Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Star Wars
9. Re: Coming soon! Apr 6, 2005, 18:41 Propagandhi

How low can a franchise go

This is hardly a low point for Star Wars.. Lucas has been pimpin' his "creation" since day one, and he's licnesed far worse ideas than this one.

That Star Wars christmas game, for instance. Or all the Pepsi promotions that have been licensed. Star Wars never was some holy spirit of pure and untouched sci-fi...

Wow... I just realized I can't make coherent, balanced sentences when I haven't slept for a day or two..

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hello World
90. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2005, 08:37 Propagandhi

Now I feel all sheepish for my whine in the forums late last night

Glad everything is back...

Is it just me, or are the yellows more muted than they used to be? Maybe I just got too used to the temp. page.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Star Wars Republic Commando Patch
2. Re: Too little... Apr 6, 2005, 01:08 Propagandhi

I'm tempted to buy it just because their ads seem to be less invasive than most others here on Blues  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Update Plans
7. Re: Historical Accuracy Feb 12, 2005, 00:56 Propagandhi

What's VAC 2?

Valve Anti-Cheat for HL 2: DM/CS:S.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Updated Settlers 5 Demo
4. Re: stunning Feb 7, 2005, 20:46 Propagandhi

Got it from 3D gamers (don't remember hte mirror) and it was pretty quick. Fun demo, not much strategy involved (just build up as quick as you can) but I really enjoyed it..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Imperator Feb 2, 2005, 03:16 Propagandhi

That artwork is pretty impressive, but I can't help but shake the feeling (based on the E3 movie) that this game is going to come out dated. Even if the graphics do live up to that art, I haven't heard or seen anything that made it look particularly compelling.. just another futuristic MMORPG destined for mediocrity and failure (ala AO).

If I had the time to throw into an MMORPG I'd still be playing Eve, that game was/is freaking fantastic. I just don't see how these omre traditional games can compete with the coolness that is the Eve universe..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > From Russia With Love & More
6. Re: Bond on PC Feb 1, 2005, 02:20 Propagandhi

Nightfire sucked (and I'm pretty sure they did develop it, not just port it) and that Halo port was a mess, but please don't try and demean OpFor. That game was fuckin awesome..

And despite all the hipe regarding the characters of Brothers in Arms, I'm not that excited for yet another WW 2 game. Gimme the damn OpFor sequel, please! And yes, I just want more HL 2-esque gameplay (much the same way I just wanted more HL 1-esque gameplay immidiately after it came out).

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Saturday Game Reviews
2. Wow.. Jan 30, 2005, 02:49 Propagandhi

How is NRA Varmint Hunter not some kind of satire? That's...

Wow..

Edit: I just never thought I'd live to see the day that "Varmint" was used in the title of any kind of serious commercial product...

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 02:49.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Darwinia Demo Plans
25. Re: Insults Jan 30, 2005, 02:01 Propagandhi

If you don't want us to respond to your opinions, then don't post them. The reason you would want to post them here, is so that you could engage in a conversation with your fellow gamers, and obviously you aren't interested in doing that.

He disagreed with you, and suggested that more superficial games (Doom 3) would be a better fit if you didn't like games with simpler graphics (Darwinia). That was a valid suggestion, but instead of better explaining yourself you went off the deep end and started throwing insults. If you don't want your opinions to garner replies go find a board with no "reply" button.

..your garbage my-way so i handled it properly.

Your idea of handling the situation properly is a little .. off base. Perhaps his suggestion that you go play Doom 3 was a little rough or something (I don't know why, I enjoyed that game) but there's no reason for you to go off the deep end, dude.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Wow.. Simutronics. Jan 27, 2005, 10:03 Propagandhi

Haven't heard of them since I used to play CS (no, not Counter-Strike, Cyber Strike!) way back in the day. CS 2 was pretty crappy (they changed a lot of the great gameplay fundamentals, namely the nade/assist) but CS was one of the greatest early 3D multiplayer games. Hopefully this new RPG turns out to be a solid game, if there's an open beta or anything I'll definately check it out.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Surf's Up and Open Season
1. Eh? Jan 27, 2005, 02:09 Propagandhi

Surf's Up and Open Season

So that means what? Open season on surfers? And no, I hadn't read anything besides the headline (I was struck by the muse, all I could do was post!)

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
42. Re: No subject Jan 27, 2005, 00:45 Propagandhi

You sir, are an asshat.

Honestly, you spend all this time trolling for Rambus "to increase [your] total number of posts." Just to wrap this up, here are some real world (IE game tests) benchmarks of rambus vs. DDR. This was the most recent iteration of the technology. They prove (in my mind, at least) that although Rambus had significant throughput advantages their higher latency created a bottleneck, that ultimately lead to less than stellar performance.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20030331/sis658-09.html

Regardless of performance, Rambus's business tactics (a closed standard, sueing DDR (an open standard), over charging for their product and specifically the aforementioned "2 stick" requirement) place them square in the tech gutter. Rambus deserved what it got, hopefully these suits will be dismissed and we'll finally see the last of them..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > DNF at E3?
62. Re: No news is good news Jan 26, 2005, 18:03 Propagandhi

...convince the public and his company to partake in his neo-vietnam flashback episodes he lives through every waking moment of consciousness he breathes at his desk and bedroom.

Double-You. Tea. Eff.

I guess I kind of agree with the rest of your points, but I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I'm unfamiliar with the Mr. Brossard's flashbacks and I suggest you lay off the rock.

Also, "Mod" is not an acronym, it's an abbreviation.. please stop typing it in ALL CAPS (just a little PSA).

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2005, 12:59 Propagandhi

The RIMM 4200 module manages to outperform our DDR-333 setup by roughly 35%, while it pounds the top performing DDR-266 platform by around 60%.

And it only cost 2 to 3 times as much! Not to mention the fact that it never made any significant performance gains in future revisions and still cost twice as much as PC 3200 DDR when it hit the market.

But the performance/price issue is hardly the biggest issue when it comes to Rambus, it's their dirty and underhanded business practices (which have already been brought up in this thread). They intentionally submitted their patented tech to the SDRAM standard despite the fact that SDRAM was an open standard! And then they sued people for it! Say it with me now: Recockulous.

I hate Rambus, and I hate the Intel management team that partnered with them.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > DNF at E3?
25. I keep thinking.. Jan 26, 2005, 12:46 Propagandhi

I keep thinking this game could be good. I mean, we really haven't seen a screenshot in 2 or 3 years, maybe it's been completely overhauled and has truely become a modern FPS. Maybe the physics engine they've licensed has actually been put to use and they've redone all the models since that E3 movie in 2000. Anythings possible, this game might not suck!

/yeah right..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Pariah in May
19. Looks fun.. Jan 25, 2005, 19:42 Propagandhi

I'll wait for a demo, but this game looks promising. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be jaded and what have you.. oops..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Uhh. Jan 22, 2005, 02:18 Propagandhi

Hasn't FlatOut already been released? What exactly is there to "preview"?  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Mmm.. delicious Jan 22, 2005, 02:17 Propagandhi

Any day with Elder Scrolls IV screenshots is a good day (or in this case.. night).

That minotaur was the least impressive shot I've seen so far.. but considering the wetness of my undies.. uhhh.. I better just stop there.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > AIAS Awards Finalists
10. I don't understand.. Jan 22, 2005, 02:12 Propagandhi

I don't understand how people can be disapointed by HL 2 unless they had serious technical issues with it (which some people did). No game has created as emersive a graphical universe.. truely a masterpiece.

It's a lock for Computer Game of the Year, IMO.. although in THEORY WoW could pull something out of its ass and win. As for GOTY, I expect some console game to snag it, just because of their popularity...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2005, 16:28 Propagandhi

I don't mind the "Advertisements" as long as they're limited to product placement; a coke on someone's desk, or a pizza box with "Pizza Hut" on it. If I start seeing blatant endorsements during unskipable.. hell.. any kind of cut scene, that's when I'll return the game or (if returning is not possible, as is often the case) boycott the publisher.

Real brands could, if used plausibly, merely increase the immersion of a video game. Depends on the game obviously (I don't expect to see many classic RPG's with coke in them) and the situation, but I don't think this will be as big of a problem as it has become for cinema..

I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo