting, which real men do with a bow or a knife) but your reasoning certainly isn't one of them. Please, before you so eagerly defend your faction's doctrine take the time to stop and think. You'll look like much less of a jackass if you bother to do that.

I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo